Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123) Topic Starter

Luna nodded. "Alot of people don't bother o stop and see what really in front of them. To see the good things passing by."
Markal (played by Tolora)

He smiled. "Yeah, like this tree. I doubt people would believe that apple trees could get this big, but it's here, tucked away from sight."

Luna looked back at the tree. " Yeah, to think that we may be one of the few that get to see it." She smiled at the thought.

He grinned. It was a secret place. He doubted people besides him and Luna knew about the tree. Markal looked and strained his eyes to see the very top, where he had been napping yesterday. "I wonder how old it is..."

She thought for a moment. "Finding that out would mean cutting it down. That's something I do not intend on doing. Besides, not knowing is part of the fun."

Markal nodded. It would be rather sad to see the tree cut down. He looked at it thoughtfully and a story that he'd been told when he was a child came back to him. "Have you ever heard of the Yggdrasil?"

Luna turned to him. "I don't believe I have." She said with a curious look.

"The Yggdrasil, or the World Tree, is supposed to be a giant tree, with its leaves holding the heavens in place and its roots going deep down into hell. It connects many different realms and is supposed to burn in the Ragnarok, a series of natural disasters that include several of the major gods dying and the world being flooded." He picked a dandelion covered in little white flurries and blew them, watching them swirl in the wind.

Luna's face showed amazement. "Do you think something like that actually exists?" she asked, curiosity and wonder sparkled in her eyes.

He shrugged and turned back to look at Luna. "It's possible, but I wouldn't go looking for it. It's supposed to be protected by fearsome guardians."

"Guardians? What kind?" Luna's curiosity still lingered.

"The Norns; Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld. They're a lot like like the Fates. They control the fate of people and I don't plan on having them cut mine short." He smiled.

Luna smiled as she looked off into space. "True, but it would be nice to see such a place." She tried to place th image of a tree that tall in her mind, but it just wouldn't fit.

Markal nodded. "The tree's supposed to be an oak tree, at least according to Norse mythology, but I don't think anyone would really know for sure."

"You know, some people may be crazy enough to try abd find it." She pointed out.

Markal laughed. "Well, I'm not crazy enough to try it, at least not on my own. How bout you?"

Luna shrugged. "I don't know of I'm that crazy, but you never know."

He laughed. "Well, I guess some other crazies are going to have to go find it then. At least for now."

Luna glanced over at the burnt out fire in a daze. "Still, imagine the journey you'd have to take to get there."

Markal thought back to his memories, trying to remember if the specific spot of the Tree had been mentioned. "I wouldn't know where it is, but I'd guess somewhere in Scandinavia."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus