Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123) Topic Starter

Luna nodded and turned on her heels, trying not to glance back at the tree.
Markal (played by Tolora)

Markal walked after her and shifted to his tiger form. He walked next to her and nosed her hand. He walked by her side for a while, going off periodically going in a wide circle around her and coming back up behind her. He had to kill a viper that was getting too close but didn't meet with much any other active predators.

Luna didn't really pay attention to where she was going. She only watched Markal do whatever When he would circle her, she only watched the area in front of her. When he had gone off to kill the viper, she stopped and waited for him. When he came back, she resumed walking aimlessly through the wooded area.

Markal trotted along on her right side, staying alert for anything to attack. His ears flicked, moving like satellites when a bird started singing. The air was getting warmer and slightly muggy under the trees. He shifted back to his human form, getting hot in his thick tiger fur.

Luna stopped when they came across a ledge with a view of a river. To her left was a waterfall that, when you followed its flow, lead to the river. Just across the river was a little village that seemed to be in the center of the woods. Luna stared at it before cranking her head to looked to her left where the waterfall was, and saw that the ledge stretched as fall as she could see. She looked to her right and saw the same thing, except without a waterfall. "No way down." She mumbled under her breath and let out a long sigh.

Markal smiled and looked inside his pack. "Maybe if it was just you. Do you trust me?" He pulled out a large length of rope and settled his backpack back on his back.

Luna nodded as she watched him pull out the rope.

"Alright." He knotted it like before, but didn't put it on his back like before on the tree. "Have you ever gone rappelling?" He asked as he handed the makeshift harness to her again. He made it more comfortable this time and she didn't have to tighten any ropes after she put it on.

Luna looked at the harness before responding. "I don't think so."

"I'll hold the rope from up here and slowly let it out. You'll have to kick off the side and make sure your feet are always facing the face of the cliff." He looked down the ledge and back at the rope then nodded. It would be long enough to get her down there.

"What about you?" She asked looking back down the cliff.

He grinned at her. "I've got my own way of getting down. I can't take another person with me though, so that's why you gotta do this instead."

She nodded understandingly. "Alright, I get it."

Markal rubbed his hands together. "Just make sure you don't look down too much, thought I'd tell you before you started." He grinned lopsidedly.

Luna glanced down. "Yeah, that would be best."

"you'll do fine though. Your feet'll be back on the ground in no time." He reassured her. "You ready?"

"Yeah" Her gaze returned to Markal.

"Alright, I'll help you get situated on the ledge but after that I'll just be up here giving you rope." He held out his hand to help her.

She grabbed Markals hand. "Got it."

He gently let her down the edge, holding on to the rope. He made sure she was steady before he let go of her hand and moved it to join the other one in holding the rope. Markal watched her, slowly letting out the rope.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus