Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The tale of the two fates

Aleem Skyla (played by Sarlic) Topic Starter

"oookay"He pulls out the fire and water one, turns them over and tries again, this time the door opens
She relaxed her hands and the shield disappeared.

"thanks"He looks in the next room and its an empty room but a desk and three chairs which are on the opposite side of the table and as the group enters a figure appears in each of them((i got this riddle straight from the internet...xD))

"Three gods, A, B, and C, are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is completely random. You must determine the identities of A, B, and C by asking three yes-or-no questions, and each question must be posed to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer all questions in their own language. In their unknown language, the words for “yes” and “no” are “da” and “ja,” in some order. You do not know which word means which.” A voice is heard
She began to think "this'll be interesting." She said and put her hands on her hips again.

"so we need to ask them questions?"He asks verla((its supposedly the hardest riddle out there))
"Yes. We should ask them something about the town that only you and I would know the true answer to. We both know it's not safe to live there, not permanently." She began to think on what to ask.

"first we need to figure out what da and ja mean"
"It's obvious that ja is ya. The J is pronounced like an H. Thought I can be wrong."

"completely different language so who knows"
"Guess we'll have to figure it out." She said and looked at the figures.

"lets see..."He thinks
"I'm stumped." She says.

"Does ‘da’ mean ‘yes’ if and only if you are True and if and only if B is Random??” He says to A

A:"Ja"
"Good question." She says, but still doesn't know how to word the next question properly, so she just lets him take over the questions.

"ok that means that is either true or false, and A is not true"
"Right." She says and begins to right it down.

"Does “da” mean ‘yes’ if and only if her name is Verla"He says to god B

B:"da"
"Okay, well, two questions are done, we need to figure out the other two." She said and wrote da=yes on the paper.

"that also means that god B is the truth"
She nodded and fixed her error on the piece of paper.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The tale of the two fates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus