Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

"On the words, pretty simple: omnicidal is 'wants to kill everything', omnimorphic is 'can take on any shape'. That second one isn't quite true, I don't think, but true enough for our purposes," she explains.

"Anyway, your logic works for me, well presented," she says, satisfied, "Welcome back! Nice to have more predators on our side."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

WarPriest Niskali Atsiun wrote:
"Niskali Atsiun, a Warpriest of the goddess her Eminence the Cryu-Dzien," he says in answer, "and you seem suspicious enough of me that perhaps you have encountered the beast from whence this came?" He gestured with the leg as he asked.

He drew his fully collapsed glaive, unfolding the blade and carving off a few strips of meat for the feline while waiting for her answer.

A priest. Raven chuckles. She supposes they could use a little bit of God- er, Goddess -around here. With a shrug, she stands and strolls toward him and the monster's leg. Her tail twitches overhead and she eyes the meat hungrily.

"I think I know exactly who this leg belongs to, and I'm so excited to take a bite out of him." Her lips curl into something between a smile and a sneer as she hunches beside Niskali and waits for him to finish carving her portion.
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Helynah relaxes, stepping back and setting her weapon aside. Bronze's frank analysis, as well as his oddly specific explanation of how he got here and the way he struggles so genuinely to hide his nerves, is more than enough to convince her that he's not here to do any killing.

In these close quarters, she can't comfortably sheath the trident without the risk of accidentally hitting anyone, so she leans it against the wall and sits cross-legged beside it.

She nods in agreement with Victi's welcome. "I met the beast recently. Watched a dragon tear its leg off and it hardly flinched. We'll need as many quick wits and blades as we can get."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Quote:
"Fifty kilos says they're having monster leg with the warpriest," Victi says sassily while continuing to wrap the bandage around her arm, "Honestly, it smells pretty good."

Lisa sighs and breaks from the group to check Victi's suggestion. Of course, Raven would sneak past them for dinner with a "pentatheic."

She marches toward the evidence room with her fear of Niskali almost forgotten, shoved aside by mounting irritation and fierce protective instincts. Another emotion, something like dread, also swells in her chest. She can see Raven returning and slinking past them to investigate something new and dangerous, but would Liliath do the same? The child is reckless and Raven might not be the best influence for her, but she isn't sneaky the way the familiar is. Furthermore, Bronze didn't mention meeting a little human child...

"Raven!" She barges into the room, now angry and beyond worried. She draws her dagger and jabs at the air in a way that might be threatening to someone smaller and less armored. "Dra-pentatheic, if you so much as harm a scrap of fur on her-" she sees Raven hunched beside the lump of roasted meat. "Oh....y-you're..." Her arm falls to her side as she studies the room with an awkward chuckle. As she suspected, no Liliath.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

The store seems about as empty as always. Vincent briefly pauses at the door, reminiscing about the old times when this building thrived with routine activity.

That was a good couple of centuries ago, it thinks; anyone who might have visited this store then is gone now, murdered by its own claws. Ah, good times.

It switches forms; turning into a tall, dark-skinned woman in shimmering blue robes and freckles dotting its face. To Seo inside, Helynah has returned to finish what she'd started an hour ago.

Vincent throws the door open. "What the hell have you done!?" It pauses, miming shock when it sees Seo clutching a bloody knife. Its voice drops to a whisper, intense with tranquil fury. "What. The hell. Have you done?"
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Bronze was thankful that all hostilities ceased, involuntarily staring at Victi and her injuries as he tries to figure out and reimagine what happened, but then Lisa caught his attention away, his eyes following her as she passes by him. He felt included yet ignored, as if they would all be to themselves when the time ever comes. Deep in thought, his mind switched through topics and topics as he now glared on the floor, thinking. "You guys mentioned a dragon? That's comforting. Tales back in Felis mention these guys as powerful brutes that can take on anyone land and sky... probably underwater too. Never met one though." The feline said with a shrug, trying to make conversation. "Them scalies never got themselves wholly involved in the war though." He chuckled, his paw accidentally nudging the water gun that he filled with perfume from the store earlier. It might look absolutely useless, but if his idea is right, it might save his life.
"There is no need for you to have fear of me, healer. Her Eminence would only have me take so early the lives of the wicked and un-just," he says calmly, "Raven, is it? Here, these are from close to the bone and should be quite flavourful. So kind of the beast to provide this for us, don't you agree?"

"Would you care to sit with us as well, healer? I don't believe I caught your name, I'm afraid."

Helynah rests her back against the wall and smiles. Her prickliness almost entirely fades as she replies, “I know dragons.”

“Ah, I know two dragons. Big softies, both of them.” She grunts. “But you must be from somewhere alien if you say dragons never got involved in the war.”
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

Vincent wrote:
The store seems about as empty as always. Vincent briefly pauses at the door, reminiscing about the old times when this building thrived with routine activity.

That was a good couple of centuries ago, it thinks; anyone who might have visited this store then is gone now, murdered by its own claws. Ah, good times.

It switches forms; turning into a tall, dark-skinned woman in shimmering blue robes and freckles dotting its face. To Seo inside, Helynah has returned to finish what she'd started an hour ago.

Vincent throws the door open. "What the hell have you done!?" It pauses, miming shock when it sees Seo clutching a bloody knife. Its voice drops to a whisper, intense with tranquil fury. "What. The hell. Have you done?"

"Calm the heck down , she was only annoying you guys should be happy that she is dead." Seo sighed "She wanted to be with her sister so now she is."
"A pentatheic warpriest, and especially a Cryunien warpriest? Different from what you're thinking, I expect, but the strength is about right. They're seriously tough, and that glaive is nothing to laugh about either," Victi says to Bronze, "I'd never go hand to hand with one, that's for sure. And yeah, they're warriors all the way, no worries about that."
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Bronze only soaked in their foreign words, completely unknowledgeable to what those meant. He sure have heard the word alien before, but only from those scholars. Pentatheic? He doesn't have a clue. "You mentioned that this dragon teared off this "beast's" leg? Is that why there's a lot of blood outside?" The feline inquired, expecting that it would be the answer.
Victi shrugs, saying, "I wasn't there, I was probably in the middle of semi-intentionally setting myself on fire to avoid suffocation."

She was going to ask Helyna for her side of it, but blanked on the woman's name. Had she even gotten it? She thought she had..... Eh, didn't really need to address her for this.

"You were with the Warpriest, right?" she asked toward the trident-wielder, "Tag-team on the big bad?"

Vincent opens its mouth but pauses. It needs to think about this.

It has grown very used to and has even come to enjoy watching prey killing each other out of paranoia.

Likewise, it has grown used to occasionally meeting wicked beasts almost like itself, but not quite: primal beasts who are usually driven to kill by something simple, like hunger.

But it wasn't paranoia or hunger that drove Seo to murder a child. She'd grown annoyed with her. Tired of the small creature's insolence, Seo has taken a knife and stabbed her to death. She committed an act so absolutely senseless and psychopathic that even Vincent stands at a loss for words.

Then its lips curl into a smile.

All of a sudden, it sees a little bit of itself in Seo. This woman isn't nearly as clever (probably) and a little more impulsive, but that just means she'll be easier to manipulate.

"Am I supposed to thank you?" it takes a menacing step toward her, cracking its knuckles. Its smile twists into a frown, although probably too late for the break of character to go unnoticed.

"Well yes , you guys where all annoyed with her i only did you guys a favor." "Yes its maybe a little sad that she is gone , but its for the better for everyone."she said

Sure,” Vincent sneers, stepping forward. It tucks its hand into one robe. When it shifted, it had replaced Helynah’s impressive trident for something easier to initially create and hide. Its fingers curl around a knife hilt hidden under its robes.

“Sure.” Another step closer. “Thanks for giving me a reason to slash your goddamn throat.” It draws the knife. It smiles again as it tosses back and forth in its hands. So much for keeping character; this woman can't possibly miss the same manic grin twice, so it lets it smile grow as it prowls toward her.

Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Victi shrugs, saying, "I wasn't there, I was probably in the middle of semi-intentionally setting myself on fire to avoid suffocation."

She was going to ask Helyna for her side of it, but blanked on the woman's name. Had she even gotten it? She thought she had..... Eh, didn't really need to address her for this.

"You were with the Warpriest, right?" she asked toward the trident-wielder, "Tag-team on the big bad?"

Helynah blinks at her like she hadn’t expected to be spoken to directly. “Huh? Yes- that fight was something. The thing didn’t draw any blood.” It did toss her around like she was a sack of fish, but there’s no way on this goddess-forsaken plane of existence she’d admit that to these two.

“All of the blood out there belongs to it.”

Vincent wrote:
Sure,” Vincent sneers, stepping forward. It tucks its hand into one robe. When it shifted, it had replaced Helynah’s impressive trident for something easier to initially create and hide. Its fingers curl around a knife hilt hidden under its robes.

“Sure.” Another step closer. “Thanks for giving me a reason to slash your goddamn throat.” It draws the knife. It smiles again as it tosses back and forth in its hands. So much for keeping character; this woman can't possibly miss the same manic grin twice, so it lets it smile grow as it prowls toward her.

Seo giggeld "She is dead now , don't be to mad about it."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Quote:
"There is no need for you to have fear of me, healer. Her Eminence would only have me take so early the lives of the wicked and unjust," he says calmly, "Raven, is it? Here, these are from close to the bone and should be quite flavourful. So kind of the beast to provide this for us, don't you agree?"

"Would you care to sit with us as well, healer? I don't believe I caught your name, I'm afraid."

Raven tears her eyes away from the succulent strips of flesh being offered to her long enough to say "'sup?" like she's not chilling with a bipedal dragon and they're not about to dine on the leg of a psychopathic shapeshifter in a room that, until recently, had been on fire. Then she snatches the meat out of Niskali's hand, mutters a muffled agreement, and prowls to the other side of the room, hunching over her gift in classic feline fashion.

Lisa watches the cat for a moment before letting her eyes fall to the floor. Yes, she could meet Tsi-ka's eyes for a moment and hold a staring contest with Victi but she cannot hold her gaze up to the kind green eyes peering at her from behind that long white mask.

Her throat had gone dry when Niskali turned to face her. She tries two or three times to swallow before saying anything. Her voice still cracks as she introduces herself. "L-lisa. Pleasure t-to meet you. I-" she lifts her head enough to take in the heavy tail, broad shoulders, and melon-sized fists with fingers tips with long, sharp claws. "...I'll-I...sure. I can sit with...with you."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Raven greets Lisa before remembering exactly why she avoided going straight to her in the first place. To further delay the confrontation, she takes Niskali's offering of food and retreats to the corner.

She watches Liz tremble and trip over her sentences, observing carefully and gradually feeling more and more guilty for not doing her job. The girl is terrified: her voice is hoarse, she's covered in someone else's blood, and she's stuck facing one of her greatest fears because she thought Raven might be in danger. The cat looks down at her food; she isn't hungry anymore. Her loss of the desire to eat brings to life even more guilt, so she sinks her teeth into it anyways. Anything to stop the flow of guilt.

Quote:

Seo giggeld "She is dead now , don't be to mad about it."

"That girl could have lived," it replied. "You took away her chancesss of growing up. Of finding a family. Of being free." Still smiling, it steps closer. "I'm not angry..." it pauses. How far should it go?

"I'm absssolutely furious." It lunges at the girl with a yell; slashing in her general direction with the knife but not actually trying to seriously wound it. It tries to drive her closer to the back wall.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus