Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

Ross thought about it for half an hour, crossing his arms ontop of his chest as he looked around. It wouldn't be too long after he spoke again to the girl. "Karra, I will offer you a deal." He said with a wide smile from cheek to cheek. "It is an oportunity that only is shown every once in a while, to not say never." He explained, standing up from the bed, just to walk to his large wardrobe and pull out of it a necklace with a small pretty crimson red shiny gem, holding the crest of the family that consisted of a shield with the face of a wolf in it. Then, he would reach a hand to call her closer. "It is your choice if you want to hear it or not, since you are not a slave anymore. Not for me." He said with a warm smile, waiting for an answer.
Karra was confused. a Deal? She watched as he got up and took out such a pretty necklace. When she was beckoned she got up right away, keeping her robe closed shut as she made her way towards him. She was quiet, trying to make sense of his words. "I...do not understand." she finally admitted.

What was the deal? Why did it involve a necklace? What was the importance of the necklace and what did it mean? And what did Ross mean when he said she was not a slave, not for him? She was scared of making a decision when she didn't know what she was getting herself into. She waited quietly, hoping he would explain.

She glanced towards the window, wondering what time it was. They should probably sleep. And what were they going to do if the king tried to come in like yesterday? She was worried.

The prince looked back at the window when she did, thinking that it was pretty late at night. Maybe past midnight. Then, he would simply leave the necklace in the left pocket of his white silk shirt. "I will wait for your answer. Don't you worry, I won't force you to answer back." He said, just to get on the bed, cover himself with the sheets and then turn to her for a last time, releasing a soft yawn and trying to cover it with one hand.

"Stop worrying about tomorrow...I have everything...planned..." He murmured lowly by every word that came out of his lips, just to fall asleep as the last word was said, seeming like the young prince wasn't worried about what his uncle may be plotting against him. Maybe the prince was that calm and cautious, or maybe he was simply too naive to think bad of his own family.
Karra was not quite pleased. How could she give an answer to a question that she did not understand? When he went back to bed, she joined him there. She had to trust him. She got under the covers and lay beside him, watching as the prince drifted away into sleep.

She was honestly glad she had told him the truth. Such an immense feeling of guilt would have been unbearable for her. She simply hoped he knew what he was getting himself into. Karra closed her eyes and would let herself fall asleep as well.

This time, no nightmares came.

Ross woke up that morning right before the sun rose his way to shine and fill with light his private quarters, quietly getting dressed on a pair of black trousers, black plated boots, a white shirt, a black vest and a blue royal coat with thick cuffs, adorned with bright silver threads on the edge of them. He had a hidden armor for only his left arm under that coat, just for security along with his short silver sword at his side hip.

It wouldn't be too long after he had heard a couple of loud knocks on the door, loud enough to wake the girl up as the prince got closer to open it, gazing at his dear uncle at the other side of the door. "Well, if it isn't my dear nephew! And look at how elegant you are this beautiful morning. Ahhh...I remember seeing your father, my beloved brother with that same coat when he was about your age...It must be a special ocassion, right?" The old King asked with a warm smile, not receiving any from his nephew. "Indeed it was, Your Highness. Now if you excuse me, I need to attend some errands." The young prince said, walking forward to make his uncle move and walk away.

After Vincent made sure that he was far away, he closed the door once he went into the room. "Well? Did you achieved what was ordered? Or did you failed, again?" The old man asked with a severe look towards the girl, but what he didn't know was that the sneaky prince had left a small piece of paper right at her side for her, and oly her to read, with just a single word wrote on it.

"Lie."
Karra awoke to a loud knocking and she stirred, waking up and listening to the exchange between king and prince. She sat up, rubbing her eyes with one hand while holding the nightrobe closed with her other. If anything, it looked like she had indeed achieved her goal. She noticed the paper just before Vincent asked her that question.

The girl swallowed nervously and just hoped that the man didn't approach her. She blushed and looked away. "Y-yes, sir.." She avoided his gaze, simply frightened of him. She mentally pleaded that he would depart once he learned the answer he had wanted. "I slept with the prince."

The old man started to walk from side to side of the room, thinking highly about those words the slave girl spoke. Then, he would get closer to the desk, just to play with the sheets of paper that laid on it. "Details, dear Karra, Your King wants details." He asked, smirking mischievously and chuckling lowly at it, slowly turning to face her, although he was at the other side of the room in distance.

It really seemed like she had achieved her part, but...there was something off. "I need a full report of how everything went. Ross is not a boy someone who can trust that easy, and this is why I need to know if you really slept with him." Vincent said with a firm tone, trying to confuse her.
Karra blushed when he spoke of details. "I-I really don't want to..." she said quietly. She bit her lip and decided that the best lie was a half-truth. "I got him to think I was a very loyal slave and very appreciative for how kind he has been to me. I kept emphasizing his kindness and how I wanted to do my best for him because of that. With that method, it was not hard to get him to let me sleep with him."

She stayed seated in the bed with the blanket still up to her waist, watching him. She was so scared of messing things up. Lying wasn't easy when you were so terrified. But if the king noticed her fear, he could easily attribute it to the fact that even she had heard of what the man liked to do with pretty young girls. And the fact that she was alone in a room like this with the king was honestly unnerving to her. She wished Ross had stayed.

The cruel king loved the feeling of a lower class human fearing him. That made his pride and joy to reach a whole new level everytime they felt so. "I see..." Was all he murmured with a wicked grin, just to walk towards the door very slowly. "Oh, and Karra, I think I will keep such a beautiful lady like yourself around...just in case I need some...Help." He said with a disgusting chuckle before leaving the room, meaning that he was not going to keep the promise he had made.

Once the old man had reached quite the distance from the private quarters of his nephew, he spoke with his personal bodyguard, a slightly older than the prince aged male with short red hair, and bright green eyes. "Thomas, call an audience with the elders. We need to discuss an abnormal behavior the prince is showing." He murmured at his ear, and inmediately the red haired male guard started to walk faster at the opposite way of the hall.
Karra felt her stomach heave at the words of the king. She shivered and shrunk underneath the covers. There had to be something Ross could do to protect her. The girl didn't want to leave the bed. Scared of the world she was thrust into. She did get up however, and get dressed. She would get a meal and once that was done she started wandering the castle.

She hoped to find Ross. She was terrified of meeting the king again. She didn't know what to do, where to go or who to trust. Ross was the only one she trusted at the moment. She wished she could just hide away from everyone else.

Ross was just wandering around the castle, always showing the usual warm smile over his lips as his form walked through corridors. He was just leeting the time go by for the King to have a little exchange of words with Karra....until the sudden image of the King abusing of the girl hit his mind like a heavy rock at a high speed. That sudden though made his legs to move faster and even start to run after a few seconds, calling the attention of the guards but hidding his real excuse under the lie of some important papers he had forgotten into his private quarters.

It wouldn't be too long after he had bumped with the girl just after making a turn on a corner, his hands holding the girl by her shoulders as he looked up and down her body, trying to check if she was okay, just to notice that she looked troubled.

"How did it went? Did he touched you?" Was all he asked in a low murmur, gulping down and waiting for an answer that wouldn't confirm what he had thought about.
Karra gasped softly as she ran into someone, her body going stiff at the hands upon her shoulders until she realized who it was. "I-I'm sorry, master." she said, a bit relieved. "I didn't see you." When he asked that question, she looked down quickly.

"I did as you asked. No, he did not touch me." She shivered. "He said however that he would keep me around. In case he...needs 'help'." She swallowed nervously and bit her lip, shivering under his touch. She did not want that lecherous man anywhere near her. "Will you please explain to me what deal you were talking about?" she whispered.

She wanted any way to keep his uncle from touching her.

Ross was clearly happy that she was okay, but....he couldn't help but frown at how easy his uncle had used Karra. That made a light frown to form over his brows. "Well, at least it is good to know that you are okay." He said, taking the left beautiful blonde locks and placing them behind her left ear, offering the girl a warm smile until she asked that question that he wanted to hear so much, making his face to lit up in joy as it always was.

Then, the boy would lead the girl into the private garden, this one having half an acre inside as he stopped once they reached a beautiful huge fountain with the statue of a huge wolf holding a long lace around one of his front paws, along with this being held on his muzzle, while it looked right to the door, making it look like it was facing them.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The prince asked, looking at it, getting distracted for a short time, just to look back at her and show that necklace once more. "Karra, this is the crest of my family. Anyone who has this in their possesion is free and untouchable from the outer world, and even the high rank people, but that person has to follow the rules settled by the royal constituent that had given this so called necklace to her or him." He explained, holding it between them. "Karra, I want to give this to you." The young man said with a firm tone.
Karra was surprised at how happy her question had made him. She followed him to the garden, looking upon the statue in awe. "Yes. It is." It was so amazing. When he showed her the necklace again and explained this time, she listened intently. That was a very important piece of jewelry.

When Ross insisted that she have it, she stared at him in surprise. But after a moment of hesitation she nodded and then took it, putting it on. "Thank you." she said quietly. "Will this protect me from your uncle, as well?" After a few more moments of silence, her eyes went from the necklace to him.

"I would like to know the rules." If there were rules that she needed to follow, she wanted to know them right away. To not know was very dangerous, because she might break one without even knowing it. She was relieved, however. She was given protection now.

Ross was happy that she accepted the necklace, but the smile his lips formed turned into a plain line when he heard the question about the King. "This will protect you from everything, The King included." He said with a firm nod. "Although, it doesn't has magic. They can still hurt you, but if they do....They will have to endure the severe concequences." He said with a mischievous wide grin, just to turn to the statue of the wolf once more. "That is how my father protected my dear mother. No one dared to lay a finger on her while they were still alive."

Then, he would walk over to a bush of white roses, and carefully cut one, just to form a small hair clip with the stem of it and then step towards Karra, just to gently wrap it around one of those blonde locks of hair. "As white represents the pure friendship between our people, that is the only rule I will ask from you." He explained, bending over the own system to give the girl more than an option to choose. "The only rule is that I give you the option to accept my friendship. That is all I will ask. Along with you following me everywhere I go, just to make sure Vincent doesn't lays a finger on you." He said with a warm smile, looking down to her beautiful china blue eyes.
Karra stayed there and listened. She blushed when he put the flower in her hair, and as he asked for her friendship she nodded and hesitated one moment before hugging him. "You have my friendship," she promised, "And my loyalty." She let go and stepped back, smiling slightly. "Thank you...for everything you've done for me."

She nodded in relief when he mentioned why he wanted her to follow him. "Yes, I will." She wanted certainly to be able to stay with Ross and be assured that the king wouldn't hurt her. "But..." She went quiet. "Be careful. I'm sure your uncle is going on with his plan since he thinks you are now a man..." She bit her lip. "I wish I knew what it was so I could help you. But I don't..."

Ross held the girl on a warm grip of his arms before she stepped back, releasing a soft chuckle as he lifted a hand to scratch the back of his head as a sifnal of embarrasment. "I am glad, and you have mine as well, Karra." He said, closing his eyes to laugh cheerfully, slowly stopping and thinking deeply about what his uncle could be plotting against him. The prince even had to sit down at the edge of the fountain to think about it. His mind had to remember those old lessons about the law system the Kingdom had when he was just eleven years old. Then, a sudden truth came into his mind. "There is actually some kind of things a royal member cannot do. One of them is...Oh....Oh by the Gods...I...can't believe it..." He said, suddenly lifting his hands to hold his head, seeming like he was starting to realize a hard truth.

One of the royal rules inquired that by no means a prince, while being a minor of age could have intimacy with slaves, or anyone else. Yes, the prince had just turned eighteen years old, but...the royal system had to wait five days to make it official. It took him almost twenty minutes to explain the situation to Karra. He was thankful that nothing had happened between them.

Then, he would get up to walk in circles, his young mind trying to figure out what would happen after he was accused of it. "Calm down Ross...Calm down..." He would say to himself several times, seeming like every time he did made his mind to get even more stressed. "If we stay....we will be summoned to an audience with the elders." He started to explain once again. "It will take a full week for them to understand that somehow I knew that the King was planning something against me...but...why? Why would my own uncle...?" He asked to himself, having a torrent of thought running inside his mind. He needed help, he needed to make a decision, and make it fast.
Karra watched and listened as he thought things over and then explained. She rubbed the back of her neck, thinking things over. "Is there some way we can prove to them that nothing happened?" She touched his shoulder. "Perhaps he wants to keep the throne." She smiled slightly. "It...will be okay. We'll prove that nothing happened, somehow, and everything will be okay."

She didn't know how these things worked, though. She looked around for a moment and then looked at him. "I'm here to help you if I can."

Ross didn't knew why, but somehow her voice released a huge weight from his mind. Then, he would turn slowly towards her, returning the same smile. "There is. We could ask for an audience with the Credo, just to make them check that I didn't had any intimacy with you." He explained with a warm smile, while his eyes looked around, still wandering into his mind as he lifted a hand to tap his lower lip. "But...if the we win the audience, chaos would take over the Kingdom. Vincent would come down from the throne, and then I would rise to it, but....I can't do it. I don't know how to rule a Kingdom. Not yet." He said, looking directly to the balcony of his room. "He knows that I wouldn't do it, and if I do it...He would have a hidden Ace under his sleeve." He murmured, thinking about it. "Thinking about it, he would even try to kill us if we win the audience..." He said with a serious expression.

The prince would reach a hand to hold hers tightly, without hurting her as he murmured. "The smartest thing we could do is leave the country for some time after we win the audience." He said on a firm tone, thinking that it was the only choice to get alive of it.
Karra nodded in relief. There was a way to prove that he was still innocent. When he spoke of the king wanting to kill them if they did win the audience, she grew concerned. Her own life...well, she had considered it forefeit the moment she was sold into slavery. But Ross, he had so much to do, so much he could change and help with that pure heart and solid kindness.

He had her full attention when he took her hand. "Alright." She touched the necklace that he had given her. "I will follow you as I promised." She smiled softly at him, showing that she was not following him just because it was a rule, but because she wanted to. With Ross was the safest place to be. She considered herself lucky to be able to be there.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus