Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

His eyes narrowed into slits as the distant sound of explosion reached him like a sudden clap of thunder in the empty sky. The humanoid crouched instinctively, the neck on his fur bristling uncontrollably. That's bad news. He grimaced, moving towards a littered alleyway and concealed himself within the cloaks of the shadows. That will definitely attract unwanted attention. He surmised, his eyes darting from corner to corner. He shouldn't have followed Victi's scent trail. But still, he's lucky enough to not follow them right away. For all he knew he might've been dead by now.

With the perfume-gun in his left paw, he crouch-runned towards the end of the alley and assumed the location of the explosion. For now, he must prioritize himself first and scout for something useful. The feline approaches silently, slowly moving towards the explosion.
Well.... That hurt like an absolute bitch-and-a-half, and things had arguably gone poorly. Possibly well, too, but she'd figure that out in a bit.

She tossed the burning hot chucnks of metal as best she could, swearing loudly in several languages, hopefully near where the gas was coming out. She was going to be running out of oxygen either way, but again, the point was to try and make it so the room couldn't explode more dangerously, not to deal with the air thing. Maybe the metal would still be hot enough to keep the flow burning. Maybe. The faster flow was admittedly not encouraging, though. Limited timer, but that was fine.

Hands, definitely hurting. The tough pads were burnt badly, already cracked and peeling away, as well as having some of the outer layers of skin follow her improvised electrical prongs, and her claws smelled terrible, as well as being somewhat warped and charred. Grabbing things for the next while? Absolutly not, baring real badness. Even then, she'd probably try to stay in the back for now. She preferred playing the hero much more than the damsel, but this was more of a "Survived heroic saccrifice leading to a bad situation" , so it was probably okay.

Nose and ear tips, also sucking horribly, and she didn't even want to try talking until she got some water. Those extremities were going to be VERY distracting for a while, and her throat felt awful.

In good news, she was mildly more camouflaged than before! In bad news, she was going to need to spend more time than she wanted working the soot and burnt parts of her fur out, possibly involving some trimming or forced shedding, but that was really a pretty small problem. Also, the worst that had happened to her feet, firmly planted on the cememt floor of the room, was gross claws and some mild burns near the front of the pads

....okay, lifting a foot left a little skin behind. OW. She swore some more as it came free pretty painfully, and added that to the 'less good news' pile. Standing on it stung a little, the fresh skin of the pad still sensitive, but not too much worse than gravel or pointy twigs would normally. She felt lucky on that one. Less so as she winced while moving her other foot, but still.

She didn't bother opening her eyes. She could smell the smoke, and they would only be a litle helpful at best right now, anyway.

Her wings had taken a beating, the previously un-injured ones brought around in front of her to protect her some. Like with the bullet wounds on the right, though, didn't hurt much. Distracting, but less then her sensitive nose or her ear tips. She was always impressed by how well made for combat they were.

The most significant details, though? She wasn't dead, and she got to make something explode. To celebrate, she reached out with the back of her hand, slowly searching for the door and the stupid filing cabinet that had slid itself in front of it. She was going to move and then loot that jerk-wad, because, honestly, it probably had more of the documents she was looking for. Okay, that wasn't really a very good celebration. Maybe she'd get to munch on some shapeshifter later, though. That would be funny. Her thin, cracked (ow) lips curled into a vicious smile. That was a goal worth working for.
Raven wrote:
“Pfft...you can try-” Boom! She jumps at the sound of something exploding on the other side of the building. “What the-!?” Behind that, she hears the roars of some fight going down outside. Then. Her ears prick, then flatten against her head as her eyes widen in fear.

She hears a little tap, tap, tap of something coming for them and it can’t possibly be good.

Victi and Helynah are gone doing who-knows-what. Adam’s in no shape to fight...and their other two capable fighters are out like extinguished candles.

“Liliath,” she whispers hoarsely. “I think we should run.”

“Yes we should.” Liliath said well running away “We need to go to the store , there we will be safe right?!”
Niskali had no doubt that the monster was not truly distracted, but it was not completely focused on him, either. He made a rising arc of a strike, from right to left, to shear at its jaw with his blade, and stepped to the left and forward to get closer to being beside the creature. If it focused on the obvious strike, it would not be prepared for him to grapple it. If it expected the grapple, it would most likely have an unpleasant meeting with his blade. Of course, it was most likely a class 1 shapeshifter, and thus also probably telepathic, so he figured this would be mostly....

By the liquid diamond blood of the goddess, was that an explosion? So... the sorceress was still alive.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

It ducks from the worse of the two- the blade -with more speed than its stolen bulk should allow, then tries to make a dash on all fours for Helynah. It wants to tear her heart out before she and Niskali could blink. On its first step toward her, it flares its stolen wings and strikes at the pentatheic with its stolen hind feet.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
Great. People are yelling again. She growls with annoyance and tries just for a moment to go back to sleep, then something- an explosion? -jolts her awake. Her eyes fly wide open and she instantly regrets that. She squeezes them shut while fumbling for her knife. Her hand closes around the hilt of the blade as she jumps to her feet- another regrettable action. “Gods...Raven, what is happening?”

“B-bad things!” squeaks the cat.

She opens her eyes just a sliver to take who’s awake. The curly-haired boy, Raven, and Liliath. Victi’s out of sight but a part of her suspects that she has something to do with that explosion. She seems like the kind of creature who’d enjoy making stuff explode.

Who or whatever is responsible, they need to get out.

Lisa has no idea that they’ve been joined by a human from her own world or that she and two “dragons” are waging battle just outside. Lacking that knowledge, she says, “Raven, take the child outside. You, stranger,” her voice cracks as she commands Adam to run. “Get out, too.”

Orders given, she turns to Masato’s unmoving body. “OPTIC, I think...I think n-now would be a good time to wake your bonded if you can.” One can see in her wide eyes and nervous twitch that she’s quickly losing her resolve as adrenaline pumps through her veins and panicked Chimeran instincts that she can’t satisfy scream in her head. She's frozen to the spot, torn between fight and flight.
Liliath wrote:

“Yes we should.” Liliath said well running away “We need to go to the store , there we will be safe right?!”

Raven opens her muzzle to argue with Lisa, but more tap, tap, taping and the knowledge that Lisa might be stressed enough to actually get angry with her if she protest kills the argument before it reaches her lips. She turns and follows Liliath toward the the other door, away from whatever is stalking toward them and away from Lisa.

"Safer than here. Go ahead, Little!" she says, pausing long enough to snap at Adam: "Hey, you wanna live? Follow us!" As she turns, she catches a glimpse of the thing that follows them, a pale, emancipated creature that she imagines would be well at home in the depths of some stinking sewer, or in the lowest circle of hell.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Seeker wrote:
The cenobite would have glanced if she could, but made a dadh into the building either way. Not many placed to hide, so she just stood awkwardly. Apparently cenobites, too, felt awkward about things. She, after some thinking, rushed behind the counter. A jolt of excitement rsn through her as she jumped over the stained counter. If it wasn’t seen as a friend, she probably would have went for Vincent. But, she didn’t. She went for the back.

In the back, Seeker will find a curly-haired boy curled up against the wall, an unconsious soldier, and child and a cat rushing for the door, and a very terrified and angry woman with feral cat eyes and bared teeth.

Lisa squints at what amounts to a blurred and sickly figure with gaping red holes where its eyes should be. Her grip on the dagger tightens as she draws it from her hilt. That action doesn't stop her fist from shaking.

"OPTIC!" In her panic, she comes close to trying to kick the man awake. Her foot stops inches away from his shoulder. "Wake up your bonded! I-I think I'm going to nee-why are you still here?" She catches Adam's red face from the corner of her damaged eyes. "Run!" She grabs their arm and tries to push them toward the door.
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Vincent wrote:
It ducks from the worse of the two- the blade -with more speed than its stolen bulk should allow, then tries to make a dash on all fours for Helynah. It wants to tear her heart out before she and Niskali could blink. On its first step toward her, it flares its stolen wings and strikes at the pentatheic with its stolen hind feet.

She saw that coming.

With another yell, Helynah raises her trident to meet the monster's chest. If it gets close enough, she'll try to run it through. If the other, hopefully friendly dragon, manages to grab it, she'll charge and try to run it through. Something about fighting by the pentatheic's side emboldens her. She hadn't realized how comfortable she'd gotten with the company of a big scaly brute, even if this one is three or four feet shorter and walks on two legs.
The form-thief kicked out. He barely blocked the strike with his glaive, one gauntletted hand being caught by the blow from a foot. He definitely felt that, though the materials of his armour helped disperse the energies enough to prevent serious damage. It felt like he'd just punched a wall bare-fisted, though.

This woman with whome he now flanked the beast.... was not pentatheic, obviously, but had the spirit of his sisters in arms. He already knew she would be in position to spear the beast, as he would know with his squd-mates, or know when his internal-defences officer would raise and lower turrets for him to dance among while repelling boarders. What he realised a moment too late was that there was likely not the slightest chance that her weapon, or even his at the moment, could peirce his armour. And if the creature's new carapace had the same properties.....

Oh, sweet Water, goddess of luck, sister to my Admiral, please let the beast dodge and avoid catching a direct blow. Just this once grant it such luck and skill, and then preferably never again. That would be real great.
There was.... a lot of panic out there, she thought. her ears were ringing even worse now, somehow, so it wasn't exactly clear. Also, she was pretty sure that the fur in her ears was caked with soot hard enough to make hearing harder.

"Okay, so," she grunted, leaning against the filing cabinet, letting out a cough. Heh, talking actually hurt less than she thought, "Honestly, that was a pretty funny trap. Next time, though," she grunted again, giving it a shove with her back, "maybe try, like, a halucinagen or something if you can? I'd," shove, "appreciate if you did it to someone else and let me watch, though." She sighed. It was.... probably rooted to the floor.

"Of course," she coughed again, "That would require me just suffocating to death or exploding again being less funny or satisfying for you."
Seeker (played by WhatsInTheCube)

Seeker wrote:
The cenobite would have glanced if she could, but made a dadh into the building either way. Not many placed to hide, so she just stood awkwardly. Apparently cenobites, too, felt awkward about things. She, after some thinking, rushed behind the counter. A jolt of excitement rsn through her as she jumped over the stained counter. If it wasn’t seen as a friend, she probably would have went for Vincent. But, she didn’t. She went for the back.

In the back, Seeker will find a curly-haired boy curled up against the wall, an unconsious soldier, and child and a cat rushing for the door, and a very terrified and angry woman with feral cat eyes and bared teeth.

Lisa squints at what amounts to a blurred and sickly figure with gaping red holes where its eyes should be. Her grip on the dagger tightens as she draws it from her hilt. That action doesn't stop her fist from shaking.

"OPTIC!" In her panic, she comes close to trying to kick the man awake. Her foot stops inches away from his shoulder. "Wake up your bonded! I-I think I'm going to nee-why are you still here?" She catches Adam's red face from the corner of her damaged eyes. "Run!" She grabs their arm and tries to push them toward the door.
The slender figure grinned as it chased after the two. By now, Adam was trying their best not to scream. The Seeker’s twisted grin went a bit wider. She caught the poor kid’s ankle. Finally, Adam let out their screech once the cenobite got ahold of them. If onky her eyes were still there, her look of amusement and delight would have been much more obvious. She opened her mouth a few times just to quickly chomp on the air. The Seeker snickered as she tugged on Adam’s leg.
Raven wrote:
Great. People are yelling again. She growls with annoyance and tries just for a moment to go back to sleep, then something- an explosion? -jolts her awake. Her eyes fly wide open and she instantly regrets that. She squeezes them shut while fumbling for her knife. Her hand closes around the hilt of the blade as she jumps to her feet- another regrettable action. “Gods...Raven, what is happening?”

“B-bad things!” squeaks the cat.

She opens her eyes just a sliver to take who’s awake. The curly-haired boy, Raven, and Liliath. Victi’s out of sight but a part of her suspects that she has something to do with that explosion. She seems like the kind of creature who’d enjoy making stuff explode.

Who or whatever is responsible, they need to get out.

Lisa has no idea that they’ve been joined by a human from her own world or that she and two “dragons” are waging battle just outside. Lacking that knowledge, she says, “Raven, take the child outside. You, stranger,” her voice cracks as she commands Adam to run. “Get out, too.”

Orders given, she turns to Masato’s unmoving body. “OPTIC, I think...I think n-now would be a good time to wake your bonded if you can.” One can see in her wide eyes and nervous twitch that she’s quickly losing her resolve as adrenaline pumps through her veins and panicked Chimeran instincts that she can’t satisfy scream in her head. She's frozen to the spot, torn between fight and flight.
Liliath wrote:

Raven opens her muzzle to argue with Lisa, but more tap, tap, taping and the knowledge that Lisa might be stressed enough to actually get angry with her if she protest kills the argument before it reaches her lips. She turns and follows Liliath toward the the other door, away from whatever is stalking toward them and away from Lisa.

"Safer than here. Go ahead, Little!" she says, pausing long enough to snap at Adam: "Hey, you wanna live? Follow us!" As she turns, she catches a glimpse of the thing that follows them, a pale, emancipated creature that she imagines would be well at home in the depths of some stinking sewer, or in the lowest circle of hell.

Liliath started running faster and faster , to the store. She was finally there "You guys are not going into my store!" Seo yelled , Liliath ignored her and pushed her to the side and runned inside the store
"So," she asked the empty room, "Do you have, like, a name? 'The Place or This Place or The Town all seem a little.... I dunno, generic? Something I can refer to you as? Not a True Name, obviously, I wouldn't ask for that from a Genius Loci, that would be rude, but, you know. A.... name or a title?"

Victi honestly had not single clue where she was going with this, but leaning against a filing cabinet, even after switching to the other side, was getting boring. Even after only around fifteern seconds.

"Because honestly? Sure this has been an overall horrifying and painful experience, but it's kinda nostalgic for me! I mean, back in the day it was a forest I was adventuring through, and only two companions, my boyfriend and my familiar, but yeah. Oh, don't yoink either of them or anyone else from my crew, by the way, unless you like orbital kinetic strikes, which I have a feeling you wouldn't. The goddess would be mad and find you eventually. I end up wandering off and going on weird adventures long enough people are probably only ticked off, but we're valuable assets to her. Oh, and if you do kill me, she'll want my soul REAL bad. Debts to a death goddess, ammirite?" she explained. Man, those fumes must have been getting to her. Maybe her rambling and futile cabinet shoving would make it like her? At least as entertaining prey, right? Right? No? Maybe?

Raven doesn't make it to the store.

She catches wind of another smell, something new and kind of familiar to her at the same time, and also much too close to the police station.

More trouble.

She slinks away from Liliath into a narrow alley, toward the scent. The shadows cast on the brick and mortar or cement walls keep her well-hidden as she approached a tall and shinybronze-furred creature. She can't see his face yet, but the two pointed ears and long tail remind Raven of her own, despite them being more lightly colored and shorter-haired.

She's never met a Felixian, but she knows what they are. However, if her personal suspicions about this place are correct, he could actually be anything.

Stalking him, she circles around and sees his feline muzzle and bright eyes. In his hands- or paws -she sees the brightly colored watergun. To any human-ish thing, it'd strike them as the toy it actually is.

But in her head, the bright color reminds her of bugs and nasty things an animal should never try to eat. The weapon screams run away to her more than any sleek black rifle or silver sword (she sees that he has one of those, too) would. She lies on the ground, tail twitching, as she watches him and tries to come up with a course of action that won't end in her getting shot.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Quote:
The form-thief kicked out. He barely blocked the strike with his glaive, one gauntletted hand being caught by the blow from a foot. He definitely felt that, though the materials of his armour helped disperse the energies enough to prevent serious damage. It felt like he'd just punched a wall bare-fisted, though.

This woman with whome he now flanked the beast.... was not pentatheic, obviously, but had the spirit of his sisters in arms. He already knew she would be in position to spear the beast, as he would know with his squd-mates, or know when his internal-defences officer would raise and lower turrets for him to dance among while repelling boarders. What he realised a moment too late was that there was likely not the slightest chance that her weapon, or even his at the moment, could peirce his armour. And if the creature's new carapace had the same properties.....

Oh, sweet Water, goddess of luck, sister to my Admiral, please let the beast dodge and avoid catching a direct blow. Just this once grant it such luck and skill, and then preferably never again. That would be real great.

No such luck for anyone. Helynah strikes much faster than one would think, and Vincent, reckless with its new form, doesn't think much about how bad it'd be to get stabbed by that pointy pole in her hands.

Helynah strikes up at a steep angle, assuming that is has strong belly scutes under those robes that she can slip the weapon underneath. Instead, the weapon pierces the robes and glance off of whatever armor it hides beneath. Vincent's eyes widen in surprise but momentum keeps it going so it crashes into Helynah. It fumbles to pin her down; she's strong and it's shocked to learn exacly how invulnerable Niskali's armor is, but eventually the monster smacks the trident from her hands and shoves her to the ground.

Vincent cackles while Helynah hits and kicks and swears. It raises its free hand to bring it down on her head. Let's make this quick.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"So," she asked the empty room, "Do you have, like, a name? 'The Place or This Place or The Town all seem a little.... I dunno, generic? Something I can refer to you as? Not a True Name, obviously, I wouldn't ask for that from a Genius Loci, that would be rude, but, you know. A.... name or a title?"

Victi honestly had not single clue where she was going with this, but leaning against a filing cabinet, even after switching to the other side, was getting boring. Even after only around fifteen seconds.

"Because honestly? Sure this has been an overall horrifying and painful experience, but it's kinda nostalgic for me! I mean, back in the day it was a forest I was adventuring through, and only two companions, my boyfriend and my familiar, but yeah. Oh, don't yoink either of them or anyone else from my crew, by the way, unless you like orbital kinetic strikes, which I have a feeling you wouldn't. The goddess would be mad and find you eventually. I end up wandering off and going on weird adventures long enough people are probably only ticked off, but we're valuable assets to her. Oh, and if you do kill me, she'll want my soul REAL bad. Debts to a death goddess, ammirite?" she explained. Man, those fumes must have been getting to her. Maybe her rambling and futile cabinet shoving would make it like her? At least as entertaining prey, right? Right? No? Maybe?

The hissing is slowly fizzling out as the place runs out of- or gets tired of spewing- the toxic fumes. That sound is replaced by an eerie silence as it tries to make sense of Victi's rambling.

...What the hell is this prey going on about? She goes from snarking at it (or was that a genuine compliment?) to trying to bargain, to reminescing about her childhood to...is that a threat? The room creaks and groans something like a frustrated growl. The hissing sound of gas pouring into the room sputters to life briefly to remind her who exactly has the upper hand here.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Seeker wrote:
The slender figure grinned as it chased after the two. By now, Adam was trying their best not to scream. The Seeker’s twisted grin went a bit wider. She caught the poor kid’s ankle. Finally, Adam let out their screech once the cenobite got ahold of them. If onky her eyes were still there, her look of amusement and delight would have been much more obvious. She opened her mouth a few times just to quickly chomp on the air. The Seeker snickered as she tugged on Adam’s leg.

No. No no no no no! Her hands instinctively fly to cover her ears as she too screams at the monster. She dropped her dagger doing so. NO! So she tries to punch the cenobite, then she ducks and fumbles around for her dagger. Where's Victi? Why isn't the soldier waking? What the HELL is going on outside? A horrible cackle from fills the air around them and sends an icy feeling of dread through her her whole body. She regrets sending Liliath and Raven away; who knows what she just sent them out to.
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Raven wrote:
Raven doesn't make it to the store.

She catches wind of another smell, something new and kind of familiar to her at the same time, and also much too close to the police station.

More trouble.

She slinks away from Liliath into a narrow alley, toward the scent. The shadows cast on the brick and mortar or cement walls keep her well-hidden as she approached a tall and shinybronze-furred creature. She can't see his face yet, but the two pointed ears and long tail remind Raven of her own, despite them being more lightly colored and shorter-haired.

She's never met a Felixian, but she knows what they are. However, if her personal suspicions about this place are correct, he could actually be anything.

Stalking him, she circles around and sees his feline muzzle and bright eyes. In his hands- or paws -she sees the brightly colored watergun. To any human-ish thing, it'd strike them as the toy it actually is.

But in her head, the bright color reminds her of bugs and nasty things an animal should never try to eat. The weapon screams run away to her more than any sleek black rifle or silver sword (she sees that he has one of those, too) would. She lies on the ground, tail twitching, as she watches him and tries to come up with a course of action that won't end in her getting shot.

Luckily for the quadruped feline, she was downwind and her scent was yet undetected. Bronze Nyx was busy slinking around and trying to find any survivors by traversing the area around it, which he slowly concludes to be ineffective. The fact that his fur and clothes isn't exactly a complimentary color to hide himself in the shadows stresses him for he knew the fact that he is rather easy to detect. The felidae lashed his tail, irritation getting the better of him. Where the hell did they go?

"Maybe on the other side.." A gentle tone murmured, answering the question he mentally asked. Tightening his grip on the base of the perfume-gun, he decided to wait a bit more just in case.
Well, this place did in fact seem rather godless. The creature now likely realized that conventional weapons were now minor irritations at worst, and could likely strike with near impunity. Niskali surged forward and grabbed at the beast's hand in a grip meant to snap fingers backwards as hard as possible. Granted, the gauntlet would somewhat protect against this, he would not be able to force the beast to make a fist backwards or anything of that sort, but it would keep it from jamming any fingers into eyesockets for a few moments. With his other hand, he works to drive his blade under the mask the monster now sports. Yes, because it was a weakness, but more because he did not want it be be blasphemously sporting the visage of the goddess

Hmm... his body language doesn't exactly suggest "psychotic predator." In fact, he seems lost, confused, and generally stressed. Like nearly everyone else.

He's probably jumpy, too. If she startled him, she'd either have a good laugh or end up injured or dead. To someone like Raven, those risks are a lot harder to weigh against the sole benefit than they should be.

Not moving, she speaks quietly. She's lying down, her tail twitching back and forth, her wide eyes looking up at him imploringly. Those eyes do hold a tiny glint of mischief, but mostly she looks desperately hopeful. They need more friends.

"Hello."

Something clicks in her brain. Victi mentioned that one of the new survivors is a two-legged cat-guy with a sword. He struck out on his own when something she or the others'd said upset him.

"Looking for trouble, out here alone?"
Asserting dominance? Someone was insecure.

"I'm just trying to make sure you don't make a mistake, pal," She chuckled and coughed, "Killing me? Like, I won't be happy about it, but what happens happens, right? I've killed enough people to get how this works. Heck, sometimes I play games like this, too! Me as the predator in that case, though. It's great! If you usually do some kind of soul trap or whatever, though, make sure you give mine to the nice observer-dependant Wyrm without too much fuss. Negotiation's fine, but.... you know, don't make it easier for her to just have a fleet stop by. You'll know her when you.... sense her or whatever. Silver and white, not really euclidian, black horns that kinda make a reverse eclipse shape, tends to do that finger tapping thing where you do all of them one by one but quickly, and then longer breaks between those sets?" Her vision was a little blurry now, and she was VERY high off the asphyxiation. Wow that felt weird. Was she stalling? She wasn't sure.

"Wait, can you even talk? Like.... do you have those fridge magnets with syllables on them or whatever that you could use?" Her speech was getting a little incoherant. Screw it. She felt around for a handle, and pulled open a drawer. If she was going down, she'd read something while doing it. This was a good idea which totally made sense and was smart to do.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus