Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Puzzle6 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

I've got a question, and this seems to be as good a place as any to ask, but how do I play the game? I've been through several Epic Weeks and never really bothered participating until last year or so... Do the three clues add up to a single answer? or do we guess at each of the clues? I am not a smart man.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

JayBird wrote:
I've got a question, and this seems to be as good a place as any to ask, but how do I play the game? I've been through several Epic Weeks and never really bothered participating until last year or so... Do the three clues add up to a single answer? or do we guess at each of the clues? I am not a smart man.

There will be one single answer per symbol, but that answer can be one word or a whole phrase.
Kim wrote:
JayBird wrote:

There will be one single answer per symbol, but that answer can be one word or a whole phrase.

Thank you very much!
Kim give us a hint

it's killing my brain XD
The oldest and coldest of all games is war itself.
Ilmarinen Moderator

There is a chance that the encrypted clue is "sl_" or "sl_a" if that helps anyone! We are still working on it. :)
War what is it good for?
Looks an awful lot like those DJ things that DJs have.
Maybe a murder mystery board game? I thought Clue, but I may be off on that. Anywho, that is my two cents.
BunBunUke

Clue was my initial thought, but no. Hmmm...
Dragonfire Moderator

Hokay, so. Things we know, things we can conjecture.

A) This is categorized as a puzzle, not trivia. Ergo, it's very, very likely to do with on-site materials, except for perhaps a cipher or something.

B ) "An old, cold game" - Leads me to believe there's something to do with the Forum Games. Possibly a really old topic.

C) "Rolled numbers will guide your research" - Dice rolling is involved somehow.

D) If we take the most straightforward translation of this from what Heimdall and I have been working on, we get "SLQ". But this is most uncertain at this point.

A + B + C + D = ??? lolwat
Dragonfire Moderator

OH FOR THE LOVE OF

HEY HEIMDALL GUESS WHAT WE GOT IT BUDDY! :D :D :D
Kim or a moderator, for clarity regarding those who can't keep a steady eye on things, can symbol discussion topics be marked with a 'CLOSED' or 'SOLVED' so that we don't have to go to various pages to see what's done and what's not? :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Hey all, since you managed to brute-force this one (You guys worked that translation WAY faster than we though!)...

The old, cold game was this:

For new players: Riddles marked with the Challenge Type "Puzzle" do not require any trivia from outside of the RPR, so don't worry about guessing what series it might be from. The puzzles are built with things that can be found on the RPR, with a heavy focus on the current batch of comics and videos.
Dragonfire Moderator

*facepalms* I spent some of last night looking for combinations of 19-12-17 in old Forum Games topics after we figured out that the snippet probably said "SLQ", but hadn't yet thought to try itself that as an answer. And yet there it was, LOL.

We totally approached that one backwards! :D

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2018 » Puzzle6 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus