Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Royal Mile Inn

((*"))
Brenna (played by Juls)

((So no Rhinoman?))
Dwarf Mine GM (played by Malcolm) Topic Starter

(( My post and Mokk's crossed. I'd just given up on getting a follow-up. If Mokk wants to play he's welcome.))
Mokk Grun (played by Pantrane)

((Just a note. I'm going to fit into the posting order. I just wanted to clarify to make sure nobody was waiting on my response this time. If it was obvious that I was waiting for the posting order, I apologize. I just wanted to be clear to everyone here, since I haven't done planning or anything with you all.))
Mokk Grun (played by Pantrane)

((I'm waiting for the GM. I think sticking with the posting order even throughout the fight is a good idea. It's one thing if Pint and Mokk will go one by one alone. But if the GM is going to post and Brenna will jump in, let's stick to an order.))
Brenna (played by Juls)

((Skip me this time around. Brenna's just watching.))
Neemus Xercles (played by Arcol)

((I apologize; is it too late to join?))

((Sigh, haven't kept up to this.))

"Cross my palm with silver" says Mistress Weather, as Brenna takes the first fortune. She withdraws a pack of tarot cards from here robes, and pulls out the Page of Pentacles. "This represents you" she explains, "Swords are fighters, wands are magic users, cups are clerics, and pentacles are merchants and everybody else." You think she is avoiding the term "thieves" out of politeness. "A Page can be a young woman".

She lays down the cards on a beer table, with the patrons clustered around in a curious circle.
"This covers her, this crosses her, this is behind her, this is before her, this is above her, this is below her, this is outside her, this is within her, this is her hopes and fears, and this is the most she can hope to achieve".

The cards are laid face down. and Brenna is asked to turn over the first two.

"You should have won that fight" says Captain baring to Mokk, "The dwarf just got lucky with the throw. You're clearly stronger than any human or dwarf. Say, if that lady can really foretell the future, why didn't she foretell the results of the fight, put a bet on it, and clean up?"

((Brenna please roll 2 78 sided dice for the cards. Strictly it's 1 77-sided and 1 76 sided since you can't draw the same card twice.))
Brenna (played by Juls)

((Reroll first card))

rolled 1d100 and got 71
first card reroll

Brenna (played by Juls)

((Feel like I'm hogging the spotlight here. But certainly don't mind sitting aside when someone else is getting their fortune told! ;-p ))

rolled 1d100 and got 75
first card

rolled 1d100 and got 76
second card

rolled 1d100 and got 57
third card

rolled 1d100 and got 5
fourth card

Pint (played anonymously)

((Well, that's close enough. Can we say that's a 78?))

rolled 1d100 and got 79

((Aye, I agree. Will be posting soon, these summer hours are kicking me arse))

((I’m back in business and will post tomorrow I swears))

((who's go izzit?))

(( GM's note. Pint wants to go up to the watchtower whilst Brenna wants to test the food for poison with the rats. I'm waiting for you to decide. ))

((Ok, I was waiting on Rin to chip in but I can go in a bit if needed))
Brenna (played by Juls)

((I was kinda sticking with post order to keep it simple. But I can go after Pint if Rin doesn't chime in soon. :) ))

((Yes, I try to give everyone a chance to post before I move the story along but I don't think the post order is sacrosanct. At this stage it's as much a case of discussing theories about what is happening as taking actions))

(( GM note, on holiday for one week from today ))
Brenna (played by Juls)

((I swear I haven't forgotten! I'll try to get in a real reply in the next few days!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Royal Mile Inn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus