Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

Ross placed his other hand ontop of the one he was holding while he stared into her eyes. "Good. Now, the Elders will be here in a day or two. I will use that time to find a way to speak with the Credo before they arrive, and you..." He stopped himself, looking around, trying to check that they were still alone. "You will evade any sort of contact with the King. He may even try to persuade you to keep helping for his own cause." The prince finnished, just to release her hand and then start to walk to the exit. "I will be back this same night. In the mean time, try to keep a low profile." He said, leaving the girl in the garden with just a smile before he crossed that pair of heavy woodened doors.

The royal bloodline, or his bloodline, was clean in difference to the other ones that were filled with a long list of betrayals, murders and whatnot of unforgivable crimes, but....it seemed like the only family bond he had with the King meant nothing in reality. The corruption had entered in the heart of Vincent, maybe long time ago even, way before the past King died. It was a sad, depressing truth to face, but Ross had to hold, endure and bottle his emotions as he headed in a small caravan towards the capital of the city, right to the 'Holy' building where the Credo could be found.
Karra listened to his words, looking back into his eyes for just a moment before she would look down, shyly and modestly. "Yes." she said, nodding as well to show she understood. Karra waited until he was gone, then made her way back to the room as quietly as she could, after stopping to get something to eat. Once she had eaten though she would go back to the room. The best way to keep a low profile and avoid contact with the king was to stay in her room. Not Ross's, but hers, the one she was supposed to stay in that first night. And so that was where she went.

She settled herself by the window and occupied herself with looking out it and seeing all the things that happened outside the window. She fingered the necklace several times during the course of the day, hoping that it truly would provide her with protection.

Ross arrived to the exterior of the Credo's building after a couple of hours, walking right inside with just a pair of his most loyal bodyguards right after having stepped out from the caravan.

The time he spent into the cabin was more than enough for him to think about what would happen once he arrived. The first thing could be that they could be already way too booked to push everything aside for the prince of the kingdom. Even royalty had to follow the rules. The second thing could be that Vincent had taken precautions, meaning that he would have asked first for an audience, leaving Karra and the prince into his hands, and third...It was an extreme way that only Vincent could take if he was desesperated, but the actual King always seemed to be way to methodical to follow the way of the brutes.

Once Ross had stepped inside the long corridor of doors, a pale old man dressed with a dark blue dalmatica and a monocle on his right eye greeted him. "Oh, young prince! To what do we owe the honor of your presence?" Asked the old man with a soft smile, making him look like his fragile factions could break like the most weaker of glasses. "Such flattery won't take you anywhere, old man." The prince laughed with him, greeting the elder with a warm hug. "It has been a while, Lionel. Ten years to be exact, am I right?" Asked the prince as he released the old man that was part of the Credo. "Indeed, prince Ross. Now, what are you looking for, young man? I can tell that you are not looking for a nice chat with an old friend." Lionel inquired with a brow lifted, meaning that he wanted to go straight to the point. Ross couldn't help but ask the bodyguards to wait for him at the entrance as he wanted to talk in a private place with his mentor. It would be more than enough to say that it took Ross the whole afternoon to explain his mentor the situation.

"...Are you really sure of what you are saying, prince?" Asked the old man as he inhaled a mouthful of his pipe, aware that if it was a lie it would be a severe acusation of betrayal. Ross could even be relieved of his status as a prince. "Yes, I am sure, and now I need to..." The young prince was about to explain his thoughts, until his mentor laughed loudly. "Youn man, you don't need to ask for help. I know what we will do. You don't need to talk with the Credo. They won't understand because they are as rotten as your uncle's heart. Get ready to depart soon. I will let you know when I have everything set for you and your companion." Said the old man before opening the doors of his private chambers, waiting for the prince to leave. " The council has gathered once more, and this time, they will end what they couldn't ten years ago. Go." Said him as he gently pushed the back of the prince, telling him that he had to go to the castle, and quick.
Karra was oblivious to all that had gone on. During this time she slept, cleaned her room and the prince's, and sat in the window to wait for her master's return. Ross would not like her thinking of him that way, but it was how she was brought up. It was hard and needed a conscious effort, not to consider him her master. Once or twice there had been close calls, someone or other coming into the prince's room. On those occasions Karra hid behind the drapes of her own room and waited for the intruder to leave.

By the time Ross returned she would be sitting at the window, asleep. She had snuck out for a meal earlier and the dishes were beside her. Her hand clasped the necklace's pendant tightly, as if scared that someone would yank it from her neck in her sleep. But for all that, she slept peacefully. She had been jittery all day, she hated not being able to be active. She needed to have purpose, something to do. If Ross did not act like a master in the ability of at least giving her tasks to complete, she felt she would go insane. It was her life, how she had lived for a long time. To just stop would drive her crazy.

Ross returned to the castle when it was already sunset. It had passed a whole day since he had eaten something, and even so his stomach was starting to growl, letting him know that it was time to do something about it. Even knowing that they didn't had too much time to set everything up, he walked slowly towards the kitchen, just to serve himself a nice meal to eat it while he was in the way towards his room, pushing the door with his free hand, just to notice that it was empty. "Karra?" He asked, searching around, trying to find her, even to the point to look into his large wardrobe, thinking that maybe she hid inside of it, just to find nothing. He was about to get desesperated, until he laid his eyes on the balcony of the other room, where Karra was supposed to sleep the first night.

Seeing her again made a smile to form over his lips, slowly telling himself to calm down since it seemed like she was just asleep. Once he was into the same room, he gently placed his hands on both of her shoulders, softly shaking her in an attempt to wake the girl up. "Hey...Karra..." He whispered softly, placing a knee on the ground to be at her eye level, waiting for her to open her eyes, noticing how she held tightly the necklace he had given her, meaning that she really believed in his words.
Karra stirred as she was wakened, eyes fluttering open sleepily, but then slowly regaining her complete consciousness. She smiled as she saw her master. "Welcome home." She covered her mouth with her hand and yawned, sitting up straight and rubbing her eyes. "Did it go well, master?" A little slip. She couldn't help but call him master, she was a slave after all. It was hard to not call him that.

"You've been gone all day. Do you need anything?" She started to get up, ready to fetch him whatever he wished. Her hand relinquished its tight hold upon the necklace, such a grasp making her fingers ache. She flexed them a little, trying to get feeling back into them. She looked over him worriedly, making sure that he was safe and unharmed. A soft sigh of relief was given as she found he was indeed untouched. If something had happened to him, she would have been very concerned. All of this was her fault, after all.

Ross smiled softly to the girl before his eyes when she opened her eyes, slowly motioning his legs to stand up and then rest his arms on the stone fence of the balcony, that pair of deep chocolate eyes looking up to the bright star spotted sky for a whole minute, in silence, before turning to face her once more. "Not as I expected, but the wind is still on our side." The prince said metaphorically with that usual warm smile, although it could be easily read that he was concerned about their fate.

"Sadly, the Credo is at the mercy of my uncle, and calling for an audience would do us no good." He said roughly, walking towards his wardrobe and then hold the doors spread open, just to take a couple of dark hooded cloaks, just to leave them in the bed as he started to dress like if he was going to a long travel around the world. A couple of minutes later, he had a white XVII century shirt, a black vest, a pair of black pants, his heavy plated boots, that one arm only gauntlet, and the short sword. It seemed like he was about to leave, until he started to show her a bag of clothes of the same nature to Karra. "I know this may be too much to ask, but I need you to put this on, and get ready." He said, showing that she had to dress almost in the same way, although the clothes were of a female. " We are leaving tonight."
((Sorry semi-afk I'll post when I can! :) ))

(Sure, take your time xP)
Karra sighed softly. This was not going to be good. She closed her eyes and just listened to him, but as he moved around she looked adn watched him. "What are you--" And then he held a bag out to her of the same nature he had. "O-oh. Yes...alright." She nodded a little and got dressed. Were they running away?

She wasn't sure if that would work well, but she would trust him. She smiled a little and touched her necklace. She would trust him with all her life. He was special to her, he was a kind master. She was very glad that he was going to take her with him and not leave her to the mercy of the king.

The prince smiled towards her, trying to tell her that it was going to be alright, although, if they failed...."We will wait until it is midnight." Was all he explained, just before he opened one of the heavy gabinets to take a pouch filled with coins, and then turn towards a chair that was on the balcony. He seemed to be more nervous and worried as the minutes went by.

"Karra...." He called her in a low murmur, this time looking at her with a serious expression, almost like if she were with another person, his deep chocolate eyes locked on her beautiful china blue ones as he spoke. "I need you to trust me tonight. If I say run, you run. If I say jump, you jump. If I say...." The prince stopped himself before continuing, just to stand up and look again to the dark sky. "Tonight the moon isn't at sight. That is somewhat at our side." He murmured with an ironic laugh towards himself, slowly looking down to the ring that was of his father with yearning.
Karra listened to him and nodded. Midnight it was. She just stood there and watched him, up until he called her name. She went right over to him and stood by his side, looking into his eyes. He was saying something serious, so she would listen seriously.

"Yes." she said quietly. When he didn't mention the third option, she grew a bit concerned. "Ma-- er, sir? What was the third 'if'?" She touched his shoulder gently, hesitantly. She was putting herself in danger by saying this next thing, at least in her mind. "If you say for me to leave...I will not. Everything else I will listen to without fault. But I will stay by your side."

Ross sighed softly as he stood up from the chair, placing both hands on her shoulders and looking directly into her eyes. "...If I tell you to run away, you run away... I don't want you to risk your life without need." He said as he broke the stare, lowering his hands and looking away, but not moving from that spot, hoping that she would understand that he didn't wanted her to get hurt without reason.

Then, he looked once more up to the sky, and noticed that it was indeed midnight already. "Shall we, then?" He asked, wearing his cloak and handing Karra hers.
Karra looked at him and shook her head. "No. I won't, sir." Her voice was a little shaky, because if she denied most masters she'd get a rough smack to the face, at least. "I won't, I'm sorry. I am staying with you no matter what. I am yours, sir. I will not desert you."

She nodded a little when he asked if they were ready, then took her cloak and put it on. She was determined not to run away if he told her to. He was her master. She would sacrifice herself before she would let him get harmed.

Ross couldn't believe her words. Was she that determined to even refuse a direct order? Somehow....that made him feel like he could wholehearteadly trust someone that was out of his family. He stood silent, looking at her with a serious stare, just to suddenly walk towards her and wrap his arms around her, holding his supposed slave in a warm, tight hug. "...Thank you, Karra...Thank you..." He whispered at her ear, letting her know that she really had earned his trust.

"Now, let's go." He said as he gently squeezed her for a last time before lifting her up on his arms, just to walk towards the balcony and make sure that the garden was alone. Then, he got ontop of the stone fence, giving her some time to hold tightly. "Don't scream." Was all he said before jumping down.

It was a long fall. four floors, to be exact. A normal human would have ended with both legs broken, but....he was not a human, and she would have noticed from that point. Then, he let her on her feet, juat by the time he had started to run towards the fountain of the wolf, and then climb to the top, and forcefully push the nose 'button', making the water to get drained by the sewers as it revealed an entrance right under where the wolf was. "Your hand." He asked with a smile, offering her a hand to help her get into the fountain.
Karra blinked when she was suddenly taken hold of in a hug. She had tensed up, terrified that he was going to hit her or something. She hugged him back then, relaxing a little. "Y...you're welcome." she said quietly. She was not used to being treated like this.

She was surprised again as she was lifted up by him, blushing. She wrapped her arms around him to hoold onto him tightly. They were..jumping?! She nodded to his order and clamped her mouth shut. She refused to scream.
((afk for a bit. I'll be checking in occasionally today because a friend is over))

(Oh, it's okay! No problem ^^)
Ross Laforette wrote:
(Oh, it's okay! No problem ^^)

((I'll be checking in, so don't wait around to post. x3))

Ross leaded the girl into the sewers, not needing a torch to light his path, but knowing that she might get scared if they did, he took one from the walls with his empty hand and walked through the maze, following the directions his old friend had pointed and was forced to memorize that same morning.

It wouldn't be too long after they reached a rotten woodened hatch, and if Karra could tell, there was already the smell of the salty water of the sea. "...Thank to the Gods we arrived..." He sighed out, tired of the putrid smell from the sewers, just to gently quick open the hatch and poke his head out of it, trying to see if everything was clear for them. It seemed like it was, so he made her a signal to follow her, but, he couldn't help but wonder how come they hadn't noticed they were missing to that point. It was almost two hours without the presence of the prince in the castle, and the alarm was not activated. It was quiet.....TOO quiet. "....There is something wrong..." He said out loud, waiting for her to come out of the sewers as he closed the hatch, holding her hand and mixing between the people, not wanting the guards of the docks to notice that a royal member was walking around the place without protection. It was late at night, but the port was never alone or without running business, making it easier for him to walk straight to the vessel of Lionel, now his eyes wandering around the place, trying to figure out where the old man was.
Karra followed him through the sewers, staying close to him and trying to avoid falling or tripping. When they went out to mingle with the others, she held tightly to Ross' arm, not wanting to be seperated from him. She agreed, something felt wrong. But she was always paranoid, and so she didn't quite trust her own instincts.

It wasn't long before she finally tripped and was pushed against Ross with the passing of the many people. "S-sorry." she mumbled, knowing it would slow them down. Her ankle hurt now, but that didn't stop her from walking still. "Where are we going?" she asked quietly. She trusted him, certainly, but she just wanted to know where they were going.

((sorry it's short. Still with my friend xD))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus