Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Lisa, surprisingly calm after witnessing a nervous cat-man step out of the shadows, focuses on wrapping bandages around the worst of Victi's burns.

She'd coiled gauze around Victi's torso and was now reaching for the fox's arm. Then Bronze mentions being led here by a black cat.

The bandages again fall from her hand. "What?"
He flicks his tail up as she lands on it, likely enough to shove her off, but not much else, and lets out a low chuckle.

"If you were the shapeshifter, coming up so silently behind me," his deep, grumbling voice came quietly and gently, "You would have executed me rather than attacking my tail, I suspect. So I am assuming that whoever you are, you are not hostile."

After five or ten seconds, he adds, "I think this is nearly seared enough to be safe to eat. Would you care to share in my spoils? You are light enough that I would doubt you would be taking more than I could spare."
"Really? You're surprised she's being wandering around? Look, I met her in the last day and I'd already be more surprised if she wasn't," Victi says, picking up the bandages to work on her arm herself. They were soft enough not to sting her pads too much, thankfully.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Raven tumbles backward and rolls over, landing on her belly with an "oof!" She huffs and waits, not totally sure what to expect now.

She listens to him explain exactly how he came to the conclusion that she isn't the shapeshifter while rolling her eyes, but her face splits into an ear-to-ear grin when he offers food. "Yes!" She scrambles to her feet, loudly purring.

Then she falls silent and backs away. She doesn't know this guy. He could be evil, but that seems really unlikely. Eh, she might as well pretend not to trust him. That way, if anyone asks, Raven can say that she was careful.

"Wait, who are you?"

Lisa isn't actually that surprised. Raven is the type of creature who'd stick her head in a dragon's mouth to see if it had any flat teeth. Of course, she'd wander around and cause trouble even in a place as dangerous as this.

Lisa's more or less worried about what might have happened to Raven and the child she'd been sent away with. A quick look around reveals that neither one is anywhere in sight. "Where is Raven now, then?"
"Niskali Atsiun, a Warpriest of the goddess her Eminence the Cryu-Dzien," he says in answer, "and you seem suspicious enough of me that perhaps you have encountered the beast from whence this came?" He gestured with the leg as he asked.

He drew his fully collapsed glaive, unfolding the blade and carving off a few strips of meat for the feline while waiting for her answer.
"Fifty kilos says they're having monster leg with the warpriest," Victi says sassily while continuing to wrap the bandage around her arm, "Honestly, it smells pretty good."
Bronze Nyx (played by Zevel)

Bronze only nodded, crossing his arms as his gaze trailed from Helynah to Victi, who still assumes that he's probably the shapeshifter. What confuses him is that they're quite relaxed to someone who may be their potential doom, or maybe he's being led to a trap where overconfidence would be his killer? "Alright so let me say it straight;" The feline said, raising a paw. "I may be a biped but me as a quadruped is also possible, if not quite uncomfortable. Also, I don't know what omnicidal and omnimorphic is." With a dismissing grunt, he sat on the floor with his arms still closed, his back leaning to the wall behind him with his tail curled up to his lap. "Hell, the only fumes I know is gas, thinner and perfume." The feline murmured as he placed the toygun beside him.

"Anyways, here is how I see things in the shapeshifter's perspective, if he thinks like I do anyways. Victi is recovering from wounds which kind of renders her as unavailable for combat, Helynah can't really attack with a big trident in an enclosed space without hitting you and you." Bronze pointed at the vixen and the other lady he doesn't know that name. "And, well, from what I see, you're all easy to kill as of now. Which uh, I haven't done yet." He gave a sheepish grin, fully knowing the fact that it would either raise suspicions or lower it depends on how they think. "Also, the door's open." He added, his thumb pointed at the wall behind him.
"On the words, pretty simple: omnicidal is 'wants to kill everything', omnimorphic is 'can take on any shape'. That second one isn't quite true, I don't think, but true enough for our purposes," she explains.

"Anyway, your logic works for me, well presented," she says, satisfied, "Welcome back! Nice to have more predators on our side."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

WarPriest Niskali Atsiun wrote:
"Niskali Atsiun, a Warpriest of the goddess her Eminence the Cryu-Dzien," he says in answer, "and you seem suspicious enough of me that perhaps you have encountered the beast from whence this came?" He gestured with the leg as he asked.

He drew his fully collapsed glaive, unfolding the blade and carving off a few strips of meat for the feline while waiting for her answer.

A priest. Raven chuckles. She supposes they could use a little bit of God- er, Goddess -around here. With a shrug, she stands and strolls toward him and the monster's leg. Her tail twitches overhead and she eyes the meat hungrily.

"I think I know exactly who this leg belongs to, and I'm so excited to take a bite out of him." Her lips curl into something between a smile and a sneer as she hunches beside Niskali and waits for him to finish carving her portion.
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Helynah relaxes, stepping back and setting her weapon aside. Bronze's frank analysis, as well as his oddly specific explanation of how he got here and the way he struggles so genuinely to hide his nerves, is more than enough to convince her that he's not here to do any killing.

In these close quarters, she can't comfortably sheath the trident without the risk of accidentally hitting anyone, so she leans it against the wall and sits cross-legged beside it.

She nods in agreement with Victi's welcome. "I met the beast recently. Watched a dragon tear its leg off and it hardly flinched. We'll need as many quick wits and blades as we can get."

Quote:
"Fifty kilos says they're having monster leg with the warpriest," Victi says sassily while continuing to wrap the bandage around her arm, "Honestly, it smells pretty good."

Lisa sighs and breaks from the group to check Victi's suggestion. Of course, Raven would sneak past them for dinner with a "pentatheic."

She marches toward the evidence room with her fear of Niskali almost forgotten, shoved aside by mounting irritation and fierce protective instincts. Another emotion, something like dread, also swells in her chest. She can see Raven returning and slinking past them to investigate something new and dangerous, but would Liliath do the same? The child is reckless and Raven might not be the best influence for her, but she isn't sneaky the way the familiar is. Furthermore, Bronze didn't mention meeting a little human child...

"Raven!" She barges into the room, now angry and beyond worried. She draws her dagger and jabs at the air in a way that might be threatening to someone smaller and less armored. "Dra-pentatheic, if you so much as harm a scrap of fur on her-" she sees Raven hunched beside the lump of roasted meat. "Oh....y-you're..." Her arm falls to her side as she studies the room with an awkward chuckle. As she suspected, no Liliath.
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

The store seems about as empty as always. Vincent briefly pauses at the door, reminiscing about the old times when this building thrived with routine activity.

That was a good couple of centuries ago, it thinks; anyone who might have visited this store then is gone now, murdered by its own claws. Ah, good times.

It switches forms; turning into a tall, dark-skinned woman in shimmering blue robes and freckles dotting its face. To Seo inside, Helynah has returned to finish what she'd started an hour ago.

Vincent throws the door open. "What the hell have you done!?" It pauses, miming shock when it sees Seo clutching a bloody knife. Its voice drops to a whisper, intense with tranquil fury. "What. The hell. Have you done?"

Bronze was thankful that all hostilities ceased, involuntarily staring at Victi and her injuries as he tries to figure out and reimagine what happened, but then Lisa caught his attention away, his eyes following her as she passes by him. He felt included yet ignored, as if they would all be to themselves when the time ever comes. Deep in thought, his mind switched through topics and topics as he now glared on the floor, thinking. "You guys mentioned a dragon? That's comforting. Tales back in Felis mention these guys as powerful brutes that can take on anyone land and sky... probably underwater too. Never met one though." The feline said with a shrug, trying to make conversation. "Them scalies never got themselves wholly involved in the war though." He chuckled, his paw accidentally nudging the water gun that he filled with perfume from the store earlier. It might look absolutely useless, but if his idea is right, it might save his life.
"There is no need for you to have fear of me, healer. Her Eminence would only have me take so early the lives of the wicked and un-just," he says calmly, "Raven, is it? Here, these are from close to the bone and should be quite flavourful. So kind of the beast to provide this for us, don't you agree?"

"Would you care to sit with us as well, healer? I don't believe I caught your name, I'm afraid."
Helynah (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

Helynah rests her back against the wall and smiles. Her prickliness almost entirely fades as she replies, “I know dragons.”

“Ah, I know two dragons. Big softies, both of them.” She grunts. “But you must be from somewhere alien if you say dragons never got involved in the war.”
Seo yeon (played by Cookiesareyummie)

Vincent wrote:
The store seems about as empty as always. Vincent briefly pauses at the door, reminiscing about the old times when this building thrived with routine activity.

That was a good couple of centuries ago, it thinks; anyone who might have visited this store then is gone now, murdered by its own claws. Ah, good times.

It switches forms; turning into a tall, dark-skinned woman in shimmering blue robes and freckles dotting its face. To Seo inside, Helynah has returned to finish what she'd started an hour ago.

Vincent throws the door open. "What the hell have you done!?" It pauses, miming shock when it sees Seo clutching a bloody knife. Its voice drops to a whisper, intense with tranquil fury. "What. The hell. Have you done?"

"Calm the heck down , she was only annoying you guys should be happy that she is dead." Seo sighed "She wanted to be with her sister so now she is."
"A pentatheic warpriest, and especially a Cryunien warpriest? Different from what you're thinking, I expect, but the strength is about right. They're seriously tough, and that glaive is nothing to laugh about either," Victi says to Bronze, "I'd never go hand to hand with one, that's for sure. And yeah, they're warriors all the way, no worries about that."

Bronze only soaked in their foreign words, completely unknowledgeable to what those meant. He sure have heard the word alien before, but only from those scholars. Pentatheic? He doesn't have a clue. "You mentioned that this dragon teared off this "beast's" leg? Is that why there's a lot of blood outside?" The feline inquired, expecting that it would be the answer.
Victi shrugs, saying, "I wasn't there, I was probably in the middle of semi-intentionally setting myself on fire to avoid suffocation."

She was going to ask Helyna for her side of it, but blanked on the woman's name. Had she even gotten it? She thought she had..... Eh, didn't really need to address her for this.

"You were with the Warpriest, right?" she asked toward the trident-wielder, "Tag-team on the big bad?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus