Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

"You wanted the truth," he called out to her, as she made her way to her bedroom. "I'm not nice just to cover up my pain. I'm nice because it is who I am. I've never once judged you, on anything that happened between us. I opened up to you, telling you, and you say you feel betrayed? I gave you my darkest secret, one that I hate even myself for, and you still tell me that you feel betrayed? Have you ever been in love? True love? That doesn't just die over time. That's why she is here. The same goes for fear and hate. You still fear your father, you can't get over that so easily. I keep her here for that fact, and for the fact I'm trying to rid my mind of her." He threw his fist into the wall the moment she disappeared into her room.

He knew it was disgusting. He had said he had never judged her, but could he really expect her to do the same? Perhaps he had been hoping someone would tell him it was alright, he could recover from it. That they would help him. But the revolting fact by itself turned away someone he cared about. What else should he have expected?

He was so irate, at that moment, wanting to tear the house down, wanting to tear every memory from his sight, and his mind. This isn't want he wanted. If only Zalia had minded her own business, things could have stayed the same. He had grown fond of her, but, that feeling, too had turned against him. This was only proof, that history would repeat itself; that he could never open himself, his secrets, because it would leave him deserted in the end.

He dragged his hand through the wall as he walked back to his room, leaving long hole in the wall. He was only in his room for a moment, before he left it again, his coat over his shoulders as he dashed down the hall. This place wasn't a home. It stopped being a home the moment he had abandoned his family. And it would never be a home again. Why had he returned here? He threw the front door open, leaving the house in quick strides and disappeared into the night.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

((FFF. I never saw you posted. DX))

Zalia heard him. But she was just confused. She was scared, too. Would she end up like that girl? "Keeping her here isn't going to help you get over her." she said. She sniffled a bit, flinching when she heard him punch the wall. She didn't know what to say or do. They were both so emotional. It was so much for both of them. She heard the door shut and fear flashed through her. She was on her feet in a moment, racing towards the front door as fast as she could go. Big mistake. She took a tumble down the stairs, too hurried in her steps. She was in pain, but she still forced herself to her feet and to the door. She threw it open.

"ALEZANDER!!" She ran out into the darkness, looking around, trying to find him. "Alezander!!" She looked at the ring on her finger and gripped it. "Take me to him." she pleaded. "Please! Please take me to him!" She didn't know how it worked, didn't know what to say or if it even worked for her. "Please!!" She was sobbing. "Alezander!!" Alone. She was alone. What if he never came back? What if he left forever?

Pain throbbed in her body from her fall down the stairs and she fell to her knees. "I told you." The voice was like daggers in her heart. It wasn't coming from her mind. She turned quickly, finding her father standing there. Zalia knew right away she never should have left the mansion. But Alezander....no, it was no use. Alezander was gone, and he wouldn't come back. "Go away!" she said, her voice tight from crying. "He'll come back. I know he will." She wasn't so confident. "He stayed with me when you turned me into some horrible monster! We can get through this." But he hadn't run away then.

"Why don't you come home with me? There, you won't have to worry about your poor little heart being broken." Zalia looked at her father for a moment, then down at the ring. He wouldn't come. He was probably far away by now. Zalia weakly stood up. "If I go with you...you won't come here anymore, right?" Her father nodded.

Tears slid down her cheeks, but she tugged off the ring and set it down on the doorstep. "...Alezander...I guess I don't get my happily ever after..." She rubbed her streaming eyes. " 'cause it's not a happily ever after without you.." Her father took hold of her by the arm. She only wished she could have told him goodbye.

The wind began to drift around them with a little more force, and only the sound of the trees moving from its cool breath could be heard. That was, until a steady voice broke through the natural silence. "I would remove your hand from her. Lest you wish for me to do that for you." Alezander stood silently by the corner of the mansion, the shadows enveloping half of his body as he watched the scene before him.

"I made a promise," he said, lifting his hand slightly, to point at Zalia's father. "And I intend to keep that promise."

In truth, he had fled quite a ways from the mansion, before he had Zalia call him, connected by the ring. He had managed to slip into the shadows, pulled by the connection of the ring, before she had pulled it off her finger. "My problems are unimportant, as of now, while someone threatens my territory... and my friend."

"Overdramatic as usual," came another voice, but from the roof of the estate. Blonde hair swirled through the air, as Kai looked down to Zalia and her father. "Although, you did mention a vampire that needed to be put into his place. Seems I came at the right time."

Alezander stepped back, disappearing completely in the shadows. A moment later, he appeared beside Zalia, sliding her arm from her fathers grasp quickly, and pulling her behind him. Kai jumped to the ground on the other side of him, pulling out two guns and pointing it to the vampire. "I think I will enjoy this," she said, smirking.

"I wasn't an idiot. I knew you might make another attempt to take Zalia. I am surprised it was so soon, though. Good thing I sent my letter to Kai when I did," Alezander said, glaring at the man. It may have seemed odd, his sudden change in mood, but the emotion was still there. He wasn't about to let it control him though, not while this dire situation stood.

Zalia knew that voice anywhere. "Alezander?" She was in disbelief. He had come. Her father chuckled. "You intend to protect the very girl that betrayed you?" Even with Kai's appearance, he did not faulter in his cocky attitude. Zalia flinched at her father's words. "He's right, Alezander. I don't deserve your kindness anymore.." She gasped when she was whisked away from her father. Protected once again by Alezander. This only made her feel worse. She clutched the back of his shirt and started crying again. "Why?...stop, stop being kind to me. I don't deserve it. I'm no better than that girl, Alezander. You gave me two rules, just two, in exchange for all the kindness you've shown me. You trusted me with your secrets. I broke those rules and ruined your trust...you were right. I'm not the one betrayed. You were."

She felt horrible. She wanted to go with her father, she wanted to go be punished and be hurt, because she felt she deserved it. And her father knew this. "What are you going to do if she wants to come with me?" he asked with a smirk. "Alezander..." she whispered. "I'm not the princess. I'm the wicked stepsister..." Since he refused to let her be the monster. "I'm the worst..."

"Being kind, and lying to me... telling me that what I did was okay, would have been far worse than telling me the truth. I respect you for that. That will help me see what I am, and help me correct my mistakes, or, at least, move past them." He was being truthful. If she had said it was alright, that she was fine with what he had done, he would have kept doing it. Now, he wanted to stop it all, to change. And maybe he could.

"We both have to work on ourselves; but we can't do it alone, can we?" His eyes moved to her father again. "Please, continue with the confident demeanor. It will make it all the more rewarding when I bring you down."

Kai quickly fired two shots at Zalia's father, growing tired of waiting to start the fight. And besides, she didn't want Alezander to have the glory of the kill.

Zalia listened to his words. They...made her feel better. "...yes. We can't do it alone." She hugged him, burying her face in his back. They would stay together. She didn't have to leave, he wouldn't run away...things would be better.

Her father moved swiftly, dodging the two shots. "You're going to have to try harder than that." He smirked at his daughter. "Won't you awaken, little monster?" Like before, Zalia felt a throbbing in her body. Her grip on Alezander tightened. "A-A-Alezander..!" She started shaking, feeling that vampire blood boiling inside her. It was painful. She let go of him and pushed away, fangs sharpening and claws growing. Oh no. It was just like before.

Zalia struggled to keep control of herself. But it was so hard. Each pounding of her heart brought the desire to kill. Each labored breath filled her with wild intention. Her father snickered. Zalia panicked. "S-s-s-stop me!" Her body jerked a little, longing to dig her claws into Alezander's flesh.

Alezander glared at her father, and Kai mimicked him, moving to the side a bit. "The blood of a vampire doesn't always harbor the need to kill. What kind of trick are you playing at?" He couldn't very well drain Zalia again. That would leave both of them vulnerable as he did so. There had to be another way. "Zalia, can you shift into your Dolphin form? That may help the urge. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to try and kill him to stop it."

Kai looked to Alezander curiously, asking, "Dolphin form?" But she didn't find the need to wait for an answer, as she made a dash toward Zalia's father.

Zalia shook her head a little, her body shaking. "I need...water. O-o-otherwise it's suicide..." Her father smirked. "It does harbor the need to kill if I give it a little push. Like last time. Thanks to you though, there's hardly any of that push left, which is why she's doing so well in resisting."

Zalia had an idea. Her desire was any flesh. Not just Alezander's. As her father prepared to dodge Kai's attack, Zalia ran for him as well. He seemed disappointed, however. "She's getting smarter. That's not fun." He smirked. "But at least she's embracing the desire to kill." He summoned shadows from the ground, twisting and writhing around him, enveloping him in a cucoon before Kai and Zalia could get to him. Zalia tumbled to a stop, falling again. She suddenly felt fine. Well, not fine. In a heck of a lot of pain from her fall down the stairs. But it was just a moment until the cucoon vanished.

Her father was gone.

"Damn," was the first thing said, after he disappeared. And it was said by Kai. She lolled her head back, closing her eyes and sighing. She put her guns back in their holsters and looked over to the other two. By that time, Alezander had moved to Zalia's side.

"Are you okay?" he asked, kneeling beside her. He had been quite surprised when she had lunged at her own father. That was a big step for her. Fighting back against him. He smiled to himself, placing his hand lightly on her back.

Kai let out another sigh, saying, "Do I need to leave you two alone? I don't want to be caught in anymore drama." Alezander merely chuckled at the comment.

Zalia nodded a little. "Yeah.." Wait..."No. No. I uhm...I fell down the stairs earlier....and it really hurts..." Why did she fall down the stairs, exactly? "I was running after you too fast.." Scared that he would leave forever and she'd never see him again. Despite her pain, she moved to hug him. "I'm sorry...." Yes, she would be saying that for a while now. She felt like she didn't even deserve to say it to him.

"We should go inside..." She ignored Kai, more or less. The woman didn't say anything she felt like she needed to respond to.

"Let's get that taken care of," he said, slipping his arms underneath her and pulling her close to him as he began to carry her back to the house. He was careful with her, and his steps light, making no sound.

Kai placed her hand on her hip and watched the two. She gave a sort of 'huff' sound and turned toward the town. She would stay close by. She had Zalia's father's scent in her memory now. And the moment she smelled it, she would come straight for him. It had been too long since she had had a good fight.

Alezander quickly made his way up to Zalia's room, ignoring the hole that he had made in the wall by her door, and set her on the bed. He left, but quickly returned with bandages and such to care for any of Zalia's injuries. "Where does it hurt?" he asked in his smooth voice.

((Sorry I've been gone so long. I have a lot of stuff happening at the moment. I'll post as often as I can.))

((It's okay, I understand :) ))

Zalia let him carry her away, leaning against him. She rested in her bed when he set her there, trying to wrap her mind around everything that had happened. When he came back, Zalia took hold of his hand. "Alezander...please don't leave me.." She had been so scared that she would never see him again. After a few moments, she quietly explained to him what parts of her body hurt from her fall.

With each bit of kindness he gave, she felt she didn't deserve it at all. But she was happy they would still be in each other's company for a while longer. She was certainly thankful for that.

Alezander smiled to her when she took his hand, asking him not to leave. "I didn't leave when I found out you were half blooded; I didn't leave when I found out about your dolphin trait; and I didn't leave you when you were turned to a beast by your father for the first time. I won't leave you now. It seems we are going through many trials in this short period of time. I plan of conquering all of them." He began cleaning and wrapping where she pointed to that was hurt.

"Will you stay, and try to over come what is before us?" he asked, looking at her when he finished aiding her.

Zalia answered without hesitance. "Yes." She looked at him for a long few moments. "I plan on overcoming them too." She smiled gently. "We can do it. I believe we can." Their issue, first and foremost, did not seem to be her father. But rather, the dead(?) woman in that white room. "Alezander...I'm sorry. If it wasn't for my disobedience, none of this would have happened. I'm sorry." She leaned over suddenly to rest against him.

"Please forgive me."

"Maybe it was for the best, that you did disobey," he said, resting his hand on her shoulder. "Maybe this is what I needed to help me push past this... to help me move on. Maybe I just needed someone to tell me it was all wrong." He looked at the floor for a long moment, thinking. This would be hard for him, but if Zalia was willing to support him, it would make this tolerable.

"Where is Shadow?" he asked, wondering if Zalia had planned on taking him with her. Or perhaps he was still in his bed.

Zalia nodded slightly in understanding and gave him a small, somewhat concerned smile. "It is wrong...but I'm still here, aren't I? I'm still here for you." She thought for a moment at his question, growing concerned even more. Where was the small rabbit? "I'm not sure.." She got up and went to his bed, looking there to see if he was still asleep. No such luck. He was gone.

"Where's Shadow?" The girl was immediately frightened that he had gotten out, or gotten lost in the house, or had gotten stuck somewhere! She raced and stumbled about the house, searching every place she could think of. That rabbit was precious and special. Not only was the poor thing abandoned, like her, but it had been a gift from Alezander, to help her relax and enjoy her time and not worry about being alone.

"I can't find him!!" The rabbit was nowhere to be seen, and Zalia was practically in tears.

"Calm down," he said, putting his hand lightly on top of her head to try and calm her down as he gave a reassuring smile. "He has to be around somewhere. Let's just take our time to look. I'll head outside to see if he somehow got out the door during all the commotion." He turned to head toward the front door, but stopped suddenly, turning back to Zalia. "Oh, and don't forget to put this back on."

He gently took Zalia's hand and placed the ring he had given her into it. He had managed to pick it up after things had settled down. He leaned down, giving a small kiss on top of her hand, then turned to leave the house to look for the rabbit.

Zalia tried to take a few breaths to talk herself. She was so worried about the poor little rabbit. He was so young, he couldn't possibly fend for himself yet! "Okay.." She looked at him for a moment as he put the ring back on her hand, blushing as he kissed her hand. "Right. Thank you." She might need it, after all. Trouble had a way of finding her, and she would wish for his presence right away.

Zalia searched the house while he looked around outside. She could not find the bunny in any of the rooms, but had yet to check both forbidden rooms. She wondered if Alezander would still get mad at her if she looked in the rooms. She had been in both once already. If she just went in to look and didn't touch anything, it would be okay, right?

She went to Alezander's bedroom first. She hesitated at the door, and then slowly opened the door. What she saw made her gasp. The room was utterly destroyed. She had heard the noises after their argument, but had no clue what had happened. Now, those noises made sense. She stayed in the doorway, looking with her eyes, not daring to step into the room that was so completely a mess. She had a guilty feeling in the pit of her stomach, that this ruin was all her fault. If she had only just been there for him.

She saw no movement in the room, even after softly calling out the rabbit's name. So she stepped back and closed the door.

Alezander scaled the area about the house, looking into the bushes and and flowers, but seeing no sign of the rabbit. He stood up, looking around toward the town. It was quiet, and it seemed that no one had heard the commotion that had happened not but nearly a half hour ago. He shook his head, dusting himself off and heading back toward the house.

Inside though, with Zalia alone, the door to the white room slowly opened, as if a very small breeze had been pushing it. "Zalia..." came a quiet, almost innocent sounding voice on the air. Though it sounded like it lacked a body itself..

Zalia heard the door, heard the voice and was frozen stiff with fear. She glanced at it. "H...hello?" Her finger rubbed against the ring she wore, but she didn't call on Alezander just yet. "Who's there? Who are you? How do you know my name?" She moved closer to the door, just a step or so. Scared, but too curious to stay still.

"What...what do you want with me?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus