Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Tordithas OOC

ReverieCore Topic Starter

Jade wrote:
Do you have room for another?
Yes! At the moment we actually have room for... several. XD
A few of our previous players went dark so we haven't heard from them, and I didn't want the ones who were still here to feel abandoned.

You're free to join in, although I'll have to ask that you please carefully read This info here and set up your character's stats and adjust accordingly, since there will be dice involved in some parts to add a layer of chance.

Be sure to let me know what your character's stats are, and I'll have you introduced into the story the same way the others have... By force thanks to our resident eldritch asshole. XD
Vincent Romano (played by Ambrosia)

I am no stranger to D&D 5e, I have a session that I DM on a weekly basis =) I'm happy that I found a PbP to play frequently.

Quick questions, how many cantrips are allowed and are we to use classes, sub classes and features?

For the sake of optimization are we going to be leveling up? If not I can focus muy spells and cantrips on social aspects of the RP

Players can have up to 4 cantrp-like spells. Bear in mind that list only really exists for those who want to be spell slingers to have an idea of flavor text while writing and the limit of how much they have before they're out of energy. However, if you'd like to write down a list of your character's 'spells' and what 'level' they are, that would be helpful. Just remember too that spells used for illumination will cost you money, unlike other spells due to how Tordithas works. I'm going to go a bit more in depth on the spells this week to try and keep things functional and consistent.

Characters also do not follow a strict class/subclass structure. So long as their actions seem to fit thematiclly and the dice rolls succeed, they can do just about anything. There is no benefit to picking a class other than personal flavor text. Instead, it's more so your raw stat bonus that you be reliant on to succeed in different tasks. Players will 'level up' in that they will receive a stat point every milestone to put where they please.

I will elaborate more in depth about how combat will work (especially the spells because Tordithas is a bit odd in the magic category considering the circumstances) , as well as how hit points will be determined in a short while.

So, 4 cantrips, 4 1st level spells and 2 2nd level spells?

Okay and for the light blind, they aren't afraid of natural light right?
Only radiance keeps them at bay?

I think I get the basics of it. Okay so, my stats are:

1 STR
2 DEX (my favorite stat)
1 INT
0 WIS
2 CHA (2nd favorite stat)

My 4 cantrips:
Mage Hand (can I possibly use it as Mage Hand Legerdemain?)
Mold earth
Fire bolt
(If darkvision isn't a possibility) dancing lights

First level spells:
Jump
Alarm
Longstrider
Goodberry

Second level spells:
Magic weapon
Arcane lock

I just put it into a spell list to make it easier for you to see the spells I'll use the most but I might cast different spells (that abide to the restrictions of the setting)

The lightblind are afraid of ALL light sources, not just radiance. However, because Tordithas is in a constant state of darkness outside of the spire's reach, people found it inefficient to use fire light instead of Radiance since Radiance can burn a good long while without producing actual flame. That doesn't stop people from lighting a torch in a pinch and using it to ward the creatures off, but it only lasts so long and isn't as bright either. Some of the more intelligent lightblind have learned to flank and attack people holding lanterns or torches in an attempt to get them to drop it and put the light out.

As for your question about mage hand being used as described from the subclass it comes from , I'd say sure, but it cannot go invisible. All other effects it has are acceptable however.

Be aware too that if you take dancing lights, you will need to use a piece of radiance to cast it unlike other spells which wouldn't need a material component. I will permit you to have darkvision as a cantrip to use on yourself though.
Longstrider and Jump too would function a little differently, offering you a slight advantage on rolls pertaining to their use instead of modifying a movement speed or jump height. (for the sake of simplicity, and making it more of a useful boon in this setting, I'd say it'd give you a +2 on a specific roll for trying to escape or jump up/over an obstacle.)

If this doesn't sit right with you, you're free to switch your spells around.

Each spell has a duration, would the duration continue once cast?

They both last an hour or more (jump and long strider)

I'm also not afraid to use a little radiance as components for dancing lights.

Yes, each would last the duration listed in their description.

Okay!

For the sake of clarification, is it safe to say longstrider well give me the stamina and speed to run faster and further because if not, I'd much rather switch it out charm person.

Also, ready to be introduced when you are =)

May I switch longstrider for minor illusion?

As I said, because there's no real 'movement speed' or jump height factor in this sessing like ther would be in a traaditional campaign, those spells would only grant you a bonus to your rolls if attempting to outrun/escape something or jump onto/over something. But yes, you could switch out Longstrider for Minor illusion if you want.

Perfect, I have a cool idea for both of them. So, whenever you're ready to introduce me =)

Alright, ball's in your park! How will Fritz handle being unexpectedly abducted by her 'employer'?

She'll be annoyed, weary and stubborn a opposed to her normal egotistical self. Fritz is actually mute, she uses minor illusion to recreate the voice she used to have =3

Hey, so whats going on?

It takes a little while for things to happen, life happens and our posting has always been a little on the slow side. I myself tend to get down in a funk sometimes but I refuse to leave this thread to die. XD
Ill rpobably post sometime this week. Ive got assignments due and been pulling really late nights
No worries! Nail those assignments, take a breather, and we'll be here. You got this!
Thanks! Ive got 3 more assignments this week and then I should be good for a week or so before the next group of deadlines hits :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Tordithas OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus