Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Semi-Hiatus

TheLily

In light of recent events (I have three tests next week, two essays due the following week, a psych paper AND I'm still learning phonetic transcription - I am also trying to earn an admit position writng stories for a website I like), my RP will have to come down. Way down.

This is by far going to be the most stressful time of this semester (No other week do I have 3/4 classes with test!) and I should be back after that.

what this means is that I'm going to be down to 2 replies/day or 1 reply/2 days for my RPs. This does not mean I'm forgetting about you, I promise! It simply means that I'm FREAKING out. I TWO of my proff forgot to tell the classes when the tests were and they're on the SAME day. (though, the Hamlet essay is my fault <_<)

So, please, please forgive me!
Kim Site Admin

Good luck, Lily! You can do it! :D
I, personally, will never forgive you. XD I love you. Looking forward to having you back
Witness

The very best of luck with getting through this; I've got full confidence in you, and I'll be excited for when you get back, victorious. ;)
Good luck! I use to have that many tests, or more, in a week. It certainly is stressful.
TheLily Topic Starter

Some updated news: I lost one of my textbooks for Phil which has several readings in it that is no longer at the book store AND it's not in the library. I'll be here a little bit more, crying a lot.
What's the name of the book? Sometimes you can find them online, at least the pieces you need.
TheLily Topic Starter

Aquinas: Selected Writings. Another issue is that I don't have the reading list from it. The prof deleted that. I have my notes, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough. Hopefully he focuses on the stuff I did read <_<
TheLily wrote:
Aquinas: Selected Writings. Another issue is that I don't have the reading list from it. The prof deleted that. I have my notes, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough. Hopefully he focuses on the stuff I did read <_<

I'm not familiar with this book, but I might have found a few of the readings that are inside of the book?

Aquinas on Mind
Aquinas Commentary on the Metaphysics
The Cambridge Companion to Aquinas
Aquinas on the Divine Ideas as Exemplar Causes

If you want these, just let me know and I can direct you to them. They are free.

Otherwise, Amazon does have the book for sale(I believe) for like 10 dollars for the Kindle Version.
Amazon also has a free e-book reading App for the PC, Amazon claims you do not need a Kindle device to read the e-books you buy from them.

I'm not linking because I'm unsure of the rules of that.
Aww, take all the time you need to study, Lily! All those tests are important and we want to see you succeed. RPR will be here for you when you get back. <3

In the immortal words of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: "Don't Panic".
TheLily Topic Starter

casting-crowns wrote:
TheLily wrote:

I'm not familiar with this book, but I might have found a few of the readings that are inside of the book?

Aquinas on Mind
Aquinas Commentary on the Metaphysics
The Cambridge Companion to Aquinas
Aquinas on the Divine Ideas as Exemplar Causes

If you want these, just let me know and I can direct you to them. They are free.

Otherwise, Amazon does have the book for sale(I believe) for like 10 dollars for the Kindle Version.
Amazon also has a free e-book reading App for the PC, Amazon claims you do not need a Kindle device to read the e-books you buy from them.

I'm not linking because I'm unsure of the rules of that.

unfortunately I looked for the specific readings I need to do and I can't find them (they are also specially forwarded) - as for Kindle, I'm Canadian without a kindle or access to Kindle tech, nor do I have money.
Is this it? http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=11513485626&qwork=7975649&qsort=&page=1

If so, get with Wit or Sanne to get a hold of myself of the Captain. We'll see if we can't get it overnighted to you.
TheLily Topic Starter

I can't let you guys buy the book. I got tonnes of notes from the lectures. I'll also be given the questions in advance, so I can use those. :D
School can be quite stressful indeed. So I doubt any one of us will stress you into making a post. Good luck, Lily! I'm sure you'll ace it! ;D
TheLily Topic Starter

Update: My BIIIIIIIIIIG exam is tomorrow (Philosophy) and I have been accepted as a Finalist in the writing contest. This means I am one step closer to being barely here. I have to be able to write at least once a day, so while I am hoping that I get the admin position, I will be sad to have to cut down my RP. If I don't win, I'll be just as sad, but happier to be with you guys. So it's a lose/lose AND win/win.

In other news: I still love you guys and I'm trying to keep up with things here. :D (Trying and failing).

So, we'll just have to wait and see. Tomorrow I should be back up 50% since I won't have to worry about Phil any more.
This is a little late, but I await your return. :) goodluck on what you are seeking!
TheLily Topic Starter

I finished the Hamlet essay last night (just need to format it tonight!), I finished the exams (I have two more coming up, but I'm not that scared about them), and I didn't get the admin position so I'm here full time again!
I feel sadness that you did not get the admin status, you'd make a good one, but great happiness to have you here full time! Welcome back!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Semi-Hiatus

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus