Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123) Topic Starter

As soon as Markal let go of her hand she gripped the rope tightly, watching her step as she made her way down. She kept her eyes on the sky, trying not to look down as she did.
Markal (played by Tolora)

Markal stayed just close enough to the edge for her to see her face. "You're doing great!" He steadily kept letting the rope out. She eventually got far enough that he couldn't see her anymore. He kept going until he felt the rope go slack, indicating that Luna had reached the bottom. He came forward grinning to see her much smaller on the ground below.

Luna waved at him, indicating that she was on the ground.

He grinned and waved back. He stepped back a moment and brought out a weapon that looked a lot like a sickle that farmers used to use with a short handle instead of the long one depicted with death. He put his backpack back on his back and tightened the straps. He looked back down at the ground and, finding what he was looking for, took several steps back before taking a running leap off the ledge. Markal let out an exhilarated shout as he fell towards the ground, still holding the sickle. A weighted chain shot from the handle end and he aimed it for a sturdy branch on a tree close to the river. It wrapped several times around it before tightening and he started to retract the chain as he came to swing as though on a vine. He came low to the ground, twisting the sickle a certain way causing it to disentangle from the branch and the chain returned back inside the handle. He was able to execute a flip before landing on his feet next to Luna, breathless and wide-eyed.

Luna stared wide eyed at Markal, not able to say anything. Then the words came out, but in a jumble. "That was... How did you...."

He grinned and showed her the sickle weapon. "It's called a kasarigama. It's got a hidden weighted chain hidden in the handle. That and my tiger part helps a little with the acrobatics. I, uh, got it last time I was in Japan. My sister taught me the basics of how to use it, but I've been practicing a few moves of my own, as you can see." He looked at the weapon proudly.

Luna just stared at Markal, then the weapon, then back at him.

Markal chuckled at her expression. "Come on. If we get started for that town now, we might be able to sleep in an actual bed tonight."

Luna nodded slowly, turning back to the town. Now that they had gotten down the cliff, it didn't seem so far. Luna looked up at the sky and say that the sun was already setting. "Yeah, we better get going." She started to walk towards the town, fouced on one of the first buildings she saw.

Markal looked at the buildings as they came closer. "Hmm, I wonder if they know how close they are to a giant apple tree." He grinned with the delight of holding secret knowledge.

Luna looked back over the ledge, unable to see the tree. She hadnt thought about how far they had walked up until now. "Not many people know about it, I assume. If there were, the apple wouldn't have been full of apples."

He nodded. "That's true." As they walked into the town, a trio of small kids about 7 ran past them laughing and screaming. One of them, a fair haired boy with freckles, stopped and stared at him and Luna.

Luna stared at the boy back, not knowing how to react. She gave him a small wave, hoping that would do some good.

One of the other children called out to the boy and he ran to them. A woman with her light brown hair tied up in a loose bun approached them, a small girl with brown wide eyes hanging onto her dress with the thumb of her free hand in her mouth. "You'll have to excuse Geoffrey, we don't get many visitors to Mayton." She gave a warm smile to them both. "Do you need help?"

Luna couldn't help but smile at the small girl that stood by the woman's side. She reminded her of a baby duckling. Then her attention was turned back to the woman. "Were looking for a place to stay, are there any inns here?" Luna asked with a smile still on her face. She allowed her eyes to slip past the woman to the well that sat behind her.

The woman nodded and pointed farther into the village. "It's called the 'Sweet Regret.' Just go in and tell Hodge that Celia sent you. He's got a thick red beard and has quite the girth, if you know what you mean." She winked at them. The little girl kept watching Luna curiously. Her little lips tweaked up in a smile and she pulled her thumb out of her mouth to wave.

Luna's eyes were torn off the well to look at re small girl. She waved back at her. "Thank you so much, I hope to see you again." Luns turned to the direction she was pointing in and started to look for the sign that that said 'Sweet Regret'.

Markal followed behind her. Soon, they came to the inn. He held the door open for Luna before entering after her. There was a small group of men sitting at a table, but other than them, the inn was rather empty. The other men were probably at home or working. A man with a red beard was behind the counter, wiping it off. Markal walked up to the counter. "Excuse me, are you Hodge?" The man looked up and nodded, pausing in his work. "Celia sent us here. My friend and I are looking for a place to stay for the night." Hodge looked back at Luna and nodded. "The ones open are all one bedroom. I don't imagine you and your girlfriend would want to sleep in different beds anyhow." He said and gave a mischievous grin.

Lunas face lit up a bright scarlet red. "No, no, no, no. We're my.... He's not my..." All of her words can out in a flustered jumble. Her eyes snapped to Markal, begging for help.

He was just as flustered. "Um, well we're...we're not dating..." He blushed. "I'm sure we can figure a way around the one bed..." Hodge laughed uproariously and several of the men turned to look. As he wiped joyful tears from his cheeks and his laughing died down. "Alright, I'll let you have the room, you can pay in the morning when you come down."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus