Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Warrior Chat

Dragonfire Moderator

:D Hope it didn't land on your foot.
I got 'em this time! :3
Dragonfire Moderator

Five minutes 'til the next wave.
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a grenade come hurtling from the clouds! You leap and catch it before it hits the ground. It looks like the pin hasn't been pulled. Cool! You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Dragonfire and Doubutt"

Received with lots of thanks! and ready for the next round
Hey folks, I don't know if anyone's working on a guide for this year yet, but here's last year's.

Guide to weapons and alien enemies

Please try to keep repairing your ray guns! We don't get many of them, but they are one of our best weapons! Other weapons can be repaired this way, too. :)

Weapons

Fists - Infinitely usable, but only deals straight 1d4 damage and may be resisted by any enemy.

Energy Sword - Appears to be ideal against green enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Increased accuracy and dodging. Can come in different colors (wait until your sword has 1 use left before applying crystal for best effect!).
Stats
Damage type: Piercing
Attack bonus: 3
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 2
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 4

Alien Honor Blade - Appears to be ideal against pink enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Appears to sometimes deal a couple points extra damage via insult to honor.
Stats
Damage type: Slashing
Attack bonus: 5
Damage Dice: 2d8
Damage Bonus: 3
Crit Threshold: 20
Crit Multiplier: 3

Ray Gun - Appears to be ideal against purple enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage.
Hardest-hitting multi-use weapon.
Stats
Damage type: Energy
Damage Dice: 3d8
Damage Bonus: 4
Crit Threshold: 19

Noble Rapier - Appears to be ideal against green enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage. Increased accuracy.
Stats
Damage type: Piercing
Damage Dice: 1d8
Damage Bonus: 2
Crit Threshold: 18
Crit Multiplier: 2
AC Bonus: 4

Wicked Battle Axe - Appears to be ideal against pink enemies. Other enemies take reduced damage.
Stats
Damage type: Slashing
Damage Dice: 2d8
Damage Bonus: 3

Pineapple Grenade - One-use high-damage item. Equally useful against all enemies.
Stats
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 6d8
Damage Bonus: 5

Rocket Launcher - One-use high-damage item. Equally useful against all enemies.
Stats
Damage type: All
Attack bonus: 10
Damage Dice: 8d10
Damage Bonus: 5
Crit Threshold: 19

Healing/Protection

Party Hat of Healing - Heals 5-15 health.

Super Party Hat of Healing - Heals half your total health.

Stimspray - Recovery from blight and poison. May sometimes be received when turning in scrap.

Medicinal Plant - Recovery from blight and poison.

Walrus - Not a usable item. An owned walrus may randomly absorb some of the damage meant for you.

Status Effects

Poison - Reduces accuracy, making it harder to hit enemies and more likely you'll destroy scrap for the ships.

Blight - Prevents normal healing users get every 5 minutes.

To remove these, use a stimspray or a medicinal herb.

Enemies

Most enemies require multiple people to kill it. All enemies except boss types will fully heal every 5 minutes (so don't start attacking one if there's just a minute or two left!). New enemies spawn at the top of every hour, and whenever a node is correctly answered.

Larval Alien Green. 25 HP. Weak to energy sword and rapier.
Stats
AC: 10
Attack bonus: 0
Damage: 1d4

Jumping Larval Alien - Pink. 75 HP. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
AC: 11
Attack bonus: 1
Damage: 1d6
Crit Range: 20

Levitating Larval Alien - Purple. 100 HP. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
Attack bonus: 2
Damage: 1d8

"Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Green. 125 HP. Poisons. Weak to energy sword and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 1d6

Fiendish "Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Pink. 250 HP. Poisons. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
AC: 12
Damage: 1d8

Acidic "Noisy Cricket" Xenobeast - Purple. 375 HP. Poisons. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
AC: 13
Damage: 1d10
Crit Range: 19

Basilisk Xenobeast - Green. 75 HP. Weak to energy blade and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 2d6

Frenzied Basilisk Xenobeast - Pink. 150 HP. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
Damage: 2d8

Toxic Basilisk Xenobeast - Purple. 225 HP. Weak to ray gun.
Stats
Damage: 2d10
Crit Range: 18

Hulking Xenobeast - Green. 200 HP. Weak to energy blade and rapier.
Stats
Damage: 2d6

Heavy Hulking Xenobeast - Pink. 400 HP. Blight. Weak to honor blade and axe.
Stats
Damage: 2d8

Brutal Hulking Xenobeast - Purple. 600 HP. Status effects? Highly resistant to all blades; use ray guns, grenades, and rocket launchers only.
Stats
Damage: 2d10

The Sarpedon - Green. 12000 HP. Poisons. Boss type; does not recover like other enemies, does not appear to have any specific resistances/weaknesses. Ray gun still recommended.
Stats
Attack bonus: 4
Damage: 4d6

The Triarii - Pink. 8000 HP. Blights. Poisons? Boss type; does not recover, no specific weaknesses/resistances.
Stats
AC: 15
Damage: 4d8
Crit Range: 17

Imperial Xenobeast - Purple. 32000 HP (appeared as 16000 initially due to a glitch). Blights and poisons. Boss type; does not recover, no specific weaknesses/resistances. Ray guns still recommended. May or may not be the final boss.
Stats
AC: 16
Damage: 4d8 5d8 3d8

It would probably be more helpful if someone could find the older threads detailing how goblin enemies differed - like what weapons work best against which enemies (usually color-coded) and what various things enemies do. In the meantime, maybe last year's stuff can still help figuring out this year.

And aside: it's looking like the flintlock pistol is being treated as a replacement for ray guns, much as axes and rapiers were kinda replaced last year by energy swords and honor blades.
Dragonfire Moderator

The colour-coding system so far appears to be the same as previous years; green goblins are affected best by swords, red ones by axes/honour blades, and blue ones by guns/pistols.

Grenades (and assumedly cannons) explode pretty much everything. :P
rat

Some battle data for flintlock:

Roll for initiative! rat rolled 1d20 and got 11. After the modifier of +1, got 12.
Fiendish Wolf Rider rolled 1d20 and got 2. After the modifier of +2, got 4
rat goes first.
rat rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11. After the modifier of +5, got 16
rat shoots Fiendish Wolf Rider in the chest with a flintlock pistol.
rat rolled 3d8 and got a natural 20. After the modifier of +4, got 24
rat does 24 damage to Fiendish Wolf Rider, but it shrugs off 5 damage as if it never happened.
Fiendish Wolf Rider rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7. After the modifier of +2, got 9
Fiendish Wolf Rider's mount snaps at rat's ankles, just barely missing.

So it does seem to be the same as the ray gun?
I am so bad at this XD
I really need a weapon. ^^'
Or, i should fight using only my fists. 0o0
This is my first epic week and have a few questions-
how do you recover lost HP, first of all, and how do you get weapons?
I'd advise people check out The Epic Armory. ;)
Gab

Whoop, Epic Week is here! I should probably get to collecting stuff soon. I just didn't have too much time due to school XD
I found a weapon, because it "fell out of the sky" with a note from a user. Does this mean someone got it for me?
Novalyyn wrote:
I'd advise people check out The Epic Armory. ;)
Thanks!
Haven't gotten a chance to fight yet because of work *sadface* I'm literally gonna watch the clock so I can be on time for the next wave of goblins...
Same here, Orrik. But mine is because I fell asleep. HAHA.
HibariHaru013 wrote:
Same here, Orrik. But mine is because I fell asleep. HAHA.

...I need to sleep...I'm sure I look like a friggin raccoon with the dark circles under my eyes...

Anyways <g> TWO MORE MINUTES!!
*waits with battle ax ready*
I'm a bit confused.

Kim's first post says that there is a new round every 5 minutes. But the page where the goblins show up say a new wave starts at the top of every hour. So...which is it really or am I missing something?

Also, do the goblins stop appearing after a certain amount of time of day? I have a timer to go off right at the turn of the hour and at both 7pm and 8pm (my time)....nothing appeared. I refreshed a few times and yeah :/
Nativity wrote:
I'm a bit confused.

Kim's first post says that there is a new round every 5 minutes. But the page where the goblins show up say a new wave starts at the top of every hour. So...which is it really or am I missing something?

Also, do the goblins stop appearing after a certain amount of time of day? I have a timer to go off right at the turn of the hour and at both 7pm and 8pm (my time)....nothing appeared. I refreshed a few times and yeah :/

o~o ...yeah, I missed previous rounds so I'm waiting for this one but...nothing yet?

...and I'm not sure but the mods seem...kinda quiet/hidden??

*Is worried*

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Warrior Chat

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus