Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Rules of this forum - PLEASE READ!

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T wrote:
TheoryCharacter wrote:
What if I'm not sure what I'm up for but none of the topics interest me? I don't really know how to phrase the question.

Just make a general asking for rp thread. Tell everyone you dunno what you wanna rp, but you can figure out everything to anyone whose interested.

Careful! Topics that simply say "I don't know what I want to RP, but I want to RP" run a high risk of being removed by moderators per the rules described in this sticky post.
Kim wrote:
0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T wrote:
TheoryCharacter wrote:
What if I'm not sure what I'm up for but none of the topics interest me? I don't really know how to phrase the question.

Just make a general asking for rp thread. Tell everyone you dunno what you wanna rp, but you can figure out everything to anyone whose interested.

Careful! Topics that simply say "I don't know what I want to RP, but I want to RP" run a high risk of being removed by moderators per the rules described in this sticky post.
That's why I asked before posting. I don't really know how to put it in a forum that won't get me removed.
One Thing:
What is the rule on bumping here? are there any exceptions?

Bumping is always frowned on. We always encourage people to add relevant information to their topics instead, even if it's "I'm still looking," or "Another thought I had about this RP was..."

Posts that simply say bump, up, or any other variant that adds nothing to conversation are completely disallowed if your topic is still on the first page of the Forum. Once it falls to the second page, it's tolerated, but if you do it a lot we'll probably have to have a talk.

The Find RP Search tool was designed to make position on the Forum vastly less relevant and bumps therefore less necessary.

Apologies for typos, I'm on my phone at the moment.
Ah, okay, I thought it was the same rules.
Hmm, I posted mine as just 'SCP RP', is that OK, or should I describe it more?
Kim wrote:
TheoryCharacter wrote:

You need to include something about what you'd like to RP, even if it's just a genre, or multiple genres. It's perfectly fine to say that you are flexible or open to other suggestions, so long as you have a few of your own. :)
I'm worried that the genre I have in mind won't really be interesting to people or even confusing. How do I avoid that?
xBabyDragonx

idk what to do at all :-/.

TheoryCharacter wrote:
I'm worried that the genre I have in mind won't really be interesting to people or even confusing. How do I avoid that?

Here's some tips on proposing a RP: https://www.rprepository.com/help/propose-a-game :)
Hello! What if I want to roleplay somewhere other than RP Repository (like through e-mail or Discord)? Am I allowed to do that? I haven't seen any specific rules regarding that, that's why I'm asking beforehand.
If there's a chance of an RP including graphic violence but not sexual content, should it be posted in the Adult Only Looking for RP forum, or can it be posted in the main forum with appropriate content warnings?

It can be in all ages with appropriate warnings if you feel that is a better fit for the RP you're conducting.
KashiyuNocchan wrote:
Hello! What if I want to roleplay somewhere other than RP Repository (like through e-mail or Discord)? Am I allowed to do that? I haven't seen any specific rules regarding that, that's why I'm asking beforehand.
I'm kinda curious on that too

On another note, the rules post seems pretty straightforward and common sense, I approve of them being set down so everyone knows where they stand ^_^
Ember_Wolf

Are roleplays with a VERY dark atmosphere allowed? Not really planning on hosting one, just wondering.
I realize that there are sub-boards where members can search for rp partners, but is there also an actual section of this community, where members can rp? I'm looking for a new forum to rp adult content rp's with my long time rp partner. We're both 18+. I'm just trying to find a new "home," for us to rp on.

greenandgold wrote:
I realize that there are sub-boards where members can search for rp partners, but is there also an actual section of this community, where members can rp? I'm looking for a new forum to rp adult content rp's with my long time rp partner. We're both 18+. I'm just trying to find a new "home," for us to rp on.

Not publicly for 18+ content, but you can create your own private group with as many forums on it as you need here :-)
Hi
Hi! I'm Celis! Nice to be here!
So I do have a question. My roleplay takes place on a group, so am I allowed to link my group on my RP ad?
MisterBobbyPin wrote:
So I do have a question. My roleplay takes place on a group, so am I allowed to link my group on my RP ad?
Yes.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Rules of this forum - PLEASE READ!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus