Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Doom of the Savage Kings - OOC

The GM (played by Juls) Topic Starter

I think you've got that covered in your armor calculation already, VampireDwarf. The rulebook presents two different ways to handle Armor Class. One where lower values are better (Descending Armor Class) and the other where higher armor class values are better (Ascending Armor Class).

I think mathematically they are the same, but Ascending feels a little more intuitive to me.

So when attacking, roll a d20, add any bonuses. If the result is equal to or greater than the opponents AC, the attack hits.
Ah, okay. I guess I've always played with ascending then. Never heard the term before though. Thanks!
Thank you for helping us out with this so much! I'm writing up the character right now, I just need to figure out Hit Points, Saving Throws, Armor Class, AC, more of the technical stuff with it. Is it ok if I have a little help with it since I'm not sure how we should adjust the druid? :)

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Thank you for helping us out with this so much! I'm writing up the character right now, I just need to figure out Hit Points, Saving Throws, Armor Class, AC, more of the technical stuff with it. Is it ok if I have a little help with it since I'm not sure how we should adjust the druid? :)

We'll just use the Magic-User stats for the most part to keep it simple. Did you roll Attributes already? If so, send me those (PM is fine) and we'll figure out the rest. :)
Hey! I made a character sheet. I did use D&D Beyond for it though. Luckily it does allow homebrew stuff, which is custom things, so it was easier to make.

CoyBoat275 wrote:
Hey! I made a character sheet. I did use D&D Beyond for it though. Luckily it does allow homebrew stuff, which is custom things, so it was easier to make.

Got a link so I can reference it when needed?
ddb.ac/characters/6033563/fJNwGo

Thanks! :)

FYI for this one, we're going to use the White Box Attribute table. (Not sure if that character sheet will let you do that, so just keep in mind for rolls!)

3-6 (-1)
7-14 (0)
15-18 (+1)

Did I scare ya'll off already with that IC post? ;)

If you want to back up a short time frame in the RP and get in one or two 'character intro' posts while they are traveling before getting to the scene described in the intro, that might help to get the ball rolling!
I'll be posting in less than an hour. I just spent the evening going to various hardware stores...

I was looking for metal brackets for holding up planters on fences. The idea was to use them to hang lanterns from my bookshelves. The problem- Garden supplies are out of season!

A quick question for you all. How does one view their subscriptions on this site, let alone edit them?

Ugh... running to various hardware stores does not sound like a fun evening. Unless you were victorious in the end?

You can see subscriptions on your home page, where it shows your Activity Feed. If there's too much on there, on the right hand side of the screen there's a 'Subscribed Topics' filter. (Or, if on mobile, looks like that Filters section gets pushed closer to the bottom)

Alternately, there's this: https://www.rprepository.com/community/subscribedtopics.php

(I got there through 'Your Settings')
Juls wrote:
Thanks! :)

FYI for this one, we're going to use the White Box Attribute table. (Not sure if that character sheet will let you do that, so just keep in mind for rolls!)

3-6 (-1)
7-14 (0)
15-18 (+1)

Alright, thanks. I, unfortunately, cannot change it so I will try to remember it.
Just don't yell at me if I forget!
Anywho! I hope everyone else is ready because I can't wait!
I'm almost ready, I'm just putting in the stats on the character I am posting as.

CoyBoat275 wrote:
Anywho! I hope everyone else is ready because I can't wait!

Well, feel free to post. The Hound of Hirot awaits! O:)

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=62825

(Goes for anyone!)
Hunh... I found the notifications on the homepage but I'm surprised there's no hard link to the subscription page. How very odd.
Juls wrote:
Ugh... running to various hardware stores does not sound like a fun evening. Unless you were victorious in the end?

Unfortunately not. That Victorian gaslight accent to my apartment will have to wait until spring.

The selection was being ripped out of the aisle even while I was there. They were slamming children's toys into the aisle in their stead to prepare the way for that horrible pagan holiday called Christmas.

Hey all, I'll try for replying about once a day as GM.... unless everyone has posted, then it may be quicker. Hopefully that gives everyone enough chance!
I'm holding off on posting so that people can catch up. Sometimes weekends can be tough for people.

I figured! :)

We can certainly wait until Monday for Crystaldragon and CoyBoat to get a chance to post.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Doom of the Savage Kings - OOC

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus