Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

A shapeshifter.... What he would give for (working and not broken by this place) power armour. Instead, he lept after the shifter. Yes, it had his strength, and the "cenobite," but he did not have the glaive or, hopefully, the centuries of training and practise. He jumped after it, striking down with the spear-point on the end of the shaft as it extended back to its full length. "I will do all of which I am capable to thwart you, Hellspawn!" He shouted in an absolute fury.

He strictly did not trust unknowing victims to be able to hold his form off. They would have to be.... soldiers or sorcerers or other skilled fighters, or, at the very least, incredibly strong willed! Even then, he feared no single person would stand much chance about those two monsters!
Seeker (played by WhatsInTheCube)

The Seeker again leapt out of the way. She hissed, both at the warpriest, and in pain. The curved blade had found it’s way into her thigh, but now she couldn’t complain. She was now out of energy. She didn’t want to fight now, she just wanted to eat. And maybe for the other dang cenobites to finally come... Mostky that. With four more, she could easily get a meal, and a kill. She ripped the blade, dripping with blood, from her thigh. First, it ripped through her hand, then just barely hit bone in her thigh.
A palpable hit, good. The spear-point had missed his immitator, but that lucky shot with the blade on the other one was not something he would complain about. As she tore it free from her leg, he whirled it to break her grip as he backpedaled a few steps from the two hostiles.

Again, she really didn’t want to fight. She raised her pale, bloodied hands a bit. The Seeker definitely wasn’t able to fight anything with that size. The crimson blood stained the black cloak(?) she was wearing. It still seemed to resemble bones, with the torn-up parts. She took some steps back, showing she didn’t at all want to be a part of this. She only wanted to watch at this point. But, if she wasn’t so... well, what mortals call ‘happy.’
The non-shifter seemed to be removing itself from the fight somewhat. GOOD. The warpriest needed to take, well, himself, essentially, out of the fight. He made a flick with the glaive, causing the blade to go back into its initial more condensed position, but with the shaft still extended, in an overall shape resembling a stylized axe.

He dashed toward the immitator, and brought the weapon around to swing at the beast's head. There was nothing good that could come of the beast having his face and equipment. Thank goodness it didn't have his weapon.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

It ducks and, taking a shape halfway between the dragon's bulk and it's own long, distorted shape, makes for the rooftop of the closest building. "Wait, wait a moment!" It screeches with urgency, anything to stop the onslaught long enough to lay the last piece of its little plan. "You have questions, yes? I can answer! Hold your blade a moment." It crouches on all fours atop a low building, still holding onto Niskali's long face and wings but of its body is emancipated and dark as its normal form. "I can anssswer some."
"I sense this to be a trap, and that you will attempt to deceive me, but very well," he grumbled. The monster was up on a roof now, and would likely be able to disappear into the streets if he tried to pursue it. "I recognize now that this is not a test or vision from the goddess, and thus must ask about the nature of this place, full of monsters and the dead. She was clearly unsure of the nature of this place, which suggests that she is also new to it. You, however, claim knowledge. Thus, you have, if you speak truth, been here for some time.... and are presumably responsible for some or much of the death and chaos here. Am I correct in this assumption?"

"My second question is, why have I been brought here? I do not sense the Goddess's influence. Did you hope to make prey of me? Are we all simply entertainment for some other power? What purpose does this place hold?"

"And lastly.... if you are the bringer of this chaos.... Why? For amusement? Retribution for some perceived transgressions? You do not seem to feed upon them, if you are their killers."

"Ah, good." Vincent lies down, resting on its elbows and laying its chin in its right hand. It smiles. "Good, smart creature you are." It was hoping to try to trick the priest into further thinking he is in some test, but it seems that he has already discovered the truth.

"I will gladly take resssponsibility for the chaos, but I cannot tell you why anything. However..." It stands and spreads its stolen wings, which double and pale in hue while growing feathers. "I can direct you to some other cluesss."

Find a house with a blue, angled roof and a broken window. Inside you will sssee the scope of danger you face."

Then seek a low glass building filled with shelves and marked by a bright sign. Inside you may find friendsss...or foes." It finishes with an indifferent shrug before launching itself over Niskali's head, landing on all fours by the cenobite's side. "Come, Sseeker!" It grabs her and tosses it into its back if allowed, then makes its escape.
His eyes widened at the wings. Two pairs, feathered, and tipped by smokey grey. The internal structure still seemed similar to his own, indicating.

Dammit. A four-winged silverfur Valkyr, almost certainly. And with how bizarre this situation was....

Yes, it was mostly conjecture, but he suspected that the creature didn't realize exactly how much information it had given him, either, taking on those larger and more capable wings. He would be more than happy to be struck down and burnt in the engines of the Bringer of Justice if he was wrong about this.

He needed to find that house. If he found what he feared, then he would likely drive his glaive through his own skull. He desperately hoped the creature was not making that connection.

He ran, in search of the described house. He very much hoped that this was a trap....

The Seeker seemed quite calm for experiencing this... rather strange way of transportation. She still had the golden cube in her scarred arms. Still, nothing. She was seeming to become maybe a bit attached to the fellow ‘beast.’ Some of the drops blood from her still bleeding slit in her leg seemed to fall onto the road below. It probably gave it a much more... eerie feel, even if just a few drops. She clung onto the larger beast.
Old flesh, new blood.
Hated in the sky! Comes here! Kill. KILL HUNT. Perfect. Kill it! Mother's Will! Die for mother! Us, it, die!

[The Bursters notice Vincent's movement, exposed to the sky. They buzz toward him, legs posed to rip themselves open if they get close enough]
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Bronze Nyx wrote:
A good selection of metallic items on the shelves. Are these even consumable? Bronze wondered, examining a can of... what seems to be meat. In his paws were the same can that Victi has, and the scent faintly suggests that it is indeed meat but... it smells completely different at the same time. Probably because it is contained in a metallic container? It is evident that the Felidae is very clueless on how to operate. He placed the can back on the shelf and went to explore inside the store, his eyes often glancing outside.

His eyes landed onto the variety of tools which he haven't also had a clue. He took a spatula between his paws and tested its durability by bending it. Unsatisfied by how easily it bent, he placed it down with he other weird-shaped tools. Bronze then took a knife from one of the many displayed— a cleaver. With that he is impressed, for he thinks it is a mini axe or something. He placed it down with the others, feeling that it is too large for him to handle. As he turned around to check on the others, he saw Helynah waving him over. Without anything to do, he shrugged and approached the two.

"Bronze," she gestures to the cat, introducing him to the child. "and I- call me Helynah -would like to know some more about this place and the people." She should ask about the dangers; perhaps Liliath knows something about both the monster they found and the monster they suspect still lurks. However, she should be better off saving those questions for Victi. "What can you tell me about the people you say are with you? That fox-creature is one of them, right?"

Speaking of whom, Victi rounds the corner of the aisle and asks about finding a stave. Helynah did come across some interesting tools, but nothing of improvised quarterstaff quality. Perhaps they can break the leg off of a table somewhere later. She passively shrugs at Victi while waiting for an answer from the girl, or the fox. An answer from either one will actually do.

Quarantiner Tsi wrote:
Hated in the sky! Comes here! Kill. KILL HUNT. Perfect. Kill it! Mother's Will! Die for mother! Us, it, die!

[The Bursters notice Vincent's movement, exposed to the sky. They buzz toward him, legs posed to rip themselves open if they get close enough]

It hears the threatening buzzing and spots the two bulbous shapes drifting toward them with surprising speed. Really? Why now?

Now, with the precious cargo on its back, is a very bad time.

Vincent changes tactics, skidding to a halt and diving into the alleys below. It abandons the wings and takes a wild, long detour through the labyrinth-like streets, all to lose Tsi'ka's mindless drones.
Meanwhile, the town is happy to guide the Draconic priest to the blue house. Through its shattered window, he will find, either to his horror or relief, that a giant insect and not the Living Gunship herself lies dead with a crushed skull in its livingroom.
[The Bursters are fast in the air, but not agile enough to keep their speed in narrow passages, and not smart enough to keep a view from above. Vincent, between shapeshifting and a better ability to navigate the streets, loses them in a few minutes. It doesn't help that they become distracted, returning to the smell of their mother's corpse]

She hissed and opened her mouth, showing her bloodied teeth to... whatever was after them. She still clutched onto the shoulders of the shapeshifter. She was sure to keep her feet away from the ground. Though it was not much, she still felt pain, and it’d probably feel like a few stings at her sensitive skin. The cenobite quickly had wrapped herself around him.
This house.... busted window, right room.... smell of recent death, and... something.... sterile? Seemed right. He kicked open the door, glaive in its condensed shape, optimal for close quarters. He crept through the building and.... Was that a Tsk-t A female, at that.... and her egg-sac was ruptured. He crept up beside the body. The head was..... gone. Was that what the creature was gloating about earlier? He wasn't seeing any other corpses.... a lot of organ meat in her claws, though. She put up one hell of a fight.

He moved back to examine the egg-sac. Two ruptures. Bursters, probably, since there was no sign of cutting, and if she's been growing a gendered there would only be one opening.

A buzzing. He moved back, away from the creature as the swollen-bellied arthropods came back through the window, landing near their dead mother. They... stared at him for a little while. He watched back. After they waggled their antennae at the dead Tsk-t for a few tense minutes, they simply turned around and jumped out the window, buzzing away. Once he was sure they were gone, he dug his blade into the corpse. There was something he needed to do...
Helynah wrote:
Bronze Nyx wrote:
A good selection of metallic items on the shelves. Are these even consumable? Bronze wondered, examining a can of... what seems to be meat. In his paws were the same can that Victi has, and the scent faintly suggests that it is indeed meat but... it smells completely different at the same time. Probably because it is contained in a metallic container? It is evident that the Felidae is very clueless on how to operate. He placed the can back on the shelf and went to explore inside the store, his eyes often glancing outside.

His eyes landed onto the variety of tools which he haven't also had a clue. He took a spatula between his paws and tested its durability by bending it. Unsatisfied by how easily it bent, he placed it down with he other weird-shaped tools. Bronze then took a knife from one of the many displayed— a cleaver. With that he is impressed, for he thinks it is a mini axe or something. He placed it down with the others, feeling that it is too large for him to handle. As he turned around to check on the others, he saw Helynah waving him over. Without anything to do, he shrugged and approached the two.

"Bronze," she gestures to the cat, introducing him to the child. "and I- call me Helynah -would like to know some more about this place and the people." She should ask about the dangers; perhaps Liliath knows something about both the monster they found and the monster they suspect still lurks. However, she should be better off saving those questions for Victi. "What can you tell me about the people you say are with you? That fox-creature is one of them, right?"

Speaking of whom, Victi rounds the corner of the aisle and asks about finding a stave. Helynah did come across some interesting tools, but nothing of improvised quarterstaff quality. Perhaps they can break the leg off of a table somewhere later. She passively shrugs at Victi while waiting for an answer from the girl, or the fox. An answer from either one will actually do.

“My friends are really kind , they also give good advice .” Liliath said smiling “Lisa is kind and my best friend , Raven is also my best friend and is a cat , Victi gives good advice , never ever trust Seo she is weird.”
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Bronze came close to listen, glancing outside once more. Is he becoming paranoid? The kept the question hanging since he doesn't have the answer to that yet.

"Ah, well, we always have that black sheep in a family." The feline replied with a chuckle, but his thoughts says otherwise. Aside from the many-tailed vulpine, the child mentioned another feline which Bronze immediately took an interest on. From all these odd things and his surroundings, he craved for normalcy. Even just a tiny sliver of it.
"By cat, she means small quadruped that would have some difficulty sitting on your head, by the way, and probably talks mostly by being Lisa's familiar, just in case you were expecting something.... taller," Victi chimes in, gesturing vaguely with that last bit.

May as well get this part of the conversation out of the way before he had to do it while being snarked at by the feline in question. Sure, it would have been hilarious, but misunderstandings didn't seem productive right now. Last time one of those happened, she got blinded! And this Bronze guy had a sword. Seemed bad.
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"By cat, she means small quadruped that would have some difficulty sitting on your head, by the way, and probably talks mostly by being Lisa's familiar, just in case you were expecting something.... taller," Victi chimes in, gesturing vaguely with that last bit.

May as well get this part of the conversation out of the way before he had to do it while being snarked at by the feline in question. Sure, it would have been hilarious, but misunderstandings didn't seem productive right now. Last time one of those happened, she got blinded! And this Bronze guy had a sword. Seemed bad.

Misunderstanding 'small' as in smaller than him a teensy bit, Bronze went on to ask more questions. "...Quadruped? Like— on all-fours? That's... this cat of yours doesn't stand up?" His voice carried a tone of bewilderment, his brows furrowed in contemplation, a paw residing on his chin. He's trying to visualize a small cat on all fours, and back in his world, it is only when someone really want to escape extreme danger, because being in all-fours can give you some sort of humility.

"Are they feral?" He asked again, not even waiting for an answer to the first three.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus