Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Galreth (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Galreth and Phaether stayed in the healing house for a few days. A lot of sleep was had, and Galreth remained with Phaether through the whole time. When one of the servants came, they woke both Galreth and Phae, and said,

"Come, we have salted baths for you both. It will renew your strength."

Galreth stood up and flexed his shoulder, and reached for Phaether's hand.

"Come Phaether.
Phaether (played by LadyOfGondor)

She yawned and nodded then gently took his hand and stood up. Her side ached a little but it wasn’t awful. She walked with him to where they had their baths prepared. The room was steamy and it was one large bath, basically a large pool of water in a luxurious room of quartz filled with scented oils and salts. All healing and strength renewing. She hesitated before slowly removing her clothes. She would be naked in front of him. It made her a little self conscious. She walked into the tub and sighed happily as she felt the warmth of the water envelop her.

Galreth averted his eyes while Phaether prepared to get in the bath. He himself blushed as he stripped, but he couldn't hide himself as he climbed in. He sat and closed his eyes as the water came to his neck, and her then stretched his legs out and he started to float. The salts added to the water made him rather buoyant, and as he relaxed, he started to float free in the water.

“Relax and float free Phaether!”

Galreth said rather excitedly as he felt the warm soothing waters warm his stiff muscles. The incense that burned and the flicker of the candlelight added to the soothing air of the bathhouse of Minas Tirith.

She giggled and felt herself relax a little ”It is very nice in here...” she commented and looked around. She dunked under the water then popped up and smoothed her hair back. She glanced at him and smiled then looked away. She laughed happily and floated on her back in the water and felt very relaxed.

”I think we both very much needed this.” she said happily and closed her eyes. It was almost euphoric.

It was indeed euphoric. The silence seemed to be surreal as they floated. Galreth felt himself starting to drif away, but he returned when he and Phae bumped hips together as they floated. Galreth smiled. the light touch felt good to him. He relaxed more as the soothing water started to saturate his skin.

She smiled shyly when they bumped into one another. She sat on one of the steps in the pool and leaned back. She played with a strand of her hair absentmindedly and tried to not think of Durian. She had to get over him... she had to move on. So she would. She swam over to him and wrapped her arms around Galreth and gently kissed him. She prepared herself for him to either kiss back or push her away.

Galreth was taken somewhat by surprise by Phae as she swam over to him and wrapped him in her arms and kissed him. It was something he had dreamt about many times, but to have it happen now, here, well, he didn't expect it. He returned her gentle kiss with one of his own. She felt good in his arms. Unlike hugs before, this one seemed different. Maybe Phae was thinking he was more than a brother? He looked to her face and took a deep breath

"Phae... I..."

His words caught in his throat, and all he could do was hold her, and he ran his hand along her jaw and brushed her ear before leaning to her to kiss her again.

She kissed him once more and ran her fingers through his hair. Part of her felt wrong for using him to get over Durian... the other part of her said screw it and kissed him deeper. She had her arms wrapped around his neck as they kissed and she stayed close to him. Their lips moved in sync. Phaether blushes a little and playfully bit his bottom lip as they kissed passionately.

Galreth breathed deep. Could it be as battle raged and the ringbearer tried to get to the Cracks of Doom did he find himself recovering from wounds and making love to Phae?

He kissed her deeper when she nibbled her lip ...

... He paused and looked into Phae's eyes, wanting to know of this was a growing bond between them or only a vulnerable moment for the both of them.

She was using him... wasn’t she? Could she really have fallen for him? She wasn’t sure. But for the most part she sure she was using him to get over her loss of Durian... she locked her lips on his once more

They walked hand-in-hand out of the bathhouse much renewed.

"I think we do not return, but go out to the walls. We will release ourselves. For I think you have healed a great hurt in me Phae."

He pointed to the archway that led to the outer wall. When He and Phae came outside, they found that a great battle had raged in Minas Tirith. Standing not far away was Lord Faramir and a high-born Rohirrim woman. But Galreth and Phae stood apart, looking over the desolation that was the Field of Pelennor. Piles of dead orcs were burning with the remnants of their siege engines, and scores upon scores of dead and dying Gondorians and Rohirrim were being tended to.

”The city held!” Galreth said, feeling proud of Gondor but heavy of heart for the loss and death. He put his arm around Phae’s waist and sighed.

She had tears in her eyes both from joy and sorrow. ’It held Durian.... it held.’ she thought to herself and closed her eyes with a small smile on her face. He’d be so proud. So happy. She wished he was with them to celebrate. She moved close to Galreth and moved in front so he was hugging her from behind and she leaned back against him. ”It held... my god it held...” she laughed happily as a few tears ran down her cheeks.

"Yes! We have won the battle, but so much loss..."

He looked eastward where the plume of black still spewed forth.

"But there is still the fight at the gate. Do we hope against all hope?"

Galreth stood behind Phaether and wrapped his arms around her midriff as they looked with both relief that Minas Tirith held, and with sadness of the cost.

”We never stop hope.” she said softly and leaned back against him and sighed happily. She quite enjoyed the feeling of being in his arms. She let out a small laugh and shook her head ”Everything that’s happened... my god it’s all so shocking.”

"The world will stand or fall from the edge of the blade in the coming days. May our doom be unforseen m'lady.

Galreth closed his eyes. He couldn't say what he wanted. He wasn't sure why his words would not come out. Maybe he felt Phaether would send him away. He didn't know. But he had to say.

"Phaether, my friend, comrade in arms, and the lady who has captured my heart. Should this war end and we live and are not enslaved, I would ask for your hand in marriage if you would have me as husband."

He said it, he got the words out. Not like he had planned, but it was there for her to take or leave as she saw fit.

She turned around in his arms and gazed into his eyes. She couldn’t hold onto Durian forever. She kissed him slowly and passionately and wrapped her arms around him. She moved closer to Galreth and whispered against his lips ”If you’d have me as a wife... I’d have you as a husband.... yes. Yes I’d love to marry you.” she smiled and kissed him once more and ran her fingers through his hair

Her words brought a smile to Galreth's face. Never had he hoped such would happen. He held her close, hoping for peace soon. He kissed her long and slow, before turning to look east at the black cloud.

"Our hope lies yonder Phae. May we be victorious."

Yet his eyes return to the carnage around the walls and the broken gate of Minas Tirith. "Come, let us see if we can help our brethren."

She nodded and placed one more gently kiss to his lips then Held his hand as she began to walk down to help out. She took a deep breath and rushed to the side of many harmed men waiting for a healer to come by. She held dying mens’ hands and comforted them until they passed. She helped with the people.

Phae sat beside one dying man and held his hand. ”You’ll be alright... think of your daughter...” she said softly to help soothe the man as he passed on.

There was a Rider of Rohan who was still on his horse. He was slumped over its neck and somehow held on. The horse was bloodied from both rider and wound. Galreth caught the horse's attention and it slowly came over. "Phaether! come!" he called out as she closed the eyes of a newly dead Gondorian.

He wanted her to take the horse and steady it as he got the rider down. The man had the armour of Rohan with a few different brown leather armour that was not Rohirrim. he looked to be more of a darker complexion than those of the Rohirrim, and his hair was a sandy colour. Galreth grabbed his arm, and as he let his horse go, he fell to Galreth who managed to steady the man and lay him on the ground. "I am Dunhama of Edoras, formerly of Westmarch. where is my betrothed?" His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he lost consciousness. He had a severe head wound, and his leg had been hacked. Galreth looked at him and said to Phaether, ”We can save him!”

He was betrothed. If it were he looking for Phaether, he would want someone to do the same for him. They had to find his betrothed…

She took a deep breath ”We need to save him first... Galreth we cannot risk moving him... find me bandages and medicine as fast as possible. Please.” she tilted his head so she could see the wound and saw it wasn’t bleeding profusely. So she went to work on his leg first. She ripped off her shirt and applied pressure to his wound with one hand. With the other hand, she leveled his head and felt around the wound. A small skull fracture from what she could feel. She relaxed a little. He was near death but she could bring him back.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus