Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Kyle Ajani Lockhart (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He sighed lightly before lurching a bit and falling from his meditation spot he groaned lightly as he stood back up and rubbed his arm.

"Fine..." he muttered. "I'll deal with you later then."

He then growled a bit as he tensed up for a moment before his one eye returned to normal. After that his hair slowly began shrinking back to it's normal length. He then sighed lightly before silently stepping onto the teleportation spot again going back to his room unsure if she was there or not or if she was even decent for that matter. To be safe, he closed his eyes as he appeared in his room and silently stepped forward a bit.

"You in here? Or even decent in some way for that matter?"
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

"I'm under the covers," she called out. Like before, she had pulled them up to her face and was lying on her back when Kyle emerged. When he spoke to her, she turned to face him, knees pulled up to her chest, half her head visible. Her eyes held the same early lilac glow they always had whilst in the darkness, so he was able to pinpoint her easily.

"Not going the way you hoped it would?" She was quiet, as if she had been sleeping, but her face made her out to be wide awake.

He shook his head quietly for a moment.

"It's going as I wish just not as long as I wish to."

He then sighed a bit as he sat on the edge of the bed and leaned forward a bit resting his forearms on his knees.

"I also want to say thanks. And sorry at the same time."

She watched him in silence, blinking slowly as if he lids were heavy. Eventually, she sat up, the blankets pooling on her lap, her head cocked to the side. "It's alright. It was more exciting than whatever I had in store for today." She placed her hand on his shoulder, gently as if she wasn't sure if that was alright. "Besides, you're letting me stay here, safe and free of charge as far as I know."

Her knees slid up and she leaning over them herself, crossing her arms. She lay her head on them and sighed. "Can't be easy what you're dealing with."

He shrugged a bit then smiled softly as herhand placed on his shoulder.

"Of course I'm letting you stay for free. I ask payment up front to make sure I don't wind up housing any stiffs."

He then glanced over his shoulder a bit.

"It used to be easy...but not so much now as the beast has gotten stronger."

Ilo smiled for him but it quickly vanished. She let out a long breath and closed her eyes. "So are you stuck with that thing forever? How does one acquire such a fun burden?"

He nodded lightly.

"In theory, as it is a separate soul it is possible to remove it but doing so would disable my ability to use wind based magic as it is the source. You'd have to learn about my kind to understand why. As for how we get stuck with it... We are born with it. So everyone with my blood in their veins has it. My brother mainly. I'm not sure if it was passed to my son and daughter though as they are not pureblooded of my kind. They have shown no signs of a beast within them yet."

She was listening, but the heaviness of her lids was increasing as he spoke. She nodded and slowly, her eyes closed and her body swayed. Soon, she was leaning against Kyle, dozing as he spoke.

He felt her fall against him and smiled lightly as he muttered.

"Sleepy head."

He then shifting himself gently leaning back against the headboard of the bed and carefully adjusting her so her head was on his shoulder.

"Sleep well...you earned it."

He then silently sat there for sometime before slowly fading off to sleep himself.

She awoke with a start, her dreams having been too vivid they scared her to awareness. She lifted her head and stared about the room in a dazed confusion, once her initial shock dissipated. She had forgotten where she was briefly and wiped her mouth of a drool line she would never admit to having made. It was then she realized the thing she as leaning on was another person and almost freaked out. She snapped to then and remember where she was, why she was here and who this random man in bed with her was.

What she didn't know was what time of day it was, or how long she'd been asleep.

He looked at her through a now open eye and chuckled softly.

"Sleep good? I hope so."

He then tilted his head forward a bit and started rotating his head a bit.

"Cause sleeping like that gave me a heck of a neck cramp."

"I... I slept well enough." She got all of her weight off him when he spoke of being uncomfortable, and a light blushed danced across her face. "Sorry." She shifted to sit opposite him.

He chuckled softly.

"It wasn't you. It was just leaning against the head board. Are you hungry?"

Her face split into a smile and she cocked her head to the side. "What kind of question is that? I am always hungry." She ran her fingers through her hair quickly, which really didn't help the chaotic mess it had become. Sliding her legs free of the blanket, she stretched her entire body: Arms up, legs out, back arched.

He grinned a bit as he shifted himself a bit and placed his feet on the floor.

"I'll take that as a yes. Anything in particular you want?"

He then slowly stood stretching as he did so.

She hopped to the floor herself, continuing her stretching routine as she did so. "Don't care, just feed me."

She turned to face him, hands resting on her hips.

He chuckled softly as he stopped stretching and headed for the door.

"My. Aren't you demanding."

He then grinned a bit as he headed out the door and down the hall.

She smiled evilly. "There is no way you know me in the future and didn't know that I am demanding. I refuse to believe I get less abrasive with age." She followed him down the hall as they spoke, still wearing her sleeping clothes. She trusted leaving the pile of her other belongings in another room was safe enough. Her wariness had faded somewhat since coming here... She had just shared a bed with the man, after all.

He chuckled a bit as he walked into the tavern.

"Well your still abrasive and demanding. Your just more...tactful about it."

He then walked behind the bar turning on the stove as he passed it and started grabbing things.

She seated herself on a stool and leaning on the counter. Stifling a yawn she responded: "Good to know, I have a goal in life now." She swung her feet as she awaited her meal.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus