Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Rose (played by Foxy_TheWarrior)

Foxy ran over to Vil
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

"Okay," Lyra said simply. She understood, because she couldn't transform that much either. Vil mumbled something that made Lyra look at her. "What?" Vil seemed wobbly on her feet. Lyra pricked up her ears, listening for danger. As Vil's head flopped over, Lyra caught her sword in her mouth and gently placed it on the ground. She stepped back and transformed again. She could do more to help in her human from. She shook Vil, the beginnings of a migrane happening. "Vil! Wake up!"

Foxy would limp over to Lyra on all four of her legs
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

It had finally happened, I fell over and almost passed out. "I...... I need the physician.... T-the castle isn't far.." I weakly said, my cloak had moved and revealed half of my face. I was too weak to care, that spider wasn't ordinary. It had to have been enchanted somehow, or maybe I didn't see it's markings clearly. It could have been a recluse and I didn't realize, the venom spread and took effect fast. I tried to get up, but my arms would collapse. My body had become paralyzed and I couldn't say anything else. My mumbles were over taken by the sound of the rain. 'Am I dying?' I thought, 'Could be possible... No, I won't let that happen.' My thoughts were fast and my entire body was tingling, I started to drift off, but had to try my best to stay awake. My powers were useless, and ineffective. I couldn't move at all and my milky white eyes were beginning to close. I couldn't fight it anymore, I passed out.
It was all black. I had awoken, but it wasn't in reality. "Hello? Can anyone hear me?" I said, foolish of course, no one could hear me. My voice was blurred out like I was in water. I knew that this spider bite was too close to my brain, and I could die quickly if my body got too weak. All of a sudden, a burning sensation started to arise on my neck. I pressed my hand against it, my hand burned a little. I looked down and saw a puddle of water, able to reflect my face. I saw it, my face was turning pale white, the whites of my eyes where turning red as my pupil and iris stayed a milky white. From where the bite took place, my veins were showing and dark, the bite itself was oozing and an irritated red. The water turned black, just like everything else and I laid my back on the ground. Everything was silent, I could still hear the outside and I couldn't do anything. The only thing I had left to do was wait until I die, or until I survive this God-awful Kryptonite.

Foxy started to shake Vil, she was really scared about Vil

Lyra's heart started beating faster as she heard the word physician. "I promise I'll get you there, but that's all," she said, gritting her teeth. She wished she hadn't transformed so soon, as she could have carried Vil on her back. She slowly picked her up, staggering under the weight. It had started to rain, making matters worse, and she walked through the underbrush, trying not to fall. A great grey mass appeared in her sights. It was the castle. She started running, quickly and carefully trying not to drop Vil.
"Hey! You over there! What are you doing!" A soldier that seemed twice as high as Lyra had appeared, and was running towards her. Gasping for breath, she managed to say, "Wait, she's been injured and needs a," she hesitated. Come on, say it, you freak. "a d-doctor." She looked up at the soldier, who was staring down at Vil. "Can't. We're under attack. Can't you see that?" He started to turn away, but Lyra pushed past him into the city. Running up and down the alleyways, she searched for someone that would help.

Foxy followed Lyra
~

Damn it! Caught like a fish in an iron fyke. Randle grabbed the rusty bars and gave them a rather fruitlessly yank, moving nothing more than the cage itself, that began rocking back and forth like a cradle from hell. How could this have happened?! The sleuth grumbled and let go of the bars, leaning back and resting his head against the flat, metal bars of his lockup.
A gibbet. That was what they called these things. A damned instrument of torture and public humiliation in which those Ember-goons left thugs to rot, or in this case, locked an innocent man. He sighed. Chances were that those Ember Kingdom huntsmen had lost their lives to the fangs and claws of the Dires, and that Xeilius rage towards Queen Haelga was misplaced. But as long as he was trapped in here and his companions didn't find a way into the city, he would embrace that fiery wrath of his and make the situation over at The Kingdom of Wood even worse. Time was their enemy, and no men, women or children would be spared if the Sage Dires succeeded into infiltrating the city. No one would be.

Dark clouds descended from the mountains, washing over the treetops like waves of cold and rain. A soft drizzle announced the second shower the Kingdoms were to deal with, and after a while it came. Droplets ran across his face and soaked his clothing in no time, accompanied by strong winds that even made the guardsmen on the walls shiver beneath their layers of leather and mail. Yet there was something about this downpour that Randle found incredibly unsettling. It wasn't real. He'd watched the skies from the beginning of the day, and no scents nor colors had indicated a storm. When the wind began howling louder and louder, the Husk pressed his knees against his chest and tried to concentrate. All breezes carried scents on them, like a letter full of local information for those who had animal-like senses. He recognized the smell of wet soil, ferns, grass.. rotting wood. The Husk closed his eyes. There was more. No one but a Wielder could summon rain, so if he were to catch his or her scent he could-..
Thunder. Randle lift his head and watched the silver bolts flash through the clouds. And along with the violent lightning, another scent filled his nose. Vil and Lyra, but apparently on the run, as the wind blew towards the castle and brought smells from down the road. Damn, what happened to 'em? He got hold of the bars again and sniffed. Venom.. oh Goddess.. His grayish muzzle touched the rusty metal, ignoring the bitter taste of the corrosion. Whatever had happened to them, they were to go back to Haelga and her lot as soon as possible. To hell with Xeilius then, no more diplomatic missions for them!
Fueled by distress and concern, Randle came up with a plan. A rather morbid one, but at this moment, anything would do. Making his gibbet rock back and forth again, the sleuth made it eventually crash against the wall, bending some bars slightly, until one of them exposed a terrible sharp shard that would even penetrate the thickest hide. Exactly what he needed. Without much hesitation, the Husk stabbed the heel pad of his left hand, grunting when the artificial pain hit him. And finally.. his blood began flowing.

Unholy lava, colored fiery red and as bright as Hellfire - which it was, but in liquid form -, melted through the bars and set the grass beneath the cage afire. Just a little more.. Randle focused and ignored the searing pain his hand, and kept on pushing until the cage had partially melted and formed a hole big enough for him to squeeze through.
Fearlessly, the escaped bloodhound jumped all the way down - it was way deeper than he'd imagined - and broke his fall by making a semi-suave roll in the mud. Covering his wound with it as he got up, Randle also winded some of the ripped sheets from his pockets, then glancing at the Ember Outpost one last time before he ventured back into the Woods. Xeilius had been given a chance, and now that he messed it up, they had more pressing matters to attend to. The Sage Dires were still out there, hungry and savage as ever. They had a Kingdom to save!

The small werewolf ran along the deserted streets, catching glimpses of scared children's faces through the window as she held the only friend she had ever had in her arms. Near the center of the city, growls of the wolves and screams of the citizens could be heard. She looked up at the rain, it soaking her clothes and bandages and blurring her vision. She suddenly found herself by the healer that Randle had taken Vil before. She didn't think they would let her in, but she didn't have any other ideas. What if they refuse? What if they don't remember us? What if... As thunder crashed around her, She raised her fist to the door and knocked. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears for a few agonizing seconds passed. Slow footsteps walked to the door, and Lyra could only assume they were looking through the keyhole. She heard the click of a key being inserted, and slowly, the door opened a crack. A hand motioned her in, and she assumed it was Fjoldr, not having gotten a good look at him earlier.

"Hey, um. Sorry for intruding, but uh, she just passed out," She looked down at Vil in her arms. "She was away for a while and when she came back, she seemed tired and weak, and she just kind of fell," Lyra broke off abruptly as she realized she was rambling. "Can you help?"
~

Arriving at the city gates, Randle could see nothing but devastation as far as the eye reached. Most of the walls around the massive wooden doors were torn down to piles of debris and dust, and the bodies of dozens of guardsmen were scattered around the battlefield. No Dires were among them. Not a single villain had been slain here.
His sheer concern brought another frown to his face. Goddess.. not one of the poor bastards here had been spared. He often wondered what the idea around the slaughtering was, but now, he realized that wasn't an ideal those savages pursued. They were bloodthirsty madmen, driven by pointless wrath, whose desire was to maul, break and slay every mortal in their path. It was a miracle the Beastmaster's themselves never put an axe in one another's skull. Randle sighed. Too bad they never did.

Lyra's scent was fresh here.. Ignoring the overruling smell of fresh blood and smoke, the sleuth crossed the town's square and walked up to Fjoldr's store, where the trail had ended. He stopped for a moment. So it was that bad, wasn't it? She couldn't just puke it out. It was more than a simple poison..
The soaked Husk crouched to reach the humble little doorway and gave the doorknob a tug. Locked tight. Randle glanced through the hazy windows and saw three colored silhouettes leaving the main room, probably on their way to the medic's chamber. Well, he wouldn't want to interrupt them, now would he? He took out a lockpick and placed the tiny iron shard in the lock, fiddling around with his knife and the 'pick until a loud click inviting him in.
Opening the door without causing too much of a creaking concert, his silver eyes looked around the store. All clients had returned to their homes after the Guards send out the announcement, but the dimly lit room was as stuffed as ever. Avoiding brittle bottles and expensive-looking wineglasses, he made his way to the surgeon's area, until..
Hell, did he smell Wolf Spider venom there..? He swallowed in apprehension. Damn, Vil got it bad...

Foxy was with them, she was crying for Vil to wake up.

I sat in silence, for what felt like years. I could hear my organs moving around, that is how quiet it was. Air started to brush against my face as if I was going up. And it proved to be true, I could see a small light. My eyes hurt, they felt like they were throbbing. I guess that was the effect of the venom spreading in my head. I went fast by the second, was I awakening? My head started to scream in pain. I held my head as it throbbed, tears coming to my eyes. When I came back into consciousness, I jolted up and let out a yelp, "Ah!". My eyes constricted to the immediate change in lighting. My neck was still soar and the pain form jolting up so fast had caught up with me, I lye back down, "Ungh... Wha- How did we get here?" I ask, calmly and muffled. I looked to Lyra who was in the room, and the She-Fox who was as well. I glanced at Randle, who was at the entrance. I looked up at the ceiling, sighing and grunting. "I passed out didn't I? Were you guys able to get to Xeilius?" I asked, looking over as I grabbed a mirror to look at the wound. It was still quite bad, but not as bad as I thought it to be. It had gone down and drained half way, my veins were still visible but only by a bit. My eyes still were red in the whites and had red tint on my lid and under-lid. I felt the wound and flinched, it sill hurt like hell. I sit the mirror down and get up slowly, holding my head as it produced a headache.
~

Shortly after Fjoldr extracted the remaining poison from her spine, a pained yelp came from Vil's mouth as she sat up and was overwhelmed by the sudden transition from unconsciousness to reality. Randle's acute hearing caught her throbbing, panicked heartbeat, and again, he swallowed in anxiously. He was no healer, but if the changeling hadn't received this medical attention in time, he was damned sure she'd been done for. The sleuth walked up to the people surrounding the weakened gal, staying silent until she asked that one question he was ashamed to hear.
"Were you guys able to get to Xeilius?" Was she still dreaming? Didn't she realize how badly their plan had backfired? Randle blinked and exhaled, sitting down on a few wooden crates next to the cot Vil was lying on. He clasped hands together, but put them in his pockets shortly after, still with an embarrassed and remorseful expression on his face.
"Vil, it doesn't matter anymore.." he started, remembering the ruined city and the piles of innocent corpses vividly. "Even if we had reached Xeilius without getting our backsides captured or killed, we'd been too late anyway." As he recalled, the Wraith had been in cahoots with the Sage Dires, so he figured the damned cold-skin snitched on their plans. Chances were the Dires had been lurking around the corner ever since they left Haelga's palace, waiting for them to leave so they could attack the Kingdom behind their backs.

I looked over to Randle as he spoke, I put my hand to my head. "Son of a b*tch..." I mumble under my breath. We had been too late, that wraith already knew of the plans. He leaked it out to the enemy and for all I know, Haelga could be dead. 'I shouldn't have gotten so pissed... I should have killed that son of a b*tch on the spot!' I thought to myself. I let out a sigh of anger and sadness, the spider filled my mind. If I had gotten out the venom then- no! If I hadn't have found that damned fox... If I hadn't of found her, she would be dead. As much as I wanted to leave and wile out that entire den of scum, I was too weak and the venom hasn't completely been evacuated from my body. It would be suicide. I lean my back against the wall, my facial expression had a resting b*tch face. I looked past all of them, not wanting to make eye contact in fear of intimidation. I sat in silence and only thought of the worst.

Lyra shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "So, the Dires are still out there," she said. Her gaze shifted to the red-furred fox. "Why did you attack Vil back there?" she asked tiredly. She looked out the window. The rain was still pouring, and flashes of thunder pierced through the night sky. "What do we do now?" She slumped against the wall.
~

This was one of those few situations in which even Randle felt like all hope was lost. Yet another plan was in the making, so to improve his concentration, the Husk pointed his silver gaze at the dull wall, focusing on all the fuzz in his mind. Every thought and idea could make a difference.
Almost slumbering away in his pondering, a sloppy plan came to mind. It was the least he could do, despite not really liking it. "At least two of us have to go and see if Haelga's still alive," he said after being quiet for a while. The sleuth got up and looked at his companions, a little spark of hope burning brightly in his heart. "And then.. well, I guess we have to take the fight to the Dires ourselves." It was for the best that Vil stayed with Fjoldr, as her condition was far from stable and even if it was, she was still vulnerable. He glanced at the vixen for a moment, who just seemed to pop up every now and then without saying a word. Was she trustworthy enough to be left alone with a mute faun and an injured gal?

"I lost control of myself, or maybe something or someone was controlling me to kill you guys"

"I can go with Randle to see Queen Haelga," Lyra said. She turned to the fox. "Whatever happened back there, can we trust that it won't happen again?" She thought for a moment. "Whatever or whoever it was, it was probably related to this whole thing," she murmured. She started pacing up and down the room. How would it be possible for them to fight the Dires all by themselves? Even with all the soldiers in the Kingdom of Wood, they were bound to be defeated somehow. How long would Vil take to heal?

Foxy grabbed her head tightly, she looked a bit light-headed, and then she fainted beside Vil

I glare at the She-Fox, "If that does happen again, know that even in my weak state I can pack a punch." I lye down and put my hands behind my head. Trying to change into anything would be no use, it would hurt like hell too. I stare at the ceiling and patiently waited for the venom to cease of existance. I cocked my head, ignoring the pain that came with it, only to find the She-Fox on the ground. "Well, don't have to worry of getting attacked now." I turn back and let out a sigh. I close my eyes and sleep, my body fully relaxed and healing itself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus