Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Your first character

Darth_Angelus Moderator

I just created profiles for two characters that I made up as a kid while playing a space trading game. There was no plot, you just fly about, make money, do missions etc but it's all up to the player's imagination. So I imagined all sorts of fun stuff, most of which I can't remember now. Then the sequel came out, so I gave the first character a son.

So I was wondering, does anyone else have any early memories of roleplaying or just creating characters they'd like to share?
My first character on Furcadia was one of two people. I honestly can't remember who came first.

Opal Koboi. Name taken from the notorious pixie antagonist in Artemis Fowl. She was a fairy, actually, with purple hair and pretty wings and normal skin.

Anzu Gardner. Name is a combination of the name of Tea Gardner, Anzu is Tea's name in the manga of Yu-Gi-Oh! At first I was just being her, canon, but after some time I changed her and just kept most of the looks and made her a mutant pyro.

those are the first RP characters I remember.
My first rp character ever was on Neopets. He was an elf that was constantly teleported by his angry half-brother into the middle of the taverns that everyone started their rps in. As most roleplays never left the tavern, he was normally a rather sociable guy who hadn't seen much outside of 'elfland'. I think I was eleven or so when I made him.

My first rp character on Furcadia was Julep Dee. She was a rose Hamadryad created by a lonely old mage and had a very unhappy and horrible past. One of my current characters, Tathar Maksa, was heavily influenced by that character, because while I did not enjoy the way I played Julep then, I saw interesting elements to pull away and use again. I think I made Julep when I was about 13 or 14. =)
TwistedEmotions

The first realcharacter I came up with was probably Okami. I know, original name, but that's what you get when you're in Middle School. She was a white winged wolf with black markings and saber teeth. I originally roleplayed her as some sort of storm spirit that could manipulate the weather, but she kind of evolved into a messenger for the gods, since she could fly up to their palace in the sky and whatnot. I usually just roleplayed with her on MSN with some friends, but eh. I didn't develop any serious characters until maybe 2005, which was High School. Some of my oldest characters are from that time period, like my werewolf Nero. I love her to bits. <3
My first real RP character was at a horse/fantasy horse game. She was a black Unipeg named Darkstar, with a copper-colored mane and tail, silver hooves, a golden horn, and... crystal eyes, I think? I was twelve, okay. XD;;

She acquired a mate within two posts, and a foal within three, and she was fun to play until the owner of the "territory" in the game turned it over to her and left, and then I panicked and flailed and dropped the character. But I had 39 others by then. (I've learned some moderation since--my per-game limit is now 20. >_>)
Yuka

My first RP character was a vampire inspired by those from Van Helsing. I didn't like the idea of vampires being dainty, beautiful blood-suckers even then. Probably if I remade her now, I'd go with a "Subsider" like in Daybreakers.

My first serious character however, was Pulchra.
My first was a primarily ice elemental named Majere Phantom on Furcadia. He had a secondary element of wind and I used him to destroy an entire kingdom called Lunar Kingdom. He destroyed it from the inside as he was a guard there. Not too long after that feat I retired him as I began to come up with better character ideas.
SeraphicStar

I believe there was some kind of Paladin Ranger at some point. I don't remember, but you can bet it was so Sue it hurt.

First one I remember was Sitta.
-sniffle- Ohhhh, my first character! How I miss those days! The happy, innocent days of my life...burned in my memory...

I was 12 and a half. So over 7 years ago. The setting was modern, about a town in California called "Angel Hills" where a gate to Hell was closed and guarded by a ragtag group of angels, demons, vampires, humans, and whatever else people thought of.

I chose to come in as the daughter of two of my friends' characters'. One was a son of Satan and the other Joan-of-Arc-turned-seraphim. I named my character Arielle to keep up with the French theme.

That was back when I was young and innocent. The character was sweet, feminine, and a pushover. I could never play something so innocent now. But what a hoot, thinking of those days.
Ilmarinen Moderator

I made my first character when I was 10 or 11, before I even got into Internet roleplay. Having just played Final Fantasy 4, I was gleeing over Kain, who was the Captain of the Dragoons. (I love him still.) So I made a character named Kain, who was a dragoon: but in my mind that would be a dragon/human race. (Not a hybrid, but an actual species that looked like hybrids. :P) Have a picture from 2001. X) And yes, she is a woman. When I got into Internet RP a while after making her, I used her in various forms in all of the RPGs I was in! She became my online persona/face/name until just over a year ago when I made the switch.

What's interesting is that I RPed her up until the beginning of 2010, when certain circumstances made me retire her. Her current site is here. I would like to somehow reincarnate her in the future, since I still am very fond of her... but I kind of can't.
Draconus was my first character. When I made him in 2001, he was just "Draco" back then and was a "dragon wizard"-- in layman terms, that's a wizard that can turn into a dragon. He wasn't even royalty for many years until I first reworked him, but my first rps as him were where a Lorlexian portal dumped him into Kanto. He had lots of adventures with the first incarnation of my Self-Insertion Lauren and my pal Tara's characters, and occasionally some baddies from Exodus would find him and cause trouble for everyone. OH NO.

... I did a lot of crossover rps back then. Mostly pertaining to Pokemon (or whatever Tara & I fangasmed over at the time). He even had a wife that was a neko-esque Meowth morph, and they had kids that could turn into dragons (humorously the boy was a great cook like Kalli was, but the daughter wanted to be like her magic using dragon-daddy). /They were a totally awesome family/ seriously. Don't you dare diss 'em. >:T

Anyway, uuuh after I revoked my crossoverness, Drac' started to turn into what you see him as today. That was in... 2006? 2007? I don't remember.

And there was probably some horrid RP tropisms in him way back in the day, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were exactly.
AHA! My first character was uh. Fool Moon. :|
She was an angel fox, and I like to think I've come a LOOONG way, so far as development. I actually still had her in storage up until about 6 months ago.
My actual first character was Riiko Kitase, my neko. She was very basic when I first started out with her, and I think she has developed a long way.
Heimdall wrote:
I would like to somehow reincarnate her in the future, since I still am very fond of her... but I kind of can't.

There is no such thing as can't! >O

I reincarnated Opal. XD I'm sure you can do the same for Kain!
USE THE WORD MAGIC AS AN EXCUSE!
This was my first rp character :) I still use her <3
Epic win, Foxy! :O
Morgan was one of my first, developed from the character I used in my friend's table top D&D campaigns. Twelve years has seen her go through tons of changes, but at her core, she's still the same character, even if I play her in different time periods.

Another was an elf I don't play any more, who was petrified of trees as well as heights.
Sazuki Lockheart (played by Amirrora)

Sazuki here was my first, and her brother Flare my second. Their names aren't that original, but their personalities and development have come so far, that I can't see them with any other names now. I changed them so much from when I was little, from their outfits, to their powers and personalities, backstories, and more.

Sazuki used to wear this disgusting blue and red striped strapless dress... I don't know WHAT I was thinking. Little kid for you I guess. Ha ha.

I still use them both. They're kinda a part of me now.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Your first character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus