Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Mass Efect rp (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Kassidis_Daddy

Wel, as the title says, i think it would be interesting to play a Mass Effect rp. It doesnt have to be centered around the actual storylines or the main characters, but since its such a vibrant game, and story, i think it should be an easy transtion for a rp. let me know what you guys think about this.
I am a HUGE fan of Mass Effect, and it would be awesome to have an RP in that world. I think it might be interesting to possibly use some* of the plot ideas from the storyline. I'm thinking if you chose a mission/sidequest from one of the games that is RP-able, we could make characters for it and incorporate ideas together to make a story.

It sounds complicated, but I think it would be awesome if it can be pulled off. :3 Let me know if you are interested. <3
(Wow, I see this just as I was going to make a topic on making a Mass Effect RP XD)

I agree and am definitely also interested in this! :) It'd be awesome if we could start one. I like your idea Lime :o which game would it be based on however. Or it could even be Post ME3 if that's a cool concept (of course depending on which ending.) what do you guys think?
FiraSprite wrote:
(Wow, I see this just as I was going to make a topic on making a Mass Effect RP XD)

I agree and am definitely also interested in this! :) It'd be awesome if we could start one. I like your idea Lime :o which game would it be based on however. Or it could even be Post ME3 if that's a cool concept (of course depending on which ending.) what do you guys think?
Hey if you want to join me or start one Im in.

Which game indeed..Honestly I have only finished ME1, but Im getting 2 very soon. I know a majority of ME3 since I've watched my roommate play. However if you know a good RP-able mission in either 2 or 3/ending choice that can lead to some great rping, please suggest something :3 I'm going to go through some of the missions list for ME1.
I'm definitively interested in this. I've got myself a Salarian Biotic, part of the S.T.G. Though he's an epic member character and I can't really finish his information right now, I'd gladly get into a Mass Effect based RP with him, if you'll have me.
Kassidis_Daddy Topic Starter

Sory ive taken so long. Four people is a managable sized group, dont you guys think so? And as for misions, i dont know of to many that werent too involved in combat (minus the ones you get on the citedel from random strangers). I do like the idea of a post ME3 rp, one of us could even be the bastard child of one of the main characters from the Normandy, or we all could and not know it! Thats the great thing about mass effect, the options are limitless, even if this 'spinoff' of it.
Yeah I think so :o also I honestly don't remember a lot of missions. I didn't play ME1 I had started at ME2 then attempted to play one but just couldn't do it because the difference in controls messed me up completely and made me rage. I have started playing ME3 though I'm still at the beginning. (Though I am starting over my ME2 play through.) But yeah, like Rynh I already have a character good for RP. I'm also open to ideas or where we could start... Hmmmm .-.

Same here, the first one i played was ME2, and when i saw the graphics of the first one, i couldnt bring myself to take that step back. But im open to almost anthing, im just not god at 'coordinating' an rp and 'running' one. and it sucks, cause i cant think of a good character to make. I know i want a human soldier, whch is what my actual character is. but past that, i draw a blank.
Hmm, we won't need to restrict ourselves to one particular game, really. Everyone knows a little bit of Mass Effect lore, at least.

Shepard wasn't the only one who went out on missions. Perhaps we could play an allied group that looks into something like criminal activity, but stumble upon something greater while our beloved Shepard's out doing other stuff. I dunno, I'm just tossing out ideas here.
Based off the complexity of combat being involved in missions, I think we should try and focus on a group that does investigative work, like what Rynh said. Additionally, I was thinking about expanding the idea of Promethians --survivors perhaps, but are out to reclaim the universe they had lost through new technology. Since they're clearly interstellar, and intelligent, I was thinking that they've managed to be able to shape shift/change their appearance, and this is causing all sorts of unknown political issues. If not the Promethians, was thinking about the Asari taking advantage of this since already they make excellent spies/small task force groups.

I have a few ideas, but it's one I wanted to throw out first since it seemed the strongest. I additionally had a Salarian character, but I'd be willing to play any race, including Krogan.

A diverse group of characters would be fun. It theows all sorts of personalities into the mix, and they usually seem to be polar of other species. As to the iinvestigative missions, thats probably going to take a great deal of stress off of us, trying to figure out how to take ME's combat system
, and translate it to "paper". Although, i dont think we should completely remove combat from this either (though i dont think you guys wanted to anyway). And the promethians, you know those weird pink gooy aliens? They apparently found promethian artifacts before anyone else, maybe we could tie in the promethian resurgance with them?
I call Turian! XD Just kidding but uhm... The pink gooey things? Oh yeah, the Hanar. We could probably tie them into this. also the whole combat system thing, I don't think would be any different from RPing a normal fight other then your also applying Biotics, Tech etc. The concept of the Protheans being able to shapeshift and causing political problems seems like a cool concept too! :o Then we could be maybe an assembled crew doing investigative stuff of this... stuff (I'm horrible omg I'm still in half asleep mode)

FiraSprite wrote:
I call Turian! XD Just kidding but uhm... The pink gooey things? Oh yeah, the Hanar. We could probably tie them into this. also the whole combat system thing, I don't think would be any different from RPing a normal fight other then your also applying Biotics, Tech etc. The concept of the Protheans being able to shapeshift and causing political problems seems like a cool concept too! :o Then we could be maybe an assembled crew doing investigative stuff of this... stuff (I'm horrible omg I'm still in half asleep mode)
The state when youre "asleep" is when your best ideas come to life. That way, youre not hampered by logic. well, thats what my old psych prof said. And thats how i came up with some of my best ideas!
I use it all the time when I do concept work, makes it more fun. <3

lol, too true. Oh, by the way, I made my Mass Effect character, Jak Orton.
Awesome! Hm. I'm kind of torn now because I already have a character but I also do want to play a Turian..... meeeh .-. that's me for you XD Ah I'll just use Deirdre Rutt for this.

have you thought of just altering your existing character to making it a turian?
Hmmm. Maybe I'm not so sure lol. It could probably work.

anything is possible n a delirous state of mind
Wark I'll get to work on a character for the RP, will likely be human or Asari. I just hit finals week today so Im a little swamped. But Ill see what I can do tonight. <3

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Mass Efect rp (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus