Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Mysterious Fortune Telling Booth [closed]

Yup, you bet I do Doc! I just got a new job...and after what happened with my last job I'm wondering will I have a good work experience this time? :/
Yersinia wrote:
Kamui wrote:
How will my romantic life look by the end of this school year?
Oliver was busy so I took a stab at this one, hope you don't mind!

CP7A3nV.png8.gif18.gif

INGUZ - WUNJO - BERKANO

PAST / INGUZ: this is the rune for the earth god Ing, meaning "seed" or "fertility." Generally, what it symbolizes is a form of emotional or mental growth, but growth that occurs internally; withdrawing into the safety of our minds to do some soul searching, for example. It's possible you've decided to pursue romance after a deal of thought and figuring out who you are. Inguz is another rune that can't be drawn murkstave but can lie in opposition. For this reading, it could mean you've hit some snags in your introspection, but it was nothing you couldn't handle.

PRESENT / WUNJO: the rune for "joy" is common to see in relationship readings. It indicates contentment, hope, and harmony. Maybe you haven't found who you're looking for yet, but it hasn't affected your sense of wellbeing, and you're in a good place to keep moving forward.

FUTURE / BERKANO: the rune for "birch." Berkano is another fertility rune like Inguz, once again in the sense of a seed. It indicates renewal and new beginnings. Overall, this is a very positive reading! Your prospects look good. Even if things don't pan out, the Norns see that you've done a lot of reflection and growing and you should be proud.

Two of your three runes are in the god Tyr's aett. His sphere of influence often has to do with transition and re-creation.

Oh! Thank you so much, ahha. I think these are perfect, they certainly ease my mind now^^
Oh wise Oracle-Dudes of the Fortune Reading-ness, please answer my calling...

...Should I open commisions on a certain dragon site in exchange for In Game currency and finally accept my inner trashyness?
Thanks psoliver. Looks like I'll have to write a new profile soon. xD
haunt

SINDragon wrote:
Ah man, it's cool seeing you both come together on one thread! Thanks for taking the time to do these by the way!

I wanna know what the rocks or cards have to say about me trying to get better emotionally, if that makes sense? Like if my quest for help will be like rocky or smooth or whatever.
tumblr_phfy40bIvH1w937xe_540.jpg

i'm just gonna warn right off the bat that this reading may not be accurate because 1. i'm exhausted 2. my mind just,, isn't clear right now due to exhaustion + other things, 3. i had to shuffle the cards a few times to get anything that made any sort of sense to me. regardless, i hope it helps in some way!

past

five of pentacles: minor arcana card representing sadness, worry, and illness. "the five of pentacles is a card of hard times. it may come in the form of an illness, job loss, financial trouble, or rejection. above all this there will be worry, so much worry. this anxiety is counterproductive and damaging. you must find a way to quiet the mind during this difficult time. rely on meditation or visualization to find peace."

so it sounds like, in your past, something happened to make you extremely anxious and sad. i feel like, instead of these feelings being resolved, they just worsened over time and may be at their peak in the present, which will be explained more with the next card.

present

nine of swords: minor arcana card representing dark visions and anguish. "an extremely dark card, the nine of swords reveals the deepest shadows of the self. it indicates insomnia, nightmares, and worries in the midnight hour. often these states are accompanied by guilt, despair, or even depression. you'll be battling with yourself, so turn to others for help. find joy. reach out."

i believe that this card and the first one together are saying that, in the past, something happened to cause your mental state to decline, and your anxiety levels increased. instead of improving, though, it just continued to get worse and worse, and now you may feel like you're stuck in a horrible rut that you'll never be able to get out of. this sounds incredibly negative so far, and while it has been, don't panic! i really recommend listening to the advice the card's description offers by reaching out to others and focusing on simple things that make you happy. i feel like listening to advice and reaching out to others leads to the final card, which is--

future

the lovers: major arcana card representing union, desire, and joy. "the canadian geese are mates for life, traveling partners within an expansive sky. the lovers card is a welcome sight in any reading, as it suggests a beautiful and strong relationship on the horizon. yes, you'll experience all the thrills of desire and romance, but meanwhile you'll be building a solid foundation together. the lovers honor and respect each other, and with that they can go anywhere. if you're already in a relationship, it's time to be grateful and nourish this rare and precious gem."

considering that this card is literally called the lovers and my book's description really heavily implies romance, if dating isn't your thing, i believe that it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic? if dating is your thing though, great! this card definitely points to a huge development in your romantic life and, because of this, entering a very beautiful new phase in life.

however, if dating isn't your thing, tarotguide describes the cards as, "The Lovers can represent finding the balance within oneself. You are learning to understand yourself, your own personal moral code and what you value in life. This will bring harmony and balance to your life. In general when The Lovers Tarot card appears it is an indication that you have major choices to make or are faced with a dilemma. You may be feeling uncertain about situations, people in your life or what direction you should take. These are important decisions you are faced with. Don’t automatically go for the easy road, make sure you have all the information and make the right decision. Even if it seems like a difficult path, it will lead you on to greater things."

you can interpret it either way, but regardless, this points to a major positive change coming up in the future. if you currently just feel awful, don't give up hope! the future looks very bright, and soon, you'll find yourself again. i believe that, if you're going with the more romantic interpretation, reaching out to others can definitely lead to an exciting development in your romantic life, which could definitely lead to a positive mental state. however, if you go with the latter, i feel like it's saying that you're going to be faced with a difficult decision in the near future relating to getting help/your current mental state, but once you weigh all of your choices and decide on the right decision, you'll be in a much more positive mental state than you were before. also, you don't necessarily have to pick one interpretation over the other; if you wanna go for both, that's completely fine!

also, the rest of this reading was really grim, but to hopefully make this more positive: i mentioned needing to do several different readings for your question, but two or three of them all ended up with the lovers in the future, so this card seems to really want you to listen to it lmao.

i hope that was all helpful, and good luck with the future! i am incredibly sorry if the past/present portions of the reading were accurate, but don't give up hope :)
haunt

CoronelCoscacho wrote:
Oh wise Oracle-Dudes of the Fortune Reading-ness, please answer my calling...

...Should I open commisions on a certain dragon site in exchange for In Game currency and finally accept my inner trashyness?
tumblr_phfyulfCtK1w937xe_540.jpg

i was going to do the meanings from my book since i usually do unless i have to go to tarotguide, just because reading from the book feels a lot more personal since it's tailored for the cards. but if i had to sit like i was for any longer and continue to endure my room's overhead lights i think my eyes and my legs would both simultaneously melt so. that's a fun mental image. happy halloween.

past

daughter (also known as page) of pentacles: minor arcana card representing good news, solid beginnings, and setting goals. "In a general context, the Page of Pentacles is the bearer of good news in earthly matters such as money, business, education, career, property or health. It represents making a solid start or laying the foundation for future success. The message with this Minor Arcana card is to decide what you want and really go for it. Jump in and seize your opportunities while you can. It tells you that if you make the right decisions now and put the groundwork in you will achieve your long terms goals."

i think i mentioned this in the PM i sent you about tarot??? but court cards usually signify a person, and i think this definitely represents past you setting up a successful future, specifically in art/commissions. as the description says, this card represents deciding what you want and just going right at it, and since this is past, i'm assuming you may have come up with this idea some time ago and have just been waiting to act on it? if not, i still believe it's saying you've set up a very successful future.

present

five of cups: minor arcana card that normally represents sadness, grief, and despair, but since it's reversed, the meaning changes. reversed, it represents moving forward, accepting help, healing, and letting go of grief/sorrow. "You have come to terms with your grief and sorrow. You have realised that living the rest of your life in regret, mourning or sadness will not change the past and have accepted that you have to move on with your life. You are beginning to open up your awareness to the opportunities that have been all around you all along. Alternately, the card can also indicate the negative feelings of the upright card being prolonged or dragged out. However, the Five of Cups reversed usually signifies that you are ready to begin re-joining the world. You are letting of the past, releasing your negative emotions and emotional baggage. You may also be willing now to accept help from those around with this Minor Arcana card in your Tarot reading. This is a positive step forward as previously you were so caught up in despair that you could not accept the help that was offered to you, which left you feeling lonely and isolated."

this may not seem to have anything to do with the question, but i think it definitely does. maybe you've recently gone through a time of sadness/guilt/despair/some sort of negative emotion, but you've brought yourself out of it, and now you're ready to embrace things that make you happy and rejoin the world (aka, doing commissions on ur dragon website). paired with the first card, i believe that this is saying that, you've set up a solid future and are ready to head right towards ur in-game currency goals, and now that you've overcome something that was holding you back, you're currently feeling pumped and ready.

future

two of pentacles: minor arcana card representing balance and resourcefulness. "In a general context, the Two of Pentacles can indicate that you are trying to find or maintain the balance between various areas of your life. This Minor Arcana card represents the ups and downs of life and indicates that you are resourceful, adaptable and flexible enough to get through them. However, it can be a warning that trying to juggle too many things at once and not prioritising what is important can lead to failure and exhaustion. Try to evaluate where you are putting your energy and cut back on what is not necessary in order to maintain a balanced and happy life. The Two of Pentacles can indicate that decisions need to be made and making these choices may be causing you stress. It can also signify partnership and the struggle to find the right balance between your needs and the needs of someone else."

i believe that this is saying that, if you go ahead and open up for commissions, make sure to keep a schedule and maintain balance so you don't start feeling overwhelmed. remember to try and balance your time and make sure to remind yourself of your main priorities. i'm assuming that the dragon game commissions are supposed to be fun, so remember to not get too stressed about it!

overall, i think the cards are definitely urging you to go ahead and start these commissions, just remember to prioritize and find balance so you don't get overwhelmed.
Yersinia Topic Starter

Today is the last day to ask questions before the mysterious fortune telling booth closes!

Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
Yup, you bet I do Doc! I just got a new job...and after what happened with my last job I'm wondering will I have a good work experience this time? :/
j5WO2D0.png1oJnHFI.png17.gif

EHWAZ - FEHU - TIWAZ

PAST / EHWAZ: this is the rune for "horse." Normally, when Ehwaz is drawn right side up it represents steady movement and progress. More importantly, it represents the teamwork, cooperation, and trust in others that we require to make this progress (the metaphor here is relying on a team of horses to pull your cart). Murkstave, it indicates feelings of restlessness and mistrust. Maybe you didn't like your coworkers at your last job, couldn't count on them to pull their weight, felt like you didn't work well together, or something to that effect.

PRESENT / FEHU: the rune for "cattle" usually indicates wealth and success, so to have it drawn murkstave seems a little negative at first. However, it has less to do with catastrophic financial loss and more to do with feeling burned out, like your efforts so far have been wasted. Which brings us to:

FUTURE / TIWAZ: the rune of the god Tyr. Tiwaz represents justice and success. It's a rune of analysis, rationality, leadership, and authority. Overall, it's a positive rune to draw for your future, as it indicates that you'll prevail in whatever matter you've set out to do. The Norns seem to think your work experience will be better this time.

Two of your runes are in Tyr's aett. As the god of law and justice, his sphere of influence is typically associated with victory. Not bad to have in your corner. He's also the god who got his hand bitten off by the apocalyptic wolf Fenrir, though, so. Maybe don't do that.

DorianM wrote:
If possible, could you help me with this (mysterious) question (the runes or cards would surely know what I am talking about): I am waiting for a message, will I receive it before Samhain?
This one turned out kind of weird, but I'll do my best to interpret.

AIVrn3b.pngGp3ykxu.png12.gif

DAGAZ - ANSUZ - JERA

PAST / DAGAZ: this one has been popping up quite a lot this year (call it fate or call it "Yersinia apparently can't shuffle rocks"). Dagaz is the rune for "day" or "dawn". Unsurprisingly, it has to do with an awakening of sorts and the clarity that comes with daylight. The moment of having a breakthrough. From what I've read, because of its nature Dagaz can't be drawn murkstave but rather lies in opposition to the runes around it. In opposition, it embodies traits of the night; confusion, proverbial blindness, limitation. This may have been what prompted you to ask for a message in the first place. Or not. I mean. I don't know your life.

PRESENT / ANSUZ: this is the rune of the ancestral god Odin. Kind of a big deal. Ansuz has to do with insight and communication, truth and wisdom. Since I drew it murkstave, I suppose it could mean that you're currently still waiting for your message to arrive, or that when your message reaches you you should be critical of its contents. Odin is a capricious god and he can't always be counted on to respond in a timely manner (or at all). A lot of otherworldly forces seem to be like that.

FUTURE / JERA: weirdly enough, the rune for "harvest" is considered the counterpart to Dagaz in that they both make reference to time. While Dagaz is the daily day-night cycle and sudden realizations, Jera represents an entire year and slow, gradual change. Fortunately for you, this is a rewarding rune indicating that your hard work will come to fruition. It's a break in the stagnancy of waiting; the crops are ready to be harvested, so to speak. Jera indicates that success is on the horizon but that the universe isn't in a hurry. So to answer your question, your message will come eventually, but maybe not as fast as you'd like it to.
That was excellent, many thanks! Ansuz reversed because the message had already arrived when you did the reading, but the point about the Universe not being in a hurry is spot on, and things are still slowly unfolding.
Well...it probably didn't help that in my last job a coworker was fired and blamed me for it so she tried to run me over in the parking lot after my shift, I felt the front bumper of her car touch my butt before I could jump back on the curb to safety. That's the reason I quit. :/

And I have been pretty down lately, feeling a bit overwhelmed and not very useful...

Good to know this might not be so bad this time, I start at my new job today! Wish me luck~

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Mysterious Fortune Telling Booth [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus