Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Kyle Ajani Lockhart (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He silently cracked some eggs and poured them in a bowl before tearing out a small bit of the centers of some slices of bread.

"Glad to be of assistance."

He then chuckled a bit.
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

"You're feeding me. That's always assisting." She watched the process with longing and tried not to drool. Then it occurred to her that she should not stay here much longer... She had to make another rift and take her gold to a safe place, or they might find it. She had become quiet while thinking this.

He shrugged a bit as he threw the bread into the skillet then poured a bit of the eggs into each hole whistling slightly as he did so. After a moment he spoke.

"So...random question for you. Who are you running from?"

She froze for a second, staring straight at him. Then, slowly, her eyes narrowed on him. "Random? That's not random. YOU CAN READ MINDS and you didn't TELL me?" She tried to play the topic off, but it didn't seem to be working. Her eyes shifted to something else.

"Who do you think? I had to get the gold from someone, right?"

He glanced over his shoulder and smirked a bit.

"I may be a fighter but I'm not all brawn. I do have some brains too. It doesn't take a genius to figure out your running from someone. And no worries. I can't read minds. Otherwise I'd probally pick up the obscure mixture of when you'll want to run again...where to...how long you'll stay there and all that mixed with the thoughts of just what do I know about you...well...your future self at least."

He then chuckled a bit as he took a spatula and flipped the bread with eggs combo over as he shrugged a bit.

"It doesn't matter who your running from to me really. I believe your future self and I got along well enough where if nothing else I could say we're friends. And I defend my friends with my life. Stay as long as you wish. If they show up here looking for you, they'll have to get through me first. Me, my three swords, 2 chains, whip, bow and a wide assortment of elemental magic. And to even get to me, they'll have to get through my 4 lines of defense first.

She watched him for a long time in silence. Then, her gaze dropped to her nails, which suddenly needed her attention. "I don't need your help with them." Her tone was sedate and she said no more on the subject. Instead, she waited patiently in silence for her food to be served.

He chuckled softly as he flipped the food out of the skillet and onto a plate.

"Perhaps you don't. But it's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it."

He then turned and set the plate in front of her.

"Consider me your having it...and it's still to be determined if you'll need it."

She ate in silence from then on and when she was done, she pushed the plate towards him and hopped out of her seat. She left the room without a word and disappeared down the hall.

He chuckled a bit as he grabbed the plate and started washing it off.

"Young ones...she'll realize one day that it doesn't hurt to tell someone your secrets and to find out if they are willing to help you. Even if their help may not be needed. Perhaps I should tell her why I could read her so easily..."

She had skulked off the the room she originally inhabited and was sitting on the bed, legs tucked under her. She was organizing her clothes and wondering where a shower might be.. She didn't want to get dressed until she was clean. She lifted her shirt and smelled the fabric.

"Blech." She stripped it off and sighed.

He silently walked out of the tavern and headed down the stairs into the lobby. Once there he would sit on the edge of the desk and wait. He knew she had left her stuff in the other room and figured that's where she most likely went so he chose to wait there in silence as he did have one more thing to tell her.

She sniffed a few other items on her person and dropped them in a pile, groaning. Everything stunk from her fight with the Beast. She got annoyed and dumped it all on the floor, leaving the room in search of Kyle. It was shower time.

"Kyle!"

He sat there on the desk and just stared at her blankly as she came out yelling his name. The gaze held on his face was one of knowing and understanding. Much different than the one he held when he was talking to her earlier. That's all he did though. Just sat there and stared at her.

She realized she was only half dressed, but she didn't care. "I need to shower." She stood in the doorway, hip jut out, arms crossed under her chest, face defiant. "Badly!" She was wearing her shorts and a breast band and she waited for his response with a sour expression. Although, he didn't seem like he was going to respond...

He silently pointed to the stairs as he closed his eyes.

"My room. Back wall. Hidden door. Pull the candlestick."

He then stood up off the desk.

"In order to ensure survival against the hunter, the hunted must stick together."

He then opened his eyes as one had now turned red then slowly faded to an off-white color.

"Uh...Thanks?" She was staring at his eye, unsure as to what exactly it was doing... She had half turned to leave the room before she paused to ask:

"Are you going to be okay? Your eye is doing some.. interesting things."

He looked at her with a confused look.

"My eye...? It's doing something...? What? Did it turn red?"

He was quite clearly confused as he looked at her as his eye slowly went back to red then back to his normal blue.

"Explain what you mean later...i have some stuff I wanna talk to you about to explain why I asked what I did upstairs...but go take your shower first."

He would then sit down in the chair at the desk and start working on paperwork in front of him.

Her expression soured when he had no idea what she was talking about: that was not a good sign at all. She nodded and almost left the room again, but remember something else before she did.

"I need to clean my clothes, and maybe borrow something to wear in the mean time?" She lifted her brows and offered a small grin before actually leaving. She found the shower right where he said it would be and stripped off his remaining clothing. They were left on the floor as she stepped under the warm water.

He would turn and look at her in silence for a moment then grinned back.

"My daughter is about your size. She's never home anymore anyways so you can borrow some of her clothes. Just throw that back on when you get out and I'll take you to her room so you can change and what not."

He then turned back to the paperwork as this time, still unbeknownst to him, both of his eyes changed to red then the off white color for a moment before returning to normal.

She found it curious that he had a daughter and she'd not seen another soul in the house since she arrived. As the shower's spray washed over her, she dismissed these thoughts. As open as Kyle was with her, he would always have some mystery about him. It was the same with every man she'd ever gotten close to. When she was sufficiently bathed, she turned the water off and stepped out on to the floor, looking for a towel. She crossed the room to get one and dried herself slowly, reveling in the sweet sensation of cleanliness.

Reluctantly she pulled her dirty clothes on and gathered the rest. She returned to Kyle, her hair in wet straggles around her face. "Okay. Clean clothes, please."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Darkness In The Soul (1x1) [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus