Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

He had to think for a moment. It had been a while since he had thought about something like that. "When I turned, I had just turned 20. So I suppose I appear the same age as from them. But realistically, I'm far older than I care to admit."

He shifted his position, setting his feet upon the floor now. "What about you? The halfblood I knew aged normally until she was sixteen. I have little clue to how old she truly was.". He raised his hand to his head, brushing his hair back from his face and then resting it on his forehead. It had also been a long while since he had talked about her.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia listened to him, nodding in understanding. "Okay." When he asked about her, she hesitated for a moment. "Well...we never really celebrated my birthday. So I think I'm...somewhere between nineteen and twenty-three." Her body seemed more around nineteen, or perhaps it was just the way that she was so shy and tried to shrink back from everything. She acted younger, so scared of the world that hated her.

"Never celebrated, huh?" he said, curious to her words. It had always been an extravogant party when his birthday had come, growing up. "Well, do you know about when it is? We can celebrate it here. It'll be fun! Though I don't know how many guests we would have, especially at night, and with the reputation he may have just made at the celebration tonight." He gave a sly grin, almost as if he found it all amusing.

Zalia blushed. "No, I'm sorry. I'm not really sure." She shook her head a little. "N-no, you don't have to do that. There's no need to celebrate it..." She looked over at him, noticing his sly grin, and she blushed all the more. "My birthday's not anything special, you don't have to go through so much..."

"Are you kidding?" he said, still grinning as he looked at her. "You haven't experienced the good things in life. Of course I am going to show you what those are like." He seemed to being having too much fun planning all these things out in his head. Far too much. "So, just so --"

There came a knock at the door. Alezander looked to Zalia for a moment, before motioning to her to stay where she was. He slowly made his way toward the door, allowing another knock. He opened it just a little, looking out for a moment, and let out a sort of sigh of relief. "I was wondering when you were going to show up. I was getting low." He opened the door, allowing the visitor in.

A young woman, with long dark blonde hair and her cyan eyes wondered around the room before resting on Zalia. She was dressed in a nice set of dress slacks and jacket, golden charms adorning her neck, wrist and waist. She was very beautiful, and one couldn't help but wonder if she too was a vampire. "You act like you've been causing trouble," she said, turning her gaze back to Alezander, her words seeming far from friendly toward him.

"You could say that," he smiled, looking over to Zalia again. "That is Zalia, a young woman I met in town tonight. She'll be staying here for a while. Zalia, this is Kai, my source for my -- natural craving." Upon closer inspection, Kai could been seen carrying a very large bag, that seemed remarkably heavy, but she showed no signs of it being so.

Kai frowned. "Taking in strays, now, are you? That's all I want, to be around more of your kind with any other purpose than to kill you." Her voice was cold, not caring if Zalia heard her or not. "Let's just get this over with." She made her way down into the cellar.

"I'll be in the mid bedroom, then." Alezander gave a subtle laugh, apparently not phased by what she had said. "Zalia, you may come if you wish, but I warn you, you may not like what you see." He felt he shouldn't keep something like this from her, especially if she was going to be living here.

He made his way up to the bedroom with the red and brown sheets and decor, making his way over to the bed and sitting on it.

Zalia blinked and stared at him. "Wh-what? But I can't...I'm not good at being the center of attention..." The knock came and she blinked once more in surprise. He had visitors? Who would visit him? She stayed where she was, her ears listening in on the conversation. It must be his blood supplier. When the woman came in, she looked over.

Immediately Zalia felt inferior. Incredibly inferior, because this woman was strikingly beautiful. She blushed and looked down when Alezander introduced her. "H..hello.." She flinched at Kai's cold voice and harsh words.

She grew confused when the two parted ways. "Wh-what am I going to see?..." She had to go after that. She had to find out. She stood up and followed him, staying just inside the door of the room. She seemed too submissive, far too submissive. Kai was the stimulant for that. She'd triggered that emotion within Zalia, of obedience. It was either obey or be hurt.

"I'm going to show you what I do to get my blood. I'm not proud of it, but I find it far better than going on a rampage in town." He said, then noticed that Zalia seemed to retreat to her former mind-set. "Don't worry about Kai. She hates vampires, because of what was done to her. If it makes you feel any better, she hates me too. But she's like me. We need each other to keep our sanity."

He felt he should explain that a bit more, seeing as how confusing it might be to someone who had no clue what was happening. "Kai was experimented on her whole life, as researches attempt to mimick us vampires. They gave her a virus, turning her into a 'living vampire'. She isn't like you or me, being undead, but she holds some of the same characteristics. She can't be in direct sunlight, and she hungers. But she hungers for vampire blood.

"So basically, she provides me blood, and I provide her hers. I would take her blood, but I don't know if that would kill her, or actually turn her into a vampire. And she would never let that happen anyway."

He smiled again. "She does have a charm over vampires though. I can have her show you when she gets here."

And it was only a moment later before Kai made her way to enter the room. She stopped when she saw Zalia. She sighed, and made her way past the girl, saying, "I didn't think we would have an audience."

Alezander shook his head at her words. "Don't be shy. It's not like you. But I want you to show Zalia your seductive powers. You know, how you almost killed me?"

Kai placed her hand on her hip, wanting to say, 'I'm not here to entertain,' but she knew that Alezander would only drag this out if she didn't. She turned to Zalia. "I won't hurt you, so don't be afraid. I can't take on Alezander, and I know he wouldn't like it if I hurt you," she said, prior to doing what Alezander wanted.

She stood silent for a moment, before her words came from her mouth smooth like silk and sweet like honey. "Zalia... What a beautiful name for a charming girl. Perhaps, I could get to know such a lovely creature?" Alezander sat behind her, smiling. He wanted to do this to not only show Zalia that there are far more dangers out there than she knew; but also to let her know that there were others like her, that once could not fit in with society, but once free from their trapped mindset, could live out in the world and do as they please and become strong willed.

Zalia was quiet and just listened, nodding a little bit. "S-seducing..?" She wasn't really that happy about it. She would rather not be tested on, but of course she didn't voice this.

Her body stiffened when she heard her name on that voice. She shivered. Part of her submitted completely, wanting to let the woman get to know her. But yet part of her screamed out and rejected the voice, knowing it was dangerous.

Zalia's knees buckled and she fell to the floor, grabbing her head in her hands. "S...stop..." When the woman did stop, she'd stay there for a moment. Then she picked up the nearest thing and threw it at Alezander. "Stay away from me!!" She stood up and rushed out of the room, locking herself in her own bedroom.

She didn't understand him. First he was kind to her, then he subjects her to that? She didn't trust him. Not at all. She wanted out, she wanted to leave. It wasn't worth it to stay with the nutcase vampire. But she just lay down on her bed and stayed there.

"Looks like someone didn't want to see my powers," she said, looking back to Alezander, who had blocked the object Zalia had thrown at him with his hand. He frowned at Kai. "I wanted to let her see that she could become strong willed like you, who was once an outcast too." Kai glared at him, obviously thinking he was mad as well.

"And how the hell did you attend to get that point across with me doing that? You really are an idiot," Kai said, feeling as if she were on the verge of punching him herself.

"I guess I've forgotten what little it takes for someone to feel fear. Or how to consider the limits of others," he said, standing up.

"I think you wanted to scare her... to push her away. Because you are scared." Kai crossed her arms, watching him pass in front of her and out the door. "And I'm not leaving until I get my payment."

"You'll get it when I give it to you," he said, turning now, his eyes glowing slightly crimson, and he now bared his fangs. He relaxed, returning to his normal self, and sighed. "Can you talk to her for me? I need to --- think. I need to understand myself."

"I'm not going to clean up your goddamn messes for you," Kai shouted as he disappeared into his room. "You're like a little kid!" She threw her fist against the wall, but didn't use the force she could have to put a hole in it. She paced back and forth, trying to let out her anger. After a couple of moments, she went to the locked door of Zalia's room, and knocked on it lightly.

"Sorry about that, Zalia... I thought you had agreed to do it," she said, her voice calm. "If I may, can I come in and give my two cents on the situation?"

Zalia threw her pillow at the door. "No. If you want to give your two cents then tell me through the door so you can't use your little charms on me." She whimpered and hid her head under the covers. "It hurt.." She sniffled. "It physically hurt." After a couple moments she looked towards the door.

"What do you care about this? It's not like you like him. No wonder, if he tried that with you too! He...I just don't understand him..." They had been getting along fine, hadn't they? And then that.

Kai sighed, almost feeling this was a lost cause. "You're right, I don't like him. But I respect him. He didn't kill me, even though he had the chance to after I attempted to kill him. He's just, confused. He's harboring emotional distress, something that you of all people should understand. He doesn't let it show. He doesn't want people to find him weak, or... whatever. It's hard to explain." She leaned against the wall in silence, truly surprised at herself for speaking like this. "He's afraid, but he won't admit it. I think he did that... to sabotage himself. He doesn't want to get close to someone, because he's afraid of the mistakes he's made in the past."

She pushed off the wall, and let out a deep breath. "My two cents. I'm not trying to guilt you, or trick you. I promise you that. You can stay mad at him, but I'm just giving you something to understand." And with that said, she left to head downstairs. Not leaving, but just waiting to collect her payment.

Zalia remained quiet the entire time, and even afterwards. Kai was right, they were so similar. She did understand, and she knew just what he was thinking now. She did understand him, more than she wanted to admit. She'd wait an entire half hour, then open the door and creep downstairs. If Kai was gone, she'd go in search of Alezander. "Hello? Alezander?" She still kind of wanted to avoid Kai. "Are you...are you here?"

She hoped she hadn't been left all alone.

Downstairs was silent, and dark. Kai had apparenty gone for the moment, and the large mansion seemed relatively eerie. And there was no sign that Alezander had been down there recently.

But when Zalia had been calling out, a door opened upstairs and footsteps could be heard treading quietly down the hall. And then he emerged from the stairs, looking down at her. He was quiet, his face expressionless. Without a word, he continued down the stairs toward her. He stopped only a few steps from her, and said, "I'm sorry about what I did. It was completely uncalled for. I really--- dont know why I did it. If you wish to leave, I understand. I only hope you accept my apology."

Zalia was scared. Had she been left alone? But then the door opened and footsteps came. She turned towards the stairs and watched as he came down to her and spoke. "I do accept it, and I forgive you. I...I think I understand why you did it." She tugged on a lock of her hair, a nervous habit she had. "But...if you want me to leave, just tell me. If you ever just want me to stay away, just say so.."

She didn't want to leave. Even alone in a house with this strange vampire was better than being all alone on the streets with those hateful humans. "I'll...go back up to my room now.." She walked past him and went up the stairs, going to her room.

Alezander closed his eyes as she passed, running his fingers through his hair. "I don't want you to go. Just understand that it has been a while, since I've been around others. Since I've let someone even relatively close to me." He looked up to her as she topped the stairs. "Have a good night... or day; whichever you prefer me to say."

It was getting to the later hours of the morning, and the sun was no doubtedly making its way over the horizon. He too, went to retire to his room.

Zalia stopped at the top of the stairs at that moment and smiled softly. "Goodnight."

With that she went to her bedroom and slept. She didn't mind having such a strange schedule. She was tired and could change her sleeping accordingly. Being what she was, she didn't need much of it, but it was still needed.

She awoke on a few occasions and would eat and read for a bit, then go back to bed. When nightfall came she'd be up and curled up on the couch, reading a book.

And nightfall was when Alezander came down the stairs, dressed in a crimson silk shirt, and black dress pants. A long black coat made its way almost down to his ankles, and was embroidered with shining golden thread. He had golden chain earrings on his ears and a thick gold necklace. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs, and looked at Zalia with a smile, seeming in a much better mood.

"Good evening. I hope you slept alright." He made his way to a tiny vase that had been placed on the bookshelf. He emptied some of the contents, revealing money and he headed for the door.

"I've got to make it to town before all the stores close. I'm cutting it close already, so I shouldn't be to long." He stood in the open door that led outside, and seemed to fade from sight, the door closing by itself when he had disappeared.

Zalia looked up when he came in, smiling back at him. "Hello. Yes, I did thank you." She nodded in understanding when he excused himself. She herself was wearing a pink sundress tonight with little white flowers on it. She just continued reading her book while he was gone. But she was so curious, curious about the rooms she had been forbidden from. Self-control was key. She didn't move an inch from where she had been when he left.

It was but twenty minutes before he returned, holding large boxes, and a bag. "Just wait there," he said to Zalia, as he made his way into the kitchen.

There was a bunch of shuffling around, and something metal falling to the floor. He did his best to hurry, but with all he had to do, it took another twenty minutes to get everything set out.

On the main table, sat a pretty cake, lacey white and blue frosting, and a single candle sitting in the middle of it. There were two wrapped boxes beside it, acting as gifts, and the contents of the bag had been food for Zalia; a far wider variety than what he had before. He had already put those away.

"Alright! You can come in now!"

Zalia had started to get up when he arrived home, but she stayed where she was upon his words. She listened to the shuffling for a few moments and then went back to her reading. She had no clue what he was doing. She figured he must have just gotten food for her and was having trouble putting it away.

When she was called in she stood, put the book away and came in with little expectation.

When she saw the cake and two presents and the food, she stopped and stared. "Wh...what is this?" The scene seemed vaguely familiar. She'd spotted it before. Other people had done it. A party? A...a birthday party?" She stared in disbelief, but then her gaze went to Alezander. Was he serious? Was this real?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus