Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Jessie (played by SeaWarriorRachel)

She yelled over to Jaxon "Do NOT... touch their belly.... things with your bare skin!" She is more or less out of breath. "Dont be... giving up on... me yet" she laughs out of exhaustion. Her good arm is getting tired and her strength is depleting but she continues anyway.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He wanted to know why but didn’t have the breath to ask. He was starting to heavily pant and his dodging was getting really slow. He felt the robots were just teasing him. He knew they were going to continuously teleport around him until he gave out and fell, but he didn’t want that. Nobody in his position would. All of his heavy breathing had gotten him light headed and his face even paler than before. In a quick moment, he closed his eyes and stabbed whatever was before him, whether it be the robot or air, he didn’t know and couldn’t keep it up anymore.

Noticing his struggle she aimed for his Vex with the laser gun so it would teleport right where he aimlesslesly went. "If you make a hit on its stomach Jaxon RELEASE YOUR WEAPON" she pants. "Do not... let it.. touch you.." she focus' back fully on her Vex as she is seeing spots. Dodging as best she can as the lazers slightly graze her. She is practically wheezing and her legs feel like jello. "I... wont ... let you... win!" She sways all over trying her best to see straight but she began seeing doubles. "I will... not lose!" All the blood loss is kicking in as her adrenaline slowly depletes. She shoots aimlessly up at the cave ceiling hitting a sharp rock. It falls damaging one of the Vex. (Doesnt have to be badly just a little it's up to you.) She takes a knee and tries her best to pick up the dead body to take cover.
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

Feeling something strike his dagger gave him a promising effort to keep going. If he could kill one, he could try to kill the others. He was eyeing all the other robots while he took a quick breath. After that few breaths, he got ready to sprint towards the other robots, whether he hits them at all is all up to fate. He just hoped fate wanted him to live a little longer.
Thyrkeon (played by Arcol)

The Vex against Jess was crushed under the rock, leaving only a single Goblin left for the test and Skoliks the Tempered.

She wobbles over to the crushed Vex and rips off a big chunk of fabric. She wraps the radiolaria 3 times in the cloth never touching it once. She makes sure it's good and secure and places the chunk in her pocket since Jaxon was distracting the last one. She picks up her arm. "Damn... I could always ask Ki to make me a robotic one..." she felt like crying then looked up Skolik. "Why..." she gave a disappointed face and turned to face Jaxon and the last Vex. "This isn't right... this shouldnt be real." The blood had stopped where her stub was. It was near her elbow where there was no longer a limb. She clenches her fist and yanks off long piece of metal from the broken Vex making sure not to touch something she wasnt supposed to. It was sharp. She lingered for a moment watching every move and listening for Skolik behind her. Her eyes are practically glazed over. "Game over" she says to herself and quietly but quickly runs at the unexpecting Vex. She jams it through its chest. She missed the stomach do to her one arm. She tumbled to the ground with a loud thud and coughs up some blood. She tries to get up but only shakes wildly from exhaustion.

It stumbled a bit, the impact more shocking than painful; after all, they were biological machines, Skoliks knew the test was almost complete, and that their purpose of fighting would serve as a weakness in the coming future.

She clenches some rubble on the ground. "No... I will... no...t... give... up..." she looks up at the Vex Goblin who was dazed for a moment. She falls to her back as a single tear fall down her cheek. "Brothers... I'm sorry... I gave it... my all... but..." she looks at her missing arm. She chuckles to herself. "Youd probably scold me for being so careless Ki... and Bry... youd just punch my other arm and give me a different reason to cry..." she becomes hysterical with both tears and laughter. She pulls a glass shard out of her back that she collapsed on. She decided to defend herself with it. "I dont want to give up, Jaxon."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

He stabs the stumbling Vex in the stomach, and jogs towards Jessie. “Now isn’t the time to rest and be sad about the future, we’re right here and we won’t be going anywhere anytime soon, stop worrying about the people in your world and worry about yourself.” He reaches out his hand. “We can fight them. You can probably use one of their arms as a replacement for yours. It’d give us the advantage.” He was still breathing heavily. “Don’t only do it for yourself, do it for me. I don’t want to die here.”

She smiles up at him and takes his out reached hand. She is touched and pleasantly surprised at his words. "Jaxon..." He pulls her up and sways a bit. "Thank you. You're right, we will make it out of here! We just have to!" She turns her attention to where Skolik is. "Ready for one more?" She smirks as she regains her energy

“The test is complete,” Skoliks chuckled, “sending all collected data to Thyrkeon...complete. You have completed this trial well, insimulants; but know that the Vex will be watching...and waiting.”
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“What do you mean ‘trial’?” He was concerned. Was this just some stupid test? There was more of them? And how many? He had too many questions and so little time.

She glares and tilts her head. "You owe me an arm. I hope you realize that!" She gives a hefty sigh and mumbles to herself. "If I had a needle and my arm viens and arteries weren't dead and some thread or something then I could sow it on myself." She looks at the Vexs arm. "I cant wear that... it's too big." She looks at Jaxon whom seemed troubled. She pats his back. "Dont worry! We will get out of here."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“Never promise anything here. Ever.” He looks at her then back at the robots. “You never know if anything could happen at all here. We probably haven’t even searched 10% of this place. Or maybe we’ve already been through 45%. You’ll never know. And you’ll never know what kind of dangers and death awaits us.” He was serious now.

"I said we will get out of here Jaxon. Either death will take us or we do manage to get home. I never promised a thing." Her expression doesnt change much from her glare. "I realize the situation we are in right now. I noticed that robot not coming after us so I figured he was calculating or reading us." She pauses. "I am more curious as to why we are here at all? What makes us so special?" She looks at Skolik.

“You are insimulants, yes,” it informed them, “unable to be predicted because of your nature; this makes you perfect subjects for the tests we provide. You have passed the first of many, but more remain to solve, yes? Escape alive, find the way out. Fight, win, live.”

"Are they all gonna be fighting the Vex? Because news flash here, I have one arm! This is quite the disadvantage. We should be rewarded for passing." She sighs "Whatever I guess. We will give it our all."
Jaxon (played by Rekogi)

“At least give her another arm! She’ll end up dying before we make it to the end!” He yelled at the lone robot. “Or should I just make you?” He began walking to the robot with his knife ready to stab it.

"I doubt he could even make one Jaxon. Besides, he'd prob make it so I'd turn into one them or something. I mean he can probably only make rinky dinky robot arms anyway." She shrugs. "Oh well," she picks up one of the lazer guns and aims it at Skolik. "I guess we will have to take one of yours. " she smirks

“Try if you want, humans,” he sneered, “I was not employed by Thyrkeon to be lost to those who wield that which we cannot simulate; you may claim your spoils, take its arm, mend your wounds, yes? But you have passed this test; many still await you. Do what you can, or you die.” With that, he teleported away, leaving them among three discarded chassis.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Helix Trials

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus