Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

Lyra immediately fell asleep when she could. She snuggled into the cloak that had been placed over her, and entered the world of her dreams. She woke up at every slight noise, but fell asleep just as quickly. Every now and then, she checked around the fire, but there was never anything there. She thought she could see legs, but she thought it was just paranoia. Once or twice she woke to check or change the bandage on her face and neck, or to check that her staff was still there. It always was, and she fell into a dreamless sleep until morning. All the squirrels and birds had gone to sleep, and the only noises were the crackling of the fire, crickets, and the rustling of the trees.

The sun rose above the trees, and Lyra opened her eyes, still a little bit groggy. She dug around in her pack for some food, and found some stale bread from the day before. She scanned around for anything better to eat, and finding nothing, shrugged and stuffed it in her mouth.
~

"Do Husks dream of artificial sheep?" Randle thought as he watched his companions fall into a deep, seemingly comfortable slumber. Back in Firnland he'd considered giving sleeping a shot, but thanks to the loads of work and theories that bothered him until the sun rose again, the straw-filled sack on the platform never got properly used. Ah, and how Allis used to complain about him pacing around until the early hours. He imagined that she'd been glad if he were to go out for a few days, enjoying a good night's rest and all..
But now, he had all the time of the world to try it out and see what it was like to sleep and dream like his fellow - or, well somewhat fellow - mortals. The sleuth closed his silver eyes and rested his head against the cavern's cold stone wall. Now, breathe, and stop thinking. No more thoughts, no more pondering. Just darkness and tranquility.

It didn't work. Not at all. When Randle opened his eyes to check out where the shuffling noises were coming from, he realized that he'd been goofing off for hours without even dozing off for a tiny bit. He groaned and pinched his nose bridge with his index finger and thumb. What a waste of time.
Forgetting to check up on his troupe, the grayish cougar crawled through the entrance and sat down on the mossy forest floor, inhaling the crisp air. Shortly after dawn, the shower had stopped, yet its petrichor was still fresh. Indulging the scents, colors and ambiance of the Woods, Randle stayed outside for quite a while, but eventually he realized this wasn't a forest vacation. Queen Haelga still awaited Xeilius ever so crucial answer, and there was no time to lose. He got up and squeezed himself through the roots. Especially with an injured gal on their side. Goddess knew how deep those wounds were, but either way, she needed the well-deserved attention of a healer. A damned shame..
The Husk sat down by the fire again and saw that Lyra was chewing on a tasteless, old slice of bread. Randle clasped his hands together, rubbed some warmth into his knuckles and turned to his lupine companion. "Mornin'," he said, not too sure if she would ever forgive what he'd done to her last night.
Rose (played by Foxy_TheWarrior)

Foxy fell down on Randle
(( I'm sorry, but where did she come from? And why does she suddenly appear out of nowhere and drop on Randle? ))

((Whoops, sorry))

((Isn't she back at the castle?))
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

I awaken from my slumber and find Lyra and Randle already awake. "Did I sleep in?" I yawned and stretched, my bones popped in a satisfying and relieving way. I look at my shoulders and sigh, they looked worse but felt better. I looked at the dead fire and around the forest, the bear was still lying on the road and my weapon still lies by my side. I get up and wall over to Lyra, who was eating stale bread and still was on the ground. "How are you feeling? Do you still need a ride?" I ask in a caring voice as I loft the cloak from her to see the wounds.

((I thought that she was. She never showed up at all through the last many posts we made.))

Lyra turned to Vil. "No, I think I'm good now," she stretched, and patted the bandages over her nose. "I can walk, at least. Everyone ready?" She looked at the group, and wondered when Randle had slept. He was awake every time she had woke up. She grabbed her staff and stood up, still a little tired. She held the cloak out to Vil. "Is this yours? I fell asleep too fast to know," she smiled.

"Actually, it isn't. I think it was Dylan's... but when I returned it, he never took it back." I laughed a little while I took it back. "Guess he forgot it!" I smile as I wrap it around my stuff and wear it as a pack. "I'm ready when you guys are." I look at Lyra and Randle before moving out. I grab my weapon and attach it to my back, along with the quiver. I kick the fire pit a bit, covering it in dirt and making no trace that a fire was there just in case we had unwanted guests like the Wolven Beasts or the orcs. Even scavengers would follow us if we had something of value on us. "We shouldn't be able to track now... Unless a detective is following us!" I laugh a bit to my joke, then stop and collect myself. I look around and try to locate where we were, but the thing about the forest is everything looks the same no matter where you look. So it's best to stay on the trail.
~

Despite claiming to be not much of a warrior, Lyra certainly was a tough gal as it turned out when Vil asked about her wounds. She acted really cool about it and casually turned down the offer to take another wolf-back ride, convinced she was good enough to go. That was when Randle suddenly wondered what her deal was. Aside from her normal looking human body and face, her lupine ears and tail were intriguing, to say the least, and the sleuth could've sworn that the tricks she pulled off with that rod of hers last night were, too, of the supernatural kind.
His female comrades prepared themselves for the continuation of the journey, returning cloaks to their owners and kicking dust into the fire until it was nothing more than a heap of smoldering ash. "We shouldn't be able to track now... Unless a detective is following us!" Vil jokingly said, giggling. A chuckle came from the Husk's grayish muzzle, and he got onto his feet, ritually dusting off his trench coat.
"Oh, if you only knew how horrible I am at shadowing people," he responded, a bit amused. Detectives were supposed to perceptive and cunning, rather than trained stalkers. Every now and then, some eavesdropping was involved, yeah, but it was less common than a negotiation of interrogation with a violent ending. The changeling looked around the forest after that short interaction, scanning the tree trunks and the lush undergrowth below them. These Woods truly were eternal; a never-ending mass of some of nature's finest flora. A shame the same thing couldn't be said about the wildlife. Randle touched the deep 'scars' on his chest and sighed. Damned bears.

Trees, trees and rocks. The mixed bag of changelings, lupines lasses and artificial sleuths had came across a hill, and apparently, it was part of the route, since the road that they were walking on lead them up the hill. Randle ensured that his crossbow was still tied to his baldric and started climbing the steep, rocky hill, holding on to rocks that were littering the ridiculously placed road. He looked down, at his companions, and wondered if they would be able to keep up with a cougar, who were, after all, made for this kind of stuff.
(( Hey guys, this will probably be my last post, I'll be able to respond on Friday again. You are hereby allowed to control Randle a little, I can't write a full post, but I can describe his possible actions and reactions in a OOC post. See you guys later! ))

((Okay!))
As they started climbing, the forest seemed eerily silent. Their foot steps crunched the rocks on the ground, but that was the only sound they could hear. "What would a detective follow us for?" They turned a corner, and the gurgling of a small creek nearby could be heard, and Lyra turned her ears toward the sound.

I look at Lyra after her question, "I don't know... It was a joke." I say awkwardly. "Unless those Wolf's are serious about finding us." that was serious. If they really didn't want us helping the Kingdom of Wood they may go all out. The sound of silence filled the air until I heard the soothing sound of a creek or river. While we kept walking, I poked at my shoulder wounds. I hiss in pain and look at them closely. It looked like they were getting slightly infected and more irritated. "Damn bear..." I hushly said under my breath. I didn't know any animals that could heal fast, but if I did, I would change into it.

Foxy yelled for Vil, she was covered in bandages

Lyra winced, the bandages rubbing against her nose. She unwrapped them and reached in her bag for a small package of paste. She dabbed some of it on carefully, then rewrapped the bandage. She held some out to Vil. "Want some? It'll help heal it."

I look over at Lyra as she offered bandages for my wounds. "I am sure I'll manage, but thanks for offering!" I smile and run my arm, which was once broken but now feels normal. As we walk, the woodsy air fills my lungs and the sound of birds fill my ears. The path was ending and turning into a stone pavement. "We may be getting close." I say as we reach a stone wall. I look up and see wooden spikes and barbwire across the rim and spikes on the bottom in patches. There were dummies with shields and a couple of dogs walking back and forth. "Or so I thought..." I whisper as I crouch behind a bush before they could see me and I peer through. "I'm down with whatever. Take them down or sneak past?" I ask Lyra and Randle as I reach for my weapon.

The pat-pat of Lyra staff turned into a click-click as they neared the gates. "Hmm, I think we should sneak," Lyra said quietly. "Don't want to ask any favors when we've just killed a bunch of people," she said, holding her staff with both hands so it didn't touch the floor. Off to the side, there was a big, heavy metal doors that were locked. "Well, we can't get through there," A few feet to the right, there was a patch with no barbed wire, but it was so high that Lyra didn't think they could reach it, even if they stood on top of each other. There was a big log with the bark falling off it nearby, and Lyra walked over to it. "Maybe we could do something with this," she commented. If I was in my wolf form, I could just dig under. But they don't know I'm a werewolf, and I plan to keep it that way. And besides, how would Randle get through?

She paced around, glancing around every now and then to see if there was any way they all could get through. Under the patch with no barbed wire, the was a patch of dirt that seemed to be hastily scraped over, as if someone had just been through. "You think that will work?" Lyra indicated with her tail to the patch. "We could do something with that, maybe dig it out or something," Don't do anything stupid. Don't volunteer to dig. Shut up. Your ideas are horrible anyway.She tore her gaze away from the dirt. Wait, no. Come up with a good idea or else they'll think you're stupid. She opened her mouth. "What if," but her voice trailed off when she realized one of the dogs had come out the side and was trotting toward them. It didn't seem aggressive as it came closer, tail and nose in the air. "Um, at least it's not trying to kill us," she said, not knowing to trust her instinct and pet the dog, or be defensive toward it. She stood still as it came over and thoroughly sniffed her. "Good dog, nothing to see here. Don't alert, we're friendly," she muttered, and gave in. The brown and black dog gave her hand a friendly lick before settling down a few feet away from them, lay down, and began licking himself. "Maybe we can see where it came through," Lyra said, an idea finally popping into her head.

I look around a little more before a dog came about. I gasp in shock, I had thought it was going to sound an alarm, but I thought wrong. Lyra patted it's head and it licked her hand, the dog galloped away to the other side, "Well then." I say, astonished at the fact that the dog didn't go 'Attack-Mode' on her. She said we might be able to find out where it came from. "Okay. I will shadow behind." I look at the walls once more before going with her and Randle, just in case there was a weak spot I didn't see before. So far, I couldn't see anything, so I shadowed them behind in case we had followers or if that dog came back. The entrance was big and made of wood with steel bars holding it together. Spikes had bead bodies of burnt people. Their faces were so scarred, I couldn't tell if they were of my kind or if they were elvish. I come out and walk to them and look around with Lyra for an opening that the dog could fit through.

Lyra stared at the heads on the spikes, their faces frozen in terror. "Is that how they treat outsiders?" she smiled humorlessly, and continued searching along the walls, which seemed to go on forever. Lyra sighed. They were never going to get through at this rate. The dog, sitting a few feet away, raised it's head and looked at them. "What do you want?" Lyra asked under her breath. She tapped her fingers on her leg, searching for a way in. "If we drag that log," she pointed to the mass of sticks and leaves she had noticed before, "over there," she gestured to a low part of the wall, hesitated and said, "never mind. It's not tall enough anyway,"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus