Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu)

Very well adorned woodened chairs, tables and whatnot of furniture could befound inside the large hall of the Castle, this one being of the Marrow Kingdom. It was the property of a noble family, one that held a dark past. The King, along with the Queen, had died in a tragic ship accident overseas, leaving their only son orphan, but at the care of his old uncle, the one that rose to the throne after the passing of his dear brother. The young man grew up like any usual boy of his age. He never liked to be spoiled with treats, gifts or whatever they used to call it. Instead, what he always desired was to be free and travel the world with his own feet, not to be carried by a hundred of guards. And so his life went by until the boy turned eighteen years old. That same night, a letter slid under his door, saying that he was needed at the throne room. Why would someone do that, and not knock the door? Ignoring that, the boy went to the room, dressed in the usual formal attire of his family that consisted on a loose sleep silk white shirt, along with a pair of black trousers, a silver short sword always held at the left side of his hips as he walked right towards where he was called to. A couple of minutes after, the boy entered the throne room, just to find a couple of guards, his dear uncle standing right in the middle of the large room along with....someone under a cloak? who was that? "Uncle Vincent! For what do I owe the pleasure of talking to you at this late hour of the night?" The young man asked, looking at his old sibling with his deep chocolate pupils. "Is it bad if I only want to exchange a few words with my dear nephew?" The old man asked, looking down at his young sibling with a light smile, his pale factions clearly saying that he wasn't blood related at all. "Look, son. I just wanted to give you a gift...since you can't still be the King." He said, gently patting the left shoulder of the person that was right by his side, looking at how a couple of long golden locks fell from the hood. Was that....a girl?
Karra stood so still that she might be percieved as a doll. Vincent had had her cleaned up so she could be a presentable present. Her light blue eyes could be seen under the hood of the cloak for only a moment as she dared to glance up from the floor to the person whom would soon possess her. Those china blue pupils were quickly downcast again, lest she be caught staring and rebuked.

She made no movement and no sound without being told to. New masters were hard to understand and often fickle, because what was acceptable to one master might not be acceptable to the new one. So Karra knew to tread lightly. She let the exchange happen between uncle and nephew, waiting for when she would be revealed. She'd been scrubbed clean and put in acceptable attire, a clean, dull tan servant's dess with a white apron around the waist. The gold bracers were left upon her arms with her name etched into them. Her hair had been cleaned, brushed and was let down to frame her tan, expressionless face.
Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

The boy was really intrigued now. Why his uncle had brought a girl to that place? His mind was plain confused, until his eyes gazed upon a pair gold bracers upon her arms; She was a servant. The girl was beautiful indeed, but the was something out of place. Why was her face inexpressive? He was staring too much into her delicate factions until that pair of light blue eyes met his, just to look at them drop their sight to the floor again. That made a clear faint blush to appear over his own cheeks, thing that didn't happened very often. "Ah, I could tell that you like her already." The old King said wit ha mischievous smile, gently patting her back to make the girl walk towards him. "Treat her well, son." Vincent added with a wink, meaning something that his naive mind couldn't understand...for a couple of seconds. "Uncle, for the love of God!" The boy said, flusttered by the idea he had got. The new King was well known for using young girls for his own purposes, but the young man was raised well, and he was teached to not touch a girl without her consent. "What are you thinking? You know i can't do this to her!" He said, calling enough attention to make the guards turn and listen to their conversation, the old man leaning forward to whisper at his ear as an answer. "Be careful, Ross. Not all that is said with the best of intentions leaves this castle the same way." He whispered, just to push him softly. "Now go on, and happy birthday." Was all Vincent said before turning to sit at the throne. " can't believe it..." The boy murmured, shaking his head, standing right infront of the girl. "Hi there. What is your name?" He said with a warm smile towards the female human, although he already could read her name, but his curiosity wanted to listen to her voice.
Karra approached the boy as she was indicated to, keeping her gaze to the floor. Her eyes did not leave the spot even as she was questioned. "Karra, sir." was the quiet whisper of a response. She could practically feel Vincent's eyes on them both and it made her rather uncomfortable. She said nothing more than those two words, though they would be enough to satisfy his curiousity. Her voice was soft and gentle, but held no emotion within it.

She once more stayed still, not moving until told to. She especially did not want to make a wrong move with Vincent around. She already had a feeling that he would be inquiring later as to whether Ross had used her for the intended purposes. If not, the older man would probably order her to approach him for such a thing.

Karra didn't look up at him again. She wanted to get a better look at what kind of person she now belonged to, but she feared meeting his eyes like the last time she'd taken a glance up.

Ross was very intrigued about her behavior. Had he done something wrong? A couple of seconds later he realized that maybe she had been mistreated in the past. "Nice to meet you, Karra, I'm Ross." The boy said, turning his back to stand by her side, offering her an arm on a polite manner, along with a warm smile that she just couldn't see since the girl was looking dirently to the floor. "Now, would you be so kind to follow me? I can sense that you don't feel comfortable here either." said the young man in a low murmur, telling the girl that he didn't trusted his own uncle very much. Once both of them were out of the throne room the young prince leaded the girl to his onw private quarters, gently lifting a hand to hold her chin, trying to make the girl look up to his eyes. "Look, you don't need to fear me, or anything around. I know that I can't earn your trust right away, but you can believe me when I say I would NEVER do something bad to you." He said, holding that smile over his factions, trying to change her way of thinking.
Karra accepted the arm and let him take her to his private quarters. She glanced around while they walked, though not at him. She wanted to memorize the layout of the castle, should she need to fetch things for her new master. When Ross took hold of her chin her body tensed but she allowed him to draw her gaze, lifting her eyes to him.

He had not given her a question and so she did not give an answer. She just gave a tiny little nod to show that she had heard him. His words meant nothing to her, unfortunately. They were just that; words. It wasn't the first time someone had spoken so kindly to her. She did not expect there to be any follow through. Perhaps the first day, maybe the second. Maybe it would last an entire week, this 'nice' and 'innocent' act of his. But she would not believe it.

She waited for an order. Some command given to her that she could follow. Bitter feelings had already rose up inside her at this master pretending to be kind and pretending that he could understand her or perhaps get her to be relaxed and normal. This boy knew barely anything of slavery, she could tell.
((Afk for supper, be back soon))

Ross waited a light smile, a faint expression over her face, but nothing happened, only a light nod.That just made him feel bad. Had she really been that mistrated? Had she suffered that much to not trust anyone? The young man released a sigh as an answer, along with her chin, just to keep walking with her at the room that was right by his side. The next thing the prince did was to open slightly one of the heavy woodened doors, showing a large empty room with a King sized bed adorned with light blue sheets that matched her eyes. 'What a coincidence' He thought. The room also had a balcony that aimed directly to the private garden, along with a heavy wardrobe and a desk with a botthe of ink anda handful of paper sheets. It was, obviously, the room for one of the royal guests.

"So....Uhm...This will be your room, Karra." The young man said, standing right at one side of the door, hoping that at least this could cheer her up some, although he knew that this would make him look like he was trying to spoil her.

(Sure thing ^^ Although I have to go, sadly. See you tomorrow, maybe xD)
((Okay xD))

Karra followed him to the door and stared at the room. It looked far too lavish for her. After a few moments of debate, she spoke. This way she could at least tell Vincent later that she had tried. "I believe His Majesty intended for me to share your bed." she said quietly. Her body tensed in preparation for whatever punishment would befall her for speaking out of turn.

She had indeed been severely mistreated in the past, numerous times. Her expression never changed, her voice remained calm and level and respecting, and her eyes once more resumed their downcast gaze. She did not expect him to accept her words, judging by his actions. But this way if the king did question her tomorrow, she could honestly tell him that she had tried to act on the king's intentions for her purpose.

Ross gave a helpless sigh at her words. Good, at least the girl was starting to talk. Then, the young prince gently held her hand, moving his feet towards his own private quarters. "Hmm...Is that so? Well, I guess we should obey the orders from His Mayesty." He said with a mischievous grin by the time a couple of much older guards passed by their side, and it would be more than enough to say that their expression said enough about what they were thinking of that couple. When they were far away to not listen a word, Ross released her hand by the time they were infront of his own door. "His Mayesty may be the King and my uncle as well, but I don't need to obey every word he says." Mumbled he towards her, grabbing the perch of the door just to slowly twist it, making the door to open, but the difference was that the sheets were plain dark colored.

After the door was shut closed, he pointed at the bed with a hand, while he tried to unbutton the belt that held the short silver sword that was hanging by his left side. "Please, get comfortable." The boy said with a warm smile, placing the weapon on the desk and then starting to unbutton the loose white shirt that was covering his torso, just to leave it open and then take off the pair of plated boots that were covering half of his legs. Then, he would walk towards the bed, seeming like the young man was indeed going to to what his uncle said, but...Instead of that, he just held one of the large pillows and one of the sheets as well, just to walk over to the large couch and use it as a bed, a small one in comparison, but a bed.

"Have a good night, Karra." Was all the boy said towards her while looking up to the decorated roof of his room, seeming like the words meant by His Majesty were nothing more than that, words.
Karra was familiar with being used that way. It was nothing new to her. She followed him to his own room, a bit confused and perplexed abot this particular male. He was so strange and different. However, any ideas that he would use her for her intended purposes vanish when he mumbled to her. He truly was confusing her. Why wouldn't he? She didn't understand that. None of her previous owners had had any problems with taking advantage of her in that way.

When they were alone in the room, Karra walked over and sat down upon the bed. She was trying to decipher what 'get comfortable' meant. Normally, in such a situation, it would mean for her to prepare to be used for her intended purpose. But she felt this man was not normal at all. She watched him as he took a pillow and blanket, her eyes for once leaving the floor and being focused upon him. Not on his face of course, but on him in general to watch what he did.

As he settled himself on the couch, she grew immediately uncomfortable. "M-master," she ventured quietly, glancing around as if someone would start watching them through the windows or some such nonsense. "T-this isn't right.." For a slave to sleep on the master's bed while he was taken to the couch was unheard of. She got up and approached the couch, fullwell knowing that she could be punished for acting without orders. She stood there by the side of the couch, determined. If he refused to relinquish his spot to her, then she would simply lay down on the floor, no pillow and no blanket.

She didn't know why this seemed to be so difficult for him. It was odd that she, the slave, needed to remind him of the wide gap between their statuses.

Ross knew that she would feel uncomfortable about it. "..I know it isn't right, but I still want to do it. His Higness ordered to share my private quarters? Fine, let me do it my way then." The boy said, turning to look at the girl with a low chuckle. "Karra, i told you I was different." He ended, just to lean forward and sit on the couch, lazily ruffling his own dark locks. There was indeed something odd about this young prince, and it was the fact that he followed a single rule that his dear mother told him to follow when she was still alive; 'Treat everyone the way you want to be treated'. Then, the boy would reach a hand to pat her shoulder, offering her that smile that she simply couldn't see. "Now, make yourself a favor and go to sleep on that bed. It's an order." The boy said, resting again on the couch. He knew perfectly well that she just couldn't refuse it....Or could she?
Emotion showed on Karra's face for the first time. A little pout. He was sneaky, knowing she couldn't refuse the order. She turned and made her way back to the bed, climbing onto it and laying down. She felt like a princess. The bed was so large, and soft and warm. It was so late and she was so tired. The girl was asleep in moments.

Her peace only lasted for a few hours, though. After about three or four hours Karra woke with a start. Body was shaking as she sat there in that strange room, in the strange bed and tried to collect her thoughts. Nightmares. She always had them. She curled up, hiding her face in the sheets. She had to keep herself calm, her master was in the room.

She stayed still and silent, hoping not to wake him. At least she hadn't woken screaming this time like she was prone to do.

He felt very proud about it. Now, she clearly didn't had anything else to say, but he knew that Karra would enjoy the bed. Ross was snoring very lowly in his sleep, fidgeting from time to time on the couch, trying to get comfortable, although the couch was comfy indeed, made with a special fluffy blue tanned leather, and filled with the most recent supply of the finest cotton. Four hours later his sleep was abruptly interrupted by low rustles on the bed that was right by his side, slowly turning to check if Karra was alright. The boy had a well developed sense of hearing, along with other things....

She was okay...or so he thought. The curiosity was killing him, and he needed to check if she was okay. Then, he would slowly stand up from the couch and walk towards the bed, sitting right at the edge of the bed and look down to her, a hand raising to gently rub her tan shoulder. "Hey....are you okay?" Ross asked in a low whisper, that pair of chocolate eyes glowing by the reflection of the clear full moon that was outside.
Karra flinched at his touch and she said nothing at all. No answer, just trying to keep herself under control. She stayed still now, taking in soft, steady breaths. This was not good. "I apologize, master, for waking you." She had tried to be as quiet as possible, and yet she still had woken him. She knew better than to lie to him, knew better than to lie to her master. So she did not answer the question he asked.

The nightmares were just memories and they pulsed in her head. She struggled to keep them under control, slowly and steadily succeeding. Bit by bit, she locked those memories away again and calmed herself. She was ashamed that she had almost lost control of her emotions in front of her master.

Ross took his hand back when the girl jumped, just to release a soft chuckle and stand up at it, making his shadow to appear on the wall by the dim moonlight. "Don't need to say sorry. We all have nightmares from time to time, don't we?" The boy said in a retorical question while his feet moved towards the couch, clearly looking like he knew that she was lying, just to slip under the sheet again. "If you don't want to tell me your troubles, I understand." Was all he mumbled before falling asleep again, his expression facing the couch.
Karra felt guilty right away, of course, but she did not want to tell him about her nightmares. She laid back down in the bed and pulled the blankets over her. It took a little while now but she soon fell asleep again.

The next time she would wake up would be in the morning. She would get up and look around for Ross of course. She hoped she hadn't overslept. She also expected the king to send a summons for her so he could ask her if his nephew had become a man yet.

The young prince had woken up very early in the morning, just to attend some...family errands. Even so, the prince had left a note on the desk for her.

"Good morning Karra." Was everything that could be read on that piece of paper. Ross was a man of little words. Then, the next thing that happened after a couple of minutes a knock on the door. It was the King, Vincent, not waiting or respecting the personal space of his nephew by opening wide the door. "Well, good morning there, loving bi-" He stopped himself when there was only the girl on the bed, the old man looking around and trying to figure out where he was, just to notice... that he simply wasn't there. "Where´s the prince, Karra?" The King asked with a light frown, thing that made him look like he was upset.
Karra scrambled to her feet and looked down respectfully. "I don't know, your majesty. I apologize. I tried, but...he ordered me to let him stay on the couch." She swallowed nervously. She just hoped he didn't ask how much she'd tried.

"He left me a note, your majesty, but I apologize; I do not know my master's whereabouts at the moment."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Family business (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus