Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Jessie (played by SeaWarriorRachel)

"And then climb back up on the other side? Jaxon, I admire that idea. I do. But that drop is so far down you can't even hear a rock drop. Heck I don't even know if it hit the bottom yet. It could takes days to get down there and even longer to get up." She takes a deep breath. "It very well may be our only option but I would much rather exhaust many options rather than just one. Give me a minute to think and if I can't then we will do your plan okay?"
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“Let’s hope you think of something better. I, personally, don’t want to do mine as much as you but if it’s our only choice we’ll have to live with it.” He sat down near the edge and threw a rock down for himself. “Who knows? There may very well be water down there and the rock you threw just didn’t make as much noise.” He didn’t hear the rock hit anything on its way down, which slightly put him on edge.

She places her head between her knees. "There has to be another way. There is always another way." She grips her hair. "We can't fly across... nor can we jump. And climbing seems ridiculous, but possible. Maybe the sides? Could we hug the wall to the other side?" She looks up.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“There might not be anything. And hugging the wall would still mean climbing. Putting holes in the rocks. I’ll admit it’s better than mine, but it’s a lot harder. Chasms could go on forever and there probably isn’t anything on the other side.” He didn’t mean to push the idea down so quickly but he wanted to live.

"Risky sure. But it'll take maybe an hour where as climbing down then back up could take who knows how long!" She stands to her feet and faces him. "Jaxon we do not have days... we don't have food or water for that kind of trip. Not to mention the fact that we are both exhausted! Which I know my idea is highly risky and uses a ton of energy, but it would be much easier to regain a quick burst of energy than going days constantly trying to restore it." She knits her brows. "I can... I can try to think of more ideas I suppose."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He was shocked by her outburst. “I realize that...” He said nothing else. He didn’t want to anger her anymore that he thought he already had. She had a new arm and that might hurt a lot more than her flesh arm. If they were going to go, he might as well start off first. He walks down the side, almost hugging the wall.

She watches him walk over and follows in suit. She quietly speaks, "Thank you... for trying this plan... I know it's not ideal but... I appreciate it." She says as she hugs the wall. "Perhaps these may help?" She holds out some metal pieces and some cloth. She ties hers tightly to her shoe that is already pretty shredded up. "Itll help keep your shoe in tact and I can help make it extra tight and secure if youd need me to." She added
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He didn’t know if they would even help. “No, just keep going.” He hopes they would reach the end soon, but it was getting dark. He started going slower. He knew that there might be a hole in the floor and someone would fall through.

"Well alright then we both need to be careful." She was getting more and more tired by the minute but didnt want to let it show. She blinked a few times and continued. "Do you see anything up ahead?"
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“I’m not a cat; I can’t see in the dark.” He stated. “If I did I would’ve told you.” All he could do was use all of his senses but sight. He couldn’t even see it own hands. His hearing was better, he knew that. He didn’t hear anything out of the ordinary but was ready if something did make a noise, ready to attack either of them from the front, back, or side.

"Hmm all this time I thought you were." She said sarcastically and chuckled. "Well, I'm sure we are close by now." She yawns.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“I doubt we’re getting anywh-” He stops before he could even finish what he was going to say and holds his arms out to regain his balance and stop her from moving forward. After moving his foot around the ground he confirms his suspicions. “There’s a hole. I don’t know if it’s small enough for us to jump across or not.”

She feels his hand on her. "Oh man... well we cant turn around now! We have come so far!" She thinks about her days before the zombie apocalypse. "Okay okay this is going to sound crazy but what if we climbs over this hole. Hear me out. Okay? I use to get in predicaments like this all the time in my tomb raiding days. We can use the metal shards to dig into the rock wall and move that way. Like rock climbing but sideways! I'll go first if youd like. Or if you dont think you can I can carry you..." she paused. "That sounds weird didnt it? Eh." She shrugs.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He felt his face heat up from embarrassment when she said she’d carry him if he refused. “Absolutely not!” He was glad it was too dark to see for that reason only. He holds onto the wall as he scrapes holes in the wall for his and her feet. He then makes holes for his hands for holding on and starts moving across the wall, scraping everything along the way.

She chuckles getting the hint of embarrassment in his voice. "Well, I know you are more than capable of doing it yourself anyway." She smiles and follows in step behind him. She digs the metal scrap into the wall and moves along behind him.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He continuously takes a step, scrapes, and feels for ground. Not feeling anything for a while. He was starting to give up hope a little. He wanted to rest his now numb and possibly bleeding fingers. He wanted to make sure his shoes were still intact for anything that might come their way. He wanted water. His throat was too dry and he could hear his stomach grumbling. Living in alleys didn’t help his current situation. He should’ve stole his victims money. He continues on.

Her now shaking limbs wonder how much further but this is nothing compared to no food for days in her world. The constant running until her legs couldnt move any longer. The climbing from even before to escape whatever came her way. She noticed Jaxon slowing down. "Honestly jaxon use the metal scraps to stick into this rock... itll save your hands and give you more leverage. And if you get tired I can always lead the way. I noticed that from the other side it was slightly higher which means the ledge would be higher rather than straight below us. And again my offer still stands." She says nonchalantly. "I will make sure you get out of this alive okay?"
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“No...it’s fine. I don’t need them.” He knew he would soon come to regret it but he didn’t want to waste any time to get to the other side. Sure, he was insanely tired and his fingers were bleeding but it was nothing compared to the pain she had to go through and endure. Soon enough, his hand slipped out of the hole he made and his side flew out, one hand and one leg in the wall. He gasped loudly, hoping he wouldn’t fall. He quickly grabbed back onto the wall, his fingers feeling too weak to continue holding him on the wall.

By instinct she grabbed ahold of him. "Jaxon please... use these ot let me help you. I dont want you to fall." Her voice was full of sincerity. "You are using 3 times the engery digging holes for your hands and feet when you can just jab these into the wall like so." She plunges the metal into the rock and it sticks. "If not I WILL carry you! Dont you for a second think I wont swoop you up and carry you the rest of the way up this!" Still holding his arm she looks at him and can tell his fingers are bleeding. "Jaxon... let me help you. And dont worry about me okay? I use to do stuff like this for a living. Not by choice but that doesnt matter. And I have had to carry people in situations as well. You can pay me back some other way if that's what you're worried about okay?" She squeezed his arm slightly but returned her grip on him as one of helping him stay balanced.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“I am not having someone carry me. Just give me the metal.” He held out his hand for the things he requested and tried looking around through the darkness for anything that might indicate that they’re close to a platform to climb on. But these attempts were to no prevail as no matter how much his eyes adjusted to the dark, it was either too far away or not there at all. He wasn’t eliminating the fact that they could be two or three steps from something and he’s just looking at a wall.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus