Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Fell-san

Both
Lief Thous (played by AmberShades)

He nearly choked, but his cheeks had grown in color nonetheless. It was strange to receive compliments from someone- a stranger, to say, at least. He resisted recoiling, or even taking another step back, but the overthinking didn't quite stop his habit of biting his lip. The thief wasn't sure of the reasons why he was being complimented. Perhaps she was just mocking him, or teasing his appearance. Narrowing his eyes, he shook his head. No, no. If she wished to just mock him, why hold an attempt at conversation? It was much too effort to get the man to approach her, so why waste the efforts with what appeared to be mockery?

A sigh escaped from his lips, and his brows furrowed as he attempted to see what her plan was. Plan? Perhaps she didn't have one. Though, for the meantime, maybe he could just.. "Cat?" The thief's eyebrow lifted in curiosity. "May I ask what that is? Is it a common used term in this area?" He wasn't exactly positive on why he had been compared to this strange being, but perhaps the woman had meant it on good terms. She did appear to be trying to befriend him, though, the Hellion had a bit of trouble believing a friendship was all she desired. He opened his mouth to ask why she found his appearance so amusing, but he quickly decided to avoid such thoughts and questions at the moment, and he shut his trap. The male lightly dropped the weapon onto his belt, thinking it wouldn't be needed. The woman seemed manipulative, but not harmful. Besides, the man could do nothing but hold the conversation. He wasn't sure what would happen if he tried to leave, let alone show any attacking or violence motives to the stranger.
Fell (played by Fell-san)

I like food ok
Rylyn Carrie Locklear (played anonymously)

Rylyn let out a small giggle and kept a toothy grin on her face as she brought up her hands to the top of her head, making a triangle shape with them, and placing them on opposite sides of her head. Laughter in the woman's eyes she let out a "Mrow~", and managed to produce quiet purrs from her chest. -I-t was quite fun to be ho-nest. She decided to bring it a step further and begin rubbing her head into his arm, purring and "Meow"ing all the while. The red-head maneuvered around him to his back and stared at his tail for a while before crouching down to pet it gently twice, then began on her way to his other side. Acting as much as a cat as she 'humanly' could.

Cats wou-ld be common around a village no? They should be and it wa-s interesting that he might- not know them. It was c-ut-e nonetheless and the red-head felt content with the exchange. Rylyn still felt giddy and her chest bloomed with activity, smile ever plastered on her facial features. What set her off was all the other living things in the 'Hall' with them; someone was rambling about food, another kept their eyes on her new friend, and someone was speaking off in a distance that wasn't even in the room! It was mildly distracting but she payed little to no mind to it all- happy with the man around her.

*I start eating the meat*

Biggest fears? The Royal guard, mousers, and this-

Lief drew a sharp breath, the butterflies building in his chest. He wasn't sure if it was from being quite anxious, or the fact she was slightly.. attractive. He tried to shake the thought. He knew he would regret this later in time, so why get himself into such situations at this moment? The man stiffened slightly as she rubbed his arm, not sure of what to do, exactly. Should he strike? Should he just walk away? Before he could decide, the Hellion angled his head to gaze over his shoulder as the woman slid to his backside, for he was confused as she locked eyesight with the tail of his. A weak yip escaped his lips as she stroked it, and his cheeks were dipped in red. Tail flickering, he turned the opposite direction with a hand placed over his mouth. He wasn't quite sure what the noise was, but he had surprised himself. Of all things, he didn't mean to make a form of a pup's bark.

But.. it was quick to lose his attention. Was this what cats would do to humans, let alone non-mortals? If so, he could add a new fear to his list. The purring sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite decided what it was. He slowly lowered his hand, taking three small steps aback from the woman. Eye narrowed, he decided to play off the faint blush that was surrounding his face, straightening his posture with a growl. "Are you alright..?" The three words didn't come easy off the tongue. It was like he couldn't speak, distracted by her actions and the way she had moved. The thief cleared his throat and folded his arms. "I.. What was that, may I ask? I've never seen.."

And it clicked. He knew exactly what was going on.

"Mouser!" He hissed, immediately drawing his dagger from his place. Fear and panic and frustration gleamed in his eyes, let alone his voice. He had been so foolish! He had let his guard down once, and he was face-to-face with a mouser?! He raised the dagger, aiming it towards the stranger's chest. He wasn't thinking- He couldn't think. It was as if the world was spinning, and he had just lost his footing. What a strange metaphor to use.. He was very clearly standing upright, his arm extended and his feet placed firmly upon the ground. He had told himself no fights or acts of violence, but this.. this was different.

Hmmm what

Rylyn heard a small noise come from him and squealed internally with her grin becoming slightly lopsided as she thought, still moving around at the same time. Oh h-e was too much for he-r! People were so fun and funny and he was cute. T-oo cute honestly but she'd push through her -giddy feelings and continue to impres-s him some more. At his movement away from her she stopped her purring and meowing to look at him with mildly emotionless eyes- smile on her face still. The man shouldn't be moving away since she'd done nothing wrong to hi-

...Was...he blushing? De-ar- Cy- she -wa-s goi-ng to -f-aint! How was it- possible for som-eone to look so- ahhhh- okay. Calm down, calm down. It's -fine. Did that mean he found her cute too? How many love stories find the two characters falling in love at the same time? Maybe Aurian hit her recently and this was all a dream for once. A trip to the Ground and a few looks her way would set some rivals off...maybe a fight resulted in a coma...maybe he was an angel that she never began to consider the existence of. A possibility is a possibility though! The smile become genuine again at his questions towards her and she was ready to jump on her answers before she saw a sudden change in his being. A click sounded in her mind as she felt a snap in her- preparing to make a break for it. Looking down at the dagger now pointed to her chest, Rylyn merely grinned.

"You sure don't like these mousers eh dove?", the woman pointed out lightly with a quiet laugh to boot. Chartreuse orbs still on the weapon on her, she could feel it's importance. Memories were practically etched into the thing and the red-head had to wrinkle her nose to pull her out of the interesting shadows coming from it. Bringing her sight up to meet his unsteady gaze, she gave him a sly wink and a little bit of her tongue sticking out to lighten the mood.
Fell-san

Is your character talking about mine

(( Sorry! No- talking about Lief. I as soon as I posted I went to make an edit to acknowledge Fell but when I sent it- the page said server error and I thought I lost the whole thing ;-; I got decided to take a breather and make some tea before making any corrections!

This was roughly how the edit was; ))

Rylyn heard a faint inquire about the situation that was unraveling fast between her and the man in front of her. Though she payed little to no mind to the man from a distance, not wanting to take her eyes off of the almost white-haired male in front of her. She didn't want to hurt her new friend.

(( If you want I can send in another character to keep you actually interacting with people here ^-^ Since Ry and Lief might be going at it and it'll take a while before they're technically free! ))

He didn't understand. Why was she still grinning? It sent a shiver down his spine, but he couldn't tell if that was the reason why he was shaking. The male swallowed, lowering his eyes to refuse meeting hers. "No.. No, I don't particularly 'like' mousers." His attention snapped forward again. "I.. I am not a dove." Rolling his wrist to sway the dagger, he also placed the opposite hand on his hip. "I believe that wouldn't be the right animal to begin describing myself." With a click of his tongue, he silently exhaled. Confidence. Straightened posture. Furious look. Why was it so hard to put on those expressions?

Lief snarled- more at himself than the woman- before he curled his lip back and sneered. "Listen, mouser, I demand you reveal what your... your 'plan' is before I resort to violence. I have seen people of your kind, and it never ends well on your peoples' behalf." He used his free hand to run his fingers through his hair. His leg had stopped aching, but the situation brought another ache to his head as his thoughts whirled throughout his mind. The thief was confused, panicked, and a swirl of mixed emotions that he couldn't quite pin down. The crimson red in his cheeks had flushed, the only evidence that it was ever there was the pale pink that replaced it. He kept his dagger held high, though he watched in mild curiosity as her gaze drifted to the blade. What the hell was going on? It seemed like the question found its way into every situation Lief was placed in, and it felt like it would keep coming until he finally got an answer.

Rylyn giggled and closed her eyes briefly as she did so, opening them again when she finished, tilting her head curtly to the right as chartreuse orbs rested heavily onto the male. "Y'know...for someone pointing a dagger at someone's chest- you sure don't give off the intent of wanting to kill, no?", the red-head asked pointlessly and then went to straighten her head, hand coming up to snatch the swaying blade in front of her. Palm to the sharp edge; rather slice open her hand than to loose a couple fingers. Though she didn't take the weapon from him, just stopped it from moving more so, but was very gently beginning to push it aside- smiling all the while to him.

"Plus- s'little rude to point a weapon at a girl!", Rylyn pointed out, voice sickly sweet. Eyes were half-lidded as she took in his expression, a charming snarl. Th-ere was something rather inviting about- it. The risky si-de of her wanted to push his buttons and -see how far he'd go, but then...he wouldn'-t like her too much. That s-aid he didn't seem to like her to-o much now...

The thief puckered his lips in irritation. She was still snickering, as if he- or the weapon- didn't have any effect on her. He swallowed before speaking, rolling his shoulders back in attempt to raise his height. "Wanting to kill?" He repeated, blinking at the stranger with risen brows. He shook his head with a scoff. "I don't belive I-" His words were cut short in utter shock when the woman grabbed the blade.

She grabbed the blade. What was it and women grasping the blade of his dagger? Was this a cultural event that took place when present with a weapon with a sharp edge? The knife was shifted to the side, followed by a smile offered to him with a handful of words that poured from the stranger's mouth. The Hellion was left speechless, his lips parting as he struggled to find the correct words to stumble upon. He wasn't sure if there were correct words to take place in this current situation, and, if there were, they weren't very clear and easy to say. "Are.. Are you alright?!" Lief breathed, his brows furrowed in panic and frustration. He was quick to tuck the dagger into its position on his belt, for he didn't want to risk her grabbing it again. Without giving her time to answer, the male gently wrapped his fingers around her wrist, flipping her hand to examine the wound. He didn't have any bandages, let alone anything that would.. Sighing, he drew his dagger, despite sheathing it moments ago, and tore the sleeve of his shirt. His jacket was in Hans's hands, so his shirt was the first thing to come to mind.

"Why would you do that? You could've just asked for me to move the weapon. I wouldn't have kept it pointed towards you." Perhaps he was lying, but he wasn't too sure. Lief went quiet, the hilt of his dagger in his mouth as he tied the fabric of his ripped sleeve around the wound. Some people were insane..

Rylyn made a small noise at his sudden grab of her wrist, though not out of displeasure, but mild amusement and happy surprise. A tiny bloom of warmth wrapped itself just under her chest and contrasted heavily with the rest of her cold being. It felt bi-ttersweet in a way. She wasn't brought into existence again to make friends or to necessarily feel anything to begin with; so the warmth set her off a bit. Not moments ago the man was holding a dagger to her and now he's patching up her small bleed with his shirt sleeve. People sure -are weird.

"Thought I was a mouse? Squeak, squeak!", the red-head half giggled out her reply with the full intent of putting him back on edge. Well, to test if he would be put back on edge. If he did then she had more work to do, but if he didn't...then maybe she was closer to accomplishing her original goal.

Gazing from his face, to the dagger, to her wound, Rylyn felt a wave of calm wash over her for a moment, finding some enjoyment of being looked after by someone else. He wasn't as snappy as Cy or as annoyingly quiet as the white-haired person she knew, or a kid...or anyone who found her presence a nuisance. Speaking of causing chaos- it had been a hot minute since she did something odd. Gazing back to the dagger in his mouth, the woman contemplated taking it from him using her own teeth. A- bit to-o tall for her to reach thoug-h...maybe if she jumped a little s-he could pull it off. Oh it was temptin-g. Now squinting at the weapon she barely realized that she'd been looking a little longer than she meant to.

The thief didn't mean to smile, but a grin creased his lips nonetheless. Perhaps she was teasing him, but it wasn't like the harsh mockery he had originally thought it was. He lifted his gaze, surprised to find her staring at the weapon that had been carelessly placed in his mouth. The male was placed in his own daze for a moment, meeting her eyes. He wasn't sure if he was dreaming, or if this was some form of a terrible joke that had been set up. Embarrassed, he cleared his throat while removing the dagger from his mouth, carefully let go of her wrist, and placed a foot of space between them with a foolish smile. The Hellion sheathed the weapon before running his fingers through his tousled hair, lowering his eye to floor before staring at the ceiling.

"Mouser." Lief made a small correction with a chuckle. "It.. It's a monster- er.. more of a fairytale beast- with a rather frightening history with 'my' people. I s'ppose this.. 'cat' you speak of is the lower version of a mouser." He shuddered, scrunching his nose at the thought. "They bring miserable luck and a handful of curses, and I didn't wish for anyone here to be harmed by.." His voice trailed off as he realized he sounded like a panicked child. The thief snorted anxiously, rubbing the back of his neck as his gaze nervously drifted to the woman again. "Of course, I didn't believe you were a mouser- That would be ridiculous-! I've only heard tales of such creatures, and I don't possibly believe in such nonsense and child folk stories." With a small inhale, he continued by speaking quickly and furrowing his brows. "But you aren't a mouser, are you? Because, if so, I believe I have no choice but to continue with my ways of threats and violence."

-H-e wasn't on edge about it at- all. Back to being a little giddy.

Half-listening to his explanation of a mouser, she only noted that he didn't like them and that they were bad. It was all she needed to know and to surprise him with her remembrance of it later. Swaying on her feet from side-to-side to keep herself from going for his tail again, liking his last reaction to it, gazing at him with a loose smile on her face. He'd- did a grin a li-ttle while ago...she was actually getting s-omewhere with all of this-!

"Not a mouser, but if you want to harm me again then do so now!", the red-head stated before dramatically throwing her head to the side and shielding herself with her injured hand, the other placed on her cheek. Half-hiding her own grin with said hand. Then as suddenly as she did so, she stopped her fake play and looked back to him with a smug look on her face. Rylyn look a second to look at the wrap of clothing on her hand and extending her arm out to look at it from a distance, tilting her head. After a second she flipped it forward as if she were showing off a ring and even wiggled her fingers a bit.

"I have been bestowed a token~", she exclaimed with with a small accent and faking a mature voice for a moment before breaking into laughter.

The thief chuckled, folding his arms across his chest as he yawned. The small, playful act had caught him off-guard, causing his smile to be somewhat real. Perhaps he didn't need to worry about being or sounding so childish, let alone violent in any sort of way. The male laughed softly and leaned aback on his heels, watching as she observed the fabric that had been tied around her wound. "A token? May I ask what you mean by that? I didn't know such lowly clothing could be cherished." His words were meant as a careless joke, though he was half-serious. Was this some sort of another tease? Ears lowered, the male managed to keep his grin despite being lost in his self-conscious thoughts. Was he being foolish for being so insecure? Was 'insecure' the correct term to use? Perhaps it was, for he was practically beating himself up over the fact he was clueless to mockery. Mockery..? He was placed in square one of his silent queries once again. Was the woman mocking him?

Lief couldn't help but quietly laugh. He understood he was overthinking once again, but, in his defense, he wasn't the best when it came to social interaction. Perhaps staying at the table would've granted him less situations and problems, either it to be internal or socially. Though, he took note of the faint accent he was sure he had heard. He hadn't noticed it before, but, as she faked a small, mature tone, he had finally realized it was there. Perhaps he was stressing himself too much, but he couldn't tell either way. But, for the time being, he laughed along with the stranger, attempting to hide his slight awkwardness as he tried to keep the conversation going.

"Anything from Lawrence is something to be cherished~", Rylyn reasoned as she put her hand to her chest again, swing to-and-fro as a toothy grin settled on her happy face.

It made her happy to see him being happy around her some more, and it was encouraging her further to keep doing more things to make him like her more than the off-speech woman. A poisonous starting point for a fair cause, but it was worth it- and was it really poisonous to begin with if it were for something good? For once she wasn't trying to make herself hap-...wel-l, it was nice -to see someone else enjoy he-r pers-onality...maybe that was s-elf-ish in itself. Eh-- whatever the reas-on, it was fair.

The red-head looked at her hand again before putting it to her front and reaching down to reach her toes, hoping the stretch would calm her racing heart a bit as she gave the floor a sly smirk. If he picked it up...she might be in for some trouble- but she couldn't help herself! Rylyn was born to stir chaos.

"Lawrence.." The thief echoed the strange word, his eye wide with worry. "How did.. did you- Where did you hear that?" The complicated sentence rolled of the tongue with concern ringing in his tone. His ears were perked, along with the feeling of panic and some sort of irritation. He wasn't sure if he was frustrated with himself, for not being careful enough, or with Aleron, who he recalled to have said his unspoken name in previous conversation. Well, the Hellion certainly couldn't do anything to fix the past, but he was going to make sure he had a future. He had the temptation to draw his dagger and end the woman's life at this moment, but as his eyes scanned over the tavern, he realized there were one too many people. Alongside the fact of population in the feast, he also didn't need his name plastered on any more posters. He already had a handful of problems- perhaps even more- and he didn't need another one to worry about.

So, the panicked male did the only reasonable thing as his eyes drifted back to the stranger, who was currently stretching. Lief swiftly moved to her side, lowered his arms from his chest, and swept her off of her feet. Of course, he was embarrassed for holding the woman in a formal bridal style, but he didn't wish to resort to violence, and this seemed as if it were the only idea he could possibly think of. He forced a smile- for anyone who might've been observing the odd situation- before turning the corner into an area where the bathrooms seemed to be placed. Checking to make sure they were alone for the time being, he slipped into the restroom before setting the woman back onto her feet.

As he turned and fiddled with the lock to the door, he hissed. "Who the hell are you? And what is it you need from me?" Lief sighed with a low growl, reeling on his heels to face her. "Posters.. Is it the cash reward? If it's money you wish for, I can get it to you by the end of the week. Deal? On my side of conditions, I only ask you don't turn me in, alongside the fact you call me by the name of 'Lief'."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Eternal Feast (Any and all may join)!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus