Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Phaether (played by LadyOfGondor)

She laid back down with him and relaxed ”We shall search for him in a few... I wish to relax with you today.” she said softly and closed her eyes. She stayed close to him in his arms and sighed happily. ”I like this... it’s so peaceful...”
Galreth (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Galreth wrapped an arm around his betrothed and said, "I don't thnk we wil have to go searching. I hear riders coming at speed from the north."

Sure enough, two swift riders of rohan and a messenger of Gondor came into the camp and dismounted. The Dark Lord is destroyed! Our army survives! Hail Victory!" The messengers stopped long enough for their horses and themselves to drink before they were on their wat to Minas Tirith. Galreth held Phaether in his arms and said, "I think they will soon be coming to us!" He gave Phaether a hug and kissed her lovingly. The great victory was coming to fruit.

She kissed him back lovingly and stayed close to him. She gazed into his eyes and ran her fingers through his hair. ”We can live in peace once more. It feels as though this war has lasted for a lifetime. But now... now it’s over. And we can live happily in Gondor... or we can move if you’d like.” she smiled and kissed him once more as she remained in his arms. The sounds of the people around them celebrating made her smile even more.

Galreth kissed her back, her lips stirring him inside. He looked in her eyes and his hand massaged the small of her back. "No... I think I would like to stay in Ithilien. What of you Phae?" He didn't want to go anywhere else. He just wanted peace and to marry Phaether and they have children and have a good life living happily in the forests of Ithilien.
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

The days went by and still no word came. But on the morning of the third day after the destruction of the ring, riders came from Pelargir with the joyful news. Durian broke out a stash of hard spirits that Khaloch had brought, and there was a little celebration amongst the 'dirty dozen' as he and the eleven others who survived from the initial garrison of the Fords.

When Khaloch said he was going to put on one of the Haradian uniforms and go south to talk with them, Durian didn't think it was a good idea. But Khaloch would do what he wanted, and he resigned his commission to Gondor and left. Durian hoped soon they would get orders for relief, but it would still be some tome in coming.

She smiled against his lips and whispered softly ”Ithilien sounds perfect...” she smiled and ran her fingers through his hair and gazed into his eyes. Everything was going alright. It would be okay. She relaxed happily and closed her eyes.

Galreth ran his fingers through her hair as they lay, and soon he was asleep. The threat of war had passed, and it was easy to relax. It had been so long. He leaned against Phaether and started to breath deeply.

"When do you want to marry?" he said suddenly with his eyes still closed. "I wss just dreaming of you in an exotic elven gown with flowers in your hair." He straightened up as he opened his eyes.

She thought for a moment then nodded ”Spring.... the time of new beginnings. I’d like exactly what you just described.” she smiled at him lovingly and kissed his cheek ”Where would we marry? Ithilien? Or shall We travel elsewhere?”

"Spring... It is spring coming now. We just couldn't tell with all the filth of Mordor. But even now it clears!"

He pointed at a nearby tree that had bright green leaves just now sproutng from the drab winter branches. "Maybe by the Falls of Rauros? It will be alive with the melting snows of the north come May."

"Yes.... yes that sounds wonderful." She said softly and closed her eyes as she pictured the scene. Her elegance brighter than the sun as she walked towards him at the end of a beautiful path. The beautiful falls flowing around them. It made her smile and she hugged him close to her. However... at the end of the path... was Durian. She frowned and her heart ached so she pulled away "I need some fresh air... a small walk. I'll be right back." She said with a forced smile then stepped out of their little tent. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair and was confused on why she thought this.
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

At the same time Phaether went for her walk, Durian was sitting by the Poros river writing her a letter...
Quote:
"My dearest Phaether. Though our days were numbered, they were like a Shooting Star across the veils of Varda. Forever have you been imprinted on me. It was a heartbreaking day when we got separated in battle. And as much as I wanted to find my way to you, it was not to be. I was taken away down the Anduin to Pelargir, and I fought the war in the south. I met with my lord Aragorn, our chieftain of the northern realm, and he wanted me to stay and watch for the Haradrim.

The fight was hard and long, but we prevailed. Word had come of the fall of Osgiliath, and the breaking of the gates of Minas Tirith and the death of so many. It is my fear that you have fallen, for your spirit would have you in the midst of the hardest battles. I miss you Phaether, and may one day we will meet again.

Durian ~ Dunedain Ranger of the North, stationed in the south.

He carefully prepared the ink and sealed it, and went to the quartermasters tent. "I need this sent north as soon as possible. It is addressed to Phaether of Minas Tirith - Ranger of Ithilien. He took it and said, "It will go on the next caravan to Pelargir. Then a ship will take it north. May it find who you seek. There will be many letters that will go unread."

Durian nodded his head. He knew exactly what he meant.

Galreth seemed startled by Phaether's hasty exit. He knew better that to pursue. She need air, and some time for herself. He lay back down and looked up at the trees and the clear skies. The sun had not been out for so long, it really looked bright.

She sighed and walked around and tried to gather her thoughts and stop worrying herself. But now she was consumed by thoughts of Durian. Her first love. Her real love. She groaned in frustration and started jogging. Sometimes a run would help.

It had been most of the day that Phae was gone. Galreth kept thinking about going to find her, but he knew how she was. With the end of the war, it was somewhat safer. He sighed. He would give his wife to be her space. He went to sharpen his sword and knife.

She returned about a half hour later and walked to Galreth. She pulled him up and close to her and she kissed him passionately with a small sigh of relief. She gathered her thoughts. She was with Galreth now. She had to move on.

It was a fortnight later when the gathering on the field of Cormallen to receive the two halfling who had ventured into the heart of Mordor and destroyed the power of Sauron! Galreth and Phaether stood together in their finest dress uniforms, and the host of the West stood to receive the heroes of the realm!

Galreth and Phaether spent the weeks together planning their lives together, and the love they gave each other each day was seemingly full. Yet there was a small cloud that seemed to come now and again, and the memories of the war and those lost would come to mind. But this day, celebrations were the order of the day, and the song and dance of the halflings echoed over Gondor far and wide.

It was that night as they slept that Galreth had a bad dream. It was of their wedding day, and Phae turned and ran from the altar into the arms of a ragged war-torn man, the northerner. Will this man forever haunt them from his unknown grave? He woke up in a sweat with a growl...

She yawned and woke up naked beside him. ”Love... what’s the matter?” she asked in a sleep laced voice. She lifted her head to look at him then she moved so her head was on his chest ”You’re heart is pounding... Was it a nightmare?” she asked softly and gently played with his hair to help soothe him and calm him. She had been moving on easily and falling for Galreth more and more each day.

"I... I had a bad dream.... haunted by the dead." he said as he turned to Phae. Feeling her press up against him caused him to sigh and forget the visions that woke him. He leaned his head into her hand that played in his hair before he turned to he and kissed her.

"Oh my love... the celebrations have begun. And I celebrate this happiness we have now. From the ashes of war comes love anew! I love you fair Phaether, and to stand with you in these high days, well, it warms me deeply." He thought about getting up, but instead he lay back down on his back.

She smiled at him lovingly and nuzzled against him. ”I feel as though I’ve been blessed by one of the Valar since I’m able to spend my life with you.” she said sincerely and kissed him gently. She sighed happily and stayed close to him as she heard people talking and laughing outside her tent. ”May we remain here for a little longer?”

"My thoughts exactly Phae." He drew her close withhis arm that had wrapped under her and he kissed her brow. Maybe some few moments more before we need to take our place with the Ithilien Rangers in this ceremony."

He caressed her shoulder as he breathed in the scent of her hair. Once they have fulfilled their commitments, they would lay around together for a week....

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus