Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Alezander took his time getting home. He felt it was such a nice night, that he didn't want to waste it. And if carrying home someone incredibly slowly was the way to do it, he would. He finally came to his mansion, managing to open the door with one hand while still supporting Zalia. He carefully made his way upstairs toward her room. Once there, he sat her on the chair and went to get a towel for her.

Once he had one, he came back, placing it awkwardly over her head and held his hand there and he got eye level with her. "Now, don't go getting depressed again. I prefer it when you have a genuine smile."
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia didn't mind the slow walk. It was nice out, and it had been so long since anyone had held her. She wanted it to last. When she was placed on the chair she simply sat there, still and unmoving. However when the towel was dropped upon her head she blinked in surprise. Her eyes focused on him when he looked her in the eye, though it was hard to let him look her in the eye while he spoke.

"I'm sorry.." was all she said. She knew that she would not have a geniune smile, and she could not give it to him. She just looked down quietly, then finally murmured another thing. "Told you you wouldn't want me here long.."

"Nonsense," he said, standing straight once more. "You make it quite fun to live here again. It's kind of like when my sister broke up with her boyfriend for the first time... Well -- not really, I suppose. The fact is, I don't mind being that solid wall of support for someone. I don't mind listening to problems."

He glanced around the room before adding, "Now get dried up. We don't want you catching cold."

Zalia listened to him and then nodded a little. Once he left the room, she would take off her clothes and hang them up to dry, along with his coat. She'd dry off with the towel and put on some nice, warmer and dry clothes. Then she'd come out to the hallway.

"Alezander?"

He had already changed, wearing a similar outfit though. He was just exiting his room when she called his name. "Yes?" he asked, making his way toward her. He figured she was just curious as to his whereabouts, but questioned it anyway.

He had replaced the earrings he had lost with gold and ruby ones. And he now hand several rings on both hands. He liked the feeling they gave him. Quite a proper and wealthy look, which he liked to be viewed as.

Zalia smiled a little as she saw him, though it disappeared with her words. "I uhm, I wanted to apologize. I ruined the nice night.." In her fingers was one of the flowers he'd tucked in her hair. She was fiddling with it, her eyes focused upon the pretty flower. She felt very guilty.

"It..." She cleared her throat. "You were right. It was him." Her shoulders slumped a little. She was ashamed to have fallen prey to her father again.

"Don't apologize," he said, placing his fingers under her chin and lifting her gaze to him. "I know all too well what kind of influence someone can hold over you, even long after they've left your life." He let his hand fall to his side.

"And the night wasn't ruined at all. Just seeing your expression when you first saw the lake was enough to make the night worth it," he said, brushing his hair from his face once again.

Zalia listened to him speak and she looked at him when her chin was lifted. After listening to his words, she stayed quiet. And then a moment later, she did something rather spontaneous.

She hugged him. Zalia wrapped her arms around him and hid her face in his shoulder. She was quiet for the most part, just standing there and hugging him. But finally two words left her lips. "Thank you.."

He was taken aback when Zalia hugged him. He had not expected that from her. Though it wasn't like he was complaining. It was odd, to feel the embrace of another person without using cheap tricks to get it. It was a very different feeling, something he hadn't experienced since he had been alive.

But he truly welcomed it, moving his arms around her to complete the hug. He didn't say 'You're welcome', because he didn't feel she needed to thank him in the first place.

Zalia was reluctant to let go. She liked the comfort that his embrace gave her. The peace and the feeling of security. Like even her father could not hurt her when she was in Alezander's arms. She let the hug go on for a few more long moments, then hesitantly stepped back and dropped her arms from him.

Now that they weren't hugging...she didn't know what to do. Or what to say. Should she say something about the hug or act as if it didn't matter? She had already thanked him, so really she didn't know what to say. Her cheeks turned pink and she fidgeted slightly. Awkward moments made her uncomfortable.

"I uhm...I think I'll go read in the study. You can come if you want."

He nodded his head. "It will be far more comfortable with a fire going, but I used what we had last night. I'll have to go find some more... or cut some more depending," he said, slowly making his way down the hall and toward the stairs. "I shouldn't be long though. If there is anything we are in abundance of, it is trees."

each step was quick as he made his way down the staircase, stopping momentarily at the bottom to pull another coat from his closet. He looked back to her for a quick second before making his way for the door. "I shouldn't be long at all.

Zalia listened to him speak and she nodded. "Alright." She smiled slightly and watched him leave the house, then she went to the study and sat down with his photo album. She wanted to learn more about him. He was so interesting.

After a few moments of searching through the album, she leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes. She thought about him. He was interesting.

I give it a week. Tops.

Zalia almost burst into tears right then. That voice again. "Haven't you done enough damage?" she whimpered. You failed. You're still an abomination in this world. Why are you being such a burden to him? Do you think he actually LIKES taking care of a halfblood like you? Of course not. But look at him. He's a gentleman. He can't outright deny you. But your presence makes him sick.

Zalia shook her head a little. "No...it's not true." But it is. Ask him yourself. Ask him if he cares about you. Watch. He'll get strange about it and then lie. How can he deny someone, after all? He's a gentleman. But even gentlemen have their limits.

Zalia looked around. "Stop it...you're lying. You're the liar!" Are you willing to risk the chance that I am lying? She wasn't. She knew she wasn't. Zalia whimpered and curled up in the chair. "Leave me alone..."

Alezander made his way into the house, holding a stack of wood for the fire. It had been a long time since he had done something like that, and it was obvious. There was dried blood on his hand, by where a wound had healed when he cut himself with the axe. It had taken a little longer than he thought, but he managed to get enough to last a few days.

He slowly made his way toward the study, opening the door with his foot and setting the wood by the door. He picked up a few logs and threw them into the fireplace, lighting it soon after.

"There we go," he said, looking at her with a triumphant smile.

Zalia jumped slightly when he came in. She looked at him and managed a tiny little smile. "Thanks." She closed her eyes and kept herself curled up. She didn't really want to look at him again. Ashamed because she was so close to listening to that voice again.

"Alezander...do you think something's wrong with me?" Why would she still hear her father's voice, after all this time?

He stepped back from the fire and looked at her. "Why do you ask?" he asked, not knowing what would bring on that sort of question. But he didn't give her a second to answer. "I don't find anything wrong with you. But of course, that is my own opinion. Apparently there is something that is making you think otherwise. May I inquire to know what it is?"

He made his way to sit in his usual chair, ready to listen if she wanted to explain.

Zalia whimpered softly. "I still hear him. It's been years since I left, but I still hear him. I don't know. I must be messed up in the head or something..." She shivered. "He's been talking to me more often. It scares me. What if he's here? Or what if he's always just been inside me? I don't know. I don't understand. I'm confused and I'm scared. I'm going to try to kill myself again if he keeps talking to me, I know it. He'd want nothing more than for me to end my own life..."

She shivered. "I can't do this..."

Alezander rested the fingers of one of his hands against his temple, seeming to think for a moment. "It makes a little sense that you can still hear his voice. And it's odd that it is happened more frequently. I have a theory, that he is using the connection you two share through your blood, to perhaps track you down. Or maybe I am completely off on this hypothesis all together. In any case, he won't harm you, I'll make sure of that. Just remember that it is just a voice... try and build strength from it, if you can."

He knew it would be hard for her, but all he could offer was encouraging words over those of an cruel man.

Zalia's face went pure white when Alezander spoke of tracking her down. She curled up into a tight little ball and started shaking uncontrollably. "W-w-w-what if you're right?" She whimpered, looking as if she was trying to just hide within herself. "I don't...I don't want to ever see him again. If he comes back, things will be awful. I don't want to get hurt anymore..."

Her father had obviously left a very strong, very bad impact on her.

"Don't worry," Alezander said, standing up. He took a step forward, but faded out. He reappeared behind Zalia, gabbing the blanket beside her and wrapping it around her. "Like I said, I won't let him hurt you. I swear it on my existence." And he truly meant it. For some reason, he just felt the urge to protect this girl.

Zalia whimpered in surprise when he appeared behind her, but when he wrapped her up in the blanket she leaned a bit against him. "Thank you..." She didn't even want to think about her father coming to get her. That would be bad, very bad.

The night had been...stressful, for her. To say the least. She was tired and wanted to sleep, but she was scared to be in her room alone after thinking that her father might be coming after her. She leaned back against the chair, curled up in the blanket contentedly. She didn't look so scared now at least.

She would watch him with whatever he decided to do. She felt safe when he was around.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus