Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia's eyes lit up at what he pointed out. "A carriage ride? That's perfect!" She smiled at him and would go over to the man with him. After working through the 'business' part, she got into the carriage with Alezander. Oh wow, it was so romantic! Her cheeks flushed a little as she sat there beside him, holding his hand. A carriage ride with your loved one, that's stuff from fairytale books. Especially to her. She snuggled in a little closer against his side and rested her head on his shoulder, smiling a bit.

Things felt so....perfect.
Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

He climbed into the carriage as well, and held her as she put her head on his shoulder. He smiled, but he also felt a little tense. This did seem perfect, and that worried him. It seemed like the opportune time for something to go wrong.

The horseman pat the horse, and it started walking slowly down the little road; passing by the groups of people that lined the sidewalks. He turned, and kissed the top of Zalia's head.

Zalia was so happy to be in this magical moment with him. She was cuddled quite contently, and when he kissed the top of her head she blushed and smiled. "Alezander..." she whispered. "I love you." She nuzzled against him and would enjoy the carriage ride. Though unfortunately...something did go wrong.

Suddenly the horse was spooked. It bucked and jerked the carriage around as it tried to get away from something. Or someone. Zalia cried out and clung on to Alezander, both of them being threatened to topple out of the carriage.

And then suddenly Zalia felt it. And she smelled it too. Something...nasty. Like wet dog. And she had a bad feeling. A very bad feeling. Alezander, being older than her and not a half-breed like her, may recognize it. Werewolves.

He could smell it, on the air, almost immediately after the horse had been spooked. He held onto Zalia, to make sure she didn't go flying off the coach. Alezander had experienced werewolves previously, and they always seemed to stay away from large areas in their forms. But, this smell, was very strong. So either there was a large group of them, or they were transformed.

And he wasn't sure he was quite ready to face a werewolf.

Zalia had a very terrible feeling. "Alezander..." she whimpered. "I wanna go home. Right now. Please." She was shaking in his arms. The feeling of werewolves terrified her vampiric half. People suddenly cried out and started fleeing the streets. And that was when a single large wolf started approaching the carriage from the shadows. Zalia gripped Alezander as tight as she could. "I-I think w-w-we should r-run...!"

Alezander stood quickly, the moment he saw the creature. He took Zalia's arm carefully, to stand her up as well. "I think you are right. This won't be any good if we stay." And then, he whisked her up into his arms, and almost weightlessly jumped out of the carriage to the ground, and began running back. Back to where? They had gotten here through Zavien, so he was going to be their only way back.

So there was only one option... They had to find him.

Zalia gasped as she was picked up, but she clung onto him. She felt like it was a good idea at least because she was only half vampire, she wouldn't be able to keep up with him. "Wh...what are they doing here? Why are they attacking? We haven't done anything..." She was scared. And she was, understandably, upset. Their perfect night had been ruined and now they were both in danger. And that little voice in her head, the doubting, self-hating voice her father planted over years of verbal and physical abuse, whispered in her mind. It was all her fault.

If she hadn't insisted they go out, they would be safe at home and not being chased by werewolves. She knew what she had to do though. Alezander had to be protected. She was just a halfblood. She was disposable. Alezander wasn't. She couldn't let anything happen to him. He couldn't get hurt.

"I honestly don't know. I haven't seen a werewolf in a very, very long time. Their presence concerns me, though," he said, as he ran. Damn it, Zavien, where are you? he thought to himself. But of course, he recalled that he had probably pissed the male off during their last conversation. Alezander could only hope that the angel was still in the city. If not, then he had no idea what they were going to do.

The scent of the werewolves were still strong, and he wondered who they were pursuing.

"I don't think they would just randomly attack here... They must be after something."

(I didn't see you posted ;~; )

Zalia kept looking around, frightened. "Who are they going after? You? Or me?" She whimpered softly. "I wouldn't put it past my father to spread the rumor that a wild half-blood is on the loose. Werewolves would want to hunt that down and kill it, right? Or maybe..." She paled. "Maybe he said YOU were a wild vampire that's been going around and changing people! Maybe he wants to get you killed..." She held onto him tighter. "We have to get out of here, Alezander!"

"It's gonna take a lot to kill me... I'm more scared for you," he said, looking behind them every few steps to make sure nothing was following them. "Problem is... we can't really leave without Zavien. We have to find him. I'm sure, with all the unusual activity happening, he won't be able to resist showing his face."

At least, that was what he was hoping for.

Zalia looked down. "...yeah. I'm kind of...fragile-ish." She was quiet for a few moments. "Hey...I have an idea. Stop running for a second." She would take in a deep breath and lift her hands to cover Alezander's ears. Then, she screamed as loud as she could.

"ZAVIEN!!!"

Maybe, hopefully, he would come for her call.
Zavien (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

"You don't have to yell," Zavien would say, stepping out of the shop. "What's with all the fuss?" He was talking, of course, about the panic that was ensuing behind the two.

"Werewolves..." Alezander would say, looking at him. Zavien perked a brow and then smirked.

"Oh, and you want to go back using that mirror, do you?" He frowned then, looking at Alezander. "Well, good to know you only want me around when you need something. Maybe I will just leave you two here to the wolves?" He, of course, wasn't serious, but he wasn't showing that so easily.

Zalia sighed in relief as Zavien came out. When he mentioned not helping them, she gave him puppydog eyes without even knowing. "Zavien...please. This whole outing was my idea. If Alezander or you got hurt because of these wolves...I just wouldn't be able to stand it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Please get us out of here, Zavien, please!"

He would look at her, to Alezander, and then back to her. He would give a roll of his eyes and shake his head, but only because he couldn't believe he was letting her talk him out of his anger. "Okay, okay," he said, holding out his hand, a sudden wisp of white aura extending his hand and his glaive appeared. He swung it upward, just beside Zalia, barely missing her.

There was a whine of a dog, and blood splattered onto Zalia, and the ground beside her as a werewolf fell to the ground, dead. "Just, pay a bit more attention," he said, holding his hand out to her.

Zalia gasped as he swung the glaive beside her, her heart racing. When she got splattered with blood, she shuddered. But she gave a little nod and took his hand. "O-okay...sorry.." She was obviously terrified. Not of Zavien, but of the fact that she'd almost gotten killed. She shivered but was glad she had both her friends. Things would be okay. Hopefully. "Just..just get us out of here, please..!"

"You owe me a favor, then," he said, smiling to Zalia. This earned a glare from Alezander, but before he could say anything, Zavien tossed his mirror onto the ground, and it shattered. But, not in a normal way. The mirror fragments linked together, growing large, and liquid like. Zavien would step down, pulling Zalia with him. Alezander held onto her hand as well, at least, until a werewolf jumped him from behind, pulling him to the ground.

A wild wind whipped around the two, as they fell into a void, the entrance they had taken above them closing rapidly before the werewolf could follow them.

And soon, they would find themselves on the lawn of Alezander's estate.

Zalia looked at him for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, I do." She would follow down into the liquid, but the moment she felt Alezander let go of her hand, her eyes widened. "ALEZANDER!!" she screamed as she fell through the void without him. She breathed heavily for a few moments as they were on the lawn. "Z-Zavien! Alezander is still back there! We have to go back!! We have to save him!" She was panicking.

"We have to help him!! Please..! There has to be something!" She blinked for a moment and then looked down at her ring. "Th-the ring! Will it still work? Will it bring him here?!"

Zavien looked at the ring, and then to her. "It doesn't actually summon him," he said, shaking his head lightly, and then turning to face the mansion. "It just tells him where you are, and can amplify his abilites wen you are near. But, keep trying to call to him.... it might lead him back here." Though, Zavien thought that might be hard, since they were a very long distance from the city they had been in.

"In the meantime, I'm going to find his mirror, and see if we can get back." He looked back at Zalia, and noted her concerned look. "Don't worry, vampires can't die unless its by certain means. And werewolves are mostly too stupid to know those means."

He took her hand, and lead her toward the mansion.

She looked at Zavien and then nodded slightly. "...okay. I'll keep trying. She held onto his hand tightly as he led her. She was scared and upset. It was all her fault if he got hurt..or killed. Maybe the werewolves WERE that smart. She would follow him inside. "I think he keeps the mirror in his bedroom, doesn't he?" She kept focusing on the ring, calling him with her will. If Alezander got hurt, she would be crushed.

"Ah, right," he said, making his way upstairs, and traversing down the long hall. He pushed open the door to Alezander's room, and entered, looking for the mirror. And there it sat. But, it looked to be a normal mirror now, with no circling mists within it. Instead it had a large crack scaling diagonally across it.

"Well, I hadn't planned for that," he said, raising his hand to his chin.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus