Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

He was still surprised when she hugged him, not quite knowing what to think. It was one thing to give them out, but to recieve them made him feel somewhat awkward. At least for him that was the feeling. He pat her back gently as he hugged her back, saying, "It's not a problem at all. Anything to make you happy. And you know, if you need or want anything, just let me know. And I will do my best to get it for you."

He pulled away after a moment, clearing his throat a bit. "I think he will be quite happy with you."
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia would step back after the hug, knowing that she made him awkward. But she just couldn't help it, she was so happy she had to hug him! "Thanks. Yeah, I think he will. It's better than being alone, that's for sure."

She looked back up at Alezander. "Weren't you going to go feed, before...well, all this, happened? You should go do that." She ran her tongue along her teeth, finding them a bit sharp. She needed to feed too. He had drank her blood, and now she needed the sustenance again. "I have to go out too." She frowned a little in thought. It was too soon. The townspeople could notice.

"Ah, I was..." he said, feeling somewhat sated in hunger due to the human half of Zalia's blood. He had taken quite a bit from her, and no longer felt the hunger. But she was. And if she went out now, she might get caught. There hadn't been a case of vampires in this town for a long time, but he knew what they would do to her.

"Why don't I let you have some of mine? My hunger is lacking, so I think I could hand you over some without becoming violent over it. You can follow me to the kitchen and I'll run down to the cellar to get you some." He still didn't want her in the cellar. Her getting a bit of blood would make it difficult enough for him to control his demon, and he didn't want to think what would happen if she was around it all.

Zalia listened to him. "A-are you sure? Are you sure that's okay?" She didn't want things to get nasty. "Uhm...okay." she said quietly. She went downstairs with Alezander, leaving Shadow to sleep in his basket. She would stand there and wait in the kitchen, staying still.

She was still a bit concerned. But the fact that he was doing this for her was touching.

He quickly descended into the cellar, taking a jar off the self and holding it lightly in his hand. Already, his body was trying to resist, knowing what he was about to do. He moved, slowly, toward the stairs, taking one step after another. He pushed open the door, and when he looked to Zalia, he bared a fang unwillingly. He shook his head, and gently placed the jar on the counter near her.

He shook a bit, resisting another urge before moving away from her and out of the kitchen, saying, "Take what you need, let me know when you are done. And the quicker, the better."

Zalia shrunk back when he bared a fang at her, keeping the counter of the kitchen between them. "Okay." she said quietly. The moment he left the kitchen she would rush over and open the jar, drinking what she needed. She soon closed the jar, wiped her mouth and left the room. "A-Alezander? I'm done.." She kept clear of the kitchen, hoping to avoid any more hostility. She knew it wasn't his fault. It was still scary, though."T-thank you.." She felt much better already.

There was a heavy, odd feeling in his stomach, and it seemed to ease a bit when she left the kitchen. "Feel better? I'm glad I could help, especially when the only other option was to risk getting caught." His hand wanted to reach out and grab her, but he resisted, making his way back into the kitchen, and returning the crimson liquid to the cellar. He soon returned, feeling much more at ease now. He began to wonder what time of night it was... with all that had happened, he had lost track of time.

He made his way to the window, pulling it back just a little, before quickly pulling away. He held out his finger, which was slightly smoking. "Seems the sun has already risen. What a busy night we've had."

The half-blood nodded at his question and watched as he left. She stood right where she was and when he returned, she was going to say something but he went to the window and...singed his finger. The girl squeaked when he pulled his finger back and she rushed over to him. "A-a-are you okay?? You could have just asked me to go out and check it..."

She sighed. "Yeah...I'm tired." Things had been hectic indeed. She smiled a little at him. "See you later?"

He smiled at her, placing his hand gently on her shoulder. "It's only a slight burn. It will heal and I will be fine." He found it somewhat adorable that she was so worried over something he thought so small.

"Indeed," he continued, making his way toward the stairs. "You definitely need some rest. And I could use it as well. Sweet dreams, Zalia. See you when the sun sets." And with that said, he disappeared upstairs and into his room.

Zalia smiled in relief. "Okay. Good." She nodded a little and would go upstairs to her bedroom. She would check on Shadow, and then get changed into her PJs and go to bed. She slept longer than intended, getting up just a bit before sunset. She would get something to eat, then shower and get dressed, and then sit in the study and look at the photo album until Alezander awoke.

Alezander slept for quite a while. Or one would pressume so, seeing as he didn't leave his room until a little after the sun set. He left his room, checking in Zalia's to see if she was there, but knew she was in the study when he didn't see her. He stepped lightly, taking his time going down the stairs in through the hallway to the room.

When he enetered, he saw her looking through the photo album again. "Does that old thing really interest you so?" he asked, an amused smile on his face as he made his way to the fireplace to rekindle the flames.

Zalia looked up from the photo album. She hadn't thought much about the time, so she didn't notice that he was a bit late in waking. When he questioned her about the album, she chuckled and blushed a little. "I like looking through it. I feel like I'm learning more about you that way." She still didn't know a lot about him. But she felt that, upon asking, he wouldn't really want to talk about it. So she was left to put together the pieces he'd already told her here and there.

"How are you, Alezander?"

Alezander merely grinned to her first statement, before pulling away from the reborn flames. He sat in his chair and looked over to her, thoughts crossing his mind for a brief moment.

"I'm well, thank you for asking. How about yourself? And how is the little one in your room? I hope you both slept well." He closed his eyes for a moment, as if he were trying to enjoy the warmth the fire might give him. "I should be recieving a package tonight, though I am not exact on the time. It will have food for Shadow, that way you can get him back to health."

Zalia heard his question and smiled a little. "Yeah. We're both fine. I think Shadow's still sleeping, but I'm gonna go check on him soon." She smiled when she heard that a package would have food for him. "That's good. Thanks." She was quiet for a moment, then closed the book and got up. "Actually, I should check on him now. I'll be right back."

She went upstairs, and soon came down with the little bunny curled up in her arms. She sat down, placed a pillow in her lap and carefully put the bunny down upon it. Little Shadow stayed where he was, nose and whiskers twitching about. "He's still pretty nervous about his surroundings."

"He looks like he is growing very content with his new home," Alezander said. He went quiet for a long moment, his eyes turning to the flames and staring into them. His thoughts were roaming. Eventually, he looked back to Zalia.

"I recieved some news today, from my correspondent. It isn't good news. We must be careful going into town, especially when you need to feed. It seems they found the body you left behind. It had been several decades since the last vampire attack, but it seems the old ways of vampire hunting aren't lost to the people here."

Zalia flinched when she heard the news. "I'm sorry." she said quietly. Shadow nudged his nose against her hand and she started petting him again, looked down with shame. She'd been careless. But at least she wouldn't need to feed for a while now, thanks to him.

Still, he certainly couldn't continue to provide her with blood. It was obvious that his vampire nature abhorred such a thing.

"Nothing you could have prevented," he said. "Even if you had hid the body well, they would have noticed the absence, and would have suspected. That is the human nature. They expect the supernatural." He closed his eyes. "If need be, I can find a way to get you your own. You will need to find a place to store it, though." He raised his eyes to her, smiling once again. "But we will deal with that when the time comes."

Zalia wondered just what was going on. Something nagged at her mind. Something wasn't right. "...do you think my dad put that body out?" she asked. "Do you think he made it so they would suspect something?" She frowned a little and tried to think.

at his words of the blood, she nodded. That would be dealt with later. For now, they had a big enough problem on their hands.

"He... may have," Alezander said, but not completely sure on it. "But there are so many other things that may have done so. Like wild dogs, or something of the such. For him to move it himself is a huge risk. If he was caught with it, he would give himself away. And there isn't a guarentee that they would link it to anyone in this town. They might look us over completely. I'm not even sure if they know you are here."

He took a deep breath, after those long words, and was silent for a moment. His eyes moved to the ceiling, when he heard a very faint bell sound. "Ah, that would be my package," he said, standing slowly. "Would you like to see where I receive such items?"

Zalia listened to him and nodded a little. When he suggested for her to see where he received packages, she nodded. That bell sound was odd, and why did he look at the ceiling? She stood up as well and followed him, curiousity always getting the best of her. Besides, it was a time for her to learn more about Alezander. She would pounce at any opportunity to do such a thing.

"Do you have some sort of secret postal service or something?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus