Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

"I want you... to help me..." it said, fading in and out as the words drifted. Now the door was wide open, and the scent of Vanilla began to fill the air. "You and I both... want me to leave... I want to be free... You want... Zander free." There was an eerie glow emitting through the door, though very, very faint. It was obvious the voice was female, and one could very quickly assume that it belong to the inhabitant on the room, on the bed.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

"What do you mean? How can he be free?" She carefully ventured towards the door. She didn't want to get in deep here. She opened her mouth, ready to call Alezander's name, but stopped. If this woman was stirring...somehow almost awakening...would he go back to her? He kept her dead body, after all.

She didn't want to lose Alezander. If this woman had a chance at life though, Alezander would probably take her and leave Zalia alone. Her mouth closed. She couldn't call his name.

"You know all about... control. Your father still controls you... but out of fear. Alezander is mine, through... a bond of the mind. I hate to... see him suffer so... but I can't break it... until I return to my body." The girl lay silently, her eyes still closed, and her lips not even moving. The voice wasn't even coming from her body, but seemingly from around her.

"There is an object... in the study. It belonged to his father... it is a stone. A ruby stone... Bring it to me, and... I may revive... and break the bond. Then you and him... can be together... his heart will... be free."

Zalia wasn't so sure about this. A stone that belonged to his father? She shouldn't take that. And what would happen when the woman had her body back? She was a vampire. She had hurt Alezander and ruined his life. Anger swelled in her at these thoughts. "No."

She was standing in the room now, but she stood firm in her sudden decision. "You hurt him. You don't care about him at all. You deserve to be like this! You deserve to not be connected to your body. You two may have a bond, you may control him, but I'll break that control. Alezander...he is breaking my fear. So I can break his. I don't need you, and he surely doesn't need you. Stay away from him."

There was a quiet laugh, but it was eerie... very eerie. "Silly girl... Fear is far easier... to break than the bond we have. Besides, I have no... reason to want Zander anymore. He is the one that persued me... I am the one that... left. Why would I want... to stay now? But if that is... your decision... then you will never have him. I will continue to play with his... heart... like a puppet on... strings." The voice may have still sounded sweet and innocent, but it was far more obvious that everything about the girl was full of malice and uncaring.

((The net stole my post TT-TT))

Zalia frowned. "Leave him alone!! Don't touch him, don't go near him! Just leave him alone!" She thought for a moment, just a mere moment, then raced down to the study. She searched for the stone, but who knew if she would find it? "Alezander." she whispered, calling on the power of the ring to bring him to her.

She could not do this alone. She needed to let him know what was going on. She feared making the wrong decision.

Alezander had already entered the house when Zalia called to him. He slipped into the shadows and appeared by her side in the study. "What's wrong?" he asked, looking around as if he were ready to fight. But when he saw no sign of anyone, he relaxed a bit. He gave a sigh of relief and rested his hand on Zalia's shoulder.

"What did you call me for?" he asked, more curious than anything.

Zalia swallowed. "A ruby stone...given to you by your father. That girl in the bedroom says if I give her that, she'll be connected with her body and the bond between you two will be broken. She was talking to me. Not physically, but I heard her voice."

She looked at him. "I don't want her to have hold of you anymore. I can't stand her playing with your heart." She looked down then. "But I could not do this without telling you. And I also cannot do it because I do not know where the stone is..."

Alezander looked at her, not quick to pick up on what she was saying. Slowly though, he understood. And it was almost unbelievable. "What do you mean she was talking to you? She's dead." But even as he said that, the thought of why her body didn't decay lingered on his mind. What was it that was keeping it so... fresh?

He also had to think a moment on the stone, almost having forgotten about it completely. "This doesn't make sense at all. I'm positive I killed her. How is this even possible?" Perhaps Zalia was still in shock about the whole thing, and was imagining it all. That made more sense than anything at the moment.

Besides, he didn't even want to think about Maria awaking ever. That would be a lot for him. And he didn't know what he would do, say, or anything.

Zalia knew he didn't believe her. "I'm not imagining it!" she protested, knowing he probably thought she was insane or delusional. "She said she wants to be free and I want you to be free, and to do that she needs me to help her."

She looked at him with a look that bordered on despair. "Please. I'm telling the truth. I don't know what to do."

"Alright, I believe you," he said, shaking his head a bit. It was still hard to grasp, but she had little reason to be making any of this up. But he wondered why this stone would be able to help them? As far as he knew, it didn't hold any magical properties. And even if it did, was it really something they should be doing? Resurrecting the 'dead' girl?

"We don't know what might happen, if we do this. But I promise that I will stay here for you," he said. He recalled Zalia mentioning a bond that was between him and Maria. He didn't quite understand that either. He began walking around the room, trying to recall where he had placed the stone. After a moment, he moved toward a small bookshelf and moved somethings around. He pulled out a small red stone, and held it out to Zalia. "I suppose this is what you are looking for?"

Zalia didn't know whether they should do it either. She didn't know what would happen. But she watched him, nodding when he held out the stone. "Yes, I believe so." She took it. His promise had not done much to ease her fear of losing him.

She hugged him suddenly, and then turned and rushed upstairs. She went to the room. "I have it. But why should I give it to you?" She frowned a little. "If this does revive you, you must promise to leave as soon as you can. Leave and don't ever think about coming back, hurting Alezander or doing anything that involves him."

She didn't trust the woman. For obvious reasons.

"Yes, yes, of course," came the voice again. "Like I said... there is no need for him. At least... not to me." There was a little bit of child-like laughter.

Alezander had followed Zalia, but slowly. He was still making his way up the stairs by this point, almost as if he were afraid to see what might happen.

The voice spoke again. "Place the stone... on my body. Place it over my heart... Then I will revive... and leave everything here." {/i]

Zalia was hesitant. But she did as she was told. She stepped over and placed the stone over her heart. She hoped she was making the right choice. She just wanted Alezander's freedom. She wanted him to stop being tormented by the woman who had been so terrible to him.

She let go of the stone and stepped back, scared of what she might have just done.

After several long moments, the flesh of the girl's body that touched the stone, seemed to meld around it, pulling it into the body. Soon it was just a lump under the skin, but seemed to absorb slowly until it was completely normal looking. It was then, that a wisp of air inhaled into the body, and the girl slowly opened her eyes. They started out a crimson red, before fading back to a natural blue color. She sat up slowly, the lacey folds of her dress falling around her and her light brown hair resting on her shoulders in long strands.

She looked to Zalia after a moment, seeming to study her. Then, a smirk slowly grew on her face, turning into a cruel grin. "Thank you, Zalia. You've been a big help." There was a cry from Alezander in the hallway, as he fell to the ground, clutching his chest. There was a girlish giggle from Maria, as she stood, her white dress sliding along the ground as she walked.

"Do you know why people hate half bloods? It's not just the mixture of two opposing natures... When a half-blood is converted to a full vampire by a pure blood, they gain overwhelming powers. They call us, Unwanted. Anyone they convert is forever under their control." She looked herself over in the mirror beside her, and grinned, seeming to like what she saw. "Alezander was my first convertant. And I don't want to give him up so easily.

"What you gave me, was an essence of his blood, the small portion I needed to control him. His father knew what I was, and managed to take that part out of Zander. But he didn't count of love to bring poor Zander back to me." It seemed she was more than willing to explain what had happened. Perhaps it was because she was so confident that nothing could stop her. "When he killed me... or should I say, tried to kill me, I seperated from my body, exisiting in limbo for the longest time. I knew my body wouldn't decay though, another trait of an Unwanted like me. I just had to sit in wait. Normally I would have been able to control Zander, but again... I had lost that ability.

"But what luck... you came along. And all I had to do was wait while charming Zander made you fall in love with him... or at least, close enough to it." She laughed again, now standing in front of Zalia. "I just had to wait, until you were faithful enough to him... to want to save his life, to break the bond between us. And as for that promise I made to you? Well... let that be a lesson for your naivity."

Zalia felt her face drain of all color. The cry from Zander made her turn, but as Maria spoke she looked back to the woman. "Stop hurting him.." she whimpered. "S-stop...STOP HURTING HIM!!" She lunged at the woman, her vampiric traits dominating in her desire to save and protect Alezander. Her claws went right for her chest, where the stone had been absorbed.

"Give him back to me!!" She wanted to turn back time. To stop herself from being so stupid. She didn't know how she was going to stop Maria. But she would be damned if she didn't at least try to rip that stone right out of her chest.

Maria was surprised, but that didn't stop her from laughing at the attempt. "Now, now... You should no better than that. Zander doesn't like it when you hurt me." Alezander was behind Zalia now, wrapping his arms around Zalia and pulled her off Maria with great force. The great about of blood that Zalia had spilled for Maria's flesh slowly stopped gushing as the wounds healed up. "You're a half-blood too, no? Why not find someone to turn you full, and then control your own puppet?"

She gave a cruel laugh, truly enjoying torturing the both of them. She knew her words were tearing into Zalia.

Zalia squirmed about. "Alezander, stop! Let go!" She yanked away from him and ran for Maria again, jamming her hand into the same spot. "I'm not sick and twisted like you are! Let him go!! Let Alezander go!" Her claws ripped and tore at the woman. It had to be there, the stone had to be there somewhere.

"He kept your body! He could have dumped you away but he kept your body! How could you repay him like this?" She was starting to feel too angry. She didn't want to talk anymore, she wanted to rip Maria limb from limb.

Maria laughed as Zalia tore away at her chest. "Do you really want him that badly? Fine, you can borrow him. But if I ever need him, I'm taking him back." Maria raised her hand to Zalia, throwing her away toward the bed. "You better take good care of him now..." She giggled and leapt toward the door, fading out the moment she hit the shadows.

Alezander took a moment but blinked and shook his head. "What the hell...?" he asked. He remembered everything that happened, but felt odd the moment he could regain control of his mind. "I couldn't stop myself. No matter how hard I tried." He had heard everything she had said, and almost couldn't believe it.

Zalia hit the bed, and was about to race after her when she just disappeared. And just like that, Zalia's vampire blood lessened. She sat there for a moment, then hid her face in her hands and started sobbing.

She never should have done it. Alezander had warned her, but she had been so selfish. She had wanted Alezander to be free, she had wanted Alezander for herself. It was all her fault. She rushed out of the room and to her bedroom, falling onto her bed and crying into the pillow. A furry creature curled up against her shoulder. "Stupid Shadow.." she whimpered. "Why did you have to go missing?.."

Now everything was ruined yet again. And this time, things wouldn't fix so easily.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus