Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

He weakly grinned, hesitating before nodding slightly. "It’s like.. money on this village." He tried explaining ‘currency’, though he struggled. "Have you been to the village’s central area? The shops there are.. unique." He kept calling the town a ‘village’, though it wasn’t a purpose. He was just familiar with the term and it was the first to come to mind. Undoing his ponytail, he ran his fingers through his tangled hair. "The plaza most likely has coats, I’m guessing. It would be a shame if they didn’t."

He took a smaller version of the coin from his pocket, flinching as the ‘Wanted Dead Or Alive’ poster fell alongside the movement. He drew a breathe and stepped on it to prevent it from flying across the floor, keeping his foot over it,

He would pretend not to notice, rolling the smaller coin over his knuckles repeatedly to play the situation off.
Ember AKA Audenzia (played anonymously)

Ember tilted her head at Liefthous' explanation that made only some sense to her, though she paid close attention to what he said, trying to take mental notes of everything. She didn't know some of the words but she kept quiet until he finished and planned to ask him about it.

The red-head waited a second after the man finished talking before preparing to ask her question- but a flash of movement caught her eye. Turning towards the man's waist where she thought she saw the movement come from brought nothing amiss under her grey orbs. Playing it off as her imagination she put her head back up to look at the white-haired male once more. A brief thought of danger crossed the mind and she made sure to keep her attention on high to where she saw the imagined movement.

"This mumy-carrency is of importance. This veillage is a House.", Ember squinted at Liefthous as she tried to draw connections.

"

Slowly, he bent down and swiftly picked up the folded paper. He was relieved she hadn’t made a deal over the situation. Tucking it into his pocket once again, Lief continued fiddling with the smaller coin. "The currency- Ehm, coins, as most call them- They are important. I s’ppose you use them to purchase items," He tried speaking clearly in attempt not to confuse her. "And the village is.." He made hand gestures, moving his hands back and forth as if to trace an invisible bubble. "-the village is more of the overall town- or place where people gather their houses. So.. yes? You’re partially correct,"

Ember watched in mild fascination as the male bent to pick up what looked like a piece of paper covered in ink...in the form of a person. She cocked her head to the left, not blinking as he placed it in his pocket- from where she thought she saw something move. Grey eyes found themselves snapping up to greet Liefthous' own orbs, partly listening to what he was saying to her.

A horrible reputation...to get away...inked paper man...she wondered. Ember didn't have the ability to read and therefore didn't know what the paper had also been inked with. She was a little frustrated but kept it in and relaxed her pose, blinking finally.

"A veillage is a bigger House. Mumy-carrency is to have what is made.", Ember adjusted her previous statement with the new information given. The woman looked down to what was her coat and thought maybe she should to get a made one. Would a Big House have her coat?

The woman turned to go for a sip of her drink cup.

Following her, Lief smiled, laughing softly as he nodded. "Right. So, I was thinking I’ll let you keep the money and buy yourself another coat." He would be in debt of Aleron, but he told himself he would have to work for the extra money. Though he didn’t mind, he would hope Aleron wouldn’t give him difficult tasks in exchange to pay off the debt.

Clearly not thinking, Lief continued talking. "Do you know how to use the coins-?" He stopped himself, realizing he was probably being inconsiderate or offensive. "I apologize- I didn’t mean for it to sound rude or anything- I was just wondering-" He would be speaking quickly, fumbling over his own words.

Ember got to her cup of drink and took a bigger sip than she originally planned though didn't mind it too much. The female stuck her tongue out slightly to lick her lips to keep the droplets from running down her chin and peered over at the spoken-stumbling man. Part of her was frustrated at her inability to understand what or why anything is how in this place and so part of her was frustrated at the man for instantly assuming that she didn't know how to mumy-carrency.

The other part knew that because she didn't know anything of this place that she shouldn't be upset that the assumption was made; it was true. "I am unaware of how to use mumy-carrency.", she cut him off quickly. The continued with, "But learning of new skills is always smiled upon.", Ember gave him a small nod.

Lief didn’t want to- nor mean to- irritate the woman. He paused in his tracks, opening his mouth to speak but quickly shutting before he made things worse. He didn’t know if he had frustrated her or not. He started to internally panic, nearly spitting out another apology. Stopping himself from speaking once again, he returned the nod and avoided eye-contact.

Though, most of the time, he kept a stern face and his weapon drawn for no particular reason, he was actually quite anxious around people. He covered the anxiety with jokes and smiles, laughing nervously and quietly. Though he enjoyed bothering others at times, he also had a ping of guilt when he didn’t mean to.

Ember furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of his struggle with something unknown to her. He seemed upset with something. "Liefthous is having a hardship.", the woman voiced her mild concern without thinking, rearing in surprise at herself. She gulped quietly but decided to stick with it. The red-head wasn't one to back down from her own mistakes.

His smile had gone by that point and it was an odd feeling that entered her at the same time.

Lief was startled by her statement, awkwardly laughing. "Hm? No- I’m fine." He exhaled, recovering quickly. He smiled once again, trying to cover it up. "Just.. lost." He paused. It took him a moment to realize the depth of his words. He looked up frantically, waving his hand. "In my thoughts-!" He stuttered, chuckling forcefully.

"Apologies-" He cut himself off, reminding himself he apologized too much. Awkwardly and anxiously, Lief straightens his posture and lifts his hand, rubbing the back of his neck. He exhaled, mumbling. "Sorry. I talk too much, hm?" He joked lightly, snickering harshly at himself.

Ember watched the male with light bemusement paired with a flickering expression of being dumbfounded, holding her cup of drink with both hands, wondering why he was so...fidgety. He had seemed tired but collected not long when they met but now he had turned the complete opposite- plus weird self-loathing witty remarks about himself. It seemed toxic to his well-being.

"I think you speak many half-words-", the red-head replied honestly with a small dip of her head in thought, voice softer. "-even though you have many words of the mind, as you say.", Ember looked up above him to think some more before bringing her gaze back down. "Speaking in many can clear the mind of unspoken words. Less half-words.", she finished her sentence with a tiny sip of drink.

Lief swallowed, scanning over the tavern before meeting her eyes. He quickly lowered his gaze to the floor, clearing his throat. He took a moment to gather himself before looking up again. He exhaled with a soft but weak simper creasing his lips. He would try to speak, though he had nothing to say, for once.

He simply nodded twice, lowering his hands into his pockets. He brushed his fingertips over the paper, regretting not throwing it out when he had the chance.

Ember felt a little distressed. He seemed more and more upset the more she spoke. Maybe Liefthous did not like to be spoken to so much. Instead of trying to reason with him more, the woman took a long look around the Hall for something that might cheer the man up. Though the Leader wasn't sure what the white-haired male was interested in as things to make himself feel better she wasn't going to let it go easily.

The red-head saw a circular wooden table-looking decoration hanging on a wall not too far away which held many colored on it. Small sharp objects were stuck into it, also holding many colors on them. She thought of his leg wound and the distance the odd wooden wall-table was from where they were...it wasn't far. He might be able to get there with little to no pain as long as he takes his time.

With a plan in mind, she turned back to him. "Your wound of your leg is still in pain.", Ember stated casually, wondering if he would correct her and answer her unspoken question.

Lief’s ears perked up, and he attempted to follow her gaze before turning back to face her. "Yes.. Slightly." He raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to try to see where she was looking. He was bewildered and curious, though he didn’t ask as he faced her once again, raising an eyebrow.

Ember looked between the wall-table and then back to Liefthous again. "I will carry you if need be. Come.", she took hold of his sleeve between two of her fingers and tugged gently in the direction of the colorful wooden decoration. Her other hand took his cup of drink to bring with them over there.

Lief gracelessly followed her, slowing his pace as he gasped. Pain erupted throughout his leg, causing him to inhale sharply. "Wait- wait-" He breathed, standing still for a moment.

He shut his eye tightly, his head throbbing. He nodded before looking up again, cautiously stepping forward and continuing to walk.

Ember snapped her head around to watch; grip tightening for a moment before loosening back up again, poised to move in case he fell. Once he regained his breath and posture- moving forward again, the grey-eyed woman slowed her pace down and made sure that nothing was in the way on the journey to their destination.

"If rest is in dire need then lean on me for a time. If pain is overwhelming then the same.", Ember offered, readjusting the grip she had on both the man's sleeve and the cup of his.

Lief would smile through the misery. "Lean on you..? Pfft- I’ll be alright.." He glimpsed at the sleeve the women held, then back at her. "I can walk on my own, Y’know." He snickered, nudging her shoulder. "You can let go. I’ll survive. No worries."

Ember threw him a brief disbelieving look before reluctantly letting go but stayed only one step ahead just in case. She kicked some broken glass shards out of the way with her boot, suddenly remembering Airica and becoming cautious once more. The power-induced woman could show up again in any moment. It sent danger tingling down her spine but she rolled her shoulders and the coldness ceased.

Ember decided to keep her mind off of the thought. "You have been here a while Liefthous.", she glanced behind at him for a second.

His footsteps would be uncoordinated, yet he still managed to stay on his feet. He furrowed his brows as he focused on the ground, only to glimpse up as he heard the woman’s voice.

"What do you mean..?" He quickly lowered his sight and peered at his feet, checking if he was walking correctly. "As in, I’ve been in the tavern for awhile..?"

"Yes.", Ember confirmed curtly, with a nod of her head that was too small to notice, her attention going all around the place. The woman felt restless for a reason unknown to her and she found herself twitching every now and then. Her mind both screamed in constant buzzing but also had her thoughts running a field a minute, yet none of them stayed long enough for her to find the words for them. The woman's grip on the cup had slowly been tightening and it finally split down the middle, spilling some of it's drink onto the floor.

Ember hissed in anger and snapped around to go fill it again, getting to the table of many drinks in no time, her boots click-clacking heavily under her steps.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus