Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Kyle Ajani Lockhart (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He looked at her and smirked a bit.

"Kinda sorta me...I seized control of the brain to stop his movements...that's why you hear my voice and see my eyes but other signs still remain..."

He then strugglingly lifted his head and looked down his body as his darker skin tone and the spike like protrusions.

"Take care of your wounds now...I would help but well...even when I got the brain it's a pain to hold him in place. I'll hold him as long as I can so you can treat yourself. Also...get behind him...about midway on his tail...there's a soft spot there... It seems like it's a secondary nervous system center like the one in the brain and head area. If you can get to it, grab ahold there and that should render him unable to move period which will help me fully regain control."

He then smiled softly.

"Maybe this explains why your future self seemed to show no fear of me at all...cause your future self knew of this beast and all this info I'm giving you now..."
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Ilo crumpled to the floor in a sit, folding her legs beneath her. She searched her person for something to wrap her arms in and had to make due with the fabric of the short pants she wore beneath her fauld. She made quick work of it; wrapping the cloth tightly enough around her wounds to stop the bleeding. She was now bound up to the spaulders on her shoulders and she flexed her hands to test their use. Once she was sufficiently less bloody, the girl got to her feet and resumed her fighting stance: shield on, mana staff in hand.

"I'm going to get behind him before he's fully back. Hold out as long as you can." Her face was somber now, as she paced behind him, never letting her guard down. He kept speaking of her future self; how well had they known each other? She physically shook the thought from her head and awaited Kyle's release of the beast.

He smiled a bit at her and chuckled weakly.

"Well...it seems your ready. Brace yourself...he seems kinda ticked."

He then closed his eyes in silence. A moment later his eyes opened revealing them to be red again as low growl escaped his throat.

Ilo was only half prepared for the quick conversion from Kyle to Beast. She was hit with the tail before she could brace herself to the ground and she was launched air born. She landed some feet away on her side, bouncing from the force. The wind knocked from her lungs, her body refused to get back on her feet for several moments. She gasped and struggled to guard herself from the lashing tail and the rest of the approaching monster.

He stared at her quietly for a moment as he approached her. His tail lashing about wildly behind him. Every few steps though he would stopped and convulse a bit as he growled in pain.

The girl coughed harshly as her lungs filled with air once more, the pain was something she'd never felt before. It was also one she didn't feel like having again. Irritated, she tried for something she had never done before. A small blade-like weapon formed in her outstretched hand, pooling together from her mana. When it was complete, she tried to detach it from her person and fling it at the Beast's body. The result was more like a kusarigama, bu she was able to move the weapon where she wished so the thing could not be dodged easily.

His gaze locked on the flying weapon for a bit as he simply side stepped to avoid it before having another pain shock. He then jerkily began making his way forward towards her as he slowly and jerkily raised his arms and growled lightly as he approached.

Ilo smiled. She had him right where she wanted him. The fun thing about a kusarigama is that it is attached to a string. So while it may seem like a harmless projectile that would continue it's path until interrupted, it was not so. Ilo pulled her arm down and to the side, a confident grin fixed on her features. The hooked projectile slammed into the back of the beast's head and pitched it forward. There was no edge to the blade, so no wound was made, but the creature was over balanced as she dragged it to the ground.

He growled a bit at the sudden impact and being planted into the ground as his hands flailed around thenback of his head eventually clasping hold of the weapon as he once more stood. He glanced at it a bit then to her before growling once more and giving the projectile a sharp yank to pull her towards him. But before he would be able to capitalize henwas once more hit with a pain this time intense enough to make him drop to one knee.

She was pulled forward before the beast stopped and she let the mana go entirely. She got back to her feet, rubbing her no down scuffed knees. She didn't take the time to look, as she was very confused. The beast kept doing this weird jerking thing... Was it relenting or was Kyle doing something to stop it? She really wasn't sure. Out of caution, she waited before attacking again.

The beast roared again as he shakily got up. He took a staggered step forward before outright falling forward on his face and convulsing violently. Inna manner similar to earlier. This time however the spiky protrusions began to recede little by little as his skin slowly began to return to it's normal color.

"So we're done, then?" Ilo relaxed, which may not have been the best idea because she was not certain this was the end. But what else could it mean for Kyle to regain his human resemblance. She kept her distance instead of walking up to him, waiting to see where this went.

He continued slowly changing back to his normal form. After a moment he just lay there before standing up. His hair was still longer and only one eye was blue as the other remained red.

"There... Thanks to your assistance I have gotten to a point where I'm in total control even if slight signs of that beast remains. Hence my one red eye."

He then smiled a bit.

"I appreciate the help. He's been getting strong lately so I dunno if I could have done this without the external distractions."

Ilo let out a breath she was unaware that she had been holding. She crumpled into a seated position on the roof and rubbed her eyes. "That was tiring. Are you getting all back to yourself soon?" She checked her arms to make sure the bleeding had stopped and slumped forward. The more she allowed herself to rest, the more tired she realized she was.

He nodded lightly.

"I'll fully revert later. Right now I'm maintaining this form to ensure i got good control over that bloodlusting demon."

He then chuckled a bit.

"Just to make sure. But until I fully revert I advise staying on guard around me just in case I slip. About another hour then I'll revert back to normal."

Ilo nodded that she understood. She rubbed her temples. "Are you going inside like that?" She dropped her hands into her lap and frowned like a child. "I'm quite tired again."

He nodded a bit.

"Yes but I'm going to retreat to my meditation chamber so I can fully concentrate so you should be fine to lay down and nap. I'm sure if I do slip any commotion that is made will be sufficient enough to wake you."

He then chuckled weakly before he started to head inside.

Ilo's frown deepened. She didn't feel like lying in a weird room all by herself again. Reluctantly, she headed down the stairs after him, at a distance like she was told to. She trudged back to the room she had been in before, shucked her boots and this time most of her clothing. She actually opened the bed and got under the covers. However, Dream didn't steal her so easily this time. She laid on her back with the sheets pulled up to just under her nose and stared at the ceiling.

He sighed lightly as he went to his own room and stopped as he opened the door and glanced back over his shoulder. After a moment he yelled loud enough for her to hear him.

"After that ordeal, at the very least you deserve a measure of comfort. Come upstairs. You can sleep in my bed tonight. It's a bit more comfortable than those ones. It may be a tad more dangerous cause of my current state but I've got things at least mostly under control so it should be safe."

He then walked into his room leaving the door open should she choose to accept the offer. He quietly made his way to the corner where the teleporting spot was. He then vanished as he was transported to his meditation chamber. He silently stared at the spot that rose from the ground when he stepped on it for a moment before going and sitting on it as it began rising from the ground. He stared at the spot where he teleported in at then sighed lightly as he closed his eyes and folded his arms over his chest.

She blinked as the words reached her, already settled in the bed. Rising slowly, she stepped back on the floor. She wore naught much more than a loose under shirt and the tight breeches she wore under her fauld. Her left arm was still covered, but the metal gauntlet had been removed for comfort. She padded into the hallway and found his room as she was told to. She crept into it slowly, looking around as she did so. She opened this bed as if she would be yelled at if it was ruffled the wrong way. Slipping her legs beneath the covers, she found that it was indeed more comfortable than the other one and she made herself comfortable.

Still, she did not sleep.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus