Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Radioactive symbol discussion (SOLVED)

AshAngg2000 wrote:
I have a friend who made an account awhile ago but never did anything, but when I told them to go to this page and they did, it glitched out? Idk, closest thing I could think of to describe what happened...

A glitch? Has your friend tried again and it still glitched? If so, you should really report a bug
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

AshAngg2000 wrote:
I have a friend who made an account awhile ago but never did anything, but when I told them to go to this page and they did, it glitched out? Idk, closest thing I could think of to describe what happened...

Submit a bug report please.
They sent you an email.
So this is sci-fi trivia, and our clues are that it regards in some way a falling out with a brother, and it's also timeconsuming to gain. I've tried Supernatural, Death, Life, Alchemist, Data, Star Trek...
That third clue... why do I have a feeling it'd be a word that'd you'd think would be a good Nirvana or similar band album name? XD
Gosh. I feel like the answer is at the tip of my tongggguueee
Dragonfire Moderator

I'm not sure how true it'll be this year, necessarily, but - sometimes the symbol itself is a clue to a trivia-riddle. Sometimes not, however!
Radioactive is the name of an Imagine Dragons song, and the Album is called NIGHT VISIONS
I think our "strongest" clue is the "A falling out between brothers". Because anything could be a good album name, and SO many things are time-consuming to get. If we can find popular sci-fi books/shows/movies that have two brothers having issues, we can use that to narrow the list down and consider the other clues against that list.
CelestinaGrey wrote:
I think our "strongest" clue is the "A falling out between brothers". Because anything could be a good album name, and SO many things are time-consuming to get. If we can find popular sci-fi books/shows/movies that have two brothers having issues, we can use that to narrow the list down and consider the other clues against that list.
That makes sense. Let's start thinking! :D
FallenCheetah

I can fire a small idea.

Falling Out with a brother - That's Estrangement

It's time consuming to gain - Trust or Love.....

The third though stumps me up.
Dragonfire Moderator

I think it might be important to consider the phrasing of the first clue: "falling out with a brother" - referring to someone who has a brother. This is not necessarily 'brothers'. Could likely also be a sister-brother combination.
Dragonfire wrote:
I think it might be important to consider the phrasing of the first clue: "falling out with a brother" - referring to someone who has a brother. This is not necessarily 'brothers'. Could likely also be a sister-brother combination.
This is a good note!
What about the word "Forgiven"

That would happen after a fall out
It would be time and effort consuming to gain
It would make for an great song or album title

"Friendship" could be a good alternative...uhmmm tricky clue!

I know this is a long shot but all the messages from the opened bottles so far (which players post under Fishing forum) all talk about Love. Could love be the word? or something to do with it?
halwa_noori

Time consuming to gain.... Power?
SeraphicStar

I'm not 100% knowledgeable, but this is what I have so far:

Sci-fi.

Radioactive symbol - radiation.

"Falling out" - Fallout

"with a brother" - Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout.

This has something to do with the Fallout series, and probably with the Brotherhood of Steel.
What if the thing we search for is actually the term "Brotherhood of Steel"?
SeraphicStar

Tried it, no luck - also tried the obvious answer of Power Armor and a bunch of different models from different games. I think this is as far as we can go without a Fallout expert - sadly, my experience with the series if very limited!
Still, I think you've gotten us the closest.

When I read the first clue, I thought of a falling out between friends first. Like, when you refer to your friend as a
"brother." Now, I'm no Fallout expert, so was/is there any significant rivalries that resulted from breaks in bonds between people?

The clue is probably an action noun, or whatever they're called. Like what previous people have said, "love," or, "estrangement," so I think we could probably rule out any people/characters or objects from games. Unless, perhaps, there's something that has a name based on those things...
rat

If we're thinking BoS, there's http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood-Enclave_War or http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_Outcasts to look into - a falling out between two factions, and within the faction.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Radioactive symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus