Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

~

"I can go with Randle to see Queen Haelga," Lyra suggested, and Randle was both surprised and pleased by the brave tone in her voice. That tone and attitude was exactly what they needed, especially during these dark hours. Her amber gaze then turned to the vixen - whose name was still unknown to him, but wasn't really important anyway since they barely spoke during their random encounters -, asking her to ensure something not happening again. Was she talking about treason? The fox didn't look like a criminal, but as he had discovered earlier in his career, most of them weren't to be trusted.
It became clearer later on, when Vil, who got comfortable on the slightly bloodstained cot, mentioned an attack but confidently stated she were still able to defend herself. Good. And even if that wouldn't be the case, they had to keep in mind that Fjoldr was an army doctor and could break bones while naming them. Ah, they would be fine.
"Let's not waste any time then. I'm sure Haelga's delighted to see us," he spoke with a sarcastic chuckle in the end of his sentence. If she would keep her foot down, the sleuth would be delighted as well to leave her hanging.
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

"Mhm," Lyra muttered as she strode out the door into the cold night air. She shuddered, glad to be away from all the needles and surgical tools. "How will we get in the castle? The fight's still happening," she said to Randle. The rain had slowed, and now the only sounds were the fighting in the distance and their footsteps on the stone paths. She rummaged in her pack, which had survived the rain, found a wrapped piece of cheese, and nibbled on it while they walked. As the yells and clashing sounds got louder, Lyra began to get more and more anxious. What if they were hurt? What if Queen Haelga is dead? What if they all got killed by the end of the night? If Haelga is really mad at us, she could just throw us out, and an arrow or sword is bound to kill us one way or another. But she kept these worries to herself, not wanting to disturb Randle. "Do you know what happened to Vil?" she asked him.
~

The icy droplets that once turned him into a soaking mess before he could say 'rain', had turned into tiny drips that barely wetted his muzzle. Nevertheless, the bitter winds that blew from the mountains chilled even a creature like him to the bone.
"How will we get in the castle? The fight's still happening," Lyra asked when her clearly superior canine ears caught the noise of the struggle. Though there was no Dire nor guardsman in sight, Randle heard it too when he focused; the muffled cries of outgunned soldiers who found their death in the maw of a beast, followed by the unholy chanting of their ruthless Beastmasters, forcing them to fight on.
"Queen Haelga's the main target in this battle, so these men will do all they can to prevent these dogs from getting their paws on her. As long as this line stands, the castle's still out of enemy hands." Or not. Maybe his horrible hunch was right and these men, who appeared to be the last ones standing, were actually just defending themselves after the tragic fall of their beloved Queen.
Either way, they had to hurry. Accelerating his pace, Randle climbed up the first marble and stone steps of the path leading them to the palace, making sure Lyra was still keeping up. Nearing the end of the stairs, where the pale floor of polished birch wood announced the border of the royal area, the mysterious wolven girl spoke again, with a more personal concern making her voice sound worried.
"Do you know what happened to Vil?" So they split up after he went looking for the non-touristic route? The Husk's ear made a twitch. No wonder their whole plan went broke down.
"You tell me," he responded harsher than he meant to. "I was hanging from the city walls by the time you guys retreated.. I take you didn't find an entrance, then?" Maybe it had something to do with that weird vixen. Along with her antisocial behavior, strange acts and her suspiciously and incredibly fast recovery, she didn't seem like a trustworthy person. Not at all.

Lyra finished the last morsel of cheese and continued walking. Slightly reassured by Randle's answer, she walked onto the steps. "Um, well, kind of. We got in, but they started shooting at us, so we had to leave." Lyra said, looking back down at Randle's harsh tone. "Vil and I got separated shortly after, and when I found her again, she was weak and looked like she was going to faint. I think the vixen fainted also, I hope whatever's affecting Vil doesn't spread. Um, did you get her name?" Lyra said, embarrassed so have spent so much time with the fox and not even know her name.
Rose (played by Foxy_TheWarrior)

Foxy slowly started to wake up and she sniffed for Lyra, then she followed the sent from Lyra
~

"Um, well, kind of. We got in, but they started shooting at us, so we had to leave. Vil and I got separated shortly after, and when I found her again, she was weak and looked like she was going to faint. I think the vixen fainted also, I hope whatever's affecting Vil doesn't spread. Um, did you get her name?" That damned vixen. How did that girl just appear out of nowhere to steal the show? The more he thought about it, the more she seemed like a threat.
"It was a damned Wolf Spider, I'm afraid," he said in a grave voice. Wolf Spiders were nasty creatures that barely showed their hairy backsides these days, but apparently the Kingdom of Ember never bothered exterminating them. "You could call it a miracle that Vil's still alive, most mortals drop dead in half an hour." Maybe Vil was stronger than most. It surely seemed like she was. "Now, I do hope the Queen's-.." Panting and fast footsteps on the stone staircase.
Randle turned his eyes towards the creature that had followed them, his hand already groping for his dagger.. Wait, was that the vixen?! A growl left his mouth as he came closer, fueled by frustration, and picked the foxen girl up by her shirt. "What the hell are you doing here? You're supposed to stay with Vil, damn it!" Some folks told him he was intimidating, and Randle thought that was quite a shame, since he was harmless most of the time. But when brats like the vixen got onto his nerves, he thought he had the right to intimidate them like this.

Her nose was twitching, sniffing around for enemies near them. "We're clear" She said to them with her ears down. "Lyra, my name is Foxy too, Foxy The Warrior fox, but people just call me Foxy for short. Randle let me go!" She growled, trying to keep herself calm.
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

I roll over and awaken myself. It appears the room was still lit, but not very. I get up and stretch, I don't know how long I had slept, but it sure helped a bit. I could finally stand without falling over or getting the worst headache. I grab the mirror to see the progress of the bite, my eyes have cleared to their natural milky white and no red tint to them. The bite seemed to have drained itself and it is now just a small spider bite. Though, it was still red and irritated, my viens have gone away and I can no longer see them. I looked around for the She-Fox, who was not in the room. "Great company indeed..." I mumble with a growl. As I was indeed better, I couldn't change into the red head, or any of my other forms. I sit back down, knowing if I try to catch up with the others, I couldn't fight, I would kill myself doing it. Although, the air in here was getting stale, maybe I could get some air? I look around for the nearest window and find none I could open. I walk to the door and step out for a minute, inhaling the fresh air that was, sadly, filled with blood and foul smells. I quickly get back inside when I see some orcs coming up, maybe scouts? They damn sure didn't look like scouts, more like barbarians! There were three, if I were strong enough I could take them, even without my powers, but this spider bite would wear me down in an instant. I put a chair to the door in case they saw me and decided I was worth their time. I walk back into the other room and grab a book with an old cover and read it. It was the only thing I could do since I couldn't fight. Otherwise, is be out there slicing and dicing!

Lyra turned. The she-fox had followed them, and Randle had grabbed her. "Foxy, do as you're told. Unless your wounds have healed, you should stay with Vil." she said sternly. "You don't want to get hurt," she added. She didn't know what the deal was with the fox. First, she had followed them to the Kingdom of Ember, attacked Vil when she easily could have been killed, and now she was following them right into the thick of battle. Did she want to get herself killed? Suddenly, a thought popped into her head. What if Foxy was following her? Before the fox could go, she asked her, "What do you want with me? Why are you following me all the time?" But before she could reply, something slammed into her, knocking her down.

"Look out Randle!" She yelled as she struggled a bit
~

She didn't answer. They never did. Randle tightened the grip he had on Foxy's shirt, lifting her higher while his aggressive grimace turned even darker. Wait.. what was he.. What the hell was he doing?!
The realization that anger had once again ruled his actions hit him like a ton of bricks. While the vixen kept on blabbing, he softly put her down, suddenly so mellow and cooled off that he didn't even bother asking why the hell she knew his name, as he barely knew her. Hm, and he wanted to keep it that way.
"What do you want with me? Why are you following me all the time?" Lyra became more and more confident, it seemed. She was nothing like the insecure, innocent mess that Dylan had tossed across the room a few days ago. They were getting somewhere! Yet at the very moment they would get some crucial answers, a shadowy shape came out of the blue and knocked the lupine girl off her feet.
Roaring furiously, the creature had smashed its head against railing of the wooden bridge, shattering the ornamented birch parapet to bits. Its glossy green scales were covered in dust and blood, just like its maw, filled with gleaming teeth. He knew that blank, spiked face!
"Back up, ladies! This poor snake here's a little uptight.." Who didn't know the kind serpent that inhabited the Kingdom of Wood's Palace Tree? But what the hell was it doing way out here? Its claws and fangs reeked with the blood and flesh of the Dires, which meant that the dragon had decided to take the fight to the invaders himself. "Easy there, Serp.. We're not gonna hurt ya.." He stretched out his hand and slowly approached the dragon, that was still breathing heavily.

Foxy backed up in fear, her main fears were dragons and wolves that kill. "Who is this?" She asked Randle in fear

As the world blinked in and out of focus, Lyra saw that she had been knocked aside by some kind of dragon thing. She looked to Randle for instructions, but he had turned to the snake. Too dizzy and scared to talk, she tightened her grip on her staff. It probably wouldn't do much good, seeing as what happened to the bridge, but it was her only defense. Where were the other soldiers? Had they been taken out by the Dires? And where were they Dires, anyway? The sounds of fighting had seemed so clear before. The serpent fixed it's gleaming eye on them, rearing up to attack again. Breathing heavily and leaning on her staff, Lyra pushed herself off the ground. The bruise that Dylan have given her, the cut on her nose, and the various cuts and scrapes that she had just received suddenly seemed more painful. Because she was leaning on it, the staff was driven into the ground, sending the serpent falling to where they were. Crap, I didn't mean to do that. She yanked her staff out of the ground and stood weakly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus