Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Tordithas OOC

Oh, shoot. I think it's me or coke_monster. Sorry.

I had a question I meant to ask. What size shard is the shopkeep talking when he says shard? And how many of those shards could one of our pieces of radiance be broken into? And how easy is it to break off shards?
Oh wait, this child and mother are LITERALLY marsupiels. I thought that was just a creative facial descriptor. Lelelel.

I was waiting on a day off to get to this, which coincidentally is today. I'll be hopping to it in a few. I think everyone's free to post given our seperate little scenes, save for Trine and Duran.
Alrighty, I'll prepare something for later today
ReverieCore Topic Starter

*wakes up, checks notifications* O shi-

Ahhhh ok um. Hrmmm. Lemme make a little table for money values:

Grain (think the size of a dime)= Bottom of the barrel value. They're like the pennies of Tordithas so to speak. You could only get a loaf of bread in the poorest of places with one, or a cheap, small item or decent meal in more prosperous places. They've only got enough light in them for a few days before burning out and crumbling.

Shard aka 'piece' (about a standard pink eraser in size)= This is what everyone has now, it can be spent for nearly a month's worth of light, so that makes it fairly valuable. This makes them useful for spell casters too if using any light-based spells (which are more concentrated than the ambient light shards are normally used fore. Think fireworks vs candlelight, when used this way the effect is like a sudden burst. Use them wisely, as a shard is the smallest size that can be used for light spells, and will break once used regardless. ). A shard has varying values depending on location, but suffice to say in a place like Vadues you can afford most things with them. Anything from several full grocery basket to one very nice weapon (detailed and inalid, it'd be a shame to use it in battle) for the amount the party is carrying.

Crystal (fist-sized): This is about the largest amount the party could use to barter with (without weight, location, the people you're trading with etc. coming into play). A crystal could, if spent shrewdly and at the right places, account for a good portion of the individual's needs for a few weeks. Food, clothing, lodging/shelter. Light output wise, you'd be set for several months if just used as a lamp. Spell wise, a crystal can be used for 6-8 spells before crumbling.

Exchange rate:
5 grains to a shard
10 shards to a crystal

It's ill-advised to try and break down a piece of Radiance because that depletes its value a little. Damaging pieces causes a loss in how much light they can output, so people tend to try and avoid that. However, shopkeepers in the area have units to split bits of Radiance down just for convenient tracking, but they can't restore pieces into a larger whole once busted, so be warned.

I hope this helps! But if anything is unclear or you got more questions, feel free to ask!

And lastly yes, everyone's free to post whenever, there's no 'turn order' so to speak unless you're waiting on a reaction from a specific player. Now that I got my 'anything goes' NPC account, I don't have to worry about shoehorning our resident monster into the dialogue somehow unless he's actually doing something. : P

P.s. Don't sweat it on the 'marsupials' detail, as a lot of the furry critters could be mistaken for rodents unless you're thinking of a kangaroo or more specific animal. It is more of a descriptor for you to use your imagination with than a hard fact. XD
Definitely add that to the lore doc, I've been referring to it a lot for posts. I think that level of detail is at the edge of what I want to keep track of in terms of specifics, anymore like exacts weights to light output I might explode. I dig the idea of Radiance... carvers? Or bank tellers who cut the stuff precisely. The entropic depletion rate of our currency is stressful... Wait you can't even store the stuff because it wanes after time, so like... just keep spending I guess.

Oh yeah, I just first thought he was a lil' boy with, I don't know, a small chin and big ears and puffy cheeks or something and not a literal marsupial. So I found that funny as the mental image suddenly turned into monstrous (but cute) rat-boy and presumably mum.

r/i/p Rona's Rad shard.

And I hope everyone can pull rolls for later, cause all of my good ones are being used up early. That's how it works by the way. I only have so much luck and it's being spent on maps.
Alrighty, I'm not so sure how the details in my brain image went down into word details so that it'll come across as the same brain image for others, but while I've lost my tablet pen that's gonna be the best I can do...
Pffft. My general unluck with dice continues! xD

Also, thanks to Lucy for the assist - poor Duran wouldn't have thought to check elsewhere for another vendor otherwise.
Lots of really high or really low rolls so far.
Will be leaving friday on a trip. wont be back until sunday
Roger. Have fun tripping.
ReverieCore Topic Starter

Sorry for the long delay guys. It's been a bit of a bad month for me, but I'll have a post up by tomorrow at the latest.
Got very little sleep but had quite a bit of fun :) May post by tmrw
Cool cool.

In terms of IC: Score. Makin' deals, cuttin'... deals. Plenty of scrap paper for toiletry with those useless cavern maps. Combined with Duran's rations, nothing can stop us.
Heads up, I just got a new job so Its going to a week or two for me to return to posting again. If the party moves out of the town to go else were we can just say Rona follows.
I'm going on a camping trip for a little over a week, but I will try to get something out on the rp.
we'll probably still be in the city :)
So....all seems quiet on the home front eh?
Procastinating solidifying how I want to characterize how myguy does magic stuff, as well as not wanting to be the one talking a lot when we have two off doing stuff. Sup, hows it goin?
Not bad, tired from last week but getting back into the swing of things. Also still trying to come up with lore so we can start our test game from before. Writing is hard/ I procrastinate too lol. Wanna come up with the lore togethe
Writing is hard ain't it. Sure, but I've never successfully world-built anything despite liking the idea. Two peeps trying should be better than one though. Let's move it to PMs~ Might be hard to conjure a map for a Scifi gig but we can take some notes from how Rev presented the world and come up with some locations, whether that be cities on the world or key colonies elsewhere to work with.

I'll push myself to write either monday or tonight for Tordithas and that project. Depends how busy business be.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Tordithas OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus