Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Kyle Ajani Lockhart (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He glanced over his shoulder at her and smiled softly.

"So your awake now? Enjoy the ride?"

He then chuckled softly as he looked back at his place.

"I'll put you down in a minute. And on a bed so you can rest properly so hang tight for a moment."

He then chuckled softly as he once more began walking forward and shoved open one half of the double doors crossing the threshold of what was clearly a lobby of some kind. He then turned right and walked through another doorway then stopped just before going through it.

"Proper etiquette of a good host dictates I ask where you would like to rest. And as a result this places my own personal bed up for grabs as well."

He then glanced over his shoulder at her once more.

"I am limiting you to choosing a bed though. I don't wanna hear any nonsense such as a bar top or couch. You got 5 to choose from. Mine or one of 4 inn rooms."
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Ilo let out a huge sigh of discontentment and resigned to her fate of being carried. She didn't do it willingly however, as she harrassed him about how it was his own fault she was so drained the entire way into the house. She only stopped speaking after she was asked about a bed.

"I don't care! Just put me down!" She even added a little kick as flourish. "How about this: Whatever room is large enough to hold my gold is the one I will rest in."

He couldn't see her face, but she was once again wearing a pout.

"How bout not just that but the one where it'll be safest too."

He then chuckled as he walked upstairs still carrying her then past several doors before stopping and shoving open another double door revealing a room fit for royalty. He then went and set her on the bed then, with gold still in tow walked to the corner where he and the gold suddenly vanished into thin air. After a moment he returned without the gold and looked at her in momentary silence.

"Rest. Your gold is safe in my meditation chamber. I'll be in the library training my mind."

He then nodded to her lightly as he turned and walked out the door closing it behind him as he went.

"Has anyone ever told you that you laugh to yourself too much?" She snapped right as he disappeared. She had a moment of anxiety being left alone in a strange place without much preamble, but the feeling subsided before he reappeared. She reluctantly rolled onto her side after shucked her footwear. She pulled her knees towards her chest and rested her head on her crooked arm, letting go of a long breath. The fatigue hit her once the air was out of her lungs and she melted into the soft cushion of the bed. She wondered how long she should stay here and if she should in fact leave immediately.

But before she could make up her mind, sleep stole over her. She woke some time later feeling mildly achy, but certainly refreshed. She sat up slowly to look around her while ruffling her hair back into place. She was still alone in the room. Leaving her boots on the floor, she padded barefoot to the door, opened it and peered out.

"Hello?"

After a moment, the screech of a chair could be heard down the hall from the room just before he peeked his head out from a doorway.

"Ah. I see your awake now. Need anything to eat or something?"

Ever the lady, she started with this: "I need to pee."

When she was done using the facilities, she walked back to Kyle, head on the swivel taking in everything of her surroundings. She was curious as to how this guy might decorate his dwelling. She walked with an even pace, arms behind her back, mouth closed for once. Right until her stomach made the most interesting grinding sound.

"Food, I need some." She looked to Kyle, her face that of a demanding child.

He glanced at her and nodded lightly as he walked through the door way adjacent from the library and into the tavern and stepped behind the bar.

"Anything in particular you want?"

He then maneuvered himself about behind the bar pulling out various pots pans and utensils as though he were about to begin cooking am extravagant feast.

She had to think. She seated herself atop a stool, legs crossed at the ankles and swinging. She then slouched over the counter top and rested her head in her hands. "Uhm." She thought hard on what she might actually want to eat, as she had no idea. The choice wasn't always given to her and it was hard to just pick something out of the blue.

"Eggs and bacon." Alright, maybe not that hard after all when you have the choice.

He nodded lightly as he disappeared to the back room area and came back out a tad later with eggs and bacon ready to cook.

"Sounds good. And to drink? And how do you want your eggs?"

He then commenced to humming lightly as he threw the bacon on the stove top first.

"Just break them in the pan," she waved off the question. She didn't care how they were cooked, just that they were cooked. As for the drink, she had not yet developed her taste for alcohol, so she simply asked for water. She was feeling rather parched at the moment anyhow.

She waited quietly until the food was ready, trying to ignore the grumbling action in her gut.

He gave a flick of his wrist and a glass floated over by the sink and seemed to fill itself with water then floated itself over to her. A moment later Kyle did the same trick with the eggs and bacon as he turned about and grabbed the glass out of the air and set it on the counter in front of her.

"One water. Eggs and Bacon will be ready in a few. Did you rest well?"

"I slept fine. The bed was soft, not what I'm used to though." She fidgeted now, this was getting too comfortable. Other men usually wanted something for all of this niceness, but she had a feeling this was different and it off set her. She put the glass of water to her lips and started to drink... until she had her hung back and the glass was empty. "Thanks," she mumbled.

He nodded lightly and a few moments later her plate with bacon and eggs floated it's way around his head and landed gently in front of her.

"Enjoy your meal. Feel free to look around when your done. I'll be on the roof arena training. Just go up the stairs there in the hallway. You've already seen my room so that means you've already been in the most private room in this place."

He then turned and walked out from behind the bar and headed out to the hall.

"Tha' wasss your'oom?" She asked through a mouthful of eggs. She swallowed it half chewed. "Well that's awkward now." She shrugged and shoveled more food into her mouth, no point in worrying about it now. "What do you around here, anyhow?" She asked before realizing he had left the room. She ate as quickly as possible and hopped out into the hallway, hoping to catch a glimpse of where he was going.

He silently drew one of his swords as he scaled the stairs and made his way to the center of the arena. Once there he looked towards the sky for a moment before going through slow fluid movements with his sword with a serious look on his face. As he did so he slowly gained speed until his sword movements became mere blurs of glinting steel.

Ilo followed him, licking her lips free of food flavor. She didn't try to subtle; if he didn't want to be followed surely he would say something. She ascended the stairs and crept to a corner of the roof. He was clearly concentrating and he wasn't going to disturb him. She folded her legs beneath her and sat to watch.

He continued silently going through the motions of his swordsman ship before stopping suddenly and glancing at her.

"Do monsters scare you...?"

"I can't say I've met many official monsters. Unless you mean people who are monsters, because then I have met my fair share." She sat indian style on the floor, holding her feet. Rocking as she spoke she seemed physically bored.

"Why?"

He motioned for her to stand and come to him with his hand.

"I need some assistance in containing a voracious bloodthirsty beast. Your future self seemed to have a unspoken liking for combat so perhaps you have it enough to assist me with this task. Think you could offer your assistance?"

She jumped to her bare feet and cracked her knuckles as she paces to his side. "Yea, I think I can handle it." She took a wider stance, shaking her arms loose to limber up. She had a look of expectation on her face that read: This better be fun.

"So what do we got?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus