Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

A call for help. Either she was dead and the shifter was luring them, or she was alive.

Either case was urgent.

The store they had described came into view, and he glanced at Bronze, nodding quickly. Large windows indeed.... perfect. But this time, this once? This wasn't for show, this was to save a life. Niskali rushed up to the window and hurtled through, his left shoulder slamming through the glass as he leapt over the low solid part of the wall, glaive ready to cut down any opposition that would dare interfere with this act of preservation.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

((Probably should say that Niskali overshot his target by quite a bit if he was aiming to find Liliath, but this works too.))
((Had she moved that far? I can fix that. Avi does a forget))

((Well, the store could be in view, though the fact that it is prime land-shifting time would make it unlikely. It's not so much Liliath moving far away but more or less the place screwing around with its layout again.

I'll let you decide if it needs fixing, because this could actually still work. I'll just say that the girl did at least manage to get outside.))
((Who's to say they're coming from the close side? :3

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say or at least imply that some of the "landmark" locations stay in the same relative positions to one another? Though I guess them getting yoinked en-route works regardless.))

((Did I set up the grocery store as a landmark location?

I probably did; need to write this stuff down. Carry on.))
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

The cat draws a sharp breath and, abandoning all caution, sprints toward the girl's cries. "Little!" The small, crumpled form comes into view. Raven falters only when she steps into the drying pool of blood, but she makes it to Liliath's side and presses her head against the girl's pallid cheek. Her loud, ferocious purrs rises not from joy or relief, but immense worry. "Don't worry. It's okay, I'm here. Lisa's here. She has bandages and medicine. You're going to be okay." She yelps and ducks beside Liliath when Niskali hurls himself through the grocery store's windows. "And don't worry about him," she weakly whispers. "He's a friend."
((XD))
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa freezes when she hears the call for her name. The question of who/what that voice belongs to crosses her mind, and unlike the pentatheic warrior, fear gives her pause.

Then Raven rushes into the mist. Lisa snaps to focus and cries, "I'm coming!" She follows her familiar to the girl's side. "I'm here!" She falls to her knees by Liliath's side. "I'm here, I'm here." She moves quickly to turn the girl over, to bring her wounds into full view. She does so, hopeful that the damage can still be undone, that the child can be saved.
Niskali skids to a halt, realizing something important.

She wasn't a pentatheic. She would not have shiny scales, and would be small.

He felt very stupid, and, after looking around for a few moments, walked back out. "The inside seems clear for the moment!" he said as an attempt to justify his impulsive action, "If you require additional hands, I am willing to assist, or stand guard if you prefer."

Vincent pauses, still looming over Seo with its claws arched menacingly over her head. Crying? So the child is not yet-

Its thoughts are frustratingly interrupted by that beast of a draconic warrior hurtling through the window. Vincent turns and hisses, crouching low in preparation for a fight. Of course, the dragon would assume it was responsible for the child painfully dying outside.

Niskali's eyes scan the room, then he leaves.

Vincent hisses a bout of laughter and turns to Seo. "Now, where were we?"
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

They're all worrying and worrying as if they wanted to be out of here as fast as possible. He cautiously approached the wounded to give a brief look at her, but even he isn't sure if she will survive. If she was stabbed to die in here, then he at least should pick up her perpetrator's scent. The only thing is, the unknown scent has pooled from where he's standing and he is quite unsure as to where it went. Other than that, he also detected another scent that was annoyingly familiar.

Bronze doesn't know what to do next. He kept a finger in front of his muzzle to indicate that they should stay quiet. He had a feeling that they are possibly watched.
Raven wrote:
The cat draws a sharp breath and, abandoning all caution, sprints toward the girl's cries. "Little!" The small, crumpled form comes into view. Raven falters only when she steps into the drying pool of blood, but she makes it to Liliath's side and presses her head against the girl's pallid cheek. Her loud, ferocious purrs rises not from joy or relief, but immense worry. "Don't worry. It's okay, I'm here. Lisa's here. She has bandages and medicine. You're going to be okay." She yelps and ducks beside Liliath when Niskali hurls himself through the grocery store's windows. "And don't worry about him," she weakly whispers. "He's a friend."

"No i won't be okay please don't lie , i will die ." she whisperd soft "Your evil version was here again , but he is gone now ." she smiled a little "But i am happy you are here." then she noticed Lisa as Lisa turned over she started crying louder "it hurts , you don't need to fix it cause it can't be fixed i will die i will die." she cried "Just like Bella but then i am with Bella so its kinda ok." "kill the person who did it to me it was S-" then it got to hard for her to talk so she stopped doing it
Niskali glances at the feline swordsman, and mutters, "If any attention would be drawn, it has been drawn already. If they choose to fight, so be it, but now is the time for compassion.". With that, he walks over, and kneels next to Liliath's shuddering, slowly failing body. When he speaks, his voice is quiet, gentle even, with tones that made clear that the emphasis in 'warpriest' did not need to always be on 'war'.

"For you to accept and understand your end as one so young, you must be of the strongest of wills. The wounds are deep, but your body has held for longer than most could. I have just met you now, but already know yours to be among the most tragic of losses; when the others spoke of you, the concern in their words spoke to more than just your youth, but to your goodness, your value as an ally, and thus to your strength. When you meet the one previously lost of whom you speak, and whichever divinity you hail most closely, I hope for them to be proud of you, for you deserve their pride and love for that which you have done, and to help your spirit's mind heal from this pain unjustly forced upon you."

He brings out a syringe from a pocket in his robe. "This is what we call Terminus," he explains, "It is chemical, and so I suspect should work here. Its purpose is to dull pain and discomfort while enhancing more positive sensations. The touches of those who care for you, for example. The care from their words. It is customarily administered to the dying, hence its name. There is no cause for the good to die in torment, the love of those around them drowned out by agony. Would you like it for your last moments?"
Liliath sighed and shook her head "I don't need it , let me die normally like Bella."
"I would say that to die in pain is not to die normally, but if that is what you wish, I will respect that decision," he says, re-pocketing the syringe and rising to his feet. "I will remain in case my services are further required or we fall under attack. My last words to you, fallen one: Rest well, warrior."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Of course she's dying. Look at all the blood. Blood on her shirt, blood on the ground, on your paws...

Raven buries her face in Liliath's bloody chest. She hears the girl's heartbeat slowing. She feels her drawing pained and shallow breaths and Raven desperately wishes the girl would just take the damn medicine. Then she feels terrible for thinking that. The fresh guilt revives her prior guilt about leaving Little. Her throat tightens and Raven's purr grows louder; the intense rumbling in her chest garbles her blubbering apologies. "I'm sorry, Little. So sorry I...I should have-should have...I should have been with you."

"I'm so sorry."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

It doesn't take long for Lisa to realize how deep the wounds go, and how long Liliath had already been lying here. I can't save her.

She falls silent and cries as Niskali tries to provide comfort. She clasps the child's hand in one of her own and lays her other on Liliath's head. "Rest well," she croaks, echoing Niskali's words as all of her own sayings escape her head.

Vincent's present toy has gone suspiciously quiet and still, perhaps awed or terrified at its grand reveal. At least, that's what it'd like to think. It turns away from Seo and listens to the commotion outside. The kitty apologizing. The inhuman woman sobbing. Niskali proving to be a paragon of stability among the delightful angst fest going on around him. It peers at Bronze, who seems less concerned about seeing to the dying child than keeping a lookout for whatever causes the mess.

It gasps and jerks its near-featureless head to face Seo without moving the rest of its body which faces the window. A ghastly ear-to-ear grin splits its face as an idea strikes it. An idea to strike fear in Seo's heart if its mere presence hasn't done so already. "Sssso....should I go tell them who'sss responsible for the little girl'sss death?"
"Raven don't act so silly ,it isn't your fault but Seo her fault , you didn't hurt me with a knife she did." "Bye everybody." Liliath tried to wave "Love you all." she then died

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus