Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

Ross was lost inside his mind, thinking over and over again about the last past days. The betrayal of his uncle, the corruption of the Credo, and his runaway towards Rumel...What else was going to happen to them? Suddenly, he was pulled out from his thoughts when he felt a warmth over his knee, along with her soft words. Like usual, another smile, yet this one was very faint, if not non existent, formed over his lips, making his expression to look at least a little bit more relaxed. "...I hope so.." He said with a last sigh, lowering a hand to hold hers.

"Do you want to know a curious fact?" He said after a long moment of silence, all by the time he gently held both of her hands to lead her towards the next chair, not wanting her to be kneeling down infront of him. She was not considered a slave to him anymore. Now she was a friend, and equal, and he was going to treat Karra as one, even though if it took time for her to understand that. "Vincent is not my uncle." The prince suddenly confessed to the girl. "Vincent is the bastard son of my grandfather, and he came to our palace when he was already twenty years old. That would explain why his behavior is way too different from my dear father. They are, simply put, like oil and water." He spoke while playing with his fingers, thinking deeply about it. "While my father was an honest and kind ruler, Vincent always advised my father that he had to show the nearest kingdoms that we are better by striking surprise wars...And he always received a no as an answer...He always scared me when I was little..." He was speaking, until he blinked a couple of times and chuckled softly. "I...I'm sorry, I think I'm bothering you with all this. We should rest, since we didn't sleep last night."
((*punts self into chat*))

Karra blushed softly as he took her hand in his, listening when he asked such a strange question. She'd let him move her towards the chair, sitting there and watching him carefully. "If you wish to tell me." she answered. She listened to the sudden piece of advice and stared in surprise.

At the explanation, she nodded slightly. "I see.." She watched her master carefully while he spoke, then when he stopped a gentle smile was given. "Please, do not feel that way. I am always willing to learn more about you and your family." He mentioned sleep, and she found that she was indeed rather tired. "Very well. I believe that is a good idea, master."

If he wished for Karra not to act like a slave, he had a tough, tough job ahead of him. It wasn't a behavior that she could switch on and off. She pulled her hands away gently and made her way to her own bed, getting in it. At least with two beds, she didn't feel guilty for sleeping on one. "Sleep well, master."

(*Facepalms himself* Sorry, forgot the chat exsist xD)

Ross sighed for a last time, not worried, but more relaxed instead, his legs slowly forcing him to stand up after Karra headed towards her bed, just by the time he took the precautions to lock the door, good enough to let the wake up in case someone wanted to get inside their cabin. "Thank you once again, Karra. Have a good night." He said by the time he covered the small window with the courtains, trying to block the sunlight to enter, although it was barely mid day.

Slowly, he unwrapped that pair of heavy plated boots, just to leave them on a corner, and then jump onto his own bed, not even covering himself with the sheets, trying to make as little noise as it was possible, although every movement made the bed to creak, his arms slowly wrapping under his head as he stared blankly at the ceiling, his thoughts making him to fall asleep rather quickly. It wouldn't be too long after he woke up suddenly, bathed in sweat, breathing made a mess as he looked around, trying to check where he was. He had a nightmare....and it had been the first in years.
((We often just get on at different times. X3))

Karra truly didn't know what he was thanking her for. She was treating him how he should be treated. She fell asleep soon, tired of course. When Ross woke up, she stirred. It was some innate sixth sense that brought her to wake up, her eyes travelling around their room until they landed on her master.

Karra was out of bed in moments and by his side instantly. Fingers running through his hair, hand rubbing his back, lips moving in soft, comforting hushes. "Master, are you alright? Is something wrong?" She got a cloth and sat back down beside him, dabbing the sweat from his face and neck, still petting his back and his head, trying to calm him.

She was worried immensely about him. It was unusual for him to be like this, as far as she could tell. "Is there anything I can do, master?"

The last he wanted was to bother her, but even so, he was thankful that she was there for him. His breathing was still erratical, and both hands were holding on her arms, not hurting her, but certainly holding her like if he was about to fall from a balcony. "It...it was just a nightmare...I am fine." He breathed out, gulping down audibly and trying to calm himself, a hand releasing her arm, just to press against is chest and feel how his own heartbeat was rushing a mile per second.

He slowly turned to face her, a smile trying to be shown, but it was difficult. All his efforts to try and show her that he was okay fadded away when he looked at the small mirror that was behind Karra, noticing how his deep chocolate eyes turned into a bright, almost glowing orange and his canines had grown a little bit. At it, he quickly turned around to face the decorated wall, not wanting to be discovered by Karra as he swore to himself several times. "...I am fine, Karra. You can go to sleep again, I am sorry I woke you up." He murmured, trying harder to calm himself as he rested his back against the wood wall that was the head of the bed.
Karra looked at him with concern, not at all trusting his words. He was not okay, it was obvious. "I woke up on my own." she said quietly. Her hands rubbed his back, trying to help calm him. "It's alright...it was just a dream, master. It was just a dream." She didn't know how to help him other than just try to calm him down.

She had noticed his odd facial qualities and it concerned her further, but she did not press it. She stood up after a time and moved back to her own bed. "If you need anything at all, please tell me. I am here for you."

Truth was...That he had a lively memory of when a messenger came to the castle, saying that his parents died in a consuming fire that took over the ship they were traveling in. That devastating notice made the poor eight year old to literally break and stay blank for a whole month.

He always thought he hag gone over it, but...it seems like his mind likes to play tricks to himself. "...If I need anything...I will let you know." He said on a neutral tone, getting himself comfortable on the bed once again, and turning his back towards the girl, softly snoring after a while, trying to look like he was asleep, although he was awake, fearing that if he fell asleep, he would dream that horrible day once again.
Karra would lay down, but she would not sleep for another half hour. At last though she was dreaming again, resting peacefully. She slept for a couple more hours and then awoke, her attention going right to her master as she got up. "Master? Are you alright?" She walked over to him and gently touched his shoulder.

She hated feeling so helpless, but there was just nothing she could do against a dream. "If you wish to stay in bed, I can go get you something to eat and bring it here." She smiled gently, trying to help him be okay again. All she wanted was for him to be happy and smiling again.

Ross was right about to fall asleep, but thankfully, Karra woke up, making him to slightly jump when she touched his shoulder. "Hmm? Oh, yeah...I am." He said, slowly turning to look at her, looking like he was more relaxed now. he stood silent after she spoke about bringing him something to eat, and he was about to answer, until his stomach spoke for itself. "...I would really appreciate that." He said with an honest smile, not aware of what he had said.....until she was out of the room. Quickly, he got up from his bed, just to halfway wrap those boots on his feet as he ran out of the cabin, remembering that she had to stay close to him, swearing again to himself for being too slow and letting her go on her own, running inside the kitchen that was at the middle floor of the ship...and find that she was indeed the center of attention, but not in the mean way.

There was music, there were drinks, and there were some sailors dancing at the same time, but a woman was needed, and it wouldn't be too long after a young, almost rookie sailor invited her with a wide, honest smile and a polite bow, to follow him inside the dancing circle. He was amazed. The old man had lied to him once again. He had not noticed that the crew members were part of the most loyal guards of Sir Lionel. Maybe they were not that educated, but they were trustful, and just as cheerful as a child would be.
Karra had left as soon as he had agreed to it. She had found herself amidst a cheerful group, and decided that her master could wait just one dance to get his meal. She curtsied with a smile to the young sailor and took his hand, following him inside the dancing circle.

She twirled around with him, a bright smile upon her face. It was such fun to dance to the music with kind people. She changed partners a few times, enjoying every person she met. At last though she politely excused herself, promising to come later, and went to fetch a meal for her master. As she was leaving with the tray, she spotted him there.

"Oh, master! I'm so sorry, did I take too long?" She felt a bit guilty for dancing away while he was hungry. She held the tray of food out to him, looking down. "I'm sorry. I should have gotten your meal right away."

Ross was happy to finally see that she was being open to someone else besides him. He knew that it was hard to be a slave, and that she thought that everyone was mean, but, it drew a smile, more like a grin, to say the least to his face as he watched her dance. "No need to apologize, Karra. You can keep dancing all night long if you wish." He said with a smile, gently shaking his head when she said how sorry she was from getting distracted, just to take the plate of food and walk towards a seat next to his old mentor.

"Quite the amazing girl, she is." The old man said once he was at his side, smoking on his pipe, just by the time the prince sighed and began to eat. "That thing is going to end your life, and you know it." Was all the young man said, only receiving a faint, yet cheerful laugh from his teacher. "Seriously speaking now, Ross. Why you brought that slave girl with you?" Sir Lionel asked directly as he always was towards the prince. "I understand that you promised her freedom and that you will treat her as a normal girl, but--" "--But nothing, Proffesor. She is coming with me, until I say otherwise. She looks like she had suffered as much as I did, and even more." The prince interrupted him, thing that he didn't dared to say, but, as kind as the prince could be, he was strong willed, and there was no way he would take back his words.
Karra smiled at him, then nodded and went off to start dancing again. Now that her master had his meal, she felt fine dancing away the hours with the other sailors. She seemed to glow with happiness as she twirled around the dance floor with the men. Many conversations were had, happily getting to know the other men.

At last, she made her way to her master and curtsied, before holding out her hand towards him. "Will my master honor me with a dance?" she said, smiling warmly. She glanced towards Lionel and giggled softly. "I promise you are next, Sir." She would dance with him, too! But Ross was first. Ross was always first.

Ross soon forgot the short exchange of words with his old mentor when the blonde girl, his friend, approached with the inttention to have a dance with him. "Of course, but be warned. I am not a good dancer." He said with a short laugh as his feet forced the prince to stand up and make a polite bow before Karra, taking her hand and walking right to the middle of the improvised dance floor.

Slowly, the young man began to take the lead of it, and began to dance like he had never done it before. He had assisted to a couple of formal ballroom dances, but he was not good at it because he was not comfortable with his partner, but....with Karra, it was different. He had never had so much fun in his life, and Karra was showing him what he had been missing.
Karra had never felt so filled with life. She danced and twirled with her master, the man who was closer to her heart than any had ever been. "I don't know what you're talking about, master." she said to him with a light giggle. "You dance wonderfully." When at last the music was over, and people were sent to their rooms or to their post, and Karra had given a dance to Sir Lionel as well, she finally made her way back to her room.

"That was wonderful!" she told Ross as she entered their room. "I have never had so much fun, in all my life!" Truly, it had been thrilling. She felt blessed to be able to experience something so wonderful, and with her master at that!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus