Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Rules of this forum - PLEASE READ!

Kim Site Admin

All requests for RPs that are going to contain explicit 18+ sexual themes MUST be marked as containing sexual themes using the appropriate check box.

For more information about the Adult Only version of the Looking For RP board, check out this FAQ: http://www.rprepository.com/help/adult-lfrp

All topics must contain useful info
Please don't post just to say you are looking for a RP -- the fact that you're here shows that. Please do not post to tell us you are "up for anything" -- if you are truly up for anything, reply to one of the many other recent topics! If none of those appeal to you, you probably aren't up for anything. Tell us what you ARE up for! :)

If you are posting about a specific group or RP, please provide at least a short description of that RP and a link to find it.

All topics must have descriptive titles
This is a rule on the forums, but it is especially critical in the Looking For RP forum! It is assumed that everyone posting here is looking for RP partners in one form or another, so you do not need to title your posts "Looking for RP." Please instead choose a title that would give someone scanning the entire list of topics some idea of what they might find in yours.

To help people find you, give your post as specific a title as you can. Some examples of great titles:
  • Looking for evil wizards
  • High fantasy dragon, looking for warriors
  • Futuristic, loosely based on (scifi show)
  • Dark RP with adult themes, time period flexible
  • Many ideas, ranging from modern to scifi

If you post a topic with a vague title, it is going to be changed to something actually useful by a moderator. If you repeatedly make the moderators clean up after you, you may find yourself with a time-out from posting. Thanks for understanding and making everyone's lives easier!

Updated August 20 2015
I hate making things harder.
I'm sorry for my title I JUST posted the very SECOND u posted this (well maybe not the second..... but you get the idea) I didn't read it or see it until i finished posting so I am truly sorry.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Err, I posted this in April 2013! But it's okay, I'll fix it for you. :)
*salutes* Yes ma'am! I'll try my best not to be vague with my titles!

Thanks muchly! :)
hi :3 I do but don't like rules but I do follow them and its great you put rules up
Hey, I've got a question I probably should've asked a few minutes ago: If you had a topic that nobody responded to, and it got pushed to page two, and then you bumped it back to page one, is that allowed? If it isn't I'm really sorry.

DaBoisBackHome wrote:
Hey, I've got a question I probably should've asked a few minutes ago: If you had a topic that nobody responded to, and it got pushed to page two, and then you bumped it back to page one, is that allowed? If it isn't I'm really sorry.

We discourage bumping, but it's allowed if your topic was not on the front page.

Keep in mind that the "Find RP" search tool shows topics regardless of what page they are on, so long as the OP was involved in them in the last two weeks as well.
Oh okay... Sorry about bumping my topic back to the first page by the way...
Roderick Vimes (played by Amicitia)

I have a question. I'm intending on creating an RP group where the source material, Dragon Age is catering to +18. However, the rps that I intend to have occur would probably be acceptable for the average player. Mostly missions and the like. In such a case, do I promote my group here or in the adult forum?
Sanne Moderator

Roderick Vimes wrote:
I have a question. I'm intending on creating an RP group where the source material, Dragon Age is catering to +18. However, the rps that I intend to have occur would probably be acceptable for the average player. Mostly missions and the like. In such a case, do I promote my group here or in the adult forum?

The 18+ guidelines apply to the content that is being played. Typically this involves sexual content, so if this is going to be part of the game (either by frequently referencing to it or outright playing it out) then the prompt does go in the AO forum by default.

You can, however, choose to place it there even if your game won't have any sexual content. :) The AO forum is also used to just match up with legal adults in general regardless of whether the game will be adult in nature or not. If sexual content isn't part of the scope for the game you are more than fine putting it in the regular Looking For forum.

If you're still not entirely sure, you can always run your prompt by one of the moderators and they'll clarify for you where the prompt belongs. I hope this helped!
Roderick Vimes (played by Amicitia)

Sanne wrote:
Roderick Vimes wrote:

The 18+ guidelines apply to the content that is being played. Typically this involves sexual content, so if this is going to be part of the game (either by frequently referencing to it or outright playing it out) then the prompt does go in the AO forum by default.

You can, however, choose to place it there even if your game won't have any sexual content. :) The AO forum is also used to just match up with legal adults in general regardless of whether the game will be adult in nature or not. If sexual content isn't part of the scope for the game you are more than fine putting it in the regular Looking For forum.

If you're still not entirely sure, you can always run your prompt by one of the moderators and they'll clarify for you where the prompt belongs. I hope this helped!

Much appreciated!
*bows* yes mam ill try my hardest
These seem like some really manageable rules that should make things easier on everyone involved 🌸
Jake (played by DreamFoxAJ)

HI
Um....hi I am sorta new enfesis on sorta but I'm looking for an Rp partner considering that 99% have left me and I'm sorta desperate for an Rp so dos any one mind to Rp with me ?
What if I'm not sure what I'm up for but none of the topics interest me? I don't really know how to phrase the question.
TheoryCharacter wrote:
What if I'm not sure what I'm up for but none of the topics interest me? I don't really know how to phrase the question.

Just make a general asking for rp thread. Tell everyone you dunno what you wanna rp, but you can figure out everything to anyone whose interested.

TheoryCharacter wrote:

You need to include something about what you'd like to RP, even if it's just a genre, or multiple genres. It's perfectly fine to say that you are flexible or open to other suggestions, so long as you have a few of your own. :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Rules of this forum - PLEASE READ!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus