Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Phaether (played by LadyOfGondor)

She nodded and took a deep shaky breath ”In a way... I am very glad to be back. Despite the cost.” she said softly and wiped away her tears. She bit her lip and rolled over to face him and gave him a small smile.

”It is very good to see you both again... for you’re both very dear friends. And despite the sorrow and darkness of times... you’ve managed to make me smile and warm my heart even just a little bit.” she laid on her back and began to fall asleep.

Eventually she managed and she had a dreamless sleep.
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Lost in a dream that seemed to hold him captive, Durian drifted whrough his memories of Fay. So swift, so intense, so explosive she was. And Durian cherieshed every moment....

He felt himself bumping the branches of the overgrowth, and waking he reached and grasped at the branches. The log that had saved him from drowning and carried him for a while made its way down river. Durian hung on the branches and pulled himself to shore. He coughed and spat, and soon was asleep on the sand, dreaming of Phaether ...
Galreth (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Gareth awoke suddenly, but stayed settled. He looked to Phae as she lay sleeping. Her breasts rose and fell with each breath she took, and Gareth sighed, wishing he could go and lay beside her and hold her, caress her, and comfort her. He swallowed and closed his eyes, even though he could only see Phae before him...

~

Faramir walked back from the high chamber in a solomn demeanor, looking at the ground where his boots would step. His father Denethor chastised him for a job not as well done as Boromr would do. The quiet, withdrawn Faramir came in to the quarters where Phae and Galreth were asleep. He didn't want to wake them, but he knew they would need to get back to Osgiliath tomorrow. He could have gone to his royal quarters, but he would share the same as his soldiers. It was the kind of man he was. He climbed up to the cot above Phae's and was himself quickly asleep from exhaustion.

She woke up when she heard Faramir Get on the bunk above her. She saw Gareth in a chair and sighed. ”There’s room on my bed. You can’t sleep in a chair.” she smiled a little and moved over. She wanted to talk with her friend like old times. She was sick of crying and feeling sorry for herself.

Phae yawned and stretched. Part of her wanted to be comforted by him. She wanted to forget her dead love... she wanted to feel happy rather than broken down and maybe just maybe she’d be able to come to terms with his death.

Galreth awoke to Phae's voice, but by the time he blinked away, there was silence. Did she just ask him to comfort her? He got up and quietly stepped over to her and knelt down and shook her slightly.

"Did you say something Phae?"

She only rolled to her side and drew him to her, and he lay on the outer edge of the mat with his back to her, and she held to him. Galreth lay there unmoving so as not to disturb Phae. Her arm hung over his side and her hand gripped his tunic, and he felt her press up against him. He could only lay still thinking about her and her plight. He said in a whisper to her,

"Oh dear Phaether, it must hurt bad. I know I cannot take his place in your heart, but if you allow it, I can help you heal from this grevious wound."

He took her hand into his and held it close to his chest, their finger interlocking. Feeling her breath deep against him it started to lull him to sleep.

She couldn’t bring herself to respond. She was using him so she would feel better. She felt disgusted with herself. She woke before him the next morning and saw she was in his arms. It didn’t feel right. She slowly got up out of the cot and walked outside. She breathed in the cool and and almost gagged. All the smoke from Mordor. The days had been growing darker. Fouler. She grabbed her bag with a change of clothes and found somewhere to bathe.

Phaether took a warm bath then dried off and changed into better fighting clothes. She combed her long hair out and threw it in a high ponytail. Her hair was so long it reached just down to her butt. It was long and silky once more after being washed. She walked out and went to the white tree of gondor and sat down by it. She remembered running around the area when she was little. The memory made her heart throb

Gareth awoke to Faramir’s boot pushing him.

“Wake up Gareth.”

“Huh? What? Where’s Phae?”

Gareth said as he jumped to his feet. He slept so hard Faramir thought he may have died. Faramir put his hand in his shoulder and said,

“Get your gear, Osgiliath needs us. I’m taking what soldiers from Minas Tirith that can be spared to shore up our defences. A runner came from Anborn with speed saying the city was under assault. They repelled the first assault, but Anborn thinks it was only a probe.”

They headed out and Faramir said,

“You go down to the first level and get the volunteers ready. We march at noon. I need to go somewhere. I’ll meet you.”

Gareth nodded and headed off straight away. Faramir made his way up to the courtyard where he knew he would find Phaether. He sat down beside her and took her hand,

“Phae, we go to Osgiliath at noon. You look like you’re ready. We all mourn Boromir’s death. But we must let it harden us. Come with me, come show the volunteers a fierce woman who hold her own with any man.”

He stood up and held Phae’s hand.

“I remember playing here as a child.”

Faramir said as he looked at the dead white tree. He sighed before looking back to Phae.

“Come, duty calls.”

She hugged Faramir and kissed his cheek in a friendly and kind manner. ”I know. It’s good to have good friends in such dark times.” she took a deep breath and walked back to where they had slept and gathered her things. She walked over to Gareth who was with the volunteers all who looked scared beyond belief.

”My Friends!” she called out and laughed softly ”If I can go into this war with a smile and with hope then so can you... this war is up to us and a very very special bearer.” she explained wanting be be vague about the one ring situation. ”Come! Let us fight! And either win with our might! Or die with glory defending our lands!” the volunteers applauded and seemed to cheer up a little. She smiled at Gareth ”That went better than I thought...” she laughed softly

(OOC- I totally lost this notification and didn't realise you replied. My apologies Phaether)

Gareth had encouraged the soldiers who had been given orders to accompany Faramir to Osgiliath. But it was Phaether who brought inspiration. Her words made him proud to be her friend!

"It went beautifully Phae!Well spoken! You have the ability to be a great captain, and I would be proud to serve under you!"

He said as they went through their equipment check. Faramir stepped up and said,

"Phaether is right! If it is our doom to fall it wil be for Gondor. May our strength in arms prevail this day, and forever!"

He gave Phaether and Gareth a nod and a signal to move out. They set out double time toward Osgiliath. Invasion was iminent...

She mounted her horse and rode alongside Gareth with Faramir in front of them. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself and she said to Gareth ”Do you think.... when this is all over... the world will be light again?” Her voice came out soft and sad. Broken even

She looked ahead not daring to meet eyes with him for fear of what she may see.

Gareth was silent for a moment as he rode just back of Phaether.

"We can only hope Phae... We can only hope."

They rode in silence as they approached Osgiliath. The Gondorian positions to the west were being pummeled by rubble from the east where the dark army had huge trebuchets and catapults, and stone trolls who could lift huge rocks and broken stonework. Gondor had some trebichets but could not match the throw-weight of the Mordor army. What they lacked in weight they made up in accuracty though, being able to take aim at more focused areas.

When they arrived, Anborn briefed Faramir and the company Faramir brought was immediately deployed among the docklands of the river. With the bridges all broken, the invasion had to come by boat. They held their positions well into the night, and the quietness seemed un-natural. Gareth looked over in the feint light to Phaether, and when her eyes found his, he gave her a nod of reassurance.

It was then an arrow just missed him and hit the young soldier with him in the neck. He gurgled and fell, and soon they were being hit with a wave of arrows. They were coming from approaching boats of orcs...
Durian (played by Rogue-Scribe) Topic Starter

Durian was delerious. Having not eaten for so long, he tried to make his way up the river bank. But the brambles tugged at him, and he ended up falling back into the river. He struggled to get back to shore as the current tugegd at him, but he was too weak. He didn't have the assistance of a log this time, and he thought he would surely die.

As he floated down the Anduin, he managed to get ahold of some broken tree that still had branches on it. But he was udderly soent and he closed his eyes, He muttered in Sindarin,

"My love Phaether...I hold to you and our moment in the sun..."

He looked to the sky and all faded into a greyness that seemed surreal. When he awoke from being dead, he was being pulled out of the fens by some trader.

"Where am I ..."

Durian muttered. It startled the trader as he assumed the waterlogged pale man was dead.

"You be near Pelargir. Where did you come from?"

the trader said, but there was no responce from Durian. He only mumbled,

"Gi melin Phaether..."

He fell into deep memories.

Phaether gasped when she saw the young soldier fall to the ground dead. She saw Durian and almost screamed. But then she remembered and quickly turned and rode to get a better position to fight. She pulled out her bow and began aiming for orca and shooting them down one by one. She turned to make sure Gareth and faramir were safe. The minute she looked away she got shot in the shoulder. She gasped in pain and aimed despite the pain and hit the orc that hit her.

She pulled the arrow out and soon enough the orcs got on land and ran towards them. She took a deep breath and took out her sword.

The fight was on. There was no stopping the onslaught of Mordor, for this was no raid. Faramir had them pull back slowly even as they took out many of the orcs. More came from more boats to take their place.

When they had managed to get back to a prepared defensive position, Galreth stood with blood on the side of his head. He had lost sight of Phaether, and it seemed most of the new company they had brought from Minas Tirith was dead, seriously wounded, or missing. The clash of steel went on into the darkness.

"Anborn is wounded!"

Galreth called out as another soldier helped him to the healers. Gareth rallied some soldiers who had failed in their spirit, and they turned and held back an onslaught of orcs. He was relieved to see Phaether there, bloodied and with notched sword. Faramir had to make a decision. Try and hold in the face of mounting numbers of the enemy and risk annihilation

Phae ran to Gareth and had sustained several injuries. She was clutching her side and blood seeped through her clothing. She winced in pain as she swung her sword and beheaded another orc.

“Bastards...” she mumbled and was pale. “We need to Hold them off!” She yelled above the chaos and continued to fight despite her pain. She’d rather die on the battlefield with honor than run off to stay safe.

Galreth had a bloody temple and his leather vest was rent with cuts. The strength of the Dunedain held, but it was straining and near breaking. The ballista from the east kept landing among them, and the boats brought fresh orcs now uninpeded. Faramir had to withdraw. Galreth came and fought beside Phae and when they had given the othhers a chance to withdraw, Galreth said to Phae,

"Come Phaether, we will ive to fight another day! Gondor need our strength!"

He tried to get Phae to not sacrifice herself, but she was stubborn. Th enext thing he knew he was spinning and falling, having been hit by a piece of stone.
Foxy was on the ground, badly hurt. She had wounds all over her. She was crying for help as well. Any help she'll risk for.

((Hey Foxy sorry but this is a 1x1 RP Between the lovely Dunedain-Ranger and I, as stated at the very beginning of the RP. Please don’t butt in. Thank you :) ))

Phae turned when she saw Galreth fall and she rushed over. ”Yes we will...” she said and sighed knowing she had to help her friend. Her pride could wait. She pulled him up gently with her and could tell he was probably concussed from the stone that slammed against his skull.

”Don’t worry... you’ll be okay.” she said, hoping to comfort him as she helped get him away from the battle. She swung her sword at a few orcs as she was hurrying away.
((Sorry, I'm new here and I can't find people to rp with))

FoxyTheWarrior wrote:
((Sorry, I'm new here and I can't find people to rp with))

((It’s fine just go to forums and looking for RP and message people))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Winds of Ithilien

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus