Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Dylan Sylus (played by Laydrin_Conarsis)

((same))
(( Maybe we need an OOC-section? Makes thing easier! c: I can set up a Discord server or something or we could drop a thread in the OOC section.. ))
Lyra (played by EterniGhost)

(( I like the ooc thread idea. I'm also in school, so I won't reply very much. I'm in pacific standard time))

((yeah that sounds cool.))

Seeing the fox man walk over to the table, Lyra wandered over too, listening to their conversation. She ordered a drink while she was waiting, ears slanted in their direction.

((Sorry it's short))

Looking at the girl leave he shrugs, not really caring. Waiting for a response he, he locks his fingers together, rests his elbows on the table, and then puts his head gently on top of her interlocked fingers. Looking at him patiently for a response.
Vilmarys Nesheim (played by AdoniVae) Topic Starter

((Computer died))

I stop for a moment. I had drank too much to quick. I rushed outside and into one of the barrels I puked up everything I had eaten today. "Ughh..." I walk back in wiping my mouth. "Ok... No matter what I say, so not give me any more mead." I tell the man at the bar with a serious look on my face. I sit back down and play around with a coin. "Any of you from here?" I ask the men at the bar, trying to start a small talk to distract me from drinking or eating anything. I look around and notice the bard is playing a flute with another man playing a lute. "Beautiful..." I hushly say to myself.
~

All of a sudden, the fox-tailed man walked up to the bar as well. There was something about him. About the way he walked, the way he looked at people. And his smirk was exactly hiding his intentions nor past.
"I do bounties. Depends on the bounty and the pay but I do them. What'cha need? I do all kinds." Did he have a criminal record? Did this city even record their criminals to begin with? Randle was about to answer when the girl suddenly got up and rushed outside, only to return looking rather sick. Oh dear..
"Ughh..." she groaned. "Ok... No matter what I say, so not give me any more mead." That was a rather sober thing to say for a gal that drunk. She picked up a coin from the bar and started toying with it. "Any of you from here?"
Strong mead indeed. Randle took another sip and scratched the wooden counter with his metal claw. He then turned to the fox-tailed man again, who was still looking at him patiently. The sleuth didn't like him, not one bit.
"You look like the kind of man who'll kill his own wife over a few coins," Randle grumbled, his eyes pinched. "But sometimes a ruffian is just what people need." After all, without villains, his career as homicide detective would be over in a split-second. He could revert to the occasional missing-person-cases, but those were never as rewarding as bringing a cold-blooded maniac to justice.
"Now, I trust we're all looking for a job, right? Why not team up?" He couldn't help but glance at the fox-tailed man. A young wolfish creature had appeared next to him, looking at the collection of strangers at the bar.

I look up and see who the cat was talking to. "Damn, he's right." I laugh slightly and the frown. With the way he looked, I was thinking he was a criminal, but I know not to judge to soon. I put my coin back into my satchel and itch behind my ear. I look down and say nothing more, not wanting to cause any trouble. I feel the wood on the bar and admire it. It is much more finer than the Kingdom of Rhine. This place really is the prize! No racism towards other races, clean streets, mighty fine wood. This place has it all. I look back up and just admire more of this place. The chandeliers of goat horns and rooms with doors open so I could see inside. One room I could see was very well kept, it had a dresser and a bed with a fur pelt on it. The room was better than a house in Rhine! "Wow." I simply state, saying it out loud instead of in my mind.
Raedun Raun (played by Forta-ver)

If she were sober, the approach of the fox-tailed one would have resulted in pinched lips or turning pale and making excuses to slink elsewhere. Everything about the man reeked of uncontrolled malice, which, while great for any murderer worth their breath, was terrible for someone like Raed. She'd always preferred less deadly ways to earn a meal.

But here he was, also talking of bounties, and Raed had already opened her mouth so there was no backing out now.

"hhhYeah. 'm lookin' for a guy -- gonna post a poster if I can't fine 'im. Figure, take some odd jobs here for a bit t' listen an' poke around an' then I bump into him, or I don'. But need more people for summa these jobs. Talkin' monsters and stuff. Don' fight monsters alone... 's recipes for disaster."

When the redhead returned, Raed tilted her head like a dog. "Hey, Ginger, you okay? Y'should eat somethin' so iss not just booze sloshin' 'round in your belly."

((Sorry, I'm not quite so fast at posting. ^^;))

I turn to the woman behind me, "Ah, yeah, I am fine. It has been a while since I drank something." I smile and turn around fully, putting my arms on the table and listen to the conversation as much as I can.

((You're fine!))

Dylan chuckles slightly. "Over coin? No. I'd love her. You don't kill the ones you are for. You cherish them. My coin would be hers and hers would be mine. I found my wife already. She just refuses."

He is fully relaxed, not worried about a thing in the world. "Oh and I'd be OK with working with you. Just don't be too much of a burden. You'll regret it." His tone is rigid and sharp, unlike his calm and collected posture, implying he means every word. "I will eliminate any major problem. Oh, one more thing. No children are to be harmed. You harm a child," his calm posture ends at he sits up straight, leaning forward slightly, "and I'll end your life without the blink of an eye. I don't care if this child is the end of the world. Got me?" Dylan's voice is harsh and unforgiving, but soft, as not wanting someone around to hear.

I glance over and see him with a stern expression. I don't say anything, but wait for someone else to respond to him. I sit back and relax, I look up at the ceiling with my back arched up. After a second, my reflects punch my back in. I look around and enjoy the music some more. "So, you seem like a mercenary. I''m assuming you fight most of the time?" I say to the slightly enraged man sitting. I look him up and down, then look away as a fight breaks out. Two men who look rather strong are wrestling over something. I smile and start laughing, people are cheering them both on, some hoping for death as result. "Haha, my money's on the one in the bear pelt!" I say as he punches the other ones face. They both had beards, the one I am betting on has a black one and the other had a red one and wore bison pants with heavy boots. He looked like he was winning, but I didn't lose hope for the other one.
~

"hhhYeah. 'm lookin' for a guy -- gonna post a poster if I can't fine 'im. Figure, take some odd jobs here for a bit t' listen an' poke around an' then I bump into him, or I don'. But need more people for summa these jobs. Talkin' monsters and stuff. Don' fight monsters alone... 's recipes for disaster."
Monsters? Alcohol sure did weird things to mortals. He wasn't some kind of hunter, but like he said to himself before, any job would do. The drunken lady then addressed the fellow drinker, giving some advise on how to keep the content of her stomach inside her stomach. Randle was somewhat glad he never got drunk.
Meanwhile, the fox-tailed guy chuckled. He seemed so relaxed, and that was exactly that made him so threatening to some. Simple minds often mistook that calm behavior for kindness, and that was when their throats got slit and their pockets were emptied.

"Over coin? No. I'd love her. You don't kill the ones you are for. You cherish them. My coin would be hers and hers would be mine. I found my wife already. She just refuses." Well, that surely explained all the edge. "Oh and I'd be OK with working with you. Just don't be too much of a burden. You'll regret it." Randle's tail made a rapid wag. The guy had guts, or well, he acted like he did. Like drunken or dumb people were deceived by serenity, Randle had encountered more than a few seemingly butch folks who turned out to be total wimps in the end. "I will eliminate any major problem. Oh, one more thing. No children are to be harmed. You harm a child," the fox-tail bend over a bit and they locked eyes for a second, "and I'll end your life without the blink of an eye. I don't care if this child is the end of the world. Got me?"

Randle smirked, unimpressed by the intense tone in his voice, yet concerned about the man's demonic demeanor. He couldn't say for sure if he was dealing with an assassin or a serial killer, though his intuition said the former.
"I think we're gonna get along perfectly fine, kiddo," he said with the snarky grin still on his lips.

"Good." Dylan leans back and relaxes once more. "For one I'm not a kiddo so don't call me that. My name is Dylan. Don't wear it out. For another wipe that snarky grin off of your lips. I was being serious so it's not funny." Seemingly upset by the man's expression, his voice and posture never match. He smiles yet he is upset. He is relaxed even in a loud bustling bar.

Turning to the lady that was talking about the bounty, he speaks calmly and gently as if talking to a small child who would break down at a harsh notion. "Monsters you say? What kind?"

Her ears perked up at the mention of monsters. "If you need an extra hand, I can help," she offered. "Of course, there is a price," she added. Immediately after she said it, she regretted it. Why would they hire her anyway? She might as well just leave. But she couldn't just get up and go, she had started talking to them. She forced herself to relax and downed her drink in one gulp.

"I can also do any other odd jobs you have," she said in what she hoped was a neutral tone.

"Seems we are all interested in monsters!" I say, folding my arm onto the bar. I look at them all and stand up to stretch. As I am doing so, my back cracks a little and it feels better than before. I crack my knuckles and sit back down, angled toward them. "What kind of monsters we talkin'?" I look at them all with a grin and smile at the wolf-girl as a thanks for bringing it up.

Dylan turns to look into her gorgeous piercing blue eyes. "Couldn't tell ya' hun. Just know that it's monsters. That's all she told me." His posture still has calm written down to his very soul, but his voice implies curiosity and lust for blood.

I smile and nod, "Ah, well. Monsters was all I needed to hear to be intrigued." I say with a grin. "And I know for a fact that I want in!" I laugh a little and put my hand to my chin. I look down only to realize there had been a beer stain on my dress. I move my hand to cover it and shake it off. 'Ah, might want to be more careful...' I think to myself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Adventurers' Quest! -Closed Topic-

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus