Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Phaether (played by LadyOfGondor)

”The ceremony.... it’ll be difficult for me I must admit.” she snuggled against him and hid her face against his chest. She had lost many friends and acquaintances. Even a loved one to the war. She sighed and closed her eyes.

”You will remain by my side the entire time right?” she asked barely above a whisper as she seemed nervous for it.
Galreth (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Galreth caressed Phaether and said. "Yes my love. We will stand side-by-side, and we will stand proud together, and we will then ride back to Minas Tirith to prepare for the coming of the king."

He looked at her and brushed her cheek. "My love, you know there will be many such celebrations in the coming weeks. But only one do I look to, and that is when we are wed." He looked down and his hand caressed her stomach then looked back to Phaether's eyes and smiled.
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

(Meanwhile, back in Minas Tirith)

A bound leather parcel had come from the south addressed to Phaether of Minas Tirith. As nobody knew of her there, it was placed in safekeeping, like so many other letters and packages that come for the dead.

(To the south)

Durian and the dirty dozen of his command had come to Pelargir and they immediately went to the old Khandese enclave. long since most all of these people had fled when their land openly allied themselves with Mordor, but some of the anemities still could be found. Durian and his men sat in a steam bath, where rocks were heated by fire and water was poured on them to create steam. It was the beginning of a rest and relaxation for the heroes of the Poros Crossing.

She gazed into his eyes and nodded in agreement and kissed his cheek gently and lovingly. ”My love... you’ve no idea how I yearn for our wedding day to arrive.”

She sighed happily and closed her eyes. ”I need a dress... but what kind? Glamorous or more elegant?”

Galreth smiled at Phae. "I'm thinking elegant. Maybe one of those light, silky dresses would look lovely on you my love."

He took a breath as he thought of Phaether in a formal elven-style dress on the dance floor as his wife. He pushed back a thought of that dream he had, and he caressed her hair as they rested together until the last possible moment and they were summoned by Faramir's second-in-command of the Ithilien Rangers.

Soon enough they were summoned and she reluctantly got out of their tent. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed “I suppose it’s now our time to travel and prepare for all the ceremonies?” She asked and smiled a little as she held his hand.

”Yes, I’m afraid so.” Galreth said. There would be much celebration and formality in the coming days.... months really. The world had not known true peace in so long, nobody really had come to grips with that. All he knew was he hoped that their children would know only peace.

He sighed as he stepped over beside Phaether and took her arm in his and they walked out into the bright light of day, it was so good to be able to see the sun and blue sky again!

She looked up at the beautiful blue sky and had to stop to really admire it. It was clear. And bright. The warm sun felt amazing on her soft skin. She smiled and nodded ”This is the world that should always be...” she said softly and looked at Galreth. ”This is the world I want to share my life with you in.”

"It is our world now my love. I will share all that I have of my life that is left me with you. come, let us go. We will walk into the White City together, and we will celebrate this new world that is our now!"

Galreth kissed Phaether and smiled as he looked into her eyes. Their feelings entwined with each other as they went forth to the celebrations, and prepared to ride to the city with their new King.
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

In the days after their time at the baths, Durian and his men rode to the dock to take the ferry to Pelagir. Once there the victory celebration was in full swing. The men were released from duty, and they joined in the celebrations...

After three days, Durian had enough. He said farewell to his comrades in arms, now called The Poros Guard. He thought about Pheather and wondered if she was still alive, and if so, if she thought about him at all. He booked passage in a boat up river to Harlond the next morning.

The story went on and after the coronation of the King, a summer of weddings ensued. Galreth and Phaether were wed, and they would live in Ithilien in the service of Lord Faramir and Lady Eowyn. Phaether. Of the story of those days, it is told elsewhere …

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus