Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

Ross felt and tripped as well when Karra was pushed against him, but he didn't fell down to the floor. "All he did was turn towards her to smile and let her know that it was okay, just in time to notice that they had been spotted. Four guards had crawled out of the same hatch, acompained by a red headed male. It was Thomas, the favorite guard dog of his uncle. "...Damnit..." Was all he said, just by the time he held tightly on her arm, knowing that she may be hurt from tripping against him, but still he tried his best to reach the ship of his old mentor, until they were out of the busy crowd. It would take the guards enough time for them to get inside, but that wouldn't stop them from getting into the ship. "We are going to the ship of my mentor. He is a good person." Was all he said before he reached the cargo griddle.

"Now, run into the ship and show an old man with a long white beard the necklace. He will know that we are here. Go!" He said, holding the girl by her shoulders, just to turn and stand right infront of her, looking at the crowd as the soldiers made their way to the docks, standing at a dangerous distance from the prince. "I am impressed, Prince Ross. I never thought you would use the same escape route that your father used thirty years ago, but... you must return to the castle." Was all the red headed general said with his usual cold tone towards the young man. "By will, or by force."
Karra noticed the men as well, and her face paled. She rushed with him towards the ship, ignoring the pain that shot through her ankle with every step. She couldn't let it slow her down, they had to get to that ship and she would not be the cause of Ross's capture. He needed to get away. When he told her to go, she frowned. Hadn't she told him before that she wouldn't? But she started to, just in time for him to turn his back to her. Then she sneaked back to him and hid behind his back, out of his sight and out of the men's sight too.

"...Force this!" Karra ducked under Ross's arm and threw a sturdy rock right at the general's head. She was a slave, and therefore by no means weak. She grabbed Ross and pushed him towards the ship. "Go! Fast!" She was going to be the one taking up the rear. Not him. She would throw whatever else was in reach, doing whatever she could to buy them time.

Ross couldn't believe what he just saw. Was she really that loyal or caring enough to even put her life at risk, for him? His mind quickly acted when he saw the rock landing right onver his left brow, making a clear cut to appear over his skin as he released a soft yelp of pain, followed by an order of his arm to aprehend the girl. Karra was a slave to them, and that kind of act could even mean death to her, but Ross wouldn't let that happen. "K-Karra! No!" He shouted, looking back at her as he was being pushed. He had to do something, and quick.

With a swift move of his wrist, he took the short sword of his belt, along with the sheath, just to hit one of the guards on his chin with a 'stab' of it, leaving him senseless as the heavy body covered in it's armor fell on the floor. With the same impulse, he made a forceful turn to slap the other guard with the flat side of the sheath, not enough to leave him out of his sense, but enough to make him flinch and step backwards. Once the main attention was centered on him, Ross lifted Karra on his arms, quickly starting to run towards the griddle, barely missing being caught by a third guard as he made his way into it, a barrier of sailors stopping the movement of the kingdom guard, just to be literally thrown out of the ship as it was starting to move, but it was too slow.

Slowly, he placed Karra on her feet, looking at her with a worried, yet mad expression. "Do NOT... do that again, please. It was....brave, but..." He panted out, trying to catch his breath as he looked back to the griddle, in time to see it being kicked out from the ship as it started to pick up speed, a heavy weight being lifted from his shoulders as at last his plan was working.
Karra frowned. She wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer, but when Ross turned and started taking control, she let him. As she was lifted, she gasped. "S-sir!" She was settled down upon the floor and stared as he looked at her. When he started scolding her, she flinched and looked down, ashamed.

She didn't say anything, and instead just stared down at the floor. There was nothing to say. She had gone directly against his orders, and so she couldn't give any sort of excuse or explanation. She didn't think when she did those things, she just acted. Acted for the sake of her master.

The prince noticed that he was being too severe for what she had done. After all, all Karra wanted was to protect her master, and he had just scolded the poor girl without valid reason. Slowly, the prince lifted his arms to wrap them around the slightly smaller girl, right by the time his hands gently caressed her back, holding her on a warm hug as his face inched closer to nuzzle at the top of her head. "...I'm sorry. Thank you for trying to save me back there, Karra, but please understand one thing. I will not leave wherever we are without you. Not even if my life is at risk." He said with a soft tone against her golden locks of hair, slowly releasing her as he now held both of her shoulders, just to dedicate a warm smile towards his new, and maybe only trusty friend.

Moments later, it was, by far, way too peaceful. They had escaped on the personal ship of Lionel, but that didn't meant they wouldn't get stopped by a battle cruiser from the kingdom, although there was none at sight. Maybe their escape was into the plans of his uncle?
[So sorry! I never saw this on my news feed!]

Karra was quiet, but when he apologized and held her, her arms wrapped around him as well. She was quiet, silence, and was just holding him while he spoke. "I forgive you, of course...Thank you. Thank you for not leaving me." She didn't want to be alone again. "What do we do now...?" She looked at him, then pulled away slightly and looked around. Her hand took hold of his and she started walking, getting to a safer place on the ship.

"I will be with you wherever you go, sir."

(Don't worry ^^ I am the one that needs to say sorry for taking too long to reply ^^;)

The prince smiled once they separated from eachother, that smile fadding slowly due to the next question that escaped from her lips. "...I...I do not know..." He confessed as he turned to look to a side, just in time to notice that his old mentor was walking towards them. "Having troubles, young Prince?" He asked with a smile, clearly showing that he had something in mind, Ross gently rolling his eyes and chuckling at it. "I can suggest if we travel towards the lands of Rumel. I have a couple of friends that can help you once we are there....but, oh, pardon my rudeness." Continued the old fragile man to talk, until he noticed that beautiful young woman standing by the side of the prince.

"You must be Karra. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, young lady." Said Lionel with a warm smile, even making a polite bow before her. Lionel was well known amongst the townspeople for something else besides being one of the best teachers around the place. When he was young, he loved to court the fairer sex, be it a young girl like Karra, or a mature relict. "You must be quite interesting for the Prince to take you with him. It is rare when Prince Ross trusts someone like he--" He was saying, before a elbow of the prince dug gently against his ribs, almost like telling him to shut up.
Karra felt they were in quite the predicament if they had no idea what would happen next. Upon the mentor's appearance, the girl took her rightful place at Ross's side, silent and letting the two converse. She let go of Ross's hand of course upon his mentor's approach. It probably wouldn't be deemed proper for a slave to be so clinging to her master. When Sir Lionel bowed to her, she returned the gesture, a soft blush on her cheeks. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, sir." She listened to his speech up until he was interrupted, though there was no smile on her lips. She bowed her head slightly. "I am sure you are quite mistaken, sir." she said quietly. "I have already proven to my master that I am undeserving of his trust." She was, of course, speaking about the part she had taken in the scheme Ross's uncle had taken.

She still felt guilty about it.

It was true when she spoke about not deserving the trust of the prince, yet conffessing the plans against him in time was more than enough reason for Ross to think that she, in fact, didn't wanted to be part of it, and that she cared for him. The prince was well known for being too forgiving for his own good, and for being way too kind to follow the path of a severe ruler. That was the main reason of why he didn't wanted to be the King.

Ross couldn't help but smile softly at her words, followed by a gentle shake of his head as the old Lionel knew what he was thinking at that mere moment. "Believe me, young girl. There is more than one single reason that could explain why he trusts you like he does. There is no way to defy that." Said the old man with a smile before making a move of his wrist to be followed towards his private cabin.
Karra was still amazed by the fact that he had forgiven her, and to the point where he gave her the necklace to protect her. It had taken two nights, but she had confessed of the plan Ross's uncle was scheming. Ross was just too kind, the guilt she had felt on betraying him was simply too much. "If you insist." was all she said to Lionel. She would follow along with Lionel towards his private cabin, walking beside Ross. She glanced often at him, worried. Was he okay? Was he still mad at her for trying to protect him? Was this the right choice they were making?

"Are you alright, master?" she asked Ross quietly.

His eyes met the ones of Karra when she turned to look at him, making his lips to form a light smile towards her. "Hmm? Oh, yes... I just need to...set my thoughts properly." He said, not aware that he seemed to be distracted in his thoughts, his steps following the ones of his old mentor until they were inside a vast cabin, one that was obviously occupied by a schollar since it was filled with thick, old books, the faint, yet strong smell of ink and worn out paper, along with a small, comfortable bed.

Sir Lionel quikly headed towards the desk filled with books, trying to make as much free space as he could while the prince helped with it, just to extend an old map of the entire region. "Look, it will take us five or six days to reach the eastern shores of Rumel, that if the weather is on our side." Said the old man, adjusting the monocle over his right eye. Ross turned to look at the blonde girl by the time his old mentor stopped form talking. "Will you be able to ressist that long?" He asked, clearly worried that she might get seasick.
Karra nodded slightly at his words and turned her attention to the room they entered in. She watched the older man carefully, surprised when her master turned his attention upon her. "Yes, I will be fine." She didn't really know, but she would hold out for him. She would suffer anything if it was for his cause, of course.

"What do we do once we are there, sir? Pardon my rudeness, but...what was the point of running away? Will not it only leave the king in his current stature? It is almost the same as if he had truly kicked out my master."

The old Lionel smiled soflty at the words of the girl, appreciating that she was as concerned as they were on the matter, and not only following the prince around. "Interesting question, dear Karra." Started to explain as his blue eyes sparkled in excitement. "You see, our plans include to leave you and the prince all safe under the wing of a couple of friends.They own a famous adventurers guild, so, in the meantime, maybe both of you can learn how to survive on your own, since..." He explained, seeming like he counted still that their plans could fail. "...Sometimes it is safer to run away than staying in the same place with the enemy, even when it is a member of the family." Continued the prince this time. "I know perfectly the way my uncle uses to act, so it is not safe to stay by his side, or near him when you are a clear threat to his plans."
Karra listened to both of the men explain, taking time to think it over in her mind. "I see. I understand that, but while we are away, what good does it do to the kingdom? Yes we are protecting ourselves, and protecting the prince, which is highly important. But can the prince still inherit the throne, as is his right, if he is not at the castle?"

She bit her lip after a moment, quieting. "I apologize. I am just...trying to understand, that is all.."

Her words made both of the men to drop slightly their possitive thoughts. "Don't worry, dear. It is always a delight to please a curious mind, and as long as the Prince is alive, it will always be his right to inherit the throne." Sir Lionel said, rolling the map to close it and put it on it's respective place, all while the prince was looking out the heavily reinforced window to look out to the calm sea, now the shore of his hometown being the size of the palm of his hand. "As for the Kingdom..." The old man was saying, until the voice of the prince was heard on a low murmur. "...Dark days are coming...and I will make sure that Vincent will pay if he dares to do something against it." Ross ended before dedicating a false relaxed smile towards his companion.
Karra listened to the two men. She was relieved to hear that Ross would always be able to claim the throne. However, Ross's words sent a shiver through her spine. However, she knew a false smile when she saw one, and she only knew a couple ways to cheer up a person. She stepped towards Ross and carefully wrapped her arms around him, holding him close for a few moments. At last she would step back, her cheeks a soft pink. "You should not smile if you are not happy." she said quietly. "You do not need to pretend with me. I would be honored if you would be honest with me, prince..."

She knew she could not rightfully ask such a thing, because she had not been honest with him. But she hoped, perhaps, he would at least allow her this honesty.

The prince was amazed that she could notice when he was faking a smile. Was he really that easy to read? Even if he was, her words made him to truly smile once again, his arms wrapping around her on a soft hug, until they departed and took a light distance from each other. "Thank you, Karra. I promise I will always be honest with you." He said with a warm smile, noticing a faint pink tone over her pale, yet beautiful cheeks, feeling like he could stay there with her on his arms forever...until they were interrupted by a light cough from the old man, obviously trying to catch their attention once again.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but how about if we go to your cabin?" Sir Lionel said with a smile, already walking towards the door as Ross held Karra's hand softly, following his old mentor towards the deck, looking at how the crew members stared at the blonde girl by his side, making him feel pretty uncomfortable. "The crew members...they are relieable, right, Proffesor?" The prince asked with an annoyed tone once they were inside their own room. It had what was needed. A pair of comfortable beds and a small dinning table, along with two chairs that were bolted to the floor as the table was, this being in case a storm hit the ship. "Indeed they are, but they are men as well." He inquired with a brow lifted, turning to look at the blonde girl. "So, please dear, for your own safety, don't stay alone for too long, or try in the possible to be in the company of the prince, or mine. It is always nice to have a chat with a new friend." Said honestly the old teacher with a smile over his worn out lips. "He can even teach you a couple of things in the mean time" Ross added, trying to inquire towards the old man if he could spend the time to educate a little the slave girl. She was well mannered, yes, and she knew how to read and write, but it would not do her any harm to know about the coin currency of the provinces and whatnot that was neccesary.
Karra's blush was growing more prominent under Ross's gaze, so she was relieved when their attention was pulled towards Sir Lionel. If she were being open and honest, she would admit that she would not mind staying in his arms forever either. Never had she met a kinder person. Ross's promise to be open with her made her very happy. She would however give her attention to Lionel and incline her head slighly in a nod, walking along beside Ross as they made their way to their cabin.

Ross was not the only one to notice the crew staring at the pretty girl. Karra herself moved closer to him, trying to deliver the message that she belonged to the prince. When Lionel answered Ross's question, she simply nodded slightly. "I will be by my master's side as much as he wishes." she promised. She would not mind to be taught a few things, however. Perhaps Lionel could tell her a little more about her own master, even.

Ross felt a smile forming over his lips when he heard her words. Three, maybe four days by now from having met this girl, and she had achieved already on making him happy once again. "Oh, I am sure that is the only thing he wishes at the moment." Sir lionel dared to say with a soft chuckle, only getting an embarrassed blush and a childish "Hey!" from the prince. "Very well then, I will leave you two alone for a while. Oh, and Karra, whenever you feel like chatting, please do visit my cabin." Said the old man before leaving the room with a smile, the prince not moving from his place until he heard the door clicking closed.

After that, he took the chance to take off that cloak and leave it on the table, along with his heavy belt, just to release a deep sigh as he threw himself against a chair. "...This....This still seems like a dream to me..." He suddenly said on a low murmur while his gaze was up on the woodened ceiling, looking at that lantern waving from side to side by the movement of the sea waves. "I always felt like...like there was something out of place...but not something like this." The prince murmured again, closing his eyes and sighing once again, showing that he was truly worried for the first time.
Karra blushed softly at Lionel's words, looking down shyly yet again. When Lionel spoke of visiting him, she turned her gaze towards him, smiled, and nodded. "I will be sure to do that, sir Lionel." She too stood still, though even after the door had closed. Her gaze followed Ross as he took off a couple accessories of his outfit and then sit down. The sigh concerned her. Upon his words, Karra walked silently over to him. She knelt down at his feet, draping herself against his leg and resting her head on his knee. "It is the worst kind of betrayal." she said quietly. "I am so sorry that you have to experience."

She knew how he felt. The betrayal of someone close and personal. Her own parents had sold her off, after all. "Things will be set right." she promised, blue eyes gazing up at him. "Things will be set right, and sadness will never touch your heart again." She hated to see him so sad. She would much rather see the smile he had had when Lionel was in the room. Her fingers played with the necklace she wore, her eyes lowering from his face before simply closing. She kept her spot against his leg, her head resting on his knee. It was her way of trying to comfort him.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus