Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The tale of the two fates

He nodded weakly. "You sure?" He asked, hoping she didn't take it back, but knowing that he shouldn't sleep in her house without her full permission.
Aleem Skyla (played by Sarlic) Topic Starter

The worker comes out and gives durlin a wildebeast sirloin steak, and a red drink
She gave him a reassuring smile and nodded "of course. Do you need help walking?" She said, offering her hand. If he took it, she was going to put his arm around the back of her neck and help him walk to her house. If he didn't, then he'd just slow them down, and then he would surely die. She needed to help him as soon as possible.
He he took her hand gratefully. "Thanks, I owe you."
She nodded "yeah, you do." She said and put his around the back of her neck and started walking to her house, luckily, it wasn't too far from the inn, about a mile total, and she was already half way there. She walked him there. When she got there, she took out her keys and unlocked the five locks on her door. She'd been robbed once, luckily, she got the stuff back, but she made double sure that it wouldn't happen again.

Verla led him inside and set him in the dining room and sat him in one of the chairs. She went back and locked her door with all of the locks. "You're going to have to undress so I can examine you. Keep your pants on, I can wrap your leg or ankle with them on." She said and took her hood off and showed her hair. She took off her cloak and set it on the back of the couch and walked to the bathroom and got a lot of bandages and some alcohol.
He nodded and took off his armor before peeling off his shirt, his chest covered in large gashes and scars, most of them still bleeding, but a few were scars from a long time ago.
She came back out and crouched in front of him and put some alcohol on a cloth and put it against the gashes. "What happened to you anyway? Feeling brave enough to go into the tower with leather armor?" She wiped the dry blood away with some water so she could see the gashes better.
He chuckled weakly. "The armor was just supposed to keep me alive on the way here. I was planning on getting something more substantial when I got here." He coughed, a bit of blood spurting from his mouth. "How was I supposed to know there were.... nevermind."
She wiped the blood from his mouth, she looked a bit angry. But she really wasn't angry. She probably just hated doing this. After wiping the blood and stitching some of the gashes, she wrapped a bandage around his stomach and chest to save the bandage. She stood up, looked him over, and nodded as she began to put the stuff away. She opened her bedroom door and said "you'll sleep in here." She said as she took out some blankets for herself for the couch.

She was not in the mood to argue with him about where he was going to sleep. She put her hands on her hips, showing that she didn't want to argue.
Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

“All the more reason to be interested with what lies within,” he replied, “I’ve always seemed to be drawn to danger, and I’m not going to give it up yet.”

"I'm betting its like the other towers that have been cleared before...magic items, and books depending on the theme of the tower"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"... betting its ... towers that ... cleared before...magic items, and books ... the tower"

Just barely could he overhear the boy's words, but the topic was one of interest. So, he would have competition for the treasures of Taresty's Tower. Unless, of course, he managed to ally himself with the pair. He was contemplating such when the arrival of his dinner immediately pulled Dulirn's attention away, mouth watering at the sight and smell of it.

He cut off a sliver of steak... "Mmmm... my compliments to the cook!" he said to the tavern worker. "Can you tell me... will there a bard playing here this evening?" Bards often kept up with the latest tales and gossip surrounding places like this tower.

The worker looks at him"on a normal day yes...but today there isn't gonna be a bard"
Diesel (played by Diesel84923)

I followed the guards finger and went to the inn. Once I got to the door, I knocked. Hoping that people were still awake and that I could get a nice warm bed and a hot meal. It had been a bit since i had had company, food, and a safe place to sleep. I was also curious about this tower business. Maybe while I was here I could do some investigating as to what it is.

“That could be true,” he countered, “but if the other towers have been cleared, what’s stopping people from entering this specific tower?” He takes a bite of the salmon before him, savoring the flavor before continuing. “If I’ve ever learned anything about adventure, it’s that the best ones to be had are also the most dangerous. Then again, some others might not agree, though I doubt they’ve ever strayed far from their walls to see for themselves.”

"the soldiers that went into it, are strong fighters...but don't really have a brain...So I don't think this one is a fighting tower"
He nodded and limped into the room.
She nodded and closed the door and went and laid on the couch with a sigh. She was not looking forward to working in the inn early in the morning. Perhaps she'd see that man she'd walked past earlier as she was leaving.
Diesel (played by Diesel84923)

He waited and heard no reply. So he walked into the inn and said, “hello.... anyone home?”

“A tower of wits, then,” the stranger said as he drank a sip of the wine, “with good fortune, I believe I could try to anticipate the puzzles of such things.” He took a moment to look around, taking note of everyone else in the tavern; a wizard feasting on a steak, a few disintresting patrons, and a strange wolf-like (or somewhat lupine, he supposed) man near the door. He could smell him from the other side of the room; an unmistakable scent of lycanthropy, but not one that he was accustomed to. “Perhaps this discussion can wait a bit,” he advised, “if we don’t desire any...unwanted attention.” He nodded towards the man at the door, the scent of wolffish blood tantalizing, but ultimately resistable.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The tale of the two fates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus